Pretty darn excited. I plan to make some time to watch games and cheer 8 47.06%
Cautiously excited. Let's see how we come out of the gates 2 11.76%
Suspicious. I want to see some good things before I will care. 0 0%
Not excited at all. 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2021, 10:44 PM   #3841
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Goran Dragic is going to be a Maverick sooner or later, per Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report. The latest comment was said on his live show on the Halftime App.

According to Reddit user nonbiasednbafan, the exact quote from Fischer was “All my sources around the league have told me they expect Goran Dragic to be bought out by the Toronto Raptors and swiftly sign with the Dallas Mavericks.”

This follows up a Luka Doncic social media post from Tuesday with Dragic
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2021, 10:44 PM   #3842
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by BPo001; 09-02-2021 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:48 PM   #3843
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Goran Dragic is going to be a Maverick sooner or later, per Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report. The latest comment was said on his live show on the Halftime App.

According to Reddit user nonbiasednbafan, the exact quote from Fischer was “All my sources around the league have told me they expect Goran Dragic to be bought out by the Toronto Raptors and swiftly sign with the Dallas Mavericks.”

This follows up a Luka Doncic social media post from Tuesday with Dragic
Was this said today or days ago? I can't keep up with all of the Dragic will be here rumors that never turn into him actually being here.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 02:54 AM   #3844
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Who is the most likely player to be leave the Mavericks? I'm guessing Trey Burke. I am just wondering what route they'd go to make it happen.
Old 09-03-2021, 07:43 AM   #3845
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Was this said today or days ago? I can't keep up with all of the Dragic will be here rumors that never turn into him actually being here.
Article I found was Sept 2

https://clutchpoints.com/mavs-rumors...cic-in-dallas/
Old 09-03-2021, 09:27 AM   #3846
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, if we somehow get Dragic, then I'd be content with this offseason. We NEED a guy like him to weather a Luka injury (knock wood). It's just a simple necessity.

Old 09-03-2021, 05:02 PM   #3847
thewizard

thewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to all

Onu being waived. I guess one of the vet guards we worked out will get the last training camp spot. Any guesses? I say Isaiah Thomas.

https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/14...279848961?s=19
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 05:03 PM   #3848
thewizard

thewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to all

Last edited by thewizard; 09-03-2021 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-03-2021, 06:52 PM   #3849
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I mean, if we somehow get Dragic, then I'd be content with this offseason. We NEED a guy like him to weather a Luka injury (knock wood). It's just a simple necessity.
A lineup of Luka, THJ, Dragic, KP, and Saddiq Bey would be pretty formidable to finish close games.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 10:12 PM   #3850
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
A lineup of Luka, THJ, Dragic, KP, and Saddiq Bey would be pretty formidable to finish close games.
There will be no close games though. Mavs blowing everybody out!
Old 09-04-2021, 01:11 AM   #3851
BPo001
Diamond Member

Jordan Schultz: Contrary to reports, sources tell me Goran Dragic will NOT sign with the #Mavs. Furthermore, I’m also told the #Raptors and Dragic have yet to even entertain talks of a buyout. Dragic, 35, earned Third-Team All-NBA honors and the league’s Most Improved Player in 2014. – via Twitter Schultz_Report
Old 09-04-2021, 01:12 AM   #3852
BPo001
Diamond Member

Adrian Wojnarowski: Upon formal completion of a buyout with the Detroit Pistons, center DeAndre Jordan intends to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell ESPN. Jordan would have to first clear waivers to become a free agent. – via Twitter wojespn

Lakers basically have a roster of former All Stars.

