Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-08-2015, 02:09 PM   #321
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

F Simmons. What a little bitch. Jeopardizing a huge franchise for half a decade isn't funny
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2015, 02:09 PM   #322
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
The next 5-10 years of Mavericks and the last years of Dirk are in jeopardy.
This is true. I will not be watching the Mavs next year if he bolts. I don't live in the market and refuse to purchase League Pass if DJ doesn't stay. I don't have it in me.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:10 PM   #323
Thukydides

Thukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to all

Quote:
The next 5-10 years of Mavericks and the last years of Dirk are in jeopardy.
Yeah, maybe wasn´t the smartest move of the front-office to put the destiny of the whole franchise on those immature shoulders. Could have had Tyson and Matthews and someone else and compete next year..

I can´t believe they went all-in on Jordan, if he´s this kind of a person.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:10 PM   #324
Twenty4sevenn

Twenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to all

It's time for Dirk to hit those German mad scientists for the Uber HGH to turn back the clock 5 years and reign terror on all who oppose his will.
Twenty4sevenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:10 PM   #325
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
F Simmons. What a little bitch. Jeopardizing a huge franchise for half a decade isn't funny
Simmons is a tool. I've always hated him. The media has been no help in this situation.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:10 PM   #326
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Another aspect of this is Wes' contract. Although they said that we wanted him either way, I don't think they really meant it. It was a preemptive move to get Jordan. Now, if Jordan goes back to the Clippers, why would we give that contract to Matthews? But if we don't, how can we say anything bad about the Clippers or Jordan? So DJ really puts our organization in a very tough spot, and in more than one ways if he goes through with this.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:10 PM   #327
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thukydides View Post
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 33 Min.Vor 33 Minuten

Do the right thing, DeAndre. Stay with the Clips.

Signed,
Fan of a team that owns Dallas's top-7 protected pick in 2016.
You can't "stay" with a team that you no longer play for.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:11 PM   #328
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:
Yeah, maybe wasn´t the smartest move of the front-office to put the destiny of the whole franchise on those immature shoulders. Could have had Tyson and Matthews and someone else and compete next year..

I can´t believe they went all-in on Jordan, if he´s this kind of a person.
When Cuban admitted that we would have tanked in his interview, there was this thing in the back of my mind that was thinking that he probably shouldn't have said that. It almost sounds like he's saying there won't be a legit supporting cast for DJ.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:13 PM   #329
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Another aspect of this is Wes' contract. Although they said that we wanted him either way, I don't think they really meant it. It was a preemptive move to get Jordan. Now, if Jordan goes back to the Clippers, why would we give that contract to Matthews? But if we don't, how can we say anything bad about the Clippers or Jordan? So DJ really puts our organization in a very tough spot, and in more than one ways if he goes through with this.

Maybe we come to a mutual understanding with Wes? Or even better hopefully he'll force his own way out.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:15 PM   #330
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

If I'm Wes Matthews, I'm pretty upset with DeAndre right about now.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:16 PM   #331
Erod

Erod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these parts

At first, I thought this was a minor inconvenience. Now, I think Jordan is gone.

Also gone soon will be Carlisle, as soon as he can. He won't want to stay around for this. Same for Parsons when he can opt out. Bye Bye.

That considered, should they rescind the offer to Matthews today, too? He's of no use with Tyson Chandler already gone and no center at all.

For that matter, would it be time to trade Dirk? Or might he just hang it up?

In the meantime, Cuban will have a big goose egg on his forehead yet again. All the preaching he did about how much he understood the new CBA better than everybody else will be his laughable legacy. For a guy on Shark Tank, he can't close jack squat. Meanwhile, San Antonio and Houston are lapping tDallas at every turn.

Calamitous day in Mavs land. I'm not happy.
Erod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:17 PM   #332
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant futurehayth.james.g has a brilliant future

If this is legal and he's able to go back on a verbal agreement 5 days after agreeing then I'm done with the NBA. Such an incredibly stupid thing to have to worry about.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:19 PM   #333
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Wow! Even if this is a false alarm and DAJ signs as promised, this makes me really question the guy's judgment.

First off, I don't care how immature or naïve you are, as an NBA player you have to know that when you verbally commit to a team in free agency, that team relies on your commitment and makes countless other decisions and commitments. Especially when you are the "big fish" signing. You gotta know you are the first "domino" in the process.

Secondly, maybe DAJ is a mental midget, but I guarantee you his agent is not, and is likely horrified at the reputation hit over this. Additionally, Clippers' management look like total scumbags to bypass the agent and start trying to change Jordan's mind.

Finally, the national (ESPN) media narrative about this deal has pissed me off from day one, saying that Jordan is crazy to leave LA and won't be any good without CP3 and Blake. Rather than wanting to prove the media wrong, I'm thinking DAJ is starting to believe them.
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:19 PM   #334
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Who is next in line with basically everyone giving verbal commits by now? And since when is going back on a verbal commit "playing free agency?".
Agreed, once you lay it down, then boom, you tell everyone, it's too late, you had your wine and dine period, you saw what everyone had to offer, you went through the process and made your decision, meetings are over. So what if LAC keeps calling, you made your choice. Hang up. Thanks but no thanks.

Lets call Lamarcus, Lebron, Love, call them all then.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:22 PM   #335
Thukydides

Thukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
If this is legal and he's able to go back on a verbal agreement 5 days after agreeing then I'm done with the NBA. Such an incredibly stupid thing to have to worry about.
I feel the same. And when you think about, how much you worried and hoped for Jordan to join us, just to realize now, what a douche he is and how you wasted your time pressing F5 for that dude.. I can´t even put it in words anymore.

Last edited by Thukydides; 07-08-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Thukydides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:23 PM   #336
MrScottMcKenzie

MrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the roughMrScottMcKenzie is a jewel in the rough

What a scumbucket. Their entire organisation makes me sick.
MrScottMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:24 PM   #337
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexiMav View Post
Wow! Even if this is a false alarm and DAJ signs as promised, this makes me really question the guy's judgment.

First off, I don't care how immature or naïve you are, as an NBA player you have to know that when you verbally commit to a team in free agency, that team relies on your commitment and makes countless other decisions and commitments. Especially when you are the "big fish" signing. You gotta know you are the first "domino" in the process.

Secondly, maybe DAJ is a mental midget, but I guarantee you his agent is not, and is likely horrified at the reputation hit over this. Additionally, Clippers' management look like total scumbags to bypass the agent and start trying to change Jordan's mind.

Finally, the national (ESPN) media narrative about this deal has pissed me off from day one, saying that Jordan is crazy to leave LA and won't be any good without CP3 and Blake. Rather than wanting to prove the media wrong, I'm thinking DAJ is starting to believe them.
Can't really blame the franchise for taking desperate measure to get a player back. There are no unwritten rules, to me, if true, this is all on the player, for accepting whatever garbage the Clippers are feeding him. It was just yesterday that I heard CP3 was a bantering little bitch at DJ, would freeze him out of high 5s......I just hope that all these Clippers reps, show up on his doorstep and he cancels the meetings.......bet the league will definitely shorten the moratorium or at least have things kick off mid day, the first busiiness day after July 4.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:24 PM   #338
Twenty4sevenn

Twenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to allTwenty4sevenn is a name known to all

I feel bad for Dirk. If this happens, he should retire from the NBA and finish out his career in Europe. Away from these petty children in the NBA. The most loyal dude in the history of the sport is being punished year in and year out.
Twenty4sevenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:26 PM   #339
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Mike Woodson is trolling us even. Just posted an emoji of a guy swimming.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:26 PM   #340
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

The lion share of the blame should obviously go to Jordan if he goes through with this, but the Clippers should get some of the blame as well. I just read a former agent's opinion somewhere and he said that you don't do that, it's an unwritten rule.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:27 PM   #341
Thukydides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4sevenn View Post
I feel bad for Dirk. If this happens, he should retire from the NBA and finish out his career in Europe. Away from these petty children in the NBA. The most loyal dude in the history of the sport is being punished year in and year out.
He really doesn´t deserve anything of that. Neither does Carlisle. Cuban and Donnie must declare themselves, because in the end they screwed the thing up, because they trusted the wrong guy.

