Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #3601
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace would combine to make $129M over the next four seasons...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #3602
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace would combine to make $129M over the next four seasons...
MJ made 90 for his career.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #3603
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

It's nice that this Gerald Wallace deal got done so quickly. It should be a good selling point for when the Mavs FO meets with DW tomorrow.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #3604
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, after thinking about it some more, Dallas really does look to me like they're playing to win the Deron sweepstakes, and to do it in a way that will set them up to have cap room again next year to add a third big name player. The mere fact that they're approaching it this way gives me hope.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #3605
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
You could buy the Bobcats for that kind of money.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #3606
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Okay, after thinking about it some more, Dallas really does look to me like they're playing to win the Deron sweepstakes, and to do it in a way that will set them up to have cap room again next year to add a third big name player. The mere fact that they're approaching it this way gives me hope.
No disagreeing with the evaluation, but how do you tackle it if they play to win but lose?
Old 07-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #3607
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
No disagreeing with the evaluation, but how do you tackle it if they play to win but lose?
I just hope they've chosen the right ordering of their backup plans and laid the groundwork on each. I'd personally be very on board with a two-year offer to Nash in the neighborhood of 12 per. I'm not at all confident that would lead naturally to a grand slam three-star future, but Steve's game has held up so remarkably well that there's really less separating him and Deron than most people seem to think, IMO. And there may be ways of structuring such an acquisition that'd put Dallas in a better position than they'd otherwise be in if they landed Deron to field a contender next year. If Steve's worth 5 mil per less than Deron it's only because of his age, and for only two years he's arguably, in the abstract, a better buy.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 07-01-2012 at 12:54 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #3608
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Hilarious...

The Brooklyn Nets are close to giving Deron Williams another reason to re-sign….or a reason to leave. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! sports reports in a tweet that The Nets and Atlanta Hawks are close to a deal that would send Joe Johnson to Brooklyn, and that a decision should be reached at some point today.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

Last edited by roadrunner; 07-01-2012 at 01:02 PM.
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #3609
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I just hope they've chosen the right ordering of their backup plans and laid the groundwork on each. I'd personally be very on board with a two-year offer to Nash in the neighborhood of 12 per. I'm not at all confident that would lead naturally to a grand slam three-star future, but Steve's game has held up so remarkably well that there's really less separating him and Deron than most people seem to think, IMO. And there may be ways of structuring such an acquisition that'd put Dallas in a better position than they'd otherwise be in if they landed Deron to field a contender next year. If Steve's worth 5 mil per less than Deron it's only because of his age, and for only two years he's arguably, in the abstract, a better buy.
You think Nash turns down 3/36 from Toronto to take 2/24 from the Mavs?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #3610
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
Hilarious...

The Brooklyn Nets are close to giving Deron Williams another reason to re-sign….or a reason to leave. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! sports reports in a tweet that The Nets and Atlanta Hawks are close to a deal that would send Joe Johnson to Brooklyn, and that a decision should be reached at some point today.
I'm really hoping that Deron understands the importance of asset management versus asset retardation.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #3611
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

What do the Nets have to offer for Joe Johnson?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #3612
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
You think Nash turns down 3/36 from Toronto to take 2/24 from the Mavs?
It wouldn't be an easy sell, and they might have to stretch the per year dollars a touch to seal it, but in general, yes, I think Nash would take a shorter term deal if he felt like it meant a legit chance to contend for the next two years with Dirk, and to play for a team that really believed in his ability to bring them up into contention. I may be wrong. It's only based on a feel I got from the Stein article. But that's my take on it.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #3613
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'm really hoping that Deron understands the importance of asset management versus asset retardation.
He certainly seems like a smart enough guy to see that.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Old 07-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #3614
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

I hope we get Deron. If that happens, I am in the minority of people that DOES NOT want Dwight Howard. I don't care how good he is. He's a head case and makes "The Decision" look like ginger beer. I like the idea of Dirk and DWill, but I'm not sold on Dwight, his fragile ego and chronic back problems. How could you not label someone like that a locker room a cancer? Let's hope he goes to LA to be Kobe's bitch. As talented as he his, I wonder how his ego would work with our chemistry.

Last edited by howdoesmydirktaste; 07-01-2012 at 01:15 PM.
howdoesmydirktaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #3615
roadrunner
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
What do the Nets have to offer for Joe Johnson?
The most important thing they can give them is cap space relief. As for players, not much, maybe draft picks.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:16 PM   #3616
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

Quote:
Hilarious...

This is so bizarre...I never thought the Johnson contract will ever be move.

