Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-19-2010, 07:21 PM   #321
DLord

DLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
What about Tim Thomas? Anyone knows if he will continue his career? If so, at the Mavs? I hope yes...
I talked to Donnie about TT early in May. I don't know the exact medical issues (it's reportedly something medically serious pertaining to his wife, but further Q&A is an off-limits topic due to privacy laws) but the Mavs' feelings are more "concern" than hassle or disappointment with him.

From talking with Donnie, I was left with the sense that the Mavs would certainly explore bringing him back if the underlying problem was resolved, but they can only wait and see if it does and have no sense of where things are going ...and there's not even a timetable available when something may be known or resolved. It's the uncertainty of real life. And it's a big enough calamity where it's very possible he may never play again.

I'm sure that for those of you with the disposition, TT and his family could use your prayers on an ongoing basis.
DLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #322
greensborohill

greensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Yeah, generic dumb Mavs fans like Tracy McGrady, Phil Jackson, Rasheed Wallace and Bill Simmons.

Dirk's pass to Damp and shot over Shaq in Game 5 were two of the most clutch plays you will ever see in an NBA Finals game ever.

But of course he choked when he fouled Wade's forearm with his chest:

Do you recall how much time was left on the clock when that happened?
Old 05-20-2010, 09:01 AM   #323
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensborohill View Post
Do you recall how much time was left on the clock when that happened?
25 seconds?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:17 AM   #324
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Yeah, generic dumb Mavs fans like Tracy McGrady, Phil Jackson, Rasheed Wallace and Bill Simmons.

Dirk's pass to Damp and shot over Shaq in Game 5 were two of the most clutch plays you will ever see in an NBA Finals game ever.

But of course he choked when he fouled Wade's forearm with his chest:

This one says everything about how that series went. The only way you have the balls to run down the court and simultaneously throw yourself into the opposing player and flop in the other direction is if you know you are going to get a call. On the other hand, Dirk is doing everything he can to get out of the way rather than defend.

It really burns me up when people talk about "aggressive play" versus "non-aggressive play" as if the refs can't influence that.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #325
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

How can you guys watch this video^ and not see Dirks LEFT arm reaching in for the ball? That is a foul!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #326
greensborohill

greensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
How can you guys watch this video^ and not see Dirks LEFT arm reaching in for the ball? That is a foul!
25 seconds left

inconsequential contact and a repeat of the same situation from a previous game in the series.

That's a no call situation at worst
Old 05-20-2010, 10:36 AM   #327
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensborohill View Post
That's a no call situation at worst

No, an offensive foul. You can clearly see the Diva pushing off Dirk with his arm.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 05-20-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #328
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
No, an offensive foul. You can clearly see the Diva pushing off Dirk with his arm.
That is insane man. Flat out insane. You telling me that Dirks arm isn't all the way across Wades body? He was elbow deep on a reach in.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:08 AM   #329
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Dirk's not reaching in. He's turning. In an entirely passive, non-NBA like manner, he's absorbing Wades contact with his side. Wade throws his shoulder into Dirk's armpit. There's no way Dirk's arm wouldn't be across Wade's body.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 05-20-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:20 AM   #330
SMC0007
Guru

bahahaha

I guess if you are incapable of processing what you are looking at, you could see it that way.

Or you have a pair of theses:

Old 05-20-2010, 11:26 AM   #331
ItGetzReal

ItGetzReal will become famous soon enoughItGetzReal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
bahahaha

I guess if you are incapable of processing what you are looking at, you could see it that way.

Nice shades! I think it could go either way really. It doesn't look like dirk was fouling to me, but more like a slow to get out of the way and got called for a foul. Wade did a little flopping too though. He has driven into bigger players before and haven't been moved as much.
ItGetzReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:31 AM   #332
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
bahahaha

The league is corrupt and the finals were rigged. That's not rosy.

