Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-03-2009, 12:40 AM   #3561
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
Karlis Skrastins, and now this.

This has not, as kige ramsey would say, been a great day for all americans.
Except the ones in LA (maybe...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2009, 12:41 AM   #3562
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Except the ones in LA (maybe...)
Did you just say Laker fans are Americans??? hahaha....you're funny.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:43 AM   #3563
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I dread posting this because A. it's the purest of speculation and B. I'm scared to death over Kidd already...but this seems pertinent:

From TheTwoManGame.com
Like I told jthig, everyone here knows I'm an optimist...but this is actually the least confident I've been about the situation. I'm pretty worried but I have to go off what I've heard and what we know.

If Kidd goes there for 3 years, at least 1-2 of them are going to be a wash. They won't make noise this year, and 2010 is going to be a learning/transition year. He likes being in NY but the guy wants to win and wants to get paid. He has a stronger chance THIS year in Dallas vs NY, with potential for upside in 2010 here...and he gets more $$$

Stein has a pulse on the Mavs and he insists that Kidd will still come back. It's scary, but I think he will.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 07-03-2009 at 12:46 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:19 AM   #3564
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Agreed - probably the most relevant name on the list, regardless of whether we keep or lose Kidd...
Exactly. He'd fit nicely next to Kidd or shooting guard X
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:56 AM   #3565
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Wouldn't worry too much. Sounds like Jefferson is just talking shit. My jaw would drop to the floor if it actually happened though.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #3566
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoddyB#3 View Post
I know that if we lose out on Kidd we will be set back and have to scramble for a PG. With that said, if Kidd wants to go waste the rest of his career with the Knicks. Then maybe we should think twice about bringing him back. We know for sure that the Knicks are going nowhere this year even with him. Then he has to hope that the Knicks bring in the big name players they need to be contenders. Boston was able to win a ring in one year, but what are the odds of that playing out for the Knicks?

IF he leaves for New York I hope he has fun with Mike. It could take three years for the Knicks to be contenders once they remake their team in 2010. It'll be time for him to retire, and he will spend his days in his retirement home wondering what could have been if he had only resigned with us. Now I love having Kidd here. I have to wonder about his determination to win if he is going to take less money to go to a losing team. All with the hope that when they reshape he'll will a ring in those last two years............GOOD LUCK WITH THAT
The Knicks wont have the next 3 years a team that can beat:
Lakers
Magic
Nets after 2010 (Harris-Lee-James-Bosh-Lopez )

Have fun there Jason

Last edited by sefant77; 07-03-2009 at 08:02 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:37 AM   #3567
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I actually wouldn't be that upset to see Kidd go, as long as we could replace him with a decent pg. I'm pretty confident we could still win 50 games with a Felton or Davis there running the team. Frankly, Kidd would be a dumbass to choose a losing franchise like that over us. That team "might" start winning when he is like 39. What kind of player would he be then?

But Cuban's priority is Kidd so I wouldn't worry. I still feel like Kidd is just trying to drive up the price IMO. We all knew that trade was a risk though...

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #3568
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

My newest Kaman thoughts:

Even with Zach gone i think would still make sense for the Clippers to trade him. They can save longterm money, he has some injury issues and the Clippers have allready longterm Davis as injury prone and Kaman doesnt look very happy in LA from time to time.

Main fact: with that huge firepower Davis-Gordon-Thornton-Griffin they dont need a center that will demand 10-12 shoots a night too and will get pissed if he doesnt get them. Dampier could be really interesting for them, filling their centerspot 48min with Camby/Dampier that focus just on defense.

In a year they can re-evalute, they can sign one of them or both to a short contract or maybe they see that Deandre Jordan can work for 20-24min too.

We can let Bass go and play a 3-rotation: Gortat backs up Kaman and Dirk at the 4 (the same they planned in Orlando and told Gortat to work on his jumper. He also played allready together with Dwight on the court).

