Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-01-2006, 10:04 PM   #321
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Damp interview. Let's grade him.

He look sharp, got rid of the bowtie.

Nice to hear harp ask dampier talk about dirk's carrying the team. He also said that during the tip out in game 3 he couldn't believe he missed the layup.

Nice stuff.

I give him a C+...Big step up..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 05-01-2006 at 10:04 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2006, 10:04 PM   #322
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

"If they continue to play that same way, they're going to be around for a long time in the NBA playoffs this season," Fratello says.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:04 PM   #323
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose
Did you see Dampier sweeping the court? HAHAH LOVE IT!
That was great! He actually has a very nice smile. Somewhere, deep down, that guy does have a personality, and he let it show tonight!

I am soooooo happy for the win and the sweep, but that game was a bit anticlimatic for me. I was hoping it would be a bit closer so I could really get into it. I'm not complaining though. It was nice to see the Mavs dominate. Now we get a bit of rest and we can watch all these other teams rip each other apart. Who woulda thunk it? The Mavs going 4-0 with very little resistance, and the Spurs in a dogfight with the number 8 seed. Good stuff for sure.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:06 PM   #324
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Destiny...?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:07 PM   #325
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice new avatar raeffy...

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:07 PM   #326
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Didn't even watch teh 4th quarter of this mercy kill
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:09 PM   #327
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe that Dirk has 33 straight games with 20 or more points... I don't know that anyone else has more than a handful...

I believe the closest is Iverson with 12 or 13.

Last edited by Murphy3; 05-01-2006 at 10:14 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:10 PM   #328
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Postgame live feed is up. Just finished wiht Gasol...man that's tough being the top dog and coming out.

Dirk coming up next.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-01-2006, 10:11 PM   #329
dude1394
Guru

Dirk up and he's out of his sweats.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:13 PM   #330
dude1394
Guru

Just called stack one of the "older players" who need the extra rest.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:16 PM   #331
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Dirty (n Griff) 4

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:17 PM   #332
dude1394
Guru

I didn't get to the line, didn't rebound well, didn't pass the ball enough.

Damn this guy is never satisfied. Stack looked great after the day off...he was getting over the rim...

Hay...Soon he'll be calling him old man.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:23 PM   #333
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio

Why thank you! I thought it fitting. I'm sure I'll change it again soon though. Lately I've been changing my avatar more than my underwear.

I guess I'm headed to bed now. I'm going to miss watching my Mavs over the next few days. Hopefully the other games will continue to be entertaining. G'night all!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:29 PM   #334
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

This was a very well played sweep for the Mavs.

I'm very happy and impressed with the way they stepped it up. Let's hope it continues vs. the Skirts/Queens.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:40 PM   #335
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. So THIS is what a championship team looks like... I like it!
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:57 PM   #336
demosthenes247

demosthenes247 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Wow. So THIS is what a championship team looks like... I like it!
championship calibur maybe, still a little premature to say otherwise
demosthenes247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:59 PM   #337
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by demosthenes247
championship calibur maybe, still a little premature to say otherwise
Well thank you for clearing that up for me. You see, because I wasn't aware. I thought the playoffs were over and we'd just won the championship.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:08 PM   #338
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

In other news, I really think it's F*cked up that Namco released such a great series of games named Soul Calibur. It seems to have affected people's spelling of caliber.

Eh, don't mind me, I'm just being an ass as usual.

The wait will be excruciating until the next series starts.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:11 PM   #339
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio

It's just her way of pitching in to make sure that America makes it through A Day Without Mexicans.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #340
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70
In other news, I really think it's F*cked up that Namco released such a great series of games named Soul Calibur. It seems to have affected people's spelling of caliber.
I don't know about the spelling, but I can tell you that those are some damn good games.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:02 AM   #341
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

GO MAVS!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 02:13 AM   #342
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by raefformvp
Mavs by 18.
Nailed it.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote