Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-13-2011, 03:24 AM   #321
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
His interview with Hannah Storm on that link there is so, so great. He's so genuine and emotional in the moment. It's just terrific.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 03:25 AM   #322
PlanoMavs74

PlanoMavs74 is a jewel in the roughPlanoMavs74 is a jewel in the roughPlanoMavs74 is a jewel in the rough

WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! AWESOME!!!!
PlanoMavs74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:27 AM   #323
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

We can brag about this for the next 20 years just like Houston fans - this franchise is indestructible...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:29 AM   #324
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Did anybody else see Dirk hug his Mom on his way back to the locker room? That definitely got me tearing up too, he had one of the widest grins I've ever seen him have

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:29 AM   #325
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

If anybody wants to listen to the local radio broadcast with Coop & Brad Davis, they are replaying it on ESPN radio right now, working online as well (so anyone can listen). I think the 4th qtr just started.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/rad...age=listenlive

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 06-13-2011 at 03:32 AM.
Jon Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:32 AM   #326
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
His interview with Hannah Storm on that link there is so, so great. He's so genuine and emotional in the moment. It's just terrific.
Wow, I didn't even watch that at first. You're right, that's a terrific interview. Everyone needs to go watch that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:42 AM   #327
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I think maybe part of his 1-for-12 was his sinuses.

He's sniffing and wiping his nose quite a bit. Dude isn't quite over it.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:44 AM   #328
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

espn in-game tweets:

@johnhollinger Lots of Dallas fans made the trip. If this was based on fan enthusiasm, Mavs would have won series 4-0. 10 minutes ago

@johnhollinger RT @haralabob: Those are fouls that Dirk draws EVERY time on offense, #fairgame

@WindhorstESPN Numerous Mavs fans standing up thru game & timeout, not all Miami fans happy about it behind them.

@kevinarnovitz RT @treykerby: The thing to learn here is if you want to fight the other team, call a timeout before doing so

@WindhorstESPN After seeing replay, Haslem got in Stevenson's way on purpose. Chalmers was out of control. Not smart all around. 4

@TrueHoop Now up to 56 lead changes over a little less than five-and-a-half games. Awesome.

@RicBucher Dirk's shot not missing by much but stroke is not as smooth. Mavs' confidence vs. Heat D is palpable, though, even w/Dirk's 1-12.

@TrueHoop To my eyes, Joel Anthony, for one, clearly ran from the bench into an altercation, and not as a peacemaker.

@WindhorstESPN Huge stat in first half: Mavs with 17-4 edge in points off turnovers & Heat only had 3 more TOs (9) than Dallas (6

@thechrispalmer Wade Eurostepped directly into Cardinal. Didn't need the move there.

@coachthorpe 1st 42 mins of series-Heat were +23. Next 183 mins-Mavs +32.

@coachthorpe Bron gets unfairly criticized most of the time. But he deserves everything coming to him now

@coachthorpe If Heat lose in 6 and Bron does not have a great 4th, he'll feel like the "heat" that came from "The Decision" was just a gentle tap

@WindhorstESPN Mavs have been the better team for the last three games and they are now 12 minutes from a title. Dallas up 81-72 heading to 4th.

@johnhollinger RT @ShaneBattier: “@Klow7: @ShaneBattier look at bc lol!!!”(we knew the custodian before he was prime time )

@JustinVerrier I wish I could marry Dallas' ball movement

@WindhorstESPN First: Dallas' poise just amazing. That's most important. But 12 biggest min of season & LeBron on bench...and seems like right call. Whoa

@johnhollinger Dueling "Lets go Mavs" vs. "Lets go Heat" breaks out in crowd. The fact this is a relatively even fight should tell you everything.

@coachthorpe Miami physically, mentally, emotionally drained. Dallas looked exactly like this until Wade hit the corner 3 that changed the series

@tomhaberstroh Heat spiraling out of control. Mavs fans start Let's Go Mavs chant, sparking Heat fans with own Let's Go Heat chant. Lasted all of 15 *****

@thechrispalmer The real question is whether or not JJ Barea can destroy the Ring and save Middle Earth.

