Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-05-2024, 10:48 AM   #321
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Would you trade Omax for Drummond straight up?
Old 02-05-2024, 10:54 AM   #322
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Would you trade Omax for Drummond straight up?
Definitely not. He isnt making us a contender and who knows how much he moves thr needle. Omax is still a kid. I'd want to know what he can do before deciding what hes worth. Drummond is a move we could make in the offseason.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 11:14 AM   #323
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Drummond could be had with much less than OMax.

On PJ Washington, I think we need to look at more of what he'd do in a Mavs uniform. Has to be hell to play for such a shit franchise year after year for one, and two, the guy can shoot. He's been as high as 39% on threes and would imagine the efficiency of those would go up as he wouldn't be shooting as many and the quality of looks better with Luka/Kyrie. The problem is that if you trade Green, it gets pretty thin on the wing, but if that's what it takes, we could roll with DJJ/Williams there if both are retained through the deadline.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 11:17 AM   #324
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Also, I'm preparing myself for a minor move or two, or none at all. I think the FO might be practicing some patience here, as if we hold on to that last FRP, then they would have 3 of them at their disposal to revamp the roster to set up for multiple runs and not just this year. I envision that happening with another coach, by the way, especially if they stand pat and continue to lose, which they will with the current construction.
Old 02-05-2024, 12:13 PM   #325
sig

sig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the roughsig is a jewel in the rough

would really like Bridges but he nada more than a rental since no Bird rights come with him. Pistons make a lot noise about him and have a ton of cap space next summer. He's from Flint and played for Sparty so I think odds he is a Piston next summer make a lot of sense. Go get stewart.
sig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 04:11 PM   #326
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Per Shams Pacers and Mavs are discussing a player for player type trade involving wiggins.

I cant express how much Id rather have someone else. As said before he gives me lamar odom vibes. Had about 1.5 good seasons with the warriors. no team is getting that from him imo
Old 02-05-2024, 04:24 PM   #327
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Drummond could be had with much less than OMax.

On PJ Washington, I think we need to look at more of what he'd do in a Mavs uniform. Has to be hell to play for such a shit franchise year after year for one, and two, the guy can shoot. He's been as high as 39% on threes and would imagine the efficiency of those would go up as he wouldn't be shooting as many and the quality of looks better with Luka/Kyrie. The problem is that if you trade Green, it gets pretty thin on the wing, but if that's what it takes, we could roll with DJJ/Williams there if both are retained through the deadline.

I honestly don't see how PJ helps this team.

He doesn't rebound or defend and if you want a guy who does basically the same thing then John Collins fits that mode.

But personally I think the mavs need to focus more on guys who can defend and also help with rebounding.

I'm tired of one trick ponies like THJ or Christian Wood types
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 04:26 PM   #328
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Per Shams Pacers and Mavs are discussing a player for player type trade involving wiggins.

I cant express how much Id rather have someone else. As said before he gives me lamar odom vibes. Had about 1.5 good seasons with the warriors. no team is getting that from him imo
Who is the player we trade?

I saw a Grant Williams for Bobby Portis rumor. I'm all about that one.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 04:28 PM   #329
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I honestly don't see how PJ helps this team.

He doesn't rebound or defend and if you want a guy who does basically the same thing then John Collins fits that mode.

But personally I think the mavs need to focus more on guys who can defend and also help with rebounding.

I'm tired of one trick ponies like THJ or Christian Wood types
He would immediately be the 3rd best rebounder on the team, and has the wingspan of a center, slightly behind Lively. Hes young, had 9 rebounds last night with 3 being offensive. Not sure where he cant rebound comes from. The mavs need size they are the second smallest team in the league.
Old 02-05-2024, 04:29 PM   #330
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Who is the player we trade?

I saw a Grant Williams for Bobby Portis rumor. I'm all about that one.
It wasnt specified in his tweet.

Hell yeah to Portis for Grant. Portis has dipped but any situation where Grant is gone is a positive.
Old 02-05-2024, 04:29 PM   #331
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I'd do that. He's bigger especially with the wingspan, can defend, can rebound (better than anyone not named luka and lively). Little more up and down than I'd like but thats why he's gettable. Put up 43 on the jazz, Green will never. Although Green's corner 3 has seemed to come along.
Are we talking about the same PJ?

Dude isn't much of a defender and rebounding is subpar.

I would rather keep Green as opposed to only getting PJ back in return.
Old 02-05-2024, 04:45 PM   #332
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Bigger problem with PJ is trying to figure out how good a player really is on a 10 win team.

And he's not really that good on that 10 win team.

Like, if he was putting up star numbers, then it would be more enticing.

Perhaps he is a minor upgrade over Green, but I can't see the Mavs trading Green in that type of deal. They're gonna think it's too lateral.

Old 02-05-2024, 05:09 PM   #333
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Bigger problem with PJ is trying to figure out how good a player really is on a 10 win team.

Perhaps he is a minor upgrade over Green, but I can't see the Mavs trading Green in that type of deal. They're gonna think it's too lateral.
Thats a good point.
Old 02-05-2024, 05:21 PM   #334
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Bobby Portis, OTH, is a great attitude, pure work ethic player. Rebounds well and shoots the 3 well. He will be an instant fan favorite if that happened.

I see that as more of a secondary move though as I believe he would be more of a 5 than 4.

Absolutely love that kinda move though.

Old 02-05-2024, 06:52 PM   #335
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bobby Portis, OTH, is a great attitude, pure work ethic player. Rebounds well and shoots the 3 well. He will be an instant fan favorite if that happened.

I see that as more of a secondary move though as I believe he would be more of a 5 than 4.

Absolutely love that kinda move though.
Would be very happy with Portis. Especially if it is Grant for Portis straight up.
Old 02-05-2024, 07:39 PM   #336
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Would be very happy with Portis. Especially if it is Grant for Portis straight up.
Fake insider says Mil wants Josh Green.

Even if that's bogus info, I believe that's the crux of any deadline move.

You want a decent player? You're giving up Green or Hardy.

Old 02-05-2024, 08:39 PM   #337
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:

I still believe Johnathan Issac would be a good cheap Pick up and worth taking a flyer on

He's terrific defensively and could play both the 4 and 5
Old 02-05-2024, 08:51 PM   #338
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I still believe Johnathan Issac would be a good cheap Pick up and worth taking a flyer on

He's terrific defensively and could play both the 4 and 5
Same. Bonus is he stands for what he believes in.

Old 02-06-2024, 01:04 PM   #339
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Jake Fischer: Dallas is definitely looking at power forwards and I?ve been told Dorian Finney-Smith no longer someone they?re considering there. I?ve been told Miles Bridges no longer someone they?re considering there, but Andrew Wiggins, PJ Washington, those are two names I?m confident in. ? via Spotify

Marc Stein: I reported that there have been some exploratory talks between the Bucks and the Mavericks that would have featured Bobby Portis in exchange for Grant Williams. After my story published, I subsequently heard that Milwaukee would not be willing to do that as a one for one exchange. ? via Spotify
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 01:48 PM   #340
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Jake Fischer: Dallas is definitely looking at power forwards and I?ve been told Dorian Finney-Smith no longer someone they?re considering there. I?ve been told Miles Bridges no longer someone they?re considering there, but Andrew Wiggins, PJ Washington, those are two names I?m confident in. ? via Spotify
Well you're only doing Wiggins if they attach more assets and take stuff we don't want.

And PJ likely means giving up Josh Green.

Don't see a deal to be made. Fans are going to be pissed, but they need to live in reality.

Old 02-06-2024, 02:07 PM   #341
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:

Marc Stein: I reported that there have been some exploratory talks between the Bucks and the Mavericks that would have featured Bobby Portis in exchange for Grant Williams. After my story published, I subsequently heard that Milwaukee would not be willing to do that as a one for one exchange. ? via Spotify

Phoenix is going to get a steal if they land bridges to that lineup
Old 02-06-2024, 03:19 PM   #342
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog prediction:

Mavs trade for P.J. Washington and send Grant Williams, Jaden Hardy, and a second round pick to Charlotte.

Just seems like a Mavs kind of move.

For the record, my predictions are less accurate than Punxsutawny Phil's (Phil is 30% accurate..so why do we care if he sees his shadow?).
Old 02-06-2024, 03:54 PM   #343
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
purplefrog prediction:

Mavs trade for P.J. Washington and send Grant Williams, Jaden Hardy, and a second round pick to Charlotte.

Just seems like a Mavs kind of move.

For the record, my predictions are less accurate than Punxsutawny Phil's (Phil is 30% accurate..so why do we care if he sees his shadow?).
I absolutely hate that rrade prediction.

Old 02-06-2024, 04:21 PM   #344
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

NBA Central: The New York Knicks reportedly rejected a trade offer from the Dallas Mavericks for Quentin Grimes, per @SbondyNBA (Via bit.ly/493poMt) pic.twitter.com/776uPiXJzU 5 mins ago ? via Twitter TheNBACentral
Old 02-06-2024, 04:42 PM   #345
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Quote:
NBA Central: The New York Knicks reportedly rejected a trade offer from the Dallas Mavericks for Quentin Grimes, per @SbondyNBA (Via bit.ly/493poMt) pic.twitter.com/776uPiXJzU 5 mins ago ? via Twitter TheNBACentral
The Knicks are rolling right now

I wouldn't mess up their chemistry if I was in the FO
Old 02-06-2024, 04:47 PM   #346
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Stein says we haven't talked to GS recently about Wiggins. So probably out on him.

Says our priorities are still Kuzma or Washington.

Old 02-06-2024, 07:00 PM   #347
BPo001
Diamond Member

Pistons big man Isaiah Stewart is another known target for the Mavericks, league sources told Yahoo Sports. Dallas was one of the teams to show interest in Orlando?s Wendell Carter as well, sources said, although the Magic aren?t looking to move him either. ? via Yahoo! Sports
Old 02-07-2024, 04:21 AM   #348
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why in the world would we be trading for a SG?
We have over a half dozen of them already with one of them being our second best player.
Kyrie/Hardaway/Green/Exum/Seth/Hardy/Lawson

That is the last position we should be addressing and Grimes isnt that much better than severl of the ones we have.
rimrocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 04:36 AM   #349
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well you're only doing Wiggins if they attach more assets and take stuff we don't want.

