Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 10-27-2006, 10:17 PM   #321
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Pick a guy to play the flex spot for me this week:

Travis Henry, home to Houston
Maroney @ Minnesota
Lamont Jordan, home to Pitt (gametime decision on his back, probably)
Berrian, home to SF
Stallworth, home to JAX

Thanks.

EDIT: Please also choose Carson Palmer or Mike Vick. They play against each other (Palmer at home), and this should be a freakin' shootout. I have Chad Johnson going, if that makes any difference.

Last edited by chumdawg; 10-27-2006 at 10:18 PM.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2006, 10:23 PM   #322
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I would start Henry at the flex, and Vick at QB.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:49 PM   #323
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. As I looked at my roster again, I decided to sit Gore against Oakland and play Henry at the RB. I'm looking at Berrian (against SF) at the flex. What do you think, Gore and Henry or Henry and Berrian?

My first instinct was Palmer, but you might be right about Vick...I'll take that under advisement. Hmm...
Old 10-28-2006, 12:26 AM   #324
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Thanks. As I looked at my roster again, I decided to sit Gore against Oakland and play Henry at the RB. I'm looking at Berrian (against SF) at the flex. What do you think, Gore and Henry or Henry and Berrian?

My first instinct was Palmer, but you might be right about Vick...I'll take that under advisement. Hmm...
If you play Palmer and Johnson together, odds are you'll get a really huge game, or a bad game from both of them.

If you think you'll need the extra points, then play them, and hope for double touchdown points if they connect. But normal fantasy football logic says stay away from QB/WR teammates, beacuse it's a rollercoaster.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 10-28-2006 at 12:26 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 02:46 AM   #325
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I'd go with Palmer at QB and Henry at RB with Berrian at the flex.

Minny has the BEST rush D in the league, (only allowing 70 a game) so dont start Maroney. Also, don't start Jordan.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:13 PM   #326
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I would start Henry at the flex, and Vick at QB.
Thig, good call on Vick. I played Palmer, but it looks like I'm going to win anyway, so I'm not kicking myself that bad. Now, going forward it looks like I may have some tough calls to make. Could Vick be for real?

I'm mad that I benched Gore for Berrian. Gore had a very respectable game, against that defense. And the Bears score 41, and Berrian does crap? Dangit. Henry also laid an egg.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:23 PM   #327
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thig, good call on Vick. I played Palmer, but it looks like I'm going to win anyway, so I'm not kicking myself that bad. Now, going forward it looks like I may have some tough calls to make. Could Vick be for real?

I'm mad that I benched Gore for Berrian. Gore had a very respectable game, against that defense. And the Bears score 41, and Berrian does crap? Dangit. Henry also laid an egg.
I started Gore He's the real deal.

And Palmer had a fine game, so your fine. I don't think Vick will keep it up, I might actually look to trade him if I were you. Palmer will give you fine production every week.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
Old 11-05-2006, 09:25 PM   #328
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

My trade deadline passed, my final roster

Bulger
Jackson
Portis
Harrison
Andre Johnson
Tj Houshmanzadeh
Lj Smith
Vanderjagt(we dont count missed fgs)
Ravens

