Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #3681
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

I was at the scrimmage today at the ACC, lots of fun. The crowd went nuts when Rick announced Tyson, we gave him a standing ovation. But the players that really impressed me were Parsons and Aminu. Parsons is very good at moving without the ball to get himself open, like Dirk's been saying. He was also knocking down some long range shots. Aminu has a lot more offensive ability than I realized. He can surprising put the ball on the ground fairly well, and looks like he added some range. Also Jameer and Villinueva looked solid.

But after the scrimmage the players were signing stuff and throwing it out to the crowd... and Felton signed his sweaty jersey and threw it to me. It smells like straight body odor haha, but it was pretty cool getting that. Then Dirk signed a bunch of little papers and threw them out to the crowd, I got 2 of them. I almost had to wrestle it away from someone, I wasn't gonna let go of it lol It was a lot of fun though, it got me so pumped for the season. 3 more days til the first preseason game
Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2014, 07:45 PM   #3682
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
I was at the scrimmage today at the ACC, lots of fun. The crowd went nuts when Rick announced Tyson, we gave him a standing ovation. But the players that really impressed me were Parsons and Aminu. Parsons is very good at moving without the ball to get himself open, like Dirk's been saying. He was also knocking down some long range shots. Aminu has a lot more offensive ability than I realized. He can surprising put the ball on the ground fairly well, and looks like he added some range. Also Jameer and Villinueva looked solid.

But after the scrimmage the players were signing stuff and throwing it out to the crowd... and Felton signed his sweaty jersey and threw it to me. It smells like straight body odor haha, but it was pretty cool getting that. Then Dirk signed a bunch of little papers and threw them out to the crowd, I got 2 of them. I almost had to wrestle it away from someone, I wasn't gonna let go of it lol It was a lot of fun though, it got me so pumped for the season. 3 more days til the first preseason game
Wow, great stuff!

Does Felton's jersey smell like B.O. because he was working his ass off, or did it permeate from his fat rolls as he sat on his ass?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 10-04-2014 at 10:04 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 08:12 PM   #3683
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Vinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant futureVinsanity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Wow, great stuff!

Does Felton's jersey smell like B.O. because he was working his ass off, or did it permeate from his fat roles as he sat on his ass?
Probably a little of both. But speaking of his fat roles... guess what size jersey he was wearing?.... Xtra Large lol
Old 10-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #3684
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future
Talking Tyson Chandler's Punchout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfWsxE1nTxg

old vid from 3-4 years ago... thought it was worth a repost as we're gearing up for the season.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:41 PM   #3685
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfWsxE1nTxg

old vid from 3-4 years ago... thought it was worth a repost as we're gearing up for the season.
Brought me to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_2PsQYaPEw

which I like a lot better. Going to be good having a shotblocker.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 09:19 AM   #3686
ffballer

ffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

lol i envy you so much(in the good way though) did eric griffin, gal and ricky ledo took part of the scrimmage?
ffballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:59 AM   #3687
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffballer View Post
lol i envy you so much(in the good way though) did eric griffin, gal and ricky ledo took part of the scrimmage?
Griffin and Ledo were there, Mekel apparently wasn't there because of some holiday in his home country. But Griffin was making some sick dunks during the drills/warm ups, didn't do much in the scrimmage. Ledo looked solid in the scrimmage, he made some threes. Both guys would probably get some minutes on other teams, but this Mavs squad is too deep. I don't think we see either guy on the floor much this season.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #3688
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is out tomorrow for the opener (hip contusion).
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #3689
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Kante; 10-06-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #3690
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
Dirk is out tomorrow for the opener (hip contusion).
It'll be even better to beat the Rockettes without Dirk. Let Parsons drop 30 on them.

But in reality, Rick won't let the Rockets see anything good. Most likely we'll see Parsons/Chandler/Ellis all limited to 18-20 minutes and lots of minutes for Ledo, Aminu, and Smith.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:14 PM   #3691
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder who starts at power forward. Aminu? Wright? Parsons?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:14 PM   #3692
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Old 10-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #3693
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Charlie?