For contrast, look at the elbows to Dirk's head and the jersey pull on Terry's jumper. If you don't see a difference, then you've got the problem.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:54 AM   #333
SMC0007
Guru

I am strictly talking about this one clip. I agree that the finals in general were officiated/refereed horribly. But this one clip is a bad example. It's extremely hard to miss Dirks arm reaching in and going across Wades body. You want that call when it's Dirk. Is it really that hard to let your eyes see that play for what it is?

What happened to us is sucky, but if you took this particular video to Stern or any unbiased viewer and said "see look at what happens to us, this is an example of happened the whole series!" They would fire that tape across the room.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #334
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Quote:
I am strictly talking about this one clip.
That contact more often was called against the Mavs than against the Heat. The clip cannot exist in isolation.

Further, my point was that Wade's aggressive offense (going right at Dirk here) and Dirk's passive defense (weakly turning or weakly reaching or whatever you think you see) were set by this point by the referees.

Wade does not accelerate into Dirk here if he thinks can't get the call on contact. Dirk performs more traditional "body up" defense if he thinks that it will be allowed.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:28 PM   #335
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is insane man. Flat out insane. You telling me that Dirks arm isn't all the way across Wades body? He was elbow deep on a reach in.
Are you kidding me? Dirk stops dead in his tracks while The Diva is going the opposite way, throws his forearm out (which then causes Dirks arm to be where it shouldn't) , and thrusts into Dirk's chest (Dirk overreacts but not much). I think Wade pushing off of Dirk is a call that should of been made over Dirks arm brushing Wade.

And I just noticed JET is the point guard with that lineup in that clip. Jet/Stack/Josh/Dirk/Damp. wtf?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy

Last edited by Rick41; 05-20-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:34 PM   #336
ItGetzReal

ItGetzReal will become famous soon enoughItGetzReal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Are you kidding me? Dirk stops dead in his tracks while The Diva is going the opposite way, throws his forearm out (which then causes Dirks arm to be where it shouldn't) , and thrusts into Dirk's chest (Dirk overreacts but not much). I think Wade pushing off of Dirk is a call that should of been made over Dirks arm brushing Wade.

And I just noticed JET is the point guard with that lineup in that clip. Jet/Stack/Josh/Dirk/Damp. wtf?
Whats wrong with jet at the point? He and dirk are always in pick and roll plays anyways.

Last edited by ItGetzReal; 05-20-2010 at 01:34 PM.
ItGetzReal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:23 PM   #337
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

JET was the point guard for most of that season, if i recall correctly.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:35 PM   #338
Mavericks Rockets Fan

Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
From Chad Ford's mock draft:

2. Philadelphia - Evan Turner

Position: SG
Height: 6-7
Weight: 205
School: Ohio State
Analysis: Turner wouldn't be a perfect fit in Philadelphia. He would duplicate, to a degree, what Andre Iguodala and starting point guard-to-be Jrue Holiday bring to the table. But I think that the Sixers will take Turner anyway.

He was the best player in college basketball, can play three positions on the floor and is ready to contribute right now. The 76ers will figure out how to get all three players on the floor or finally pull the trigger on an Andre Iguodala trade.

I still say our best, most realistic option is to trade for Iguodala. Frankly I see this happening as LeBron and Wade are extreme long shots...
Old 05-20-2010, 03:47 PM   #339
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You seriously believe Dirk was trying to strip the ball with his left hand? After being called for doing absolutely nothing at the end of Game 5?

Wade is running straight at Dirk. Dirk's arm is in a natural defensive position (well, as natural as one can be while being tentative) until Wade slams into it, causing it to straighten. All contact is initiated by Wade, including the immaculate forearm that can do no wrong.

Keep in mind that the shot clock was running out. Notice Wade is not even thinking about taking a shot or even driving to the rim. His entire focus is simply to bulldoze over somebody, knowing he would be gifted two more freebies.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #340
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

If interesting for someone: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...s_this_summer/
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #341
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
From Chad Ford's mock draft:

2. Philadelphia - Evan Turner

Position: SG
Height: 6-7
Weight: 205
School: Ohio State
Analysis: Turner wouldn't be a perfect fit in Philadelphia. He would duplicate, to a degree, what Andre Iguodala and starting point guard-to-be Jrue Holiday bring to the table. But I think that the Sixers will take Turner anyway.