It smells like desperation to me
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:18 PM   #3617
howdoesmydirktaste

howdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud ofhowdoesmydirktaste has much to be proud of

Quote:
The most important thing they can give them is cap space relief. As for players, not much, maybe draft picks.
Wouldn't the contract of Johnson, Wallace and DWill suffocate the Nets financially? I could have sworn that the Johnson contract raised some eyebrows as far as whether or not the Hawks overpaid.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:28 PM   #3618
roadrunner
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdoesmydirktaste View Post
Wouldn't the contract of Johnson, Wallace and DWill suffocate the Nets financially? I could have sworn that the Johnson contract raised some eyebrows as far as whether or not the Hawks overpaid.
/

Yeah, it does suffocate the Nets financially. As many have pointed out this is a laughable front office move for them.

For the Hawks, this would be a great move to rid themselves of the albatross of the JJ contract so they can concentrate on rebuilding in a financially responsible way in the new CBA

Old 07-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #3619
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
adding DWill/Johnson/Wallace would put em over the cap for the next 4 years unless they traded away some of their players to get Johnson. They'd have very little flexibility.

When Lopez came up for a new contract, they'd exceed the cap but probably not hit the tax threshold.'

Still, over the next few years that would be a decent group. I'm not sure you could say that Dallas would offer a better chance at success.

Lopez/Petro
??????
Wallace
Johnson/Morrow
Deron/ Farmar

vs

??????/??????
Dirk/Wright
Marion/Carter
??????/Jones
Deron/Roddy/Cunningham

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-01-2012 at 01:35 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #3620
howdoesmydirktaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
adding DWill/Johnson/Wallace would put em over the cap for the next 4 years unless they traded away some of their players to get Johnson. They'd have very little flexibility.

When Lopez came up for a new contract, they'd exceed the cap but probably not hit the tax threshold.'

Still, over the next few years that would be a decent group. I'm not sure you could say that Dallas would offer a better chance at success.

Lopez/Petro
??????
Wallace
Johnson/Morrow
Deron/ Farmar

vs

??????/??????
Dirk/Wright
Marion/Carter
??????/Jones
Deron/Roddy/Cunningham
I don't know. I think even Joe Johnson knows he's overpaid. That's what Dirk is getting paid. At the end of the day I don't see why Deron would take that Nets line up with that front office and coach over ours.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #3621
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I think it'll end up being Deron/Dirk and Johnson/Wallace/Dwight

Contact Me
Old 07-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #3622
howdoesmydirktaste

It would be cool if we got DWill and Hibbert.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #3623
roadrunner
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Thats a good point, I was wondering if JJ is just serving 2 purposes. One to pair with DW but also as a contingency if DW goes to Dallas then they can use that slot of money to trade or just sign DH outright next year. Of course, FA DH might come to Dallas at that point

Last edited by roadrunner; 07-01-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #3624
greensborohill

greensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Then Dwight's an idiot on top of being a wishy-washy wussy
Old 07-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #3625
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Lopez/Petro
??????
Wallace
Johnson/Morrow
Deron/ Farmar

vs

??????/??????
Dirk/Wright
Marion/Carter
??????/Jones
Deron/Roddy/Cunningham
Lopez is due for a contract. The nets team you have configured is about 70 mil.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #3626
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you add Lopez to that and its pretty one-sided.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #3627
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensborohill View Post
Then Dwight's an idiot on top of being a wishy-washy wussy
Dwight isn't going to Brooklyn for basketball reasons... isn't that obvious?

Contact Me
Old 07-01-2012, 02:03 PM   #3628
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you add Lopez to that and its pretty one-sided.
Doesn't work numbers wise. Not close.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #3629
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

Quote:
It would be cool if we got DWill and Hibbert.
Trailblazers making a play for Hibbert, 4/58.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...r_roy_hib.html

Quote:
It's just to make Indy have to pay the max since everyone knows they are matching.
Indeed.

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG

Last edited by GhostFace; 07-01-2012 at 02:26 PM.
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #3630
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Trailblazers making a play for Hibbert, 4/58.

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...r_roy_hib.html
It's just to make Indy have to pay the max since everyone knows they are matching.

Contact Me
Old 07-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #3631
bobbyfg7

bobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to beholdbobbyfg7 is a splendid one to behold

This is interesting.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...n-in-the-stars

If Marion is traded, could Howard be back?

Jeff Caplan is on it today:
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...illiams-is-out

Not really a surprise but it's interesting to see Nash is ready to listen should the Williams thing not happen.
“They gotta come through Texas first. We’ll see what happens. I’m still mad about the ’06 Finals. LeBron just walked into a fire he doesn’t know about.” - JET (said at the beginning of the '10-'11 season)
bobbyfg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #3632
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

What exactly is the reasoning for Dwight wanting to be in Brooklyn: Is it the huge market or the belief he would be playing with Deron?
Old 07-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #3633
alby
Guru

Big market.

