Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-14-2010, 11:14 AM   #321
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

So will Roddy give his number 3 to Caron?

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2010, 11:28 AM   #322
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

This appears to be a positive deal for the Mavs...is this the end of the deals, or is there room for yet another "Salary Dump"

Do the Mavs still have the expiring contract chip of Dampier, and can they turn that into yet another impact player to boost up the 2nd half and playoff roster?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 11:33 AM   #323
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Harris/Stackhouse/Howard/Gooden

for

Kidd/Butler/Marion/Haywood

(and we're primed to make a big move this summer!)

Anyone still wanna fire Donnie Nelson?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 02-14-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:03 PM   #324
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Is this deal Gasol-like? We traded them bench players for 2 of their 3 best starters...

Does this at least make up for Cuban getting hosed in the Kidd/Harris deal?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #325
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=alby;1065446]GREAT trade for Dallas

Quote:
Ultimately, I hope this brings back the excitement to the AAC and to Maverick Nation, it's been lacking so far this year.
This team and its fans have needed an infusion for awhile now, and I think we have just made a trade that will have both this team and Maverick Nation chomping at the bit for the second half of the season. Can we join the Lakers at the top? That is to be seen but if this team can gel and Dirk get excited, watch out.

Quote:
However, the truth of the matter is the trade improved our team both offensively and defensively. What more can a fan ask for? Good job Donnie and Cubes.
Thank you Mark!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #326
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Is this deal Gasol-like? We traded them bench players for 2 of their 3 best starters...

Harris has been pedestrian this year, so I don't think we can blame Cuban much now. Probably could have gotten more talent back, but we did get a very solid PG that has been healthy since we picked him up.

I don't think this is Gasol-like because we didn't give up a spare for an all star, but it is definitely closer to it on paper than we've had in a while.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #327
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post

I think this and drafting/keeping Roddy is pretty good, yes.

It is better to try and fail versus not trying at all. If the Mavs don't win a championship this season well...at least they tried to maximize the team's weaknesses as best as possible without sacrificing future flexibility.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #328
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Hosed?

Who got the All-Star and who got the leader of a single-digit win team?

Lowblow but that's how it go.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:48 PM   #329
aurelino9

aurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to allaurelino9 is a name known to all

Rotation-wise, come playoff time, the following are guaranteed to play:
Dirk, Kidd, Terry, Marion, Butler, Haywood, Dampier (if healthy).

If Carlisle sticks to an 8-man rotation, who else should play? Of the above,
only Kidd is a legit PG so either you are asking Jet to run the point (for 8-10 minutes) off the bench
or you need JJB/Beaubois. Front court is more stable since Dirk is going to play 37-38 mpg anyway.

I'd be happier if they get another backup frontcourt player. Damp's health is up in the air and Najera doesn't cut it.
aurelino9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:54 PM   #330
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Honestly in the playoffs I wouldnt mind having Butler ruin a few plays.
Kidd
Jet
Butler
Marion
Dirk
Haywood
Damp
TT ( he can be very effective)
Stevenson or Roddy
Old 02-14-2010, 12:59 PM   #331
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose View Post
Harris has been pedestrian this year, so I don't think we can blame Cuban much now. Probably could have gotten more talent back, but we did get a very solid PG that has been healthy since we picked him up.

I don't think this is Gasol-like because we didn't give up a spare for an all star, but it is definitely closer to it on paper than we've had in a while.
Yep. We didn't gasol anyone here, but it's pretty close to a one-sided deal talent-wise. I'd say on paper it's comparable to San Antonio trading Bowen, Oberto and Thomas for Jefferson, even though I clearly hope and believe that the outcome will be better for us than the Spurs.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:59 PM   #332
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
Honestly in the playoffs I wouldnt mind having Butler ruin a few plays.
Kidd
Jet
Butler
Marion
Dirk
Haywood
Damp
TT ( he can be very effective)
Stevenson or Roddy
We did bring Butler in to ruin a few plays, did we? I hope not.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:00 PM   #333
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