Last edited by sefant77; 07-03-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #3569
Justin Credible

Justin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to allJustin Credible is a name known to all

I think that if the FO truly has pulled Gortat and they are sure that he's a Maverick next season then wasting the Damp chip on yet another Center before courting SG's or SF's (in the possibility of sliding J Ho to SG) then they fail. Hard.

Even if Kamen is available, I say he's at the very bottom of the list right now. We officially have $17m in expirings to offer a team, one of them being a starter on a 50-win team last season that made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs in an extremely competitive western conference. Damp had a great season last season (for Damp) and his value is most definitely there.. I just don't think they should rush to trade him right now. If someone offers a Rip-esque player for Damp/Stack then do the damn deal, but until then just hold on to Damp until you're positive that Gortat is familiar and comfortable working with our team.

BTW, was anyone just listening to ESPN when they were talking to Spurs GM RC Buford? I had literally just rolled out of bed and it caught me off guard that he was talking about Artest and Jefferson.. Did the Spurs pull Artest out from under the Lakers?! I only halfway heard it so I don't know what's going on at all, but I'm thinking that I just heard it wrong in a sleepy stupor.

Last edited by Justin Credible; 07-03-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #3570
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Carlos Boozer- getting him means Dirk/Boozer frontcourt which is unappealling.
Ron Artest- LA
Lamar Odom- LA
Rasheed Wallace- Celtics
Paul Millsap- Nice little Bass replacement kit with a little more Malone in him. Wants more Play time than Utah's 30mpg. Asking 10million/yr
David Lee-- hellova player. 6'9" prototypical starting-quality PF. Probably asking 10mil+, Prob. staying in NY unless he demands a trade and a team is willing to SnT.
Josh Childress- nice little 2/3 combo. Still has 2 years of contract with Olympiakos worth 20mill or so.
Hedo Turkoglu- Trailblazer
Trevor Ariza- Rocket
Shawn Marion- Nice 3/4 with hussle. Can't see him combining with Howard. He wants to shoot a lot and be the star. Probably asking 7-10m
Andre Miller- great PG with a tank 1/4-1/2 full still. Better option than Kidd imo.
Mike Bibby- aging and most likely going back to Atlanta
Anderson Varejao- nice backup for the 4/5. Rumors are we want him, but it would cost us close to the MLE.
Antonio McDyess- decent backup with no reason to come to Dallas.
Ramon Sessions- Has a good A/TO ratio which could translate to good numbers in Dallas, but he has no range, limited speed driving. 4th or 5th best PG available.
Marvin Williams - decent all around 3 with good height. Most likely a Hawk.
Nate Robinson- just no
Brandon Bass- I'd love to see him back if he played the 4/3 and not played with Dirk and no center.
Allen Iverson- not much left in the tank, not a team player, can't single-handedly will a team to victory anymore and thats a problem with his playstyle and his loss of energy/speed.
Raymond Felton- Nice lower-end starting PG or backup PG. Young with decent numbers. We dont need a backup point, and the starting PG is up in the air. Most likely to stay with his current team.
Grant Hill- aging but effective. Not particularly athletic but a vet with some scoring ability.
Marcin Gortat- backup center that showed exceptional per minute stats as a backup. When he got serious PT he put up a double double easily. Most promising (and only) true center out there. Most likely coming to Dallas.
Chris Andersen- crazy attitude, most likely staying in Denver. Plays like Hollins on Meth (and very well could be on it)
Drew Gooden-- Good O, Average D. Decent backup choice for Dirk, but may want more PT, and more money.
Zaza Pachulia- plays like he's 6'8" or 6'9", but a decent choice. More of a Dirk-type (3/4) than a true PF or C. Might be worth checking out in the bargain bin.
Anthony Parker-- aging but wiley vet. Definitely worth the vet min/LLE. Put up good numbers all around. Good (but not great) all around SG.
Marquis Daniels- single-dimensional player that often gets lost on Offense and plays no defense. Signing him would be an act of desperation IMO.
Matt Barnes isnt he restricted? Great SF when he has a playmaker. Marion light.
Wally Szczerbiak 32 y/o with a shooting touch that rivals M. Millers. Doesnt drive well, built like a brick outhouse. Not quick enough to be a great defender.
Lorenzen Wright- total spare. no reason to get him over Hollins.
Joe Smith- still putting up the numbers and defending well. Not a bad 5/4 option if Gortat falls through.
Hakeem Warrick- decent SF. Great athleticism but no shooting touch.
Channing Frye- a potential guy that hasnt really come up with much. Most likely will stay with Portland.
Linus Kleiza- backup PF that can shoot the 3. Most likely will return to Denver.
Leon Powe- decent backup 3/4. Cant shoot past 15ft, good rebounder.
Glen Davis Traylor with decent but not exceptional talent. Big (cry) baby.
Ike Diogu- Bass with less polish and less athleticism. For cheap he wouldnt be bad if Bass leaves. Pure PF with average height but little athleticism.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-03-2009 at 12:22 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:59 PM   #3571
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Poopsworld has a story up citing a "source" who's indicated that Kidd will re-up with the Mavs.