@JustinVerrier Most surprising champion since ... ever

@TrueHoop Dirk getting emotional. Happy for him

@johnhollinger Unbelievable. Fans of every team ending in "avs" celebrating wildly

@coachthorpe I'm sad to write this, but I don't think Spo survives this.

@thechrispalmer Jason Terry to add today's date under trophy tattoo.

@thechrispalmer I'm told by a tattoo artist that the most painful letters to remove are C-H-O-S-E-N.

@thechrispalmer Shawn Marion beat Steve Nash, Amar'e and Joe Johnson to a title. Yes, he did.

@thechrispalmer Mario Chalmers had more points, assists and steals than Dwyane Wade in Game 6. Didn't see that coming.

@kevinarnovitz LeBron James and Dwyane Wade: 11 combined free throws, 11 combined turnovers

@RicBucher NBA officials concerned Mavs video guru Mike Shedd is a random fan, nearly drag him off podium during trophy presentation..

@RicBucher In-game tweets I wanted to send: Spoelstra telling Heat to stay mentally tough. If Carlisle told Mavs 10 times in series, Spo said it 100.

@RicBucher Press room packed for LBJ/Wade. When they left, half the room did, too, though JKidd/Jet were next. Focus still on Heat, even in failure

@RicBucher Start of 4Q, Udonis + Juwan stood facing each other in huddle. Juwan: "You gotta believe!" Udonis: "C'mon!" Huddle remained strangely quiet.

@thechrispalmer Jason Terry's 27 points ties for the most off the bench in a title-clinching win since the merger. Manu Ginobli had 27 in 2007.

@thechrispalmer RT @joehaden23: Lmao! So I'm in club liv and all the sudden dirk and mark Cuban walk on the club with the trophy

@johnhollinger Didn't fit in my story, but more Cuban: "Our fans punked the hell out of Miami fans." (cont'd)

@johnhollinger "I've never ever ever ever seen an arena in the Finals where the visiting team was making more noise than the home team."

@tomhaberstroh Spo on LeBron's passivity: "I’ve said this many times, and certainly I can say it all to you out there: It’s a lot easier said than done.”

@WindhorstESPN You can hear the celebration in Dallas locker room, which is just behind stage where Spoelstra is speaking.

@thechrispalmer At 38 years and 81 days old Jason Kidd is the oldest starting guard to win an NBA championship.

@WindhorstESPN Jury has come in, best 2010 signing: Dirk Nowitzki

@RoyceWebb Dallas did it the hard way: Beat Blazers, Lakers, Thunder, Heat, going 16-5.

@JustinVerrier Mike Bibby: Hey, can I borrow $6 million?

@JustinVerrier Dirk's making a habit out of accepting MVPs after poor performances.

@kevinarnovitz Dallas Mavericks: Testimonial for professionalism and preparation.

@kevinarnovitz While we're at it, someone want to give Dwane Casey a second chance?

Last edited by mavErika; 06-13-2011 at 04:41 AM.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:50 AM   #329
Fragism

Fragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to beholdFragism is a splendid one to behold

BTW I don't know if it's been posted again but:
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...s-of-nba-title
Fragism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:02 AM   #330
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so incredibly happy for this TEAM. What a beautiful and amazing story, with so many incredible plot twists and turns. I'm so happy for J_Kidd and Matrix and DSteve. TC&JJB.
Donnie&Rick and Dwayne &Terry Stotts& the rest of the coaching staff. For Cubes. For Jet. And especially for Dirk...
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:23 AM   #331
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
What an amazing interview. Congrats Dirk. All the hard work paid off.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:26 AM   #332
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Cant sleep. Content to watch replays and interviews over and over.
Favorite sports team of my lifetime. Nothing will EVER top this in that regard.
So incredibly proud of these guys. What an astonishing display of guts, skill, will, desire, teamwork. All done with class and dignity. Well done
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:41 AM   #333
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Cant sleep. Content to watch replays and interviews over and over.
Favorite sports team of my lifetime. Nothing will EVER top this in that regard.
So incredibly proud of these guys. What an astonishing display of guts, skill, will, desire, teamwork. All done with class and dignity. Well done
Same here man. I'm watching the game again right now, and I still can't believe it. I will treasure this for the rest of my life.