When Avery tells you not to go out and party on your birthday you better keep your ass at home. Vindication.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:12 PM   #334
mavsfan4lyfe201

mavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these partsmavsfan4lyfe201 is infamous around these parts

the kidd-harris trade was horrible at first and for about a year..but harris is proving to be injury prone..and im fine having the title hungry j-kidd

and this is no gasol type deal..but its closer than most deals to it..this was the best deal for the present and future
mavsfan4lyfe201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #335
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose View Post

Harris is looking pedestrian because he plays for a terrible team lol. Kidd, Jefferson and Vince all looked pedestrian on that same NETS team when they sucked as well.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #336
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Harris is looking pedestrian because he plays for a terrible team lol. Kidd, Jefferson and Vince all looked pedestrian on that same NETS team when they sucked as well.
Yes, Devin's having a bad year because his team sucks, and the suckage that is the Nets this year is no different from the suckage that was the Nets back when they were making the playoffs with Kidd.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #337
mavsfan2323

mavsfan2323 will become famous soon enoughmavsfan2323 will become famous soon enough

harris is playing better after coming back from his most recent injury, but i still wouldn't undo that trade. and i, for one, am on the love this trade side. i really think we can compete with anyone in the league if this group gels and gets to playing as a team by playoff time. really excited here

edit: can't wait for tuesday

Last edited by mavsfan2323; 02-14-2010 at 02:27 PM.
mavsfan2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #338
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder if we will address our homecourt pride situation.

At the very least I see this team becoming very motivated, more focused (with Josh gone) and more talented.

speaking of Harris-- bring back Del!

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-14-2010 at 02:32 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #339
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Howard used to be great at home. Those days are over as well as his time in Dallas. We'll see if Butler could bring what Howard did 3-4 years ago.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #340
mavsfan2323

mavsfan2323 will become famous soon enoughmavsfan2323 will become famous soon enough

live in OKC and just bought tickets to the first new look mavs game. i'm PUMPED!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #341
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

This is Dallas!

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:44 PM   #342
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

On topic, I'm pretty excited about this trade. I don't know that it's Gasol level, but to have addressed two needs with two quality players (even if we'll have to wait to see whether the fit with Caron is going to allow the team to get the most out of his talents) while maintaining full flexibility for the summer is damn fine work by the front office.

Two things that I'm going to be watching closely:
1) Damp's health. Dallas really needs to have two defensive bigs to battle with LA, Clevland, etc. Another issue is that if Damp can't go that means Dirk will be forced to play more center. While I fully expect there to be times when lineups with Dirk at the 5 will be advantageous for the Mavs, Dirk really needs some rest right now, and he won't be able to get that if he's having to cover for a center rotation that's been thinned by injuries.

2) The ability of Caron and Marion to play together at the 2/3. It goes without saying that either can play SF when the other goes to the bench, and I'm confident they'll make a fine 3/4 duo when Dirk sits or slides to the 5, but for this roster to really have a chance in the playoffs I think the lineups that have Caron/Marion/Dirk flanked by a pg and a center need to be strong options; starting and finishing options; game-turning options.
Old 02-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #343
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...021600752.html

Article that tells the story of Caron Butler. Great read

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 02:59 PM   #344
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Two things that I'm going to be watching closely:
1) Damp's health. Dallas really needs to have two defensive bigs to battle with LA, Clevland, etc. Another issue is that if Damp can't go that means Dirk will be forced to play more center. While I fully expect there to be times when lineups with Dirk at the 5 will be advantageous for the Mavs, Dirk really needs some rest right now, and he won't be able to get that if he's having to cover for a center rotation that's been thinned by injuries.
If they're as worried about Damp as we think, they will need to add another big man, right? Maybe a mobile center of some sort to be a match up player, rather than a regular member of the rotation. With two open roster spots and still having the TE, I'm curious to see what happens there.

Quote:
2) The ability of Caron and Marion to play together at the 2/3. It goes without saying that either can play SF when the other goes to the bench, and I'm confident they'll make a fine 3/4 duo when Dirk sits or slides to the 5, but for this roster to really have a chance in the playoffs I think the lineups that have Caron/Marion/Dirk flanked by a pg and a center need to be strong options; starting and finishing options; game-turning options.
Completely agree. I'm very eager to see this group hit the court so we can start getting answers to this.