Last edited by BPo001; 09-04-2021 at 01:14 AM.
Old 09-04-2021, 10:20 AM   #3853
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewizard View Post
Onu being waived. I guess one of the vet guards we worked out will get the last training camp spot. Any guesses? I say Isaiah Thomas.

https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/14...279848961?s=19
Can’t fit a 4+ year player into the 16th/17th roster spot. Those are two-ways only unless we can somehow downgrade Green or Terry to two-way
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 11:03 AM   #3854
thewizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Can’t fit a 4+ year player into the 16th/17th roster spot. Those are two-ways only unless we can somehow downgrade Green or Terry to two-way
I didn't say two way. I was referring to the open training camp spot. You can sign anyone you want to a non-guaranteed camp deal. We waived Onu who was taking one of those spots, now we have one spot left even with Omoruyi and McLaughlin taking both two ways. If we wanted someone like Thomas to make the final roster then yes we would have to waive or trade someone like Terry or Burke. But we're free to take him into training camp right now if we want to.
Old 09-04-2021, 11:46 AM   #3855
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Waive Burke for IT seems about no brainer as it gets. Hell I'd have no second thoughts about waving him for Monte either.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 12:10 PM   #3856
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I think Burke's biggest issue is that he is a 2 guard in a pg's body which we basically already have in Brunson.

We need a PG that can run the team properly when Luka is on the bench. Key.

Old 09-04-2021, 12:10 PM   #3857
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

I think Burke's biggest issue is that he is a 2 guard in a pg's body which we basically already have in Brunson.

Old 09-04-2021, 05:46 PM   #3858
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I tend to agree. Burke is fine and just as likely better than those other guys listed. I wouldn’t be sad to see him go but he’s perfectly serviceable.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 06:48 PM   #3859
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I tend to agree. Burke is fine and just as likely better than those other guys listed. I wouldn’t be sad to see him go but he’s perfectly serviceable.
Burke is the perfect insurance guard imo.
I agree, if we have to include him in a package to land a better player like Dragic I'm all for moving him. Then we can sign someone like IT, Stephenson or Ellis to fill that roll.
But cutting Burke and signing one of those guys to replace him would seem like a lateral move at best to me.

Last edited by rimrocker; 09-04-2021 at 06:50 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 01:21 AM   #3860
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Burke is the perfect insurance guard imo.
I agree, if we have to include him in a package to land a better player like Dragic I'm all for moving him. Then we can sign someone like IT, Stephenson or Ellis to fill that roll.
But cutting Burke and signing one of those guys to replace him would seem like a lateral move at best to me.
Yes indeed. I think he had trouble getting in a rhythm without consistent PT but he is a fine insurance guard. And as much as I want Dragic here, I’m glad they (seemingly) aren’t giving up a good pick for him.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 09:58 AM   #3861
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Yes indeed. I think he had trouble getting in a rhythm without consistent PT but he is a fine insurance guard. And as much as I want Dragic here, I’m glad they (seemingly) aren’t giving up a good pick for him.
Yeah, Burke seemed to be more effective when he was filling in for Brunson than when he played with him.

Last edited by rimrocker; 09-05-2021 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:46 AM   #3862
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Yogi Ferrell waived by Clips
Old 09-06-2021, 10:53 AM   #3863
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Yogi Ferrell waived by Clips
Old 09-08-2021, 08:43 PM   #3864
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Will someone please shut those crickets the fuck up?!
Old 09-09-2021, 12:11 AM   #3865
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

19 days to camp.

That’ll do it

Although I do think DM is walking around downtown Dallas with an “end is nigh” sign
Old 09-09-2021, 05:55 PM   #3866
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Things will pick up closer to camp and preseason. Twitter is straight up garbage with casual and low BBIQ takes. People will once again want to go where they can have more in depth Mavs talk. The word limit is always going to be a hurdle for debate.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:02 PM   #3867
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Things will pick up closer to camp and preseason. Twitter is straight up garbage with casual and low BBIQ takes. People will once again want to go where they can have more in depth Mavs talk. The word limit is always going to be a hurdle for debate.
And the only thing to talk about right now is whether Luka is working out or when we're getting Dragic which it kinda shocks me that people still think we are. If Toronto isn't buying him out, and there are no indications they will, then he isn't coming here. Yet it keeps going in articles that the "Mavs are confident" in getting him schtick. K.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 09-09-2021 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-09-2021, 10:28 PM   #3868
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
And the only thing to talk about right now is whether Luka is working out or when we're getting Dragic which it kinda shocks me that people still think we are. If Toronto isn't buying him out, and there are no indications they will, then he isn't coming here. Yet it keeps going in articles that the "Mavs are confident" in getting him schtick. K.
It's a bonus if we end up with him. No sweat off my back if we don't. They shouldn't be in a spot where the season hinges on Dragic. There was a whole offseason to sort out that role.

