Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-21-2009, 10:52 PM   #321
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
I was right there with you both.
That's right. I didn't omit you on purpose, so my apologies.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2009, 10:53 PM   #322
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I see a third option- change almost nothing, hire a new coach and blame all the inherent failures on the last guy.
Considering our coaching staff so far, I'd take that over doing nothing.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #323
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
You have to an idiot to think Dirk and Jet are just colleagues...Jet is the one player that is the closest to Dirk on the team. Jet is the one guy who Dirk trusts and have been there for a while with Dirk, plus Jets personality fits well with Dirk...Like I said, you trade Jet, you give EVERY incentive for Dirk to leave unless you bring in a Kobe type player, but there is no way to get that type of player here. Jet and Dirk are close, so you took Nash away first, then Finley, then Jet? And you have nothing left for Dirk.
Sorry dude. It's been written over and over that Dirk does not have personal relationships with anyone on the Mavs except some of the staff, like the equipment manager.

Dirk and Jet have a good professional relationship and that's it.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #324
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Sorry dude. It's been written over and over that Dirk does not have personal relationships with anyone on the Mavs except some of the staff, like the equipment manager.

Dirk and Jet have a good professional relationship and that's it.
Whatever. You're just not an adult. You wouldn't understand.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:55 PM   #325
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

I kind of think that if Dirk were to sign a FA contract with the Suns tomorrow I would..... Naaahhhh, nevermind.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:56 PM   #326
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
You have absolutely no idea what I do, and that you'd have the audacity to act as though you do is beyond ridiculous.

But--and you can trust not only me, but various other posters on this board about this--I guarantee I've been part of a more sophisticated and "war-like" adult work environment than you ever have, and I'm more than capable of knowing how "adults" make their decisions. And that is to say, adults in real professions (which I highly doubt you are one of) don't base their long-term career decisions on what their colleagues are doing. They base their decisions on themselves and their families. Period.
Son, you stated your friends in college. So dont try to twist it into your past. You are still in college. No, you have not been in an adult work environment more sophisticated than me, nor do I work for anyone any longer. You can write that down right now. You are still a kid trying to get into the real world. I also would guarantee you have not played team sports past high school. Reason being is that you dont know what team chemistry is, because if you do, then you would realize in the 6 or 7years Dirk and Jet have been together they are more than just associate. Dirk has a team option after next season, and you best believe that having players around you that you trust and like is a big factor in your decision-making, and especially when you are single. Not to say that is the biggest reason, but you damn sure should believe it plays a big part..
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:57 PM   #327
LonghornDub

Quote:
Son, you stated your friends in college. So dont try to twist it into your past. You are still in college.
I'm not in college, dumb ass. Try again.

Besides, even if I was a sophomore in high school (which would put me at about your level of reading comprehension and writing ability), I'm quite sure that it'd be abundantly clear to me that adults like Dirk don't let work friends dictate their career decisions.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:58 PM   #328
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I see a third option- change almost nothing, hire a new coach and blame all the inherent failures on the last guy.
LOL!!! Kinda like what we did this year
Old 01-21-2009, 10:58 PM   #329
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Howard should have been traded over the summer. I think with each passing game he lessens his value. I can't imagine any team watching film on him lately thinking that that is the player they need. I'm so done with him.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #330
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
must be your perception. He's been that way on offense his entire career. His effort used to be there on defense, though.
he used to crash the boards and get offensive putbacks. he's been above that sort of thing since he became an "all-star".
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #331
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

To even think about trading JET at this point is the ultimate sign of desperation. He's a well-liked guy who is playing some of the best basketball of his career. Also, his contract is long but reasonable. Josh should be on top of the list when it comes to making changes.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #332
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I'm panicking guys, CALM ME DOWN.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:00 PM   #333
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Game over man!

Old 01-21-2009, 11:01 PM   #334
LonghornDub

Quote:
This too shall pass.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:01 PM   #335
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about. They are colleagues, and they are friends. But they are not married, and they are not lifelong brothers or something like that.

I have a lot of friends at school and at the places I've worked. Good friends, even. I don't base whether I'm going to stay in school or at a particular job on whether those friends will be there. Only a fool who isn't a grown man would do such a thing.
Go ahead and change this post, so you can say you did not say it...You HAVE alot of friends at school.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:02 PM   #336
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Quote:
**((SMACK))** "Snap the fVck out of it!!"
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:02 PM   #337
LonghornDub

Quote:
Go ahead and change this post, so you can say you did not say it...You HAVE alot of friends at school.
So if I'm in "school," I must be in college?