Now I'm really worried about him leaving.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #3572
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Poopsworld has a story up citing a "source" who's indicated that Kidd will re-up with the Mavs.

Now I'm really worried about him leaving.
F Me. Kidd is as good as gone.

BTW, I enjoy that you've picked up on the moniker of "poopsworld".

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #3573
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
F Me. Kidd is as good as gone.

BTW, I enjoy that you've picked up on the moniker of "poopsworld".
Gah, I hate that website...If Ingram is ever going to get something right, this is a damn good place to start.

Well crap...Eric Pincus, I don't know you.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #3574
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

RUMOR HAS IT…

In this week's section geared exclusively towards the latest rumors floating around the NBA …

Kidd Staying Put: An informed source has told HOOPSWORLD that Jason Kidd intends to return to the Dallas Mavericks for a three-year, $24 million contract.

Kidd has indicated to the Mavericks and New York Knicks that he'll mull over their respective offers over the weekend. The Knicks are said to be offering Jason a guaranteed three years at the Mid-Level Exception (MLE) which works out to be approximately $18.1 million.

Barring a surprising change of events, Kidd is expected to notify the Dallas on Monday that he'll take their offer which would start at approximately $7.25 million for the upcoming season.

Dallas has also reached an agreement in principal with center Marcin Gortat for a five-year MLE deal (~$32.3 million).

Because Marcin is a restricted free agent, the Orlando Magic will have the opportunity to match. The Mavericks are counting on Orlando passing on the lucrative offer for a player who would come off the bench behind Dwight Howard.

Sources indicate the Magic may very well decide to match the Mavs offer despite Gortat's desire for a new home. Despite the success Orlando had in the playoffs, a source close to Marcin indicates he craves the opportunity to start and play major minutes.

When pitching Gortat, the Mavericks promised the Polish center a major role. Should the Magic pass, word is Erick Dampier would immediately go on the trading block.

Dampier's final year is not guaranteed based on incentives. Functionally he has a $12.1 million expiring contract. Equally the Mavericks continue to shop Jerry Stackhouse whose $7.2 million contract has just $2 million guaranteed.

With $19.3 million in contracts to send out, Dallas would be in a good position to land an impact player needing a new home. That list might include players like Amar'e Stoudemire, Rip Hamilton, Jason Richardson or Carlos Boozer.

Of course Gortat probably wouldn't be happy if pushed to the bench by Stoudemire or Boozer but by then he'd have signed his contract (tough business as it is).

Kidd's flirtation with New York stems from a belief that he could help draw LeBron James as a free agent in 2010.

The Mavericks, having given up Devin Harris to acquire Kidd from the New Jersey Nets, simply can't afford to let their veteran point guard go.

