Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-08-2019, 05:17 PM   #3881
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
Sounds like there is something to the RW and Heat rumors. If we could get in on that and come away with Gallinari and Adams or Adams’s and Dragic to make us an instant playoff teams and a competitive one, I would like that a lot.
Lee and our 10mil of cap space matches perfectly for Gallinari. I don't think we could get both Adams and Gallinari or Adams and Dragic without trading THJ and I don't see any way OKC would take him back.
If we were willing to part with Brunson and Jackson, OKC might bite because the 3 of them (Brunson, Jackson and THJ) should come close enough to match.

I don't see Dallas making a deal for Adams but I think Lee for Gallinari makes a hell of a lot of sense for both teams. So it probably won't happen.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2019, 05:17 PM   #3882
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2019 Mavs Free Agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Seemed like a pretty positive post?

I guess I mis-read it. I was confused about how they botched it but yet he liked the results. That seems to me like the opposite of botching it. I’m still confused, but that’s par for the course.

I’m just get ruffled by the views around here that any moves that fans don’t like are solely because of FO ineptitude and any moves they do like are just from luck. Maybe that’s not what you meant. My apologies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by DavidDaMonkey; 07-08-2019 at 05:28 PM.
DavidDaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:29 PM   #3883
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
Sounds like there is something to the RW and Heat rumors. If we could get in on that and come away with Gallinari and Adams or Adams’s and Dragic to make us an instant playoff teams and a competitive one, I would like that a lot.
Per ESPN

In the aftermath of co-star Paul George's departure, Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook welcomes the idea of general manager Sam Presti engineering a trade that would bring an end to his illustrious, 11-year career with the franchise, league sources told ESPN.

The Miami Heat have expressed interest, a potential destination that also appeals to Westbrook, league sources said.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:31 PM   #3884
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Miami cannot take more salary - they are hard capped this year. OKC wants to drop about $4m to get under the repeater tax

We are the only team that can assist but Miami has to compensate OKC so there is nothing really left for us as far as a reward for assisting
Old 07-08-2019, 06:00 PM   #3885
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
Miami cannot take more salary - they are hard capped this year. OKC wants to drop about $4m to get under the repeater tax

We are the only team that can assist but Miami has to compensate OKC so there is nothing really left for us as far as a reward for assisting

Miami Sends Out:

Bam Adebayo ($3.5 m), Tyler Herro ($3.6 m), Goran Dragic ($19.2), and picks to the Thunder

Justise Winslow to the Mavs ($13.5 million)

OKC Sends Out:

Russell Westbrook ($38.5 m) to the Heat

Miami ends up shedding about $1 m, OKC sheds about $12 m & gains two young guys and the expiring Dragic, Mavs get Winslow for their trouble (could also see the Thunder just taking on Winslow and not involving the Mavs, but this is an option if they are serious about shedding salary... Mavs have some leverage, let's see if we use it properly)

Last edited by tap2390; 07-08-2019 at 06:01 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:11 PM   #3886
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Miami Sends Out:

Bam Adebayo ($3.5 m), Tyler Herro ($3.6 m), Goran Dragic ($19.2), and picks to the Thunder

OKC Sends Out:

Miami ends up shedding about $1 m, OKC sheds about $12 m & gains two young guys and the expiring Dragic, Mavs get Winslow for their trouble (could also see the Thunder just taking on Winslow and not involving the Mavs, but this is an option if they are serious about shedding salary... Mavs have some leverage, let's see if we use it properly)
I think the ultimate goal would be for Dragic to end up on a team and get bought out. THEN the Mavs sign him to a smaller contract. Problem, of course, is buying out such a large contract.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:12 PM   #3887
MFFL
Guru

Twitter would explode if the Heat sent out Bam. The fans love that kid
Old 07-08-2019, 06:40 PM   #3888
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

The heat are not giving up Winslow, Bam and Herro for two years of Westbrick...gigantic overpay.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:55 PM   #3889
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I liked the Delon Wright deal until I found out we gave up Satnam Singh

Nooo, big guy.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:57 PM   #3890
MFFL
Guru

Is there anything out there (including the Heat/OKC situation) that would be better than signing Trey Lyles. I really like him as a player
Old 07-08-2019, 07:07 PM   #3891
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Delon Wright is the only guard in the league to record a steal percentage of 2.5+ and a block percentage of 1.5+ each of the last three seasons. The only wing to even do it all three years is Robert Covington.
@bobbykaralla
Old 07-08-2019, 07:08 PM   #3892
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
Delon Wright is the only guard in the league to record a steal percentage of 2.5+ and a block percentage of 1.5+ each of the last three seasons. The only wing to even do it all three years is Robert Covington.
@bobbykaralla
Old 07-08-2019, 07:18 PM   #3893
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

Nooo, big guy.
@bobbykaralla: The Mavericks have acquired Delon Wright in exchange for two future second round draft picks and the draft rights to Satnam Singh.

