Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-20-2014, 02:18 PM   #321
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
You think opposing teams will let their PG sit in the paint? If they are that crazy, then Rondo is going to get a LOT of wide-open jumpers and his FG will never be higher.
If that's the response, it's just giving the other team what they want, IMO. I am interested to see how the offensive approach evolves, though. Dirk and Tyson are both terrific screeners, Monta and Parsons are both terrific when they catch the ball in space, and Rondo is as good as anyone in the game right now anticipating when guys are going to come open and delivering the ball on time and on target, so to me, that's where you start. Let Rondo initiate the half-court set, and then if everyone acts decisively off that initial pass and Rondo's prepared to be aggressive with his dribble penetration (not necessarily looking to score) if/when the ball comes back his way, the Mavs' half-court offense is still going to be an absolute beast to defend, and will probably be better able to deal with quality defenses because there won't be a wink link in the decision making chain. And with more stops and better defensive rebounding, Dallas will be able to get more out of their fast and secondary breaks to complement their half-court attack.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2014, 02:20 PM   #322
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Monta sucks...he's just a chucker.

Tyson Chandler is all washed up. Plus, in New York, he was locker room cancer.

Brandon Wright was a wasted draft pick...too skinny and injury prone.

A lot of dumb things have been said about Mavs players that looked smart at the time they were stated.

I'd be very careful about dissing Rondo. A year after his surgery, he still leading the league in assists and in rebounds from his position. Advanced stats say his defense is way off, but D is a team game, and the team around him is pretty weak, so I take that with a grain of salt. This is a guy who understands competing at the highest level. Now that he is in a position to do that again, I suggest giving him some time to see if he can still do it.

It is often written that he's at his best in big games. Well, welcome to the West, where half the games will have him face to face with the best guards in the world, starting tonight with Tony Parker. I've heard a lot of pundits and commentators say he's past his prime. I do not see quotes like that from the guys he plays against. Monta Ellis did not say "I beat that guy like a drum, he's toast." He said "get him in here." I think he's in the best position to know.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:12 PM   #323
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Well Rondo used to be faster before the injuries. And he played in the leastern conference. He was surrounded by Garnett, Pierce, and Ray Allen. And that team was great defensively. They didn't need to score a ton a game because their defense was good enough.
You're kind of dodging the question, but I understand your point. Still, you are insane to complain about this deal.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:25 PM   #324
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
Monta sucks...he's just a chucker.

Tyson Chandler is all washed up. Plus, in New York, he was locker room cancer.

Brandon Wright was a wasted draft pick...too skinny and injury prone.

A lot of dumb things have been said about Mavs players that looked smart at the time they were stated.

I'd be very careful about dissing Rondo. A year after his surgery, he still leading the league in assists and in rebounds from his position. Advanced stats say his defense is way off, but D is a team game, and the team around him is pretty weak, so I take that with a grain of salt. This is a guy who understands competing at the highest level. Now that he is in a position to do that again, I suggest giving him some time to see if he can still do it.

It is often written that he's at his best in big games. Well, welcome to the West, where half the games will have him face to face with the best guards in the world, starting tonight with Tony Parker. I've heard a lot of pundits and commentators say he's past his prime. I do not see quotes like that from the guys he plays against. Monta Ellis did not say "I beat that guy like a drum, he's toast." He said "get him in here." I think he's in the best position to know.
Completely agree with your assessment about all the games being big from here on out. I looked at our opponents in the West, their schedules are just as brutal as ours. Pop has to rest his starters tonight and hope for the best. Look at the next few weeks for the Spurs. It's a buzz saw. The teams that make the best adjustments will come out on top in this tight race. Mavs made their move. Fingers crossed it will pay off.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #325
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
You're kind of dodging the question, but I understand your point. Still, you are insane to complain about this deal.
The deal cost us our bench. So I don't think I'm insane for complaining about this deal. Unless Rondo makes a huge difference, I think we lost in this trade. We gave up too much for Kidd as well and missed the playoffs that year. Luckily, we were able to gain back that depth eventually. Depth is underrated. It won the Spurs a championship last year.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:34 PM   #326
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We gave up too much for Kidd as well and missed the playoffs that year.
We did not miss the playoffs that year. We got our asses kicked by New Orleans in the first round, but we did make the playoffs.

Quote:
Luckily, we were able to gain back that depth eventually. Depth is underrated. It won the Spurs a championship last year.
Depth wasn't the reason it took us so long to get back to the finals. The Mavs were always deep. They just weren't always that good.

Crowder was a nice role player, but he rarely played, so losing him doesn't mean much of anything. And as much as I like Wright, I think you're overestimating his importance. He's pretty easily replaceable IMO, and therefor easily expendable.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:34 PM   #327
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The deal cost us our bench.
Man, get out with that crap. It cost us one bench rotation player. One.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:35 PM   #328
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The deal cost us our bench. So I don't think I'm insane for complaining about this deal. Unless Rondo makes a huge difference, I think we lost in this trade. We gave up too much for Kidd as well and missed the playoffs that year. Luckily, we were able to gain back that depth eventually. Depth is underrated. It won the Spurs a championship last year.
It cost us our whole bench? That is a terrible deal, then. I thought it just cost us our 7th man/spark plug who didn't play well against the West and our 13th man who rarely got off the bench.

Also, comparing Rondo to Kidd? Kidd was the piece that got us our first championship of all time. If Rondo nets us a second championship in a couple of years I will be pleased as punch and won't miss Wright or Crowder at all. I remember people crying about losing Harris and that we gave up too much for a has-been when we made the Kidd trade. No one talks about that any more other than you apparently.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-20-2014 at 03:39 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #329
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If we gave up Harris, then I'd agree. Wright is just one very good bench player.

None of us wanted to give up Wright, but I don't think we should envision him as some irreplaceable saint. Every GM in the league would do this deal.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:48 PM   #330
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
It cost us our whole bench? That is a terrible deal, then. I thought it just cost us our 7th man/spark plug who didn't play well against the West and our 13th man who rarely got off the bench.

Also, comparing Rondo to Kidd? Kidd was the piece that got us our first championship of all time. If Rondo nets us a second championship in a couple of years I will be pleased as punch and won't miss Wright or Crowder at all. I remember people crying about losing Harris and that we gave up too much for a has-been when we made the Kidd trade. No one talks about that any more other than you apparently.
Did you forget how much we struggled with Kidd the first year? Yes it got forgotten as we eventually found the right pieces around Kidd. Marion, Stevenson, Barea, Chandler, and Haywood the pieces that did it for us. We had a quality backup center that year.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:50 PM   #331
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did you forget how much we struggled with Kidd the first year? Yes it got forgotten as we eventually found the right pieces around Kidd. Marion, Stevenson, Barea, Chandler, and Haywood the pieces that did it for us. We had a quality backup center that year.
It's really simple...would you rather have a quality top 10 backup center or a quality top 10 starting pg?

Old 12-20-2014, 03:52 PM   #332
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

If you're looking for a perfect deal, you're going to be disappointed.

This comes as close to "buy low, sell high" as you can realistically expect. You take this deal every time and accept the new challenges it creates over the old holes it filled. Besides, it's a lot easier to acquire several role players than one stud.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:57 PM   #333
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
??? What are you talking about? Depth was never the Mavs' problem, at any point.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:59 PM   #334
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It's really simple...would you rather have a quality top 10 backup center or a quality top 10 starting pg?
What I'm more worried about is who is replacing our 6th man. I would love to have Ellis come off the bench to give us a spark. He could be our 6th man. I think we are one quality backup center from winning it all.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:03 PM   #335
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, please question my memory of Mavs stuff.

Also, new guys always take a while to get comfortable. We also needed to find the right roster once we had our core guys. Are you saying that the Kidd deal was a net negative, because we didn't immediately win a championship? Because we also needed to keep refining the roster? That is INSANE. If a piece isn't the ONLY piece, then it's a BAD piece? That's just crazy.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-20-2014 at 04:08 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 04:04 PM   #336
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If the deal had actually cost the Mavs their bench, I would completely agree with you. It didn't.