Edge, Jordan, Santonio Holmes, Chad Jackson, Vernon Davis, Ladell betts, Jake Delhomme on the bench. For a 12 team league that team is pretty stacked.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:50 PM   #329
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Five-O: Get a better kicker.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:55 PM   #330
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
Five-O: Get a better kicker.
Im thinking about it, since we dont count misses hes fine.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:07 PM   #331
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Your starting lineup is stacked, but your bench is weak. That doesn't matter much though. Great team.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:12 PM   #332
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashtymavsfan13
Your starting lineup is stacked, but your bench is weak. That doesn't matter much though. Great team.
Im not really concerned about my bench, but a bench with Edgerrin James, Lamont Jordan, Jake Delhomme, and 3 young guys who should get better as the season goes along and a handcuff to my starting rb is a bad bench? But yeah, i love my team. The only teams im worried about are A) the team with westbrook and LT and Vick If vick keeps playing like he has been and westbrook doesnt get hurt that team is sick and a team with Peyton, Gore, Parker, Holt, Ward and Shaun Alexander for whenever he gets healthy.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:14 PM   #333
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Im not really concerned about my bench, but a bench with Edgerrin James, Lamont Jordan, Jake Delhomme, and 3 young guys who should get better as the season goes along and a handcuff to my starting rb is a bad bench? But yeah, i love my team. The only teams im worried about are A) the team with westbrook and LT and Vick If vick keeps playing like he has been and westbrook doesnt get hurt that team is sick and a team with Peyton, Gore, Parker, Holt, Ward and Shaun Alexander for whenever he gets healthy.
Edge is the only good player on your bench, I think you bench is relatively weak imho. I think your starting lineup is very good though.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:42 PM   #334
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
Edge is the only good player on your bench, I think you bench is relatively weak imho. I think your starting lineup is very good though.
Jordan hasnt been what i thought he was but hes one hell of a 4th rb. Delhomme is GREAT for a second qb. You have to realize these guys arent my starters and its a 12 team league. Edge is THE best rb you are gonna find on a bench anywhere(even with all of his struggles hes been a top 15 back) Holmes is coming around and until he got hurt jackson had caught tds in the last two games. Davis will be fine once he comes back. As you said, its not a big deal, im past by weeks so i dont care. Barring injury, My starting lineup will start every week from here out.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:44 PM   #335
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Jordan hasnt been what i thought he was but hes one hell of a 4th rb. Delhomme is GREAT for a second qb. You have to realize these guys arent my starters and its a 12 team league. Edge is THE best rb you are gonna find on a bench anywhere(even with all of his struggles hes been a top 15 back) Holmes is coming around and until he got hurt jackson had caught tds in the last two games. Davis will be fine once he comes back. As you said, its not a big deal, im past by weeks so i dont care. Barring injury, My starting lineup will start every week from here out.
Edge is great, Delhomme is great for a backup QB, Jordan is pretty good for a back up. All I'm saying is I'm not too fond of the rest of your bench, it doesn't matter though cuz your starting lineup is great.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:40 PM   #336
chumdawg
Guru

Here's what I got from my team this week:

QB - Palmer - 440 yds, 3 TD's
WR - Johnson - 260 yds, 2 TD's
WR - Smith - 149 yds, TD
WR - Stallworth - 139 yds, TD
RB - Gore - 159 yds, TD
RB - Taylor - 75 rushing yds, 20 receiving yds
TE - Gonzalez - 84 yds
K - Wilkins - 3 FGs
DEF - Chicago - 2 sacks, 3 turnovers, TD

Pretty good day for my boys!
Old 11-13-2006, 11:46 PM   #337
Five-ofan
Guru

horrible day for me, everyone but jackson had their worst game of the season and portis is out for a month which might as well be the year. Great....
Old 11-13-2006, 11:50 PM   #338
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

My day stunk. I sort of took a flyer on kitna and furrey as a third wr. Then to top that off I took garrard..

I didn't have a ton more to work with, I had carr and v.young to choose. I think vince is going to be it from now on because at least he'll get some running yards worst case.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:57 PM   #339
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

In my main league I had an awesome week, but in the other two I did terribly

Old 11-30-2006, 11:24 AM   #340
Five-ofan
Guru

In my main league, the playoffs start this week. The guy im playing has LJ which is always a bit scary(I get LT next week if i lose). I decided to play a hunch and start Edge this week well see how that works out. In a suprising story, my team in the D-m.com league decided to quit sucking. That carson to chad connection has finally started working and i am on a roll, i will be scary in the playoffs. Now i just need to convince chum to give me LT and ill be in great shape Im back in the playoff race though which is the important thing.

Edit- I would really love an upgrade at rb in that league if anyone is interested.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 11-30-2006 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:38 AM   #341
Darth Ape
Banned

Darth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to beholdDarth Ape is a splendid one to behold

I secured a first place regular season in my pay league two weeks before the playoffs begin. $150 cash in my pocket bitches! This week I play a game that's meaningless in terms of seeding, but is a make or break game for my opponent. I think i'll double up his score just for fun.

In the Dallas-Mavs league, I'm running in first place going into this week with some very weak defenses scheduled to spread their legs for my crew of Larry Johnson, Drew Brees, Shaun Alexander, and Anquan Boldin.

Two leagues and two first place finishes for the Ape! Bring on the playoffs! I need a challenge.

Last edited by Darth Ape; 12-01-2006 at 08:46 AM.
Darth Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:27 AM   #342
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I've having a horrible time with Chster Taylor this week as my W/F. Normally I'd run him no problem but it's agin the bears.
I"m got MBIII and Shaun Alexander as RBs.

So the choices for W/R are.