I want to hug each and every person on this forum right now. I'm just utterly euphoric.

Dallas Mavericks: 2011 NBA Champions.

That. Just. Happened.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:00 AM   #334
Mavsfan2thedeath

Mavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to allMavsfan2thedeath is a name known to all

Corey Brewer has got to be thinking he's one lucky SOB! Started the season with the T-Wolves and ending up on the champions' stage with the Mavs.
Mavsfan2thedeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:09 AM   #335
ZueriMav

ZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really nice

Champs at last! Thanks guys. I even didn't jinx it by posting anything ;-)
WHAT A RIDE!!!!!
ZueriMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:10 AM   #336
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

THIS CALLS FOR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

!!!

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:10 AM   #337
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Quote:
With this season the "first time where the true alpha dog," as Nelson described it, came from the other side of the Atlantic. From a little town in Bavaria called Wurzburg.

"Dirk gets Executive of the Year, Coach of the Year, Man of the Year," Nelson said when asked if he ever dared to envision Nowitzki's seemingly ho-hum decision to re-sign in Dallas trumping the historic union of Wade, James and Dallas native Chris Bosh on South Beach.

"He makes us all look smart."

Last edited by mavErika; 06-13-2011 at 05:11 AM.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:13 AM   #338
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

THIS CALLS FOR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:32 AM   #339
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

So many goosebump moments.

Thank you for being there for us for so many years, forum. So many hard moments that I would've had to swallow alone and who knows if I could've kept standing without DM!

Thank you for working so hard, Dirk. You've always been a champion and everybody here knew it but now the world knows it.

Cuban, JET - champions. Warriors. Special ass people.

JKidd, Chandler, Marion, Butler, Haywood, Peja, BC... what a story and what a feeling it must be.

Amazing!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:49 AM   #340
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Thank you for being there for us for so many years, forum. So many hard moments that I would've had to swallow alone and who knows if I could've kept standing without DM!
Amen. None of my friends are big sports fans, so they obviously have no understanding of my passion for the Mavs. This forum has been invaluable to me over the last six years for letting me discuss this team and this sport with people who have as much passion as I do, as well as equal or in many cases more knowledge than I have.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-13-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:58 AM   #341
captred

captred is on a distinguished road

I'm so proud of our guys right now...and being the only dallas fan in the family makes this championship much sweeter...
captred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:11 AM   #342
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

These Finals gave birth to a new Mavs fan. My girl watched every game with me and declared last night she plans to watch every game with me next season. Sadly I had to break her heart and explain about the pending lockout.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:36 AM   #343
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I am so happy. I've spent the first half of my workday just reading this forum, publishing my fandom on the Internet, watching videos, staring at pictures and reminiscing over all the years.

It's been almost 17 years since a team of mine has won a championship. That's almost two thirds of my life. Back then, I followed sports like it was a religion. The athletes were gods and the media was the pastor (this is good, this is bad). I wanted to throw spirals 40 yards down field. I wanted to rain 3s 10 in a row. I wanted to throw a ball 100 mph. I put them on my walls. I kept notes. I memorized their numbers. Hero ball? I had hero worship. My actions in life came from what I learned from the quotes of my heros. My decisions influenced by what I saw on the field and on the court. My personality shaped by this religion of mine.

Well now... 10, 15, 17 years later. Bills, money, college, career, friendships, girls and relationships have passed through or are now the focus of my life. I don't worship anybody anymore. My walls don't have pictures of anybody I don't know personally. I know sports is really a diversion, even with its firm and practical lessons. You can't take the ups of a game too seriously and you can't take the downs of a game too seriously.

But tonight, I got some of my childhood back. Like Dirk and Kidd, I learned you can still learn when you're older. I learned good things DO happen. I learned that 13 years is a long time but it's not that long as long as the right thing happens. I learned belief is hard to earn but quick to leave. I learned winning isn't everything and is only deeply satisfying if you do it in a certain way. I love sports. I love basketball. I love the Mavericks. I love the fans - especially the ones who are alone in their devotion in where they live.