Last edited by Thukydides; 07-08-2015 at 02:27 PM.
Thukydides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:32 PM   #342
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He really doesn´t deserve anything of that. Neither does Carlisle. Cuban and Donnie must declare themselves, because in the end they screwed the thing up, because they trusted the wrong guy.
They trusted an NBA player and his agent. You can't trust anyone else.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:33 PM   #343
bilease

bilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to behold

I miss Tyson...
bilease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:34 PM   #344
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
The lion share of the blame should obviously go to Jordan if he goes through with this, but the Clippers should get some of the blame as well. I just read a former agent's opinion somewhere and he said that you don't do that, it's an unwritten rule.
I'm actually pretty sure if they really did contact Jordan directly rather than through his agent that violates a written rule
Old 07-08-2015, 02:34 PM   #345
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@MemphisGNG 12m12 minutes ago
Wes Matthews just deleted this😳😳😳

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:35 PM   #346
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

And now, if we were to ask Tyson to come back now, he'd probably say "I love you guys, but I made a commitment to another organization and I'm going to honor it."
See how that works. Cuz Tyson's not a little bitch.

Last edited by bunkmoreland; 07-08-2015 at 02:37 PM.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:36 PM   #347
Thukydides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
They trusted an NBA player and his agent. You can't trust anyone else.
there must have been hints.. And first of all you should never put your franchise in this kind of all-or-nothing situation. That´s just my take.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:38 PM   #348
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
there must have been hints.. And first of all you should never put your franchise in this kind of all-or-nothing situation. That´s just my take.
Well your take is wrong, but you are more than welcome to keep your wrong opinion. In business you take risks. Having a partner F you over doesn't mean you were stupid to take a risk.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:39 PM   #349
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@MemphisGNG 12m12 minutes ago
Wes Matthews just deleted this😳😳😳
That'll certainly make things easier for tanking. I thought we were going to have to decide between backing out of the Matthews deal and looking like a classless franchise and going full tank.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:40 PM   #350
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Donnie better be on the phone with Tyson then. Offer Tyson more what phx put out.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:40 PM   #351
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Well your take is wrong, but you are more than welcome to keep your wrong opinion. In business you take risks. Having a partner F you over doesn't mean you were stupid to take a risk.
Agree 100% on this. You make decision after decision after decision based on what you're main target decides. Would we have offered Matthews a contract if DJ had told us no thank you? It's instant rebuild.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:41 PM   #352
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Donnie better be on the phone with Tyson then. Offer Tyson more what phx put out.
Cuban already said that if they didn't get Jordan, they'd tank and tank hard.

We aren't going to pull a classless Clippers move and F with other teams. Having a good reputation among players, agents, and other GMs is important. Clippers are hated by everyone. We don't want to be as disrespected as the Clips AND also bad.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:41 PM   #353
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
Can't really blame the franchise for taking desperate measure to get a player back. There are no unwritten rules, to me, if true, this is all on the player, for accepting whatever garbage the Clippers are feeding him. It was just yesterday that I heard CP3 was a bantering little bitch at DJ, would freeze him out of high 5s......I just hope that all these Clippers reps, show up on his doorstep and he cancels the meetings.......bet the league will definitely shorten the moratorium or at least have things kick off mid day, the first busiiness day after July 4.
Of course, we still don't know truth from fiction, but I think you have to apportion the lion's share of the "scumbaggery" on whoever made the first contact after the verbal commitment was made. If DAJ bypassed his agent and called Rivers, then he opened the door for the Clippers to swoop back into the negotiations. However, there is a reason these guys have representation. That's who you are supposed to talk to if you want to make a deal. And it is unethical and sorry for the Clippers to bypass the agent.
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:43 PM   #354
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

If he leaves, then it's full tank mode and need to start stock piling picks. I would be on the phone immediately with the Spurs and Cavs saying, who do you want from our roster? Clippers are not going to win it if there is anything I can do to stop it.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:43 PM   #355
Erod

Erod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these partsErod is infamous around these parts

Cuban looks so exposed in this. He's a pretender.

But once he got lucky in a tech bubble sale. So he's immune to failure.
Erod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:44 PM   #356
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

I have this odd feeling more players will back out on their deals now.

Last edited by yahyes; 07-08-2015 at 02:44 PM.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:44 PM   #357
Five-ofan
Guru

Quote:
There must have been hints that he would lie and go back on his word?
Old 07-08-2015, 02:44 PM   #358
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@BA_Turner: Was told Dallas owner Mark Cuban and Chandler Parsons will meet with DeAndre Jordan, per source.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:45 PM   #359
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Cuban must be furious about this. I would love to be a fly on the wall in his meeting with Jordan.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:45 PM   #360
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
I have this odd feeling more players will backup on their deals now.
Matthews will probably. He was looking for a contender and took less money to go with one. Other than that, who are you looking at?

Tags
power bottom, still a bottom btch