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 10-06-2014 at 03:36 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:43 PM   #3694
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Charlie?
A good way to earn a spot if he plays well.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #3695
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Is Dirk really hurt, or is this just a game they're playing with Houston's heads? It's hard to tell when you know the two teams have a rivalry. Also it's the preseason, and they need to find out what Charlie Villanueva has to offer them. You might as well start him. After Charlie gets some minutes I hope they give Aminu, Wright, and Smith minutes at the 4. I want to get an idea of what they can do as backups.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:54 PM   #3696
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

NVE joining Najera as coach for the Legends.

14-15 Legends have me fondly remembering the 02-03 Mavs.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:51 PM   #3697
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
NVE joining Najera as coach for the Legends.

14-15 Legends have me fondly remembering the 02-03 Mavs.
Interesting. He's had NBA jobs for the last few years. Another reclamation project?
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:09 PM   #3698
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Is Dirk really hurt, or is this just a game they're playing with Houston's heads? It's hard to tell when you know the two teams have a rivalry. Also it's the preseason, and they need to find out what Charlie Villanueva has to offer them. You might as well start him. After Charlie gets some minutes I hope they give Aminu, Wright, and Smith minutes at the 4. I want to get an idea of what they can do as backups.
Carlisle said it isn't serious. He's probably just sitting out for precautionary reasons.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:22 PM   #3699
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Guessing that in every pre-season game other than maybe the last, we'll have someone out with some "injury." Carlisle loves to sit guys to see what he has from other guys and only go with the core squad at the last minute.

My guess is that Chandler is out for the Thunder with a "hamstring"

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-06-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:04 PM   #3700
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Carlisle said it isn't serious. He's probably just sitting out for precautionary reasons.
That's good news. Thanks for the head's up!
Old 10-06-2014, 11:40 PM   #3701
Floppy

Floppy is a glorious beacon of lightFloppy is a glorious beacon of lightFloppy is a glorious beacon of lightFloppy is a glorious beacon of lightFloppy is a glorious beacon of lightFloppy is a glorious beacon of lightFloppy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post

Charlie V or Parsons with Aminu at SF
Floppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:15 AM   #3702
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

wrong board

Last edited by NeedlesKane; 10-07-2014 at 12:16 AM.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:17 PM   #3703
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Houston fans keepin it classy.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:18 PM   #3704
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Lol.... "Fat Erica"....
Old 10-07-2014, 11:20 PM   #3705
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Hilarious that a troll would say Ariza is better than Parsons. If you're sincerely going by this preseason game then Tyson Chandler >>>>>>>>>>> Howard.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 10-07-2014 at 11:21 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:23 PM   #3706
Vinsanity
Golden Member

How can almost an entire fan base act like that? It boggles my mind. Every team has it's poor fans but it seems like the majority of Houston fans (Rockets or Texans) are completely irrational and delusional. I'll never understand.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:55 PM   #3707
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How can almost an entire fan base act like that? It boggles my mind. Every team has it's poor fans but it seems like the majority of Houston fans (Rockets or Texans) are completely irrational and delusional. I'll never understand.
Parsons made Rockets fans high-gear from "suck" to "blow"... Cubes/Dallas is in Morey/Houston's head.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:21 AM   #3708
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think it is the result of going so long without winning a big one. Dallas has a Mavs championship from '11, recent Rangers trips to the World Series and 3 Cowboys rings from dominating the 90's. Houston has Hakeem's 2 from the years MJ played baseball, and the haunting nightmare of Bum Phillips still banging on that door. They want to win so badly, so seeing the Rox take a step backwards is bad...seeing it happen because of Dallas is making them crazy-er.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:56 AM   #3709
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

And Morey has to bring in grandpa Hakeem everytime he wants to pitch some "Championship blabla" to a FA...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:56 AM   #3710
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

And Morey has to bring in grandpa Hakeem everytime he wants to pitch some "Championship blabla" to a FA...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #3711
bunkmoreland

bunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to beholdbunkmoreland is a splendid one to behold