He was the best player in college basketball, can play three positions on the floor and is ready to contribute right now. The 76ers will figure out how to get all three players on the floor or finally pull the trigger on an Andre Iguodala trade.

I still say our best, most realistic option is to trade for Iguodala. Frankly I see this happening as LeBron and Wade are extreme long shots...
Would be nice to get with the Damp chip. Makes us rely less on Jet, which is a plus.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #342
SMC0007
Guru

Holy Corn....

Old 05-20-2010, 04:53 PM   #343
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
So much for the Calathes/Beaubois era...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #344
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Would be nice to get with the Damp chip. Makes us rely less on Jet, which is a plus.
Getting Iggy without giving anything up is a hell of a Plan B in my opinion, especially since it would allow Butler to play his natural position at the 3.

If you add Iggy to our current roster, we'd look pretty darn good - Marion, JET and Roddy would make a killer bench (although we'd still need better than Damp at the 5 to be considered top-tier...)

Kidd/Roddy
Iggy/JET
Butler/Marion
Dirk/Marion
Haywood/Damp

Like I said, not a bad Plan B.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-20-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:18 PM   #345
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Seeing how the Lakers are running threw everybody I would love to see how the Lakers would have did vs. the Mavs, the Lakers probably would have still beat the Mavs but I think the Mavs would have put up a better fight than the Suns and Jazz, out of all the teams in the west the Mavs matched up very well with the Lakers....Lakers fans need to thank the Basketball Gods and Stern that the Lakers where able to play the Thunder, Jazz and Suns and not the Nuggets, Spurs and Mavs.

Last edited by Thomas86; 05-20-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #346
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Getting Iggy without giving anything up is a hell of a Plan B in my opinion, especially since it would allow Butler to play his natural position at the 3.

If you add Iggy to our current roster, we'd look pretty darn good - Marion, JET and Roddy would make a killer bench (although we'd still need better than Damp at the 5 to be considered top-tier...)

Kidd/Roddy
Iggy/JET
Butler/Marion
Dirk/Marion
Haywood/Damp

I'd kick the tires on Gortat, hope for a sweep. Orlando's going to be looking to unload money, Gortat is an excess.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #347
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

http://money.cnn.com/video/news/2010...source=cnn_bin
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:11 AM   #348
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

I think Calathes is gonna be really good for us when he comes over. He's backing up a guy who's practically a living legend in Greece right now and might get his minutes next season, for one of the top clubs in Europe. He's only gonna be 24 when his commitment ends.

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 03:48 AM   #349
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Seeing how the Lakers are running threw everybody I would love to see how the Lakers would have did vs. the Mavs, the Lakers probably would have still beat the Mavs but I think the Mavs would have put up a better fight than the Suns and Jazz, out of all the teams in the west the Mavs matched up very well with the Lakers....Lakers fans need to thank the Basketball Gods and Stern that the Lakers where able to play the Thunder, Jazz and Suns and not the Nuggets, Spurs and Mavs.
I see where you're coming from, but I don't agree. The Lakers are just in a class by themselves as far as the western conference is concerned, and I think they would tear through the Spurs, Nuggets, and yes the Mavs, like kleenex.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:31 AM   #350
41N

41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light41N is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Kidd/Roddy
Iggy/JET
Butler/Marion
Dirk/Marion
Haywood/Damp

iggy isn't a shooting guard. you can ask every 76er fan out there, they tried it several times in his six years. cb4 didn't work here and you guys learnt nothing from it...
but i would love to see our ridiculous three-sf's-lineup kidd/iggy/butler/marion/woody...
cya 41N
41N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:19 PM   #351
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