So I guess it's a done deal and we're cutting into our cap instead of the TPE... That leaves us with $14.6m to help facilitate trades, which is probably our only avenue of acquiring any further talent this offseason.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:33 PM   #3894
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@bobbykaralla: The Mavericks have acquired Delon Wright in exchange for two future second round draft picks and the draft rights to Satnam Singh.

So I guess it's a done deal and we're cutting into our cap instead of the TPE... That leaves us with $14.6m to help facilitate trades, which is probably our only avenue of acquiring any further talent this offseason.
I have a good feeling that you have the answer to my question. We still have the full $21.3 million trade exception, right? All trades have to be within 125% as well, right? Theoretically, could we trade Courtney Lee's expiring contract to another team and take on a huge contract thanks to both the trade exception and that 125%?

Courtney Lee is due $12,759,670 next season. 125% of that is $15,949,587.50. Now can the exception be placed above that or not? $34,249,587.50 theoretically, but I'm guessing my theory is wrong. Please let me know how it actually works.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:35 PM   #3895
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:

Nooo, big guy.
I honestly forgot about him. Do you think he'll ever do anything in the NBA?
Old 07-08-2019, 07:36 PM   #3896
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Nooo, big guy.
I called it with the other two picks being sent, but we will send roses with Singh. He will be missed...

Mavs definitely good at those late first around/second round trades.

Old 07-08-2019, 08:46 PM   #3897
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Brad Townsend @townbrad

EXTREMELY prelimary, but Mavs’ early penciling in as starters are guards Doncic and Wright, PF Porzingis and C Powell. Most up-in-air is SF, with Jackson, Hardaway and Finney-Smith the candidates. Today, though, Rick Carlisle emphasized to me that starting lineups will be fluid.

Not much new except that it's made clear that Wright will be at least tried as a starter, and that the SF position is unsettled.
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:53 PM   #3898
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

@JJP I am surprised by the candidates to be perfectly honest. I hope Jackson wins the position. He's the only candidate for me. Also so many penciled in Curry as a starter. No longer looks that way, and I'm pleased with that news. He'll be instant offense off the bench. Think JET.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:01 PM   #3899
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
I disagree. You don't want to put too much into a rook running out of steam late in the season, but you do not want Doncic to do everything all by himself. Even established elite talent like Harden, Westbrook run into trouble because of too much load. Toronto probably wins the title because they purposely rested Kawhi for 20+ games.

That's the new standard. You take load off your best players so they're ready for the playoffs. The West is cruel so you'll probably have to play KP and Luka for 82 in case you want to have a shot, but we should at least have a second playmaker that can frequently bring the ball up the court and run a play or two. That will be key to our overall success.
I think they should give KP and Luka both occasional schedule rest on back to backs. Heck, Toronto even rested Siakam last season for a few when he was hitting a wall. It’s just good business.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:14 PM   #3900
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

No way were are getting Winslow in a Westbrook deal. And I doubt they give us Gallo for Lee. We would have to sweeten it some. What’s preventing OKC from hanging on to Gallo and trading him later say at the deadline? Will they be on the hook for tax if they don’t dump another 4m in the coming days?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:19 PM   #3901
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
@JJP I am surprised by the candidates to be perfectly honest. I hope Jackson wins the position. He's the only candidate for me. Also so many penciled in Curry as a starter. No longer looks that way, and I'm pleased with that news. He'll be instant offense off the bench. Think JET.
Agreed on both counts.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:43 PM   #3902
texasbball

texasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to alltexasbball is a name known to all

I'm trying to fugure out why it's a surprise that Luka would be the pg. It's obvious. You can spell him, or pick a game off even, but he runs the offense most of the time. That's a pg's job.

Last edited by texasbball; 07-08-2019 at 09:45 PM.
texasbball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:54 PM   #3903
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Btw does anyone know what Lukas been up to? I'm really hoping he's spending this offseason in the gym dropping ten lbs of baby fat and working on fts
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:02 PM   #3904
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
Btw does anyone know what Lukas been up to? I'm really hoping he's spending this offseason in the gym dropping ten lbs of baby fat and working on fts
IG last few days looks like he’s on a boat somewhere.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:07 PM   #3905
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
He's eating Cheetos, drinking kegs of beer, and playing Fortnite. No, that's Thor. My bad!

