Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-09-2019, 12:46 PM   #3921
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Barring any other moves I would start:

Brunson
Seth
Luka
Maxi
Porzingis

with

Wright the primary ball handler on the second unit, along with Powell, DFS, and THJ. My thought for Maxi over Powell is that he's a better outside shooter and defender, and give KP and Luka more space to be feature with the first unit.
I'm sorry but Seth is not a starter in this league and definitely not one on this team.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2019, 12:56 PM   #3922
ChileanMavsFan

ChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of light

I want Wright and Jackson to start in most cases. Out of all of our roleplayers I feel they are the ones that could potentially improve enough to become solid starters for us. I also would prefer Maxi to pair up with Seth off the bench, develop chemistry on offense and become part of a solid second unit for the coming years.

Edit: I forgot about Brunson, he might become a solid PG for us eventually, but he is still a few years away from that and for now he can be part of that second unit with Seth and Maxi

Last edited by ChileanMavsFan; 07-09-2019 at 12:58 PM.
ChileanMavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:26 PM   #3923
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I'm sorry but Seth is not a starter in this league and definitely not one on this team.
I would disagree with that because he is our best wide open 3-pt shooter. I can see a starting lineup of

Wright
Curry
Luka
Maxi
KP

I think it's worth a shot to check out its effectiveness, and I don't doubt that it'll be one of many that Rick rolls out to test. Having said that, prepare to begin bitching about THJ getting a majority of the starts due to the combo of his salary and not wanting to devalue his trade value in the eyes of the league by moving him to the bench. As if that is going to fool anybody. :-O

Last edited by turin; 07-09-2019 at 01:29 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:31 PM   #3924
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Keep in mind that Rick has a history of at least one frustrating player in the starting 5 that most of us disagree with