I don't think the following roster -

Kidd/Roddy
Iggy/JET
Butler/Marion
Dirk/Marion
Haywood/Damp

is still enough to compete with the Lakers. We still need a big man who can play the Odom role and come off the bench to score and rebound. Marion/Damp as our backup SF, PF, and C is just not good enough to beat them IMO.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #352
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrav4 View Post
I don't think the following roster -

Kidd/Roddy
Iggy/JET
Butler/Marion
Dirk/Marion
Haywood/Damp

is still enough to compete with the Lakers. We still need a big man who can play the Odom role and come off the bench to score and rebound. Marion/Damp as our backup SF, PF, and C is just not good enough to beat them IMO.
Agreed.

Kidd/Roddy
Iggy/JET
Butler/Marion
Dirk/Marion
Haywood/Gortat?

Old 05-21-2010, 08:55 PM   #353
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I still think and like the idea of getting Gooden back in the fold can help on multiple levels. If you do that and can have someone rotate and play some back-up 3 minutes, you'll have a much more talented and flexible bench. It might even work with the idea of Gortat and have Gooden handle the back-up 4 spot.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #354
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I still think and like the idea of getting Gooden back in the fold can help on multiple levels. If you do that and can have someone rotate and play some back-up 3 minutes, you'll have a much more talented and flexible bench. It might even work with the idea of Gortat and have Gooden handle the back-up 4 spot.
Oh, hell yeah!

Gooden is definitely better than Najera...

Old 05-21-2010, 09:21 PM   #355
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Even if you don't ship Eddie out, it still gives you depth and a good change of pace player. It doesn't necessarily bolster the front line but the depth can be vital.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:28 PM   #356
Underdog

Quote:
Even if you don't ship Eddie out, it still gives you depth and a good change of pace player. It doesn't necessarily bolster the front line but the depth can be vital.
Not talking about trades, just spots in the rotation...

Kidd/Roddy
Iggy/JET
Butler/Marion
Dirk/Gooden
Haywood/Gortat

Offseason, Plan B.

(even though LeBRon is coming here)

Last edited by Underdog; 05-21-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #357
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Not talking about trades, just spots in the rotation...

Kidd/Roddy
Iggy/JET
Butler/Marion
Dirk/Gooden
Haywood/Gortat

Offseason, Plan B.

(even though LeBRon is coming here)
Yeah, yeah...I was just taking it a step further since we're in brainstorming mode and Najera has proven to be an asset on the court.

I DID like the edit. I know we're kind of setting ourselves up for potential disappointment, but as each day passes it just seems more and more promising with the thought The King will reside in Dallas.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:11 AM   #358
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, yeah...I was just taking it a step further since we're in brainstorming mode and Najera has proven to be an asset on the court.

I DID like the edit. I know we're kind of setting ourselves up for potential disappointment, but as each day passes it just seems more and more promising with the thought The King will reside in Dallas.
if yahyes says he's coming, he's coming
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:45 AM   #359
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Has everyone already seen the Mavs 2009-2010 Blooper Reel? It's pretty hilarious. Dirk as a bully at 0:10 and Followill's reaction to it made me cry...

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/video/originals/

Last edited by dalger; 05-27-2010 at 10:45 AM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:42 AM   #360
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
Has everyone already seen the Mavs 2009-2010 Blooper Reel? It's pretty hilarious. Dirk as a bully at 0:10 and Followill's reaction to it made me cry...

http://www.nba.com/mavericks/video/originals/
Dirk! hahahaha
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 6feetunderdog, ban cad, big thread kill board, cad is a troll, cadbane=vagina dentana, cadpain in the ass, fell=fail, fluid guzzler!, fluidfartyone!, gay tags, grandma cigarettes, it's a race no running!?!, mammoth gortat, mammoth knockers, mammoth thread, miami cheat, more bloody cuntbane, shut the fluff up, smc = sucks many c*cks, then stop posting in it, underdog=legallyretarded, we luv us sum fluffy, where is fluffy?, wtf is fell?...