Contact Me
Old 07-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #3634
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Magic start shopping Dwight Howard; talk to Lakers

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #3635
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
What exactly is the reasoning for Dwight wanting to be in Brooklyn: Is it the huge market or the belief he would be playing with Deron?
Market, Deron, face o' the franchise, timing of the move to Brooklyn, I'm sure all that's in there. It's hard for me to believe that it's not at least 50% hissy fit, though; he's just so damn irrational.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #3636
BGMaverick9
Guru

I guess, in theory, Brooklyn could be bracing themselves with a loss of Deron by going for Joe Johnson or OJ Mayo as a placeholder as they make a run for Dwight. They could be doing that either through waiting the year out or via trade.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #3637
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

So the Nets are expressing interest in Eric Gordon. They also met with Deron already. Makes me think they're not all that confident about Deron staying...
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #3638
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

NetsDaily has decided that what's REALLY in the works from all-world GM Billy King is a multiteam deal where the Nets get both Dwight Howard and Joe Johnson, meanwhile sending out only Brook Lopez (who would have to agree to the trade), MarShon Brooks, and picks.

Old 07-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #3639
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFTR View Post
So the Nets are expressing interest in Eric Gordon. They also met with Deron already. Makes me think they're not all that confident about Deron staying...
Gordon is the fallback option.

Appears the Nets/Joe stuff is hitting a snag
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...de-sources-say

They're worried about the financial commitment (really?). It's a move they want to make WITH Deron on board. Brooklyn wants to send everything they've got under contract, minus Wallace, for Joe.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #3640
LonghornDub

From Stein re the Joe Johnson deal. Bolded part most important:

Quote:
Nets trying to get Joe Johnson
Updated: July 1, 2012, 4:41 PM ET
By Marc Stein and Chad Ford | ESPN.com

The Brooklyn Nets and Hawks are engaged in ongoing talks on a multiplayer deal that would send several expiring contracts to the Atlanta for All-Star guard Joe Johnson, according to sources briefed on the discussions.

But sources told ESPN.com that the Nets fear that they'll be surrendering too much financial flexibility in the trade as currently structured, which has placed the deal in jeopardy.

Another big stumbling block, sources said, is Atlanta's insistence that Brooklyn include promising Nets guard MarShon Brooks in the trade.

Sources say that the Nets, furthermore, will only go ahead with this trade if they know that Deron Williams -- this summer's No. 1 free agent -- has verbally committed to re-signing with Brooklyn.

The most recent proposal, sources said, would call for the Nets to send the expiring contracts of Jordan Farmar, Johan Petro, Anthony Morrow and Jordan Williams to the Hawks in exchange for Johnson.

Sources say that the Nets, though, would prefer to complete a deal with the Hawks by including at least one of their free agents via sign-and-trade -- most likely Gerald Green -- and by hanging onto to one or two of the aforementioned expiring contracts.

If the Nets can convince the Hawks to take on Green or perhaps Kris Humphries in a sign-and-trade, it would allow them to stay over the salary cap and keep their mid-level exception to sign an additional free agent. Sources say that the Nets have serious interest in Bosnian free-agent forward Mirza Teletovic to add additional frontcourt depth.

Nets Blog
Looking for more information on the Nets? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

The teams are trying to work through those issues as well as the Hawks' insistence on Brooks to see if a trade can be consummated. The Nets, after months of unsuccessfully chasing Orlando Magic star Dwight Howard via trade, are trying to acquire another top player to convince Williams to choose Brooklyn over Dallas in free agency when Williams makes his decision in the next few days.

"There's talk," one source said of the trade negotiations, "but it's not there yet."

Johnson, 31, has four years and more than $90 million left on the richest contract in the NBA. But Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov is apparently prepared to take on Johnson's hefty deal if he knows that it will clinch the re-signing of Williams to ensure that the Nets have a marquee star when they move into the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn in the fall.

Teletovic is a 6-foot-9, 250-pound forward with shooting range who averaged 21.7 points and six rebounds for Caja Laboral in the Euroleague last season. He recently reached a 2 million Euros buyout with his Spanish club in June so that he could play in the NBA this upcoming season.
So we should know if they finish off this deal that Dallas isn't getting Deron.

Tags
awesome to think of, colonystateofmind, death knells, delusional1234, deroff, git'erdonecubes, i have a dream, markus123no, michael reddish?, my ass bleeds for tyson, never happen dumbazz, oilfieldva-jay-jay, sard's sources outta @ss, shark tank for dwight, tank for dwight