Last edited by NeedlesKane; 07-08-2019 at 10:08 PM.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:09 PM   #3906
ChileanMavsFan

ChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
He looks pretty lean (and sunburned) on this image shared on the instagram of his dog (lol)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzqF03ng..._web_copy_link

Saw the link on reddit to it
ChileanMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:29 PM   #3907
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

OKC sends Westbrook to Miami and Adams to Dallas

Miami sends Olynyk and Dragic to OKC

Dallas sends Lee and THJ to OKC

In 2020-2021 OKC has shed $64M (Adams and Westbrook) and takes back $32M (Hardaway and Olynyk; Dragic and Lee expire). Also works with Gallo in place of Adams, but savings is much less in 2021 (Gallo is an expiring).
Old 07-08-2019, 10:30 PM   #3908
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

My hope for Lukas offseason

-Free throws
-workout/cardio
-Stay out of trouble/Jail

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 10:41 PM   #3909
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post

In 2020-2021 OKC has shed $64M (Adams and Westbrook) and takes back $32M (Hardaway and Olynyk; Dragic and Lee expire). Also works with Gallo in place of Adams, but savings is much less in 2021 (Gallo is an expiring).
Adam's is solid but I apparently don't like him anywhere near as much as others. He doesnt help in pnr and is terrible free throw shooter. Would have been way better to just get Vuce, way more bang for your buck.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:40 PM   #3910
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
IG last few days looks like he’s on a boat somewhere.
In/around Punat
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:10 AM   #3911
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Slim Luka

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:41 AM   #3912
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

I am worried about him getting so slim. I hope it won't impact his game negatively.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:27 AM   #3913
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post

I think OKC ideally wants to get under the tax this year, which means they won't take that much salary back, even if it's expiring. Maybe you can attach a pick so they can reroute that and Lee to, let's say, Atlanta, but probably isn't enough anyway.

Imho a deal got really complicated now with the Wright signing. You'd either have to send out THJ (why would OKC or anyone take him?) or basically bundle Lee and your young talent (Brunson, Jackson, Broekhoff).
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:52 AM   #3914
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I am worried about him getting so slim. I hope it won't impact his game negatively.
That all depends on who plays next to him. If we are starting a bigger lineup in Wright and Jackson, then I don't think it matters as much.

Jackson winning the starting position would ease some of this horrid offseason. He has the most two way potential of our small forwards.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-09-2019 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:17 AM   #3915
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That all depends on who plays next to him. If we are starting a bigger lineup in Wright and Jackson, then I don't think it matters as much.

Jackson winning the starting position would ease some of this horrid offseason. He has the most two way potential of our small forwards.
It seems to me that it would make sense to start Seth with Doncic and Wright.
Seth would spread the floor for Luka and Seth would be at his best having Luka set him up.
Put a good defender between them that can somewhat be a 3pt threat and that would be good balance imo. I'm not sure Jackson is a good enough defender in that scenario.

Seth/Wright/Luka/KP/Powell makes the most sense as starters to me. If we are able to net Dragic somehow Seth would go to the bench.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:45 AM   #3916
JJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
It seems to me that it would make sense to start Seth with Doncic and Wright.
Seth would spread the floor for Luka and Seth would be at his best having Luka set him up.
Put a good defender between them that can somewhat be a 3pt threat and that would be good balance imo. I'm not sure Jackson is a good enough defender in that scenario.

Seth/Wright/Luka/KP/Powell makes the most sense as starters to me. If we are able to net Dragic somehow Seth would go to the bench.
That's debatable. I can see the argument for Curry, but I'm not sure his defense is any more desirable than Jackson. Plus, Jackson will give you an extra rebound or two. If DFS is in the game, someone with some offense needs to compensate. Curry may be a better match coming in with that group (Maxi, DFS, Brunson) than starting.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:54 AM   #3917
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Barring any other moves I would start:

Brunson
Seth
Luka
Maxi
Porzingis

with

Wright the primary ball handler on the second unit, along with Powell, DFS, and THJ. My thought for Maxi over Powell is that he's a better outside shooter and defender, and give KP and Luka more space to be feature with the first unit.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:41 PM   #3918
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Brunson
Seth
Luka
Maxi
Porzingis

with

Wright the primary ball handler on the second unit, along with Powell, DFS, and THJ. My thought for Maxi over Powell is that he's a better outside shooter and defender, and give KP and Luka more space to be feature with the first unit.
Joke? Horrible line up. Curry and Brunson? Need defense and rebounding
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:45 PM   #3919
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Miami Sends Out:

OKC Sends Out:

Mavs can get Justin Winslow for free?Hell I'm down.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 12:45 PM   #3920
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:

Brunson
Seth
Luka
Maxi
Porzingis

with

That would be atrocious defensively at the guard positions. Are people forgetting how terrible Seth is on defense? He isn't just mediocre or kinda bad...he's bad, bad.

Seth makes more sense giving the team needed scoring off the bench. Don't see Brunson starting either.

Tags
win now