Chester Taylor(Minn against Chi)
Greg Jennings (GB against NYJ)
DeAngelo Williams(just about ruled him out as foster is back)
Lee Evans(Buff against SD)
Marty Booker(Mia against Jac)

The league is so close that I could fall from 2nd to 6th dependent on this week.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 12-03-2006, 04:25 PM   #343
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

I'd go with Taylor still.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:31 PM   #344
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
I'd go with Taylor still.
Shoulda' for sure. Could have gone with Santana Moss if I hadn't cut him!
Old 12-03-2006, 04:32 PM   #345
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Shoulda' for sure. Could have gone with Santana Moss if I hadn't cut him!
Aww man, I held on to Santana, it was only a hamstring injury. You can't cut the big stars unless it's serious.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:50 PM   #346
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Aww man, I held on to Santana, it was only a hamstring injury. You can't cut the big stars unless it's serious.
Oh I figured with the new QB, he'd be horrible as well. I've had him all year and he's only had about 2 good games...It's either feast or famine with him.

Just to let you know how far he'd fallen, no one picked him back up and I just did. But I don't know if I'll play him at all.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:28 PM   #347
Five-ofan
Guru

man im pissed, A) i left ladell betts on the bench for Edge who for whatever reason couldnt get a goal line carry (this cost me 12.5 points) and B) my opponent has the Bears D (2dtd, 4 picks, 2DFR, 3 sack) he also had eli which annoyed me because this is the first good game eli has had in well forever. Im up 6 points, he has darrel Jackson and I have LJ smith. This is the first round of the playoffs so if i lose im done which will REALLY piss me off.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:30 PM   #348
Five-ofan
Guru

oh yeah and he had corey dillon who scored 3 tds.

Edit-Andre johnson with 1 catch for 9 yards wasnt exactly helpful either.

Last edited by Five-ofan; 12-03-2006 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:08 PM   #349
chumdawg
Guru

This was Edge's first 100-yard game of the season. The Cards were the last team to post a 100-yard rushing game.

But still...can't blame you for choosing Edge over Betts.

I'm heading into the playoffs ranked #3, with recent wins over the top two. I think I'm the team to beat. I sure wish I still had Barber. I would play him at the flex instead of Maroney or Henry.

Speaking of Maroney, if he doesn't leave with an injury today, Dillon probably doesn't blow up against you.

Last edited by chumdawg; 12-03-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:10 PM   #350
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
This was Edge's first 100-yard game of the season. The Cards were the last team to post a 100-yard rushing game.

But still...can't blame you for choosing Edge over Betts.

I'm heading into the playoffs ranked #3, with recent wins over the top two. I think I'm the team to beat. I sure wish I still had Barber. I would play him at the flex instead of Maroney or Henry.

Speaking of Maroney, if he doesn't leave with an injury today, Dillon probably doesn't blow up against you.
btw do you have stat tracker on yahoo? did you beat me?
Old 12-03-2006, 09:20 PM   #351
chumdawg
Guru

Yeah. I'm up 72-40, with LJ Smith yet to play.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:22 PM   #352
Five-ofan
Guru

haha well that sucks oh well. I could still get lucky and get in next week if all goes well...
Old 12-03-2006, 11:37 PM   #353
Five-ofan
Guru

well the seahawks game is over. Im down 6 points and we reward .5 ppr and a point every 10 receiving yards and 6 pts for a td. So i need LJ to either get a td, or 4 catches for 40 yards.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:47 PM   #354
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

looks like i'm going to make the playoffs in one of my leagues. I was 5-6-1 heading into this weekend, right behind a guy who was 6-6 (we're battling for the 6th playoff spot - playoffs start next week). i won my matchup, and he's down big in his, with only stallworth going tomorrow. so i'll end up 6-6-1, and he'll be 6-7. gotta love it.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:57 PM   #355
Five-ofan
Guru

so i looked it up, lj has scored more than 6 points 7 times this year.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:02 AM   #356
chumdawg
Guru

I'm in the playoffs, with the three seed. And I've been cruising of late. The top guy lost McNabb and Colston (Colston at least for now). With Palmer coming along lately, I may be golden!
Old 12-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #357
Five-ofan
Guru

bad first half, 0 catches for smith, also delhomme has already matched bulgers point total and i have him on the bench so this may be yet another start or sit decision that cost me the game. On the bright side im still just a short td away from winning. I think thats what its gonna take because the yards thing isnt looking too good...
Old 12-04-2006, 10:57 PM   #358
Five-ofan
Guru

Id be winning right now if i had started Delhomme. Im so pissed right now. Im going to get booted from the playoffs of the team i worked the most on and im gonna have over 70 points on the friggin bench.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:55 PM   #359
Five-ofan
Guru

god i hate fantasy football. One of my leagues is a keeper league(the one i just lost in) but aside from that im not playing any fantasy sports next year.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:59 PM   #360
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

welp I made it in 3rd in the important league. $160 pot. and the playoffs start this week. it should be fun wish me luck!