And PJ likely means giving up Josh Green.

Don't see a deal to be made. Fans are going to be pissed, but they need to live in reality.
Will only be pissed if we dont add another player with size to the roster.

Think about it....we have only 3 guys over 6'9 on the roster.
One of them has missed over half the season, another is a rookie, and the other is Powell.

If Nico doesnt find a way to add another legit sized center, they'll regret it big time and we'll suffer the same fate as last season.

It is beyond insanity to not address our lack of size problem.

Last edited by rimrocker; 02-07-2024 at 04:38 AM.
Old 02-07-2024, 07:44 AM   #350
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Will only be pissed if we dont add another player with size to the roster.

Think about it....we have only 3 guys over 6'9 on the roster.
One of them has missed over half the season, another is a rookie, and the other is Powell.

If Nico doesnt find a way to add another legit sized center, they'll regret it big time and we'll suffer the same fate as last season.

It is beyond insanity to not address our lack of size problem.
Drummond!!!!!

Old 02-07-2024, 08:53 AM   #351
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Why in the world would we be trading for a SG?
We have over a half dozen of them already with one of them being our second best player.
Kyrie/Hardaway/Green/Exum/Seth/Hardy/Lawson

That is the last position we should be addressing and Grimes isnt that much better than severl of the ones we have.
IF they actually went for Grimes, its a Mavs type "wtf for" move. They dont see DP and Maxi as a part of thr problem apparently.

Old 02-07-2024, 10:58 AM   #352
saclare
Platinum Member

Kuzma -- likely requires the 1st rounder, so least likely to me

Washington, Stewart, Drummond -- I think we will land one of these three as it can be done without the 1st rounder

I also think they'll be really hesitant to part with Green. He's obviously playing well and if he can keep it up, makes the contract a bargain. He's also our only wing I have confidence in since DJJ has fallen back down to earth and Williams cannot be trusted at the moment, and is likely dealt in any move.

Last edited by saclare; 02-07-2024 at 10:58 AM.
Old 02-07-2024, 11:40 AM   #353
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:

Washington, Stewart, Drummond -- I think we will land one of these three as it can be done without the 1st rounder

I also think they'll be really hesitant to part with Green. He's obviously playing well and if he can keep it up, makes the contract a bargain. He's also our only wing I have confidence in since DJJ has fallen back down to earth and Williams cannot be trusted at the moment, and is likely dealt in any move.
With Exum continuously out, Green is probably our best 2-way player.
It would have to be an enormous upgrade to part with Green.
I don't see Washington, Stewart and Drummond as significant enough to give up Green unless there are other assets involved.
Old 02-07-2024, 11:42 AM   #354
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:

Report from Stein is Hawks want 2 firsts for Murray and Wash wants 2 firsts for Kuzma and would be better off waiting til the summer. That would benefit us as well since we'll have more draft capital.

Green is the do-it-all player that we thought Grant would be...although Grant isn't as bad as people think.

Mavs aren't trading Green.

Old 02-07-2024, 11:59 AM   #355
Melonhead
Guru

After the week Josh Green has had, I dont think you can trade him anymore unless its a huge upgrade.

THJ Hardy Grant for a Drummond Isaiah Stewart or PJ Washington.
Old 02-07-2024, 12:03 PM   #356
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Stein says Hornets want Green AND a first. So that ain't happening.

So it looks more like a Stewart, Drummond, Boucher type of move. Or none at all.

Old 02-07-2024, 12:31 PM   #357
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Stein says Hornets want Green AND a first. So that ain't happening.

So it looks more like a Stewart, Drummond, Boucher type of move. Or none at all.
LMAO yeah hard pass on PJ Washington then. Wonder if Gafford or Portis is still on the radar. Rumor was they wanted more than a swap on Portis
Old 02-07-2024, 01:14 PM   #358
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:

Green has been playing great. At least in the last 4 games, 18ppg.

He had a big moment last night vs Nets. He had 2 tough posessions where Luka was doubled and he cut to the paint and DP crowded the space leading to a turnover. Another posession before that Green got caught up not knowing what to do in the paint. However, immediately followed that up with a decisive open 3 and drained it.

That was huge because teams are going to dbl Luka and if he wants to stay onnthe floor in those important moments, they have to trust him to make the right play. You cant get that experience by watching, you have to be out there even if you fail a time or two.

The Green doesnt play well with Luka theme is fading.

Last edited by SMC0007; 02-07-2024 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-07-2024, 01:26 PM   #359
SMC0007
Guru

I wonder what Utah wants for Kelly Olynk. I'd happily toss them THJ, or any one of our back up bigs and some change.

Old 02-07-2024, 01:40 PM   #360
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
The Green doesnt play well with Luka theme is fading.
And that's it right there. If Green kept playing poorly with Luka, then it's bye bye time.

Instead, he is looking really good as another ball handler. Not dissimilar from Exum. Seems like guys in this position are destined to flourish next to Luka and Kyrie.