5 years ago, I graduated from college, joined the real world and the Mavericks lost in the Finals. Now I'm leaving for my second job and moving around the world, the Mavericks are back in the Finals. Is it strange that I believe how I will do at my next phase in life is somewhat connected to the Mavericks being in the Finals? Is it strange that the timing is so together?? What will happen in five years??

Life just is a funny thing. I'm in awe.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:53 AM   #344
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Just so happy for Dirk and also Kidd, canĀ“t believe it!

Has HeatWave already posted?

Last edited by Kante; 06-13-2011 at 06:53 AM.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #345
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

man. this feels good. All the heartache and emotions. It's all worth it.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:44 AM   #346
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Haven't read through all of the threads yet...but I was just curious about something...As Cuban was walking through the tunnel, after the game, he met up with what appeared to be a bunch of kids with a lady holding a kid and he hugged his daughter...Was that Cuban's wife? If so, it was interesting in that he barely looked at the lady, and gave her any recognition, hug, kiss, whatever...If it was his wife, it did not look good in my opinion...

Other than that one small incident (if it was his wife), Cuban was quite classy...he has learned a lot, and I believe we will see a better behaved Cuban from here on out..

Last edited by Maringa; 06-13-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Maringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:46 AM   #347
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

There is only one song that should be listened to today....

We Are The Champions

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:48 AM   #348
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
The NBA should be careful when shipping the Miami Heat champs t-shirts to the poor in Guatemala. They could be a choking hazard...
Brilliant!!!!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:59 AM   #349
Nowitzness81

Nowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant futureNowitzness81 has a brilliant future

I think that was a player's wife, not Cuban's.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:07 AM   #350
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

So what did everyone sell (Soul) for this to happen?

Didn't Ron Artest tweet something about running down some boulevard butt bare ass naked if the Mavs win?

This is better than if they had won in 06'...after all, the Mavs were piced to lose to Portland, then picked to lose to the Lakers, then picked to lose to OKC...and no doubt picked to be swept by the Heat...

Through it all, they became the most beloved team in the NBA as the Heat melted into one of the most hated evil empires that I've ever seen.

What a season, what a playoffs, and what a Championship!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:22 AM   #351
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan2thedeath View Post
Corey Brewer has got to be thinking he's one lucky SOB! Started the season with the T-Wolves and ending up on the champions' stage with the Mavs.
He must but that Haywood looks really happy. You helped us get there big guy!
"Yankees fans who say ā€œflags fly foreverā€™ā€™ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... Itā€™s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. Thatā€™s it and no one can say s--- about it.ā€™ā€™
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:03 AM   #352
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Actual text conversation at 7:15 this morning...

Quote:
Boss: you still drunk?

Me: tbh, yes

Boss: take the day off, you earned it
This comes on the heels of me getting a huge promotion and 20% raise last Friday - I wanted to mention my ridiculous luck on this board, but I didn't want to jinx anything.

I'm the kid who just got a Red Rider BB Gun for Christmas...

Last edited by Underdog; 06-13-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:04 AM   #353
41creepingdeath

41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all41creepingdeath is a name known to all

Old 06-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #354
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

It's a sad thing denial. The national media wondering where the real Lebron was. The real Lebron just isn't as good as everyone thought. I thought we got the real Lebron. He just sucks when it matters. Let it sink in. He just isn't that good.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:11 AM   #355
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Jet post game last night was great.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:33 AM   #356
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Just so happy for Dirk and also Kidd, canĀ“t believe it!

Has HeatWave already posted?
He's banned.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:38 AM   #357
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstudi View Post
He's banned.
And we haven't lost a game since he got the boot...

Old 06-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #358
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

When is the private JET supposed to land at Love field? Anyone know? ...and is anyone else going to be there to watch a bunch of hungover or still drunk champions stumble out of that thing?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:58 AM   #359
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
When is the private JET supposed to land at Love field? Anyone know? ...and is anyone else going to be there to watch a bunch of hungover or still drunk champions stumble out of that thing?
11am

Old 06-13-2011, 10:00 AM   #360
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK LEGIONS View Post
amazing pic.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
attention whore murph, dirk, dirk > any tag ever, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk=god of heat, dirk=god of thunder, dirk=nba champion!, epic fail bump, i can die now