Old 12-20-2014, 04:07 PM   #337
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
If the deal had actually cost the Mavs their bench, I would completely agree with you. It didn't.
Our best player off the bench. And we have no quality backup center to Chandler. Chandler mentioned how important Haywood was to their success during their championship run. So I think it is huge to have a quality backup center.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:10 PM   #338
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
What makes you think we don't have the pieces now?

Your comments about losing the bench . . . . come on man. Devin has been a beast off the bench this year. He's been shooting the three great. Barea has had some good moments for us as well. I also have faith that the same FO that could land this starting five isn't done making moves to address our depth. I'm sorry you hate the trade so much. I'm not going to try to convince you it was good.

Complain all you want, but I'm convinced that this team would destroy our 2011 squad. The West is just that much better right now than it was in 2011. Also, the Heat had a shit bench when they went to the Finals four years in a row. I don't think our bench is shit.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 12-20-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:17 PM   #339
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
What makes you think we don't have the pieces now?

Your comments about losing the bench . . . . come on man. Devin has been a beast off the bench this year. He's been shooting the three great. Barea has had some good moments for us as well. I also have faith that the same FO that could land this starting five isn't done making moves to address our depth. I'm sorry you hate the trade so much. I'm not going to try to convince you it was good.

Complain all you want, but I'm convinced that this team would destroy our 2011 squad. The West is just that much better right now than it was in 2011. Also, the Heat had a shit bench when they went to the Finals four years in a row. I don't think our bench is shit.
Well the Heat was a special case. You think our starters are as good as the Heat 2011-2014?
Old 12-20-2014, 05:07 PM   #340
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Our best player off the bench. And we have no quality backup center to Chandler. Chandler mentioned how important Haywood was to their success during their championship run. So I think it is huge to have a quality backup center.
Comparing Wright defensively to Mahinmi or Haywood that year is silly. Which I'm assuming is what you are doing because if we lose a little bit of record breaking offense im not going to lose sleep, especially since it likely means our league worst or bottom 3 defensive rebounding or perimeter defense improves. Wright IIRC was benched in favor of Blair vs spurs because Wright is repeatedly abused by real post players and has to be near the bottom in defensive rebounding. He can block shots mainly from help defense but how many times do you need to watch a guy get abused till you realize he is fantastic and efficient as a 20min man off the bench but is a liability on defense against any team with post presence. He was our most efficient offensive player off the bench but I wouldn't say he was the best player off the bench. He had similar numbers last year offensively and got abused in the post defensively, he got abused again this year. He was going to get abused again in playoffs.

I also think you are selling our starters and bench short. Watch rondo for 10-15 games and then give an analysis of where this team is at. The team without rondo and with wright is at the bottom on defensive rebounding and perimeter defense and number one in offense efficiency while being 0-5 against top west teams. Let's let rondo throw a pass and play on a contending western conference team for a few games before judgement is passed eh? Who knows you might like seeing a few defensive stops translate into easy transition buckets.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:11 PM   #341
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did you forget how much we struggled with Kidd the first year?
The Mavs didn't struggle with Kidd that first year - they struggled with Avery Johnson's ego.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:11 PM   #342
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What I'm more worried about is who is replacing our 6th man.
Did Devin Harris get traded?

Old 12-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #343
LonghornDub

Quote:
I really enjoyed Wright's time here, but Devin has been their best player off the bench, and Wright was hardly a backup center. He's a 6'10" (listed some places at 6'9" but I think that's wrong) power forward, and his defense and rebounding were subpar to terrible.

The Mavs haven't really had legitimate size on their frontcourt bench all year. It's not because of this trade.

Last edited by LonghornDub; 12-20-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:51 PM   #344
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
I really enjoyed Wright's time here, but Devin has been their best player off the bench, and Wright was hardly a backup center. He's a 6'10" (listed some places at 6'9" but I think that's wrong) power forward, and his defense and rebounding were subpar to terrible.

The Mavs haven't really had legitimate size on their frontcourt bench all year. It's not because of this trade.
And Wright's shortcomings are why many positive things can come from replacing him if the team gets the right backup.