You are incredibly obtuse. Of course, it's not surprising that you don't understand the higher education system.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-21-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:03 PM   #338
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I guess panic isn't the word, but my soul is bothered.

I dunno why I invest so much emotion, at the end of hte day it's just millionaire strangers putting a ball in the hoop... but given the events of the past few years the emotional investment has grown stronger and stronger... and now I feel empty, hurt

K, bein a little emo right now
Old 01-21-2009, 11:06 PM   #339
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
I'm not in college, dumb ass. Try again.

Besides, even if I was a sophomore in high school (which would put me at about your level of reading comprehension and writing ability), I'm quite sure that it'd be abundantly clear to me that adults like Dirk don't let work friends dictate their career decisions.
Call it reading comprehension or whatever you like, lil man, but you are still a kid and still in college, and I have worked my way up the corporate ladder and now work for myself. You cant change those facts no matter how hard you try to lie about your age, change/edit your posts, critique posts, or spell check the posts. The facts dont lie
Old 01-21-2009, 11:06 PM   #340
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

CreditXpert, you just don't get it.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:07 PM   #341
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ha-Ha!!
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:08 PM   #342
LonghornDub

Quote:
Call it reading comprehension or whatever you like, lil man, but you are still a kid and still in college, and I have worked my way up the corporate ladder and now work for myself. You cant change those facts no matter how hard you try to lie about your age, change/edit your posts, critique posts, or spell check the posts. The facts dont lie
Except I'm not still in college, at all. And yes, I'm still in school. But how can that be?! I'm sure it's quite bewildering to you, just as it's quite bewildering that a mature and intelligent adult such as Dirk isn't going to sew his hip to Jason Terry for the rest of their careers.

By the way, I get a real kick out of your paranoia about people editing their posts when you aren't intelligent enough to understand something they've said.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:08 PM   #343
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Where is "Mavs2009Champs" I haven't seen him post here in a while...I haven't seen alot of things in a while I don't know what to think anymore
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:09 PM   #344
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
So if I'm in "school," I must be in college?

You are incredibly obtuse. Of course, it's not surprising that you don't understand the higher education system.
I will pretend you have never talked about UT-Austin Come on Kid, you can do better than that. Nothing wrong with still being in school to get your Masters. I applaud you on that effort. I wanted to get my Masters many years ago, but I just did not have the time or effort to do it, plus there is no need for it. I dont work for anyone
Old 01-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #345
LonghornDub

Quote:
I will pretend you have never talked about UT-Austin Come on Kid, you can do better than that. Nothing wrong with still being in school to get your Masters. I applaud you on that effort. I wanted to get my Masters many years ago, but I just did not have the time or effort to do it, plus there is no need for it. I dont work for anyone
You just keep on guessing. You are squirming all over the place.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:13 PM   #346
ghazi
Platinum Member

Oh see what the state of hte Mavs does to us... we're fighting
Old 01-21-2009, 11:14 PM   #347
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Except I'm not still in college, at all. And yes, I'm still in school. But how can that be?! I'm sure it's quite bewildering to you, just as it's quite bewildering that a mature and intelligent adult such as Dirk isn't going to sew his hip to Jason Terry for the rest of their careers.

By the way, I get a real kick out of your paranoia about people editing their posts when you aren't intelligent enough to understand something they've said.
Good try on twisting it to say that I said that Dirk decision to stay or go is based on Jet alone..Never said that. There are many, many reasons for Dirk to go, and I would bet more than we can count or want to know, so you can best believe that Jet is one of the reasons he still wants to make it here. Include Nash, Finley, losing Nellie, treatment from Avery and etc ALL in the past with reasons to leave the Mavs. I would include mental fatigue as well with the Mavs too.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:17 PM   #348
LonghornDub

You got me, Silk. I'm just twisting around everything you say and retroactively editing my posts, trying to deceive the message board into thinking that you're a completely unintelligible twit.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:18 PM   #349
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:18 PM   #350
LonghornDub

Yeah, I'm done with this moron. Sorry alby, thig, all (even you ghazi). He brings out the worst in me.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 01-21-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:19 PM   #351
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Oh see what the state of hte Mavs does to us... we're fighting
Denial sets in, and only thing left for many here is name calling and personal attacks if they dont agree with you. If you talk about trading Dirk, firing Carlisle or defending Jet you will be attacked. Period!!!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:22 PM   #352
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I'm done with this moron. Sorry alby, thig, all (even you ghazi). He brings out the worst in me.
You do it to yourself, every time you claim to know it all. You will eventually learn in life that your opinion is just yours, and you dont have to try to prove others opinions wrong whenever you dont agree with it. Move on, if I believe Jet leaving is the last straw for Dirk, then thats what I believe. If you dont believe so, then so be it...
Old 01-21-2009, 11:26 PM   #353
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

How does Silk have so many green boxes? It is funny how he says he is this accomplished professional yet presents himself as a know it all adolescent. I cannot see how LonhornDub's current educational status has anything to do with the Dallas Mavericks. Pointless argument.