Expect the decision to be announced after the July 4th weekend.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #3575
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Normally I would chastise someone for not posting a link to a fully pasted article. However, I don't want that abomination of a site getting hits, so leave it without he link.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #3576
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Awesome, so now we have 3 of the 5 starting spots figured out if Kidd stays, I am still in the camp to trade JHO
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #3577
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Normally I would chastise someone for not posting a link to a fully pasted article. However, I don't want that abomination of a site getting hits, so leave it without he link.
I didn't think it would be worth the trouble of making a couple of extra clicks on my mouse.

Last edited by Rick41; 07-03-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #3578
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
I didn't think it would be worth the trouble of making a couple of extra clicks on my mouse.
that's why I took poopsworld off my bookmarks section a loooong time ago.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:37 PM   #3579
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

I heard Turkoglu to Portland. Done deal.

EDIT:
Quote:
Hedo Turkoglu has reached an agreement in principle to become a Portland Trail Blazer, according to sources.
Although a verbal commitment may be announced sooner, the terms of the contract cannot be finalized until Wednesday, after the NBA informs teams what next year's salary cap will be.
The Orlando Magic's recent trade for Vince Carter, who has a large salary and plays small forward -- which is Turkoglu's position -- made it highly unlikely Turkoglu would be back in Orlando.
The Toronto Raptors expressed interest, but that was constrained by their other efforts to keep Shawn Marion and Carlos Delfino.
Turkoglu, a 6-10 forward from Turkey who played a prominent role in the Magic's recent trip to the NBA Finals, had been looking for a five-year deal in the neighborhood of $50 million
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4304805

Last edited by sike; 07-03-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:47 PM   #3580
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, the Blazers have all the right pieces - if they can form a cohesive unit (through coaching), then they'll be pretty legit this season...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-03-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:51 PM   #3581
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, well do they have Quinton Ross?? No... thats what I thought.

I REST MY CASE!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #3582
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Wow, the Blazers have all the right pieces - if they can form a cohesive unit (through coaching), then they'll be pretty legit this season...
I know LDub was willing to kill for Artest...
I'd be willing to rough someone up for Rudy Fernandez
Old 07-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #3583
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I'd be willing to let you rough ME up for Rudy Fernandez...

Old 07-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #3584
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:

Rudy would be my next pie in the sky idea.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:10 PM   #3585
sefant77
Guru

About the expiring contract article:

Its not just Damp and Stack.

Williams: 2,5
George 1,6
Wright 2,1
Barea: 1,6

If we have to we can add additonal 6,8 mio expiring contracts.

It will be a nuclear bomb if we cant pull of at least 2 more deals until february...

PS: Rudy would be sexy

Last edited by sefant77; 07-03-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:13 PM   #3586
Rick41
Diamond Member

Sefant, are you saying Rudy is sexy? lol

Last edited by Rick41; 07-03-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #3587
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

You know, if poopsworld is right about Kidd, then we oughta give them a little credit for providing a pretty big deal of a re-signing.

If they are wrong and he signs with NY.....then I hope every poster on here sends Ingram and those morons nasty messages to go get real jobs.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #3588
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
You know, if poopsworld is right about Kidd, then we oughta give them a little credit for providing a pretty big deal of a re-signing.

If they are wrong and he signs with NY.....then I hope every poster on here sends Ingram and those morons nasty messages to go get real jobs.
If they're right I'll give them credit for guessing correctly.

That site spits out so much crap I will never, ever believe that they have any "sources".