Old 09-10-2021, 12:47 AM   #3869
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
It's a bonus if we end up with him. No sweat off my back if we don't. They shouldn't be in a spot where the season hinges on Dragic. There was a whole offseason to sort out that role.
I actually do think it's important. Luka is going to be tired and slow down mid season. That's where it will really count. We have to have a second guy who can run the team if needed.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 09-10-2021 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-10-2021, 10:25 AM   #3870
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
I actually do think it's important. Luka is going to be tired and slow down mid season. That's where it will really count. We have to have a second guy who can run the team if needed.
Completely agree. IMO, with the lack of a 2ndary playmaker in the SLU, Kidd has to implement something where when we aren't on fastbreak, someone else can bring the ball up the floor. Get it back in Lukas hands with a screen while we have motion offense. That's the best thing I can come up with to help get others involved and keep him fresh as possible with this current roster. It's too easy for opposing teams to press and make him work a little extra just to get the ball to a spot we can initiate offense in half court.

Last edited by SMC0007; 09-10-2021 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-10-2021, 02:39 PM   #3871
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Any interest in Wall if he is bought out?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...?ocid=msedgntp
Old 09-10-2021, 03:06 PM   #3872
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yes. Has he ever been with Nike?
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 03:44 PM   #3873
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:

Yes times a million.

I have no clue how a buyout would work though. He is owed about 90 million total for this and next season. Why would he give any of that up?

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 09-10-2021 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-10-2021, 05:10 PM   #3874
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
I want to be able to utilize Twitter, but it's only good for surface level news and tidbits. One of the worst experiences is trying to engage about the NBA on there as it devolves into shitty memes and regurgitated copy paste BS. NBA Twitter is among the worst, if not the.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 10:44 PM   #3875
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I want to be able to utilize Twitter, but it's only good for surface level news and tidbits. One of the worst experiences is trying to engage about the NBA on there as it devolves into shitty memes and regurgitated copy paste BS. NBA Twitter is among the worst, if not the.
Yup.

Old 09-11-2021, 12:29 AM   #3876
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

DM in 2010
Reddit
DM now
Twitter
YouTube comments
Old 09-11-2021, 12:29 AM   #3877
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

DM in 2010
Reddit
DM now
Twitter
YouTube comments
Old 09-11-2021, 08:23 AM   #3878
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

24 days until Pre Season games start:
Oct 6, v. Utah 7:30 PM CT
Oct 8, v. L.A. Clippers 7:30 PM CT
Oct 13, @ Charlotte 5:30 PM CT
Oct. 15, @ Milwaukee 7 PM CT

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 09-11-2021 at 08:24 AM.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 12:47 PM   #3879
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
DM in 2010
Reddit
DM now
Twitter
YouTube comments
Mavs Facebook is right around YouTube comments.

I can't even do reddit. The format sucks too bad even if the talk was ok.

DM now isn't what it was in 2010 but it's going to pick back up a few weeks or so

Old 09-13-2021, 09:48 AM   #3880
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
DM in 2010
Reddit
DM now
Twitter
YouTube comments
You're right...DM 2005/2006 might have been busier than 2010..

Honestly, I can't stand talking basketball on Twitter.. It's really not nearly as conducive to good sports talk as a message board.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jack.kerr aucks