I do think it puts a bit more pressure on Harris to perhaps score more off the bench, but the Mavs don't lack when it comes to offense.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:29 PM   #345
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
And Wright's shortcomings are why many positive things can come from replacing him if the team gets the right backup.

I do think it puts a bit more pressure on Harris to perhaps score more off the bench, but the Mavs don't lack when it comes to offense.
High bar on the first. Better defense and rebounding shouldn't be a problem (I hope), but the constant threat of the alley-oop and the hyper-efficiency are going to be missed. And Devin will probably miss him as much as anyone. If Dallas can find a center who can give them something in the neighborhood of what JO gave GSW last year, though, I'll feel really good about things. I'm also hoping to see RJeff get a little more involved and productive with Rondo on the team. If there's one guy who stands to benefit from the addition of a top shelf true point guard, it's him.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 12-20-2014 at 06:29 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 06:42 PM   #346
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

http://youtu.be/cT2M81uWZc4
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #347
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

mavsfan1000 with a heroic run to become the worst poster around here...
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:08 PM   #348
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ding! Ding! Ding!!! We have a winner!!!
Old 12-20-2014, 07:12 PM   #349
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It is amazing how much a big that can catch and finish a lob helps a penetrating guard. It will be a little tougher on devin and jjb.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:43 PM   #350
NorwegianMavsFan

NorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really niceNorwegianMavsFan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
mavsfan1000 with a heroic run to become the worst poster around here...
How is mavsfan1000 becoming the worst poster? By disagreeing with you?

I love the trade, and dont mind giving up Wright to get Rondo, but its not a given that it`ll work out the way we hope.
NorwegianMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:46 PM   #351
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwegianMavsFan View Post
I love the trade, and dont mind giving up Wright to get Rondo, but its not a given that it`ll work out the way we hope.
The lovely thing is that we won't have to wait too long to find out... Tipoff against San Antonio just 45 minutes away!

Last edited by Underdog; 12-20-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:49 PM   #352
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwegianMavsFan View Post
How is mavsfan1000 becoming the worst poster? By disagreeing with you?

By posting the same crap over and over.

Agree with the second part about the trade.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:49 PM   #353
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I'm also hoping to see RJeff get a little more involved and productive with Rondo on the team. If there's one guy who stands to benefit from the addition of a top shelf true point guard, it's him.
I think one major trickle down of the trade ist hat RJeff needs to play much, much better.

Old 12-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #354
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well the Heat was a special case. You think our starters are as good as the Heat 2011-2014?
Why not?

Point guard. Rondo vs Chalmers. Big edge to Mavs
Shooting guard. Wade vs Ellis. Small edge to Heat
Small forward. Lebron vs Parsons. HUGE edge to Heat
Power forward. Dirk vs Haslem. Lol even now a HUGE edge to Mavs
Center. Chandler vs Bosh. Even
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:50 PM   #355
Dan1

Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all

Watching Celtics x Heat...

Nelson is still a scrub.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:28 PM   #356
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Well...happy looks different. Thats almost Kaman/Gordon/Aminu level of sad faces..

@BallinWithBryan: Old Mavs in their Celtics debuts: B-Wright with 6p/3r in 13 minutes. Crowder with 0p/2r in 7 minutes. Nelson with 3p/3a in 20 minutes.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:56 PM   #357
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:
I think this team is better than our 2011 team. . . . . . . . . . who beat the Heat. Mark Cuban thinks this team is better too.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:56 PM   #358
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@BallinWithBryan: Old Mavs in their Celtics debuts: B-Wright with 6p/3r in 13 minutes. Crowder with 0p/2r in 7 minutes. Nelson with 3p/3a in 20 minutes.
So they basically combined for Rondo's line.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:45 PM   #359
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
So they basically combined for Rondo's line.

Rondo - 6 points, 9 assists, 7 rebounds

Wright/Nelson/Crowder - 9 points, 4 assists, 7 rebounds

Old 12-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #360
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Rondo - 6 points, 9 assists, 7 rebounds

Wright/Nelson/Crowder - 9 points, 4 assists, 7 rebounds
Did they combine to draw four charges?

Tags
goat offense, jameer nelson goat