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #3589
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Random thought but thank god for the Darius Miles comeback. If it wasn't for that Portland could be chasing Kidd right now matching us dollar for dollar within the reasonable range.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #3590
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Stoudamire, J-rich, Boozer ickkk
the only guy i like mentioned is Rip and it's not like he alone makes us championship material and will they really give him away? they just fired Curry. I know players unexpectedly become available but who exactly is on the horizon for Stack especially and Damp? am i missing something?
Old 07-03-2009, 03:34 PM   #3591
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
Random thought but thank god for the Darius Miles comeback. If it wasn't for that Portland could be chasing Kidd right now matching us dollar for dollar within the reasonable range.
tru dat
Old 07-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #3592
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, how I wish the Blazers viewed JET as the missing piece to their team.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #3593
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I dread posting this because A. it's the purest of speculation and B. I'm scared to death over Kidd already...but this seems pertinent:

From TheTwoManGame.com
RUMOR HAS IT…
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13174

In this week's section geared exclusively towards the latest rumors floating around the NBA …

Kidd Staying Put: An informed source has told HOOPSWORLD that Jason Kidd intends to return to the Dallas Mavericks for a three-year, $24 million contract.

Kidd has indicated to the Mavericks and New York Knicks that he'll mull over their respective offers over the weekend. The Knicks are said to be offering Jason a guaranteed three years at the Mid-Level Exception (MLE) which works out to be approximately $18.1 million.

Barring a surprising change of events, Kidd is expected to notify the Dallas on Monday that he'll take their offer which would start at approximately $7.25 million for the upcoming season.

Dallas has also reached an agreement in principal with center Marcin Gortat for a five-year MLE deal (~$32.3 million).

Because Marcin is a restricted free agent, the Orlando Magic will have the opportunity to match. The Mavericks are counting on Orlando passing on the lucrative offer for a player who would come off the bench behind Dwight Howard.

Sources indicate the Magic may very well decide to match the Mavs offer despite Gortat's desire for a new home. Despite the success Orlando had in the playoffs, a source close to Marcin indicates he craves the opportunity to start and play major minutes.

When pitching Gortat, the Mavericks promised the Polish center a major role. Should the Magic pass, word is Erick Dampier would immediately go on the trading block.

Dampier's final year is not guaranteed based on incentives. Functionally he has a $12.1 million expiring contract. Equally the Mavericks continue to shop Jerry Stackhouse whose $7.2 million contract has just $2 million guaranteed.
With $19.3 million in contracts to send out, Dallas would be in a good position to land an impact player needing a new home. That list might include players like Amar'e Stoudemire, Rip Hamilton, Jason Richardson or Carlos Boozer.

Of course Gortat probably wouldn't be happy if pushed to the bench by Stoudemire or Boozer but by then he'd have signed his contract (tough business as it is).

Kidd's flirtation with New York stems from a belief that he could help draw LeBron James as a free agent in 2010.

The Mavericks, having given up Devin Harris to acquire Kidd from the New Jersey Nets, simply can't afford to let their veteran point guard go.

Expect the decision to be announced after the July 4th weekend.

Ariza was Plan A: With the Los Angeles Laker boldly agreeing to terms with forward Ron Artest, General Manager Mitch Kupchak has landed a player the team has been itching to acquire since he was in Indiana.

The cost was the well-liked Trevor Ariza, who has agreed to sign an MLE deal with the Houston Rockets (~$32.3 million).

A source tells HOOPSWORLD that Kupchak was prepared to give Ariza an offer equivalent to the full MLE but at 10.5% raises, totaling at approximately $33.8 million over five years.

LA's ceiling might have been a $6 million starting salary for $36 million over five but before negotiations progressed after 9:00pm Pacific on Tuesday night, the source says that Ariza's agent, David Lee, took a confrontational approach with Kupchak.

Lee wanted a deal in the $50 million range and took offense to the team's stance that Trevor should test the market first for that level of compensation.

By the next morning, the Lakers were going after Artest in full force with Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom and even Magic Johnson reaching out to the Houston forward.

LA was acknowledging privately that Ariza was going down the path of Ronny Turiaf, a player the team had great affection for and wanted to keep but couldn't because of economics.

Ariza's agent ended up settling for significantly less money with the Rockets, at least based on the expectations he presented to Kupchak.

By getting a raise greater than 20% (he earned $3.1 million last season), Ariza's contract has Base Year Compensation (BYC) status which is a technical term that indicates he's difficult to trade. Should the Lakers and Rockets want to do a dual sign and trade with Ariza and Artest, Trevor being BYC makes that extremely difficult and quite unlikely.