I was sitting in the 200s and there were a row or 2 of obnoxious Rockets fans down in the floor stands behind the basket. They screamed ROCKETS during the national anthem. They did the brick wave when Mavs shot FT's and held up two fingers on each hand when the Rockets shot FT's.
Not nearly as bad, though as a few games I've been to when the Lakers are in town and half the AAC seems to be wearing purple and gold.
bunkmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:33 PM   #3712
ffballer

ffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to beholdffballer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkmoreland View Post
I was sitting in the 200s and there were a row or 2 of obnoxious Rockets fans down in the floor stands behind the basket. They screamed ROCKETS during the national anthem. They did the brick wave when Mavs shot FT's and held up two fingers on each hand when the Rockets shot FT's.
Not nearly as bad, though as a few games I've been to when the Lakers are in town and half the AAC seems to be wearing purple and gold.
if the nba d be like basketball at europe the hooligans behind the baskets would kick their lame asses, it seems that basketball fans brawls are over(they are safe and sound at football though lol)
ffballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 04:37 AM   #3713
Kante
Diamond Member

Dirk MAY play on Sunday, per RC.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:37 AM   #3714
Kante
Diamond Member

Last edited by Kante; 10-10-2014 at 04:38 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:09 PM   #3715
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Rockets fans on ClutchFans have already come to the conclusion that Ariza is officially better than Parsons after the first preseason game.

I love their fans.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:09 PM   #3716
Vinsanity
Golden Member

Last edited by Vinsanity; 10-10-2014 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:23 PM   #3717
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Ellis taking his turn to be "pre-season injured"

Tonight: no Dirk, no Monta
Sunday: no Monta, no chandler?
Friday: Chandler's time to sit?
Saturday: first full-team game?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-10-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:32 PM   #3718
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Lance Stephenson almost joined the Dallas Mavericks this past summer, according to Bleacher Report's Jared Zwerling.

By the weekend of July 11, both sides had verbally committed to a two-year contract worth slightly more than Stephenson's eventual deal with the Hornets, according to Ebanks. But Dallas was in a holding pattern; the Houston Rockets first had to match Chandler Parsons' Mavericks offer, or it wouldn't happen.

"It was a domino effect," Ebanks said. "Dallas did not think that Houston was going to let Parsons walk. Lance was very close to being a member of the Mavericks. When you're a little further along into free agency, people are more in the position to pull the trigger when they see what they're looking for."

This news comes just days after we learned that the Cleveland Cavaliers had told Chandler Parsons he was "their guy" if they didn't sign LeBron James. Both of these stories illustrate how chaotic July is for free agents and front offices.

I gave the Hornets a B+ for their offseason, as landing Stephenson for three years and $27.4 million was a great move. Their summer would look completely different, though, if Chris Bosh had done what everybody had expected and signed with Houston. If this account is accurate, then the Rockets would have kept Parsons, Stephenson would have become a Maverick and Charlotte would have been left with few other options to improve the roster. The Hornets should send Bosh a thank-you card.

I would say the Mavs should also send Bosh a thank you card. Rather have Parsons than Stephenson.http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...in-free-agency
Old 10-10-2014, 05:29 PM   #3719
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Lance Stephenson almost joined the Dallas Mavericks this past summer, according to Bleacher Report's Jared Zwerling.

By the weekend of July 11, both sides had verbally committed to a two-year contract worth slightly more than Stephenson's eventual deal with the Hornets, according to Ebanks. But Dallas was in a holding pattern; the Houston Rockets first had to match Chandler Parsons' Mavericks offer, or it wouldn't happen.

"It was a domino effect," Ebanks said. "Dallas did not think that Houston was going to let Parsons walk. Lance was very close to being a member of the Mavericks. When you're a little further along into free agency, people are more in the position to pull the trigger when they see what they're looking for."

This news comes just days after we learned that the Cleveland Cavaliers had told Chandler Parsons he was "their guy" if they didn't sign LeBron James. Both of these stories illustrate how chaotic July is for free agents and front offices.

I gave the Hornets a B+ for their offseason, as landing Stephenson for three years and $27.4 million was a great move. Their summer would look completely different, though, if Chris Bosh had done what everybody had expected and signed with Houston. If this account is accurate, then the Rockets would have kept Parsons, Stephenson would have become a Maverick and Charlotte would have been left with few other options to improve the roster. The Hornets should send Bosh a thank-you card.

I would say the Mavs should also send Bosh a thank you card. Rather have Parsons than Stephenson.http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...in-free-agency
Really glad things turned out the way they did. Stephenson is good and would at least defensively make up for Ellis to make for a solid backcourt, but I have a lot of concerns about him.

Still, nice to hear that not one, but two big-name FAs wanted to be here.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:40 PM   #3720
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed that we're better off with Parsons than we would have been with Stephenson.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
double post double post