Anyways... I am very very glad I did not watch this game. I was busy watching Lost thankfully. It performed much better.

edit: wow, nba.com title for the game review is "Bucks Run Past Mavericks in Laugher". Ouch

Last edited by Robillion; 01-21-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:30 PM   #354
SlimBig
Golden Member

SlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really niceSlimBig is just really nice

Well, at least Devin got absolutely abused by Chris Paul an only score 6 pts tonight.

This team hurts.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:31 PM   #355
LonghornDub

Quote:
You do it to yourself, every time you claim to know it all. You will eventually learn in life that your opinion is just yours, and you dont have to try to prove others opinions wrong whenever you dont agree with it. Move on, if I believe Jet leaving is the last straw for Dirk, then thats what I believe. If you dont believe so, then so be it...
Again, just because someone knows more than you (and is quite aware of that fact) doesn't mean they think they know it all. Is thig a know-it-all too? Because he also corrected you on your mistaken assumption that Dirk and Terry were "good friends." They are colleagues and work buddies--nothing more.

There are people on this board who know a lot of things I don't, whose insight is what keeps me coming back here. There are people on this board who are just as educated as I am. You are not one of them.

Congratulations on failing to get your Master's and owning your own business, though. I'm so wowed.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:32 PM   #356
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
How does Silk have so many green boxes? It is funny how he says he is this accomplished professional yet presents himself as a know it all adolescent. I cannot see how LonhornDub's current educational status has anything to do with the Dallas Mavericks. Pointless argument.

Anyways... I am very very glad I did not watch this game. I was busy watching Lost thankfully. It performed much better.
Take time to read. He talked about being in school, then denied it on the next post, so I stuck to it, like he stuck to jumping in on my opinion of Dirk and Jet..There is a reason I have this many green boxes while seemingly disagreeing with the status quo!!!!!!!!! I say the things people want to say, but dont because of the personal attacks from the usual suspects of Mr.KnowItAlls who post 10K+ posts in 7-8months and run behind the computer and rep points. I dont mind speaking my mind and being "REAL". Thats "Real Talk"...Just like you choose to give me negative rep a few minutes ago, and I negative repped you back!!! Deal with it!!!!

Just put me on ignore, and move on. If you dont, then I guarantee if you are a homer, I will make you mad, because I will say it like it is..
Old 01-21-2009, 11:36 PM   #357
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

You say it like it is -- in your alternate universe, that is.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:37 PM   #358
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Again, just because someone knows more than you (and is quite aware of that fact) doesn't mean they think they know it all. Is thig a know-it-all too? Because he also corrected you on your mistaken assumption that Dirk and Terry were "good friends." They are colleagues and work buddies--nothing more.

There are people on this board who know a lot of things I don't, whose insight is what keeps me coming back here. There are people on this board who are just as educated as I am. You are not one of them.

Congratulations on failing to get your Master's and owning your own business, though. I'm so wowed.
If you call failing, me not wanting to get my Master's, then you have more growing up to do than I thought. Lastly, you can't correct an opinion that you cant disprove. It is an opinion, all you can do is offer your opinion. Just like I did when Thig said something about trading Jet. I offered my opinion on why you keep Jet. Nothing wrong with what he said or what I said. Problem is when you call me out my name because you dont agree. See the difference? Probably dont, you too busy spell checking my posts!!!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:38 PM   #359
Silk Smoov
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
You say it like it is -- in your alternate universe, that is.
Mr.Moderator you should be above what you are doing in your last two posts. What you think?
Old 01-21-2009, 11:48 PM   #360
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

Quote:
Mr.Moderator you should be above what you are doing in your last two posts. What you think?
What I think?

What I think is that you are annoying. You throw stupid crap out there in a desperate plea for attention, and then when somebody takes the bait you derail the thread.

Also, you use emoticons too much and don't understand when it's time to update your signature.

Tags
more childish as i age, silkxpertbasketballguru, smoov derailing