While letting Trevor Ariza go was a difficult decision for the team, Kupchak reacted quickly. Taking advantage of Houston's misfortune with Yao Ming's foot injury possibly taking him out for an entire year, the Laker GM quickly turned to Plan B.

Artest adds a level of intimidation to the Lakers that was sorely needed.

Winning the title helped rid the team of the "soft" label but sources close to the team have acknowledged that the Lakers got the best draw of three possible opponents in the NBA Finals.

Matchup up against the Orlando Magic, it was finesse vs. finesse. While the Cleveland Cavaliers may have had their flaws, they would have been a more difficult out than Orlando.

Against a healthy Boston Celtics squad . . . some confidence but mild trepidation. Of course Kevin Garnett was out for the postseason and Boston was never the threat they were a year ago.

The bottom line is that the Lakers felt getting tougher was a good thing.

Artest has his flaws but he's a physically dominating player on both ends who can free up Kobe Bryant from tougher defensive assignments. The belief is that Coach Phil Jackson along with Bryant will be able to keep the volatile Artest in check and focused on his first title.

Ariza was blossoming into that role but in Artest LA gets a ready-made product. There were some fears that Trevor's production, especially as a three-point shooter, could taper off after signing a long-term contract.

The Lakers intend to re-sign both Lamar Odom and Shannon Brown to round out the roster. Odom hasn't drawn much interest beyond the MLE.

While it's not clear what price he'll agree to, LA had established Lamar as a priority over Ariza before the offseason began simply because there were more readily available options to replace Trevor (Artest).

Once Artest is signed, the team will have almost $82 million in guaranteed salaries which could total $93.5 million with luxury taxes. Whatever Odom and Brown are paid, assuming they both return, will cost the Lakers double in tax.
Negotiations with Odom are ongoing. Expect his representatives to protest as well at what the Lakers are offering but Lamar may not find much more than Ariza got in Houston on the open market.

If Odom is penciled in at $6.5 million (only a guesstimate) and Brown at $1 million, the team's total payroll would be $108 million for the upcoming season.

The most that the Lakers can sign Brown for without using a portion of their MLE or their Bi-Annual Exception ($1.99 million) would be $837k.

Certainly Kupchak will look to trim off players like Adam Morrison, Sasha Vujacic and possibly even Jordan Farmar to get that number under $100 million if he can.

While negotiations with Odom could drag, it would appear that team owner Dr. Jerry Buss is willing to pay for team's opportunity to win now.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:52 PM   #3594
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Quote:
I'd beat a guy to a few inches from death and then pick him up and drive him to the hospital and sit by his bedside until he recovered for Rudy Fernandez.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:15 PM   #3595
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Fernandez is a good option, if (and I hope) Jet is traded
Old 07-03-2009, 04:21 PM   #3596
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

yes i'd be down for getting Rudy in here. He's a solid player.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #3597
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

The Blazers now have four small forwards: Batum, Webster, Outlaw and Turkoglu, along with No. 1 draft choice Claver. They also have a couple of strong 2 guards in Roy and Fernandez. Too bad Dallas doesn't have a spare point to trade to them, because they really need a point guard.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:41 PM   #3598
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Let's trade Barea for Outlaw and Roy. Duh.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #3599
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Let's trade Barea for Outlaw and Roy. Duh.
too bad salaries don't match up
Old 07-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #3600
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

I just realized something

If we run a 3 guard lineup that looks something like this:

G - Kidd
G - Barea
G - Carroll
F - Dirk
C - Gortat

Then we'd have 5 white guys on the floor at the same time.

Isn't that crazy?
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bea > drew > erick, bea arthur could ball, bea arthur has balls, biedrins for the wins, boobsftw, damn bucksuckshot, flaco's purple nipples, mc pee pants?, oliwa?candy, ostertagtag?, tweetweet, who is this mcpants?