I'm also very curious to see how Caron fits on this team and what happens to his offensive efficiency. He is, right now, the best second scoring option Dirk has ever played with. I'm very curious to see how that dynamic works and what effect it has on both players.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:07 PM   #345
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post

Other than health...this is now THE key to the season.
I think Butler's ball handling and passing should make for a much better fit than Josh/Marion

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #346
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Other than health...this is now THE key to the season.
I think Butler's ball handling and passing should make for a much better fit than Josh/Marion
I agree, however Josh was more capable of guarding most shooting guards.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 02-14-2010, 03:11 PM   #347
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Oh my god, I can't take the drama!
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #348
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...021600752.html

Article that tells the story of Caron Butler. Great read
Yes, this was a fabulous article. Read every word. I strongly encourage it to those who haven't read it (though I bet many have since it was on DB's front page).
Old 02-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #349
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I agree, however Josh was more capable of guarding most shooting guards.
#1 are you sure of that?

#2 I want Marion guarding the deadliest 2 guards anyway...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #350
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
#1 are you sure of that?

#2 I want Marion guarding the deadliest 2 guards anyway...
1. Yeah I feel pretty comfortable in saying that

2. That's true. What would concern me is a team that has a major offensive weapon at SF, and quick offensive weapon at SG. Denver comes to mind. I don't know how well Butler is going to keep up with JR Smith.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-14-2010, 03:29 PM   #351
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:

2. That's true. What would concern me is a team that has a major offensive weapon at SF, and quick offensive weapon at SG. Denver comes to mind. I don't know how well Butler is going to keep up with JR Smith.
Well, if everything else fails, we can go to Kidd. He's lost his quickness to keep up with fast point guards, but I beat he can keep up with the quick 2 guards just fine...we've seen it. Hell, we've seen him on Kobe and he wasn't totally abused...
Old 02-14-2010, 03:34 PM   #352
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Well, if everything else fails, we can go to Kidd. He's lost his quickness to keep up with fast point guards, but I beat he can keep up with the quick 2 guards just fine...we've seen it. Hell, we've seen him on Kobe and he wasn't totally abused...
True but then who does Caron guard? The PG?

I'm not saying it can't work, I'm just curious to see how it works.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-14-2010, 03:39 PM   #353
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish22 View Post
anyone who wants to get some insight into Butler as a man, MUST read this.

Old 02-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #354
tcat075
Diamond Member

Quote:
True but then who does Caron guard? The PG?

I'm not saying it can't work, I'm just curious to see how it works.
No, Haywood's going to guard the PG, duh.

So no, I didn't totally think this through. But we have several options to guard SG's, and I trust Carlisle to somehow juggle it all. And I think Butler can defend most SG's.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #355
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Good read and glad to see that Butler is a positive story after a troubled youth!!!

Hope he continues down this road and that others from where he grew up, past and present, will be inspired by him and make good choices.

Prayers for those who were victimized by those bad choices of his youth...like it or not, consumers in the drug trade are some type of victims and saddly, they turn to drugs and thus the dealers are simply opportunistic enablers who feed the negative system for a bit of cash.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:44 PM   #356
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

From the little I've read about Butler over in the last couple days, I think a motivated Caron will be fine guarding guys man up. Not all world, but no slouch either.

Agreed, but when "on", JR Smith can give anyone headaches. But how will Smith handle the much stronger Butler?

The Nuggets just got a lot more to think about...and that is good.

Old 02-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #357
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
And I think Butler can defend most SG's.
First off, most teams do not have dynamic scoring options at the 2 and 3...

like thiggy mentioned, Denver's 2/3 combo of Smith and Melo can be an exception...but Smith is insanely streaky.

Old 02-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #358
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
I would kinda hope so. How attached to it could Roddy be?

Old 02-14-2010, 03:53 PM   #359
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
I would kinda hope so. How attached to it could Roddy be?
Yeah but NBA rules dont allow it. Remember the whole JET/Marion 31 thing?

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #360
mavsfan2323

we have 5 current or former all stars and 2 future hall of famers on this team. that's pretty impressive. i just hope we use that talent correctly

Tags
grand larceny, iluvtags, now we like our team, thisthreadistoolong, urmomspenisistoolong, who's dinnie?