Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-14-2008, 09:40 AM   #321
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i know - it makes no sense. just do the 8!

i think they're worried about running the last 3 in the summer. just air them in the fall!
Well the good thing is that they're going to make those additional 3 eventually. They have committed to 48 episodes over the last 3 seasons....13 this season, and however they're going to split it up for the next 2.

LOST tonight!!

p.s. I don't know what they are, but I've read that tonights episode includes yet more "mind f$cks" of a LARGE nature.....they're coming hot and heavy this season with this stuff. It is so great.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 02-14-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2008, 10:29 AM   #322
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Jason Kidd = Locke.

Devean George = Michael.

Seasoned Veteran vs. Stupid Guy that makes things difficult.
cuban = jacob??
Old 02-14-2008, 02:18 PM   #323
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

VINCENT GETS OFF THE ISLAND!!!!!!!!!

naa just kidding. That would be funny though.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:15 PM   #324
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

i hope the smoke monster smites devean george and/or his agent in tonights episode!
Old 02-14-2008, 08:47 PM   #325
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

QUESTION

If Pilot-Dude landed the helicopter safely, why is he so beat up and hurt?
Old 02-14-2008, 10:06 PM   #326
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Well screw me.

That last conversation was....yeah.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:27 PM   #327
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito
QUESTION

If Pilot-Dude landed the helicopter safely, why is he so beat up and hurt?
I don't remember the exact sequence of events, but he took a tumble or something. When he saw that cow.

Wow at that last conversation. I love this show so much.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:32 AM   #328
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

By the way everyone, AFTER you watch the show, I always recommend a visit here:

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/

To see all those good freeze frame moments.

Bens passport is interesting. As are the bracelets.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:28 AM   #329
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

WTF? WTF? WTF? WTF? WTF?

and i RARELY ever say "WTF?"

so both naomi and that berlin girl worked for the same guy? Is that the assumption from the bracelets?
Old 02-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #330
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WTF? WTF? WTF? WTF? WTF?

and i RARELY ever say "WTF?"

so both naomi and that berlin girl worked for the same guy? Is that the assumption from the bracelets?
That was my assumption.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:44 AM   #331
XERXES
Diamond Member

whoa- im gonna have to watch that whole thing again. it threw me for a loop to see sayid playing golf at the onset - that was an awesome segment...
Old 02-15-2008, 09:53 AM   #332
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Sayid looked emotional at the end, at the mention of "his friends"

I took it that Sayid is trying to protect the Other 5 (or more? on the island?) and that Ben is still trying to protect the island (?) And their interests are kind of aligned then, however far in the future that was.

It wasn't really implied one way or the other whether or not Ben was out in the real world because he was on a routine trip from the island, or if he leaves with the Oceanic 6 and is unable to return.

It would seem that creepy black guy (Abaddon (means "guardian of the abyss") as in the plane in the trench? that he planted there?) was Elsa's boss. Or at least part of the same group that is still after the island and/or survivors.

Either way, I was glad to find out that Sayid was killing for a purpose, and not because he just gone off the deep end when he got back.

Good to see Desmond. We need more Desmond.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:10 AM   #333
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i love me some desmond. i'd lump him in with locke, ben and sawyer as one of the most well-acted characters on the show.

so we have now confirmed that Ben has used aliases in the past. Dean Moriarty was the name on the passport. Could lend creedence to the theory that it was Ben in the coffin - the obit Jack read made no mention of a Benjamin Linus.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:12 AM   #334
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Let me just say, I freaking love Sayid, and had been going through withdrawls.

I love Sayid-centered episodes.

And I agree with Flac, more Desmond is needed. I bet he's the final member of the 6.

BTW, on the question of whether Ben was one of the 6, I know the writers aren't above outright lying to us in previews, but last night's preview for next week did say that we knew 5 of the 6, and we'd find out the final one next week, no?

That would mean it's Kate, Jack, Hurley, Sayid and Ben, right?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 02-15-2008, 10:17 AM   #335
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

just watched the preview again. it said (paraphrased slightly):

"nothing is certain - other than the oceanic 6, who get off the island, and the next one to be revealed"

never said 5 of 6 or anything like that.

i believe the oceanic 6 are actually people who were on the flight. otherwise, why would they get a settlement? Like frank said last week, everyone knows the manifest and who was on the flight.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 02-15-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 10:17 AM   #336
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
so we have now confirmed that Ben has used aliases in the past. Dean Moriarty was the name on the passport. Could lend creedence to the theory that it was Ben in the coffin - the obit Jack read made no mention of a Benjamin Linus.
But it did make reference to a teenage son. I still think somehow, it was michael in the coffin, but the Ben camp sure gained some steam last night.

I don't think Ben will be one of the "Oceanic 6." He was not on the plane. I don't know how anyone would explain him to the world, and I'm quite certain he wouldn't let himself be in the public eye, EVER.

Interesting alias on the passport "Moriarty.".... Of Criminal mastermind fame from Sherlock Holmes novels. Certainly fitting.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:20 AM   #337
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah, i was a believer it was Michael from the get-go (probably changed his name to avoid attention). But of course people have also thought it was Ben.

Both of those guys fit into the "neither family nor friend" thing for Jack, and Kate being so incredulous about not going to the funeral.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 02-15-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:30 AM   #338
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Huh, I could've sworn it said we found out the final one.

But you're right, the Oceanic 6 would need to be people on the flight.

Although, certainly it would not be past this show or Ben's abilities to falsify that somehow, or assume someone's identity.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 02-15-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:38 AM   #339
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

yeah. it definitely said "next one", not "final one".

i don't know if ben could falsify records that deep. but who knows.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 02-15-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:18 AM   #340
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

All I know is, white chicks dig Sayid.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:46 AM   #341
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Please don't remind me about Shannon. Why'd they kill off the hot one
Old 02-16-2008, 12:10 PM   #342
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

That was quite the mindblowing episode.

So was the agreement made while Ben and Sayid were locked in that bunker prison room?

Ben obviously has the ability to get to and from the Island.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:33 PM   #343
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

What was that ash stuff on the ground?

What is Locke going to do with Miles?

Why didn't Charlotte sound the alarm about the spy on the boat?

Is Smokey connected to Jacob, or is Smokey connected to Dharma?

Why do Sayid's flashforward clothes make him look fat?

Why was he so sad about Naomi?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 02-16-2008 at 12:34 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:39 PM   #344
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

so are we to think the bracelet Naomi was wearing was from the Black dude or the Russian chick? Or someone else?

Ben is NOT one of the 6.

not one mention thus far from my esteemed LOST addicts about the freaky "Lost Time" on the payload?...that was freakin awesome. I love Daniel Faraday

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:41 PM   #345
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i love me some desmond. i'd lump him in with locke, ben and sawyer as one of the most well-acted characters on the show.
agree without reservation.

"I'm thirsty".....I love Ben so much.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #346
sike
The Preacha

of these new invaders...they are pretty bold people...they decided to stay despite the very obvious danger to their own lives.

I'm convinced that Daniel and Charlotte are not bad people...they are genuinely interested in studying something on this island...

Old 02-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #347
sike
The Preacha

oh...did anyone else immediately know that was ben's voice?...they put some kind of deepening effect on it at first to throw you off..but I knew at world one it was Ben

Old 02-16-2008, 03:54 PM   #348
sike
The Preacha

"Need I remind you what happened the last time you thought with your heart and not with your gun?" what the heck does that refer to?

Old 02-16-2008, 03:59 PM   #349
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
What was that ash stuff on the ground?

What is Locke going to do with Miles?

Why didn't Charlotte sound the alarm about the spy on the boat?

Is Smokey connected to Jacob, or is Smokey connected to Dharma?

Why do Sayid's flashforward clothes make him look fat?

Why was he so sad about Naomi?
don't know what the powdery substance was...it was obviously Locke's marker for the cabin...

who are you referring to as Smokey?

didn't notice him look fat at all...he looked cool

I thought the same thing about his apparent sadness about Naomi...

Old 02-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #350
sike
The Preacha

any theories on who R.G. could be?

Old 02-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #351
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
any theories on who R.G. could be?
I am very close to someone with those initials..... so it's kind of funny kidding around with him about it.

As to the time shift, that was flipping insane. They have to explain it now, otherwise why point it out?

The ashes on the ground thing..... when Ben took Locke to see Jacob last season Locke noticed ashes on the ground. So that was to give you a bearing of where on the Island we were. That was right when he went on about the cabin not being in the right location. Jacobs cabin.

Smokey is the nickname for the monster that killed Eko last year.

On being sad about Naomi....I wonder if he's seen one of those bracelets before? Like his past girlfriend? Of course that's all speculation but since I said it you can all take it to heart and treat it as fact. This message is approved by u2sarajevo.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:19 PM   #352
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I'm convinced that Daniel and Charlotte are not bad people...they are genuinely interested in studying something on this island...
I agree.

And the time shift thing....yeah...that is weird....really weird.

Bringing a physicist and an athropologist (4 toe statue anyone?) should net us some pretty interesting television over the next 3 seasons.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:07 PM   #353
sike
The Preacha

good stuff, flaco and U2...except from flaco....he is dumb.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:14 PM   #354
StackAttack
Platinum Member

Time shift's really interesting. I was listening to a podcast last night and they were discussing some intriguing things about it. This is probably what's going to be used to explain Walt's burst in height; it's been a few years, off-island. They said that it's something like 31 minutes on island = 1 minute in the real world.

That's not exactly what I took the time shift to mean, but hey, what do I know.

Last edited by StackAttack; 02-17-2008 at 10:16 PM.
StackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:49 AM   #355
sike
The Preacha

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
but hey, what do I know.
very little?

Old 02-20-2008, 01:44 PM   #356
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I don't know which episode this is from but, hey....

-Fire
-Guns
-Wet t-shirt contest

Count me in.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 02-20-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:46 PM   #357
sike
The Preacha

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

I don't know which episode this is from but, hey....

-Fire
-Guns
-Wet t-shirt contest

Count me in.
you dummy.

Feeling any better yet?

Old 02-20-2008, 04:15 PM   #358
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I think the biggest tragedy of this trade besides the gaping hole in the middle of the court behind Damp, is that it has taken away from LOST talk this week.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #359
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I think the biggest tragedy of this trade besides the gaping hole in the middle of the court behind Damp, is that it has taken away from LOST talk this week.
bring it, little buddy!

Old 02-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #360
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I wish I could. I can barely remember what happened last week between moving into our new house this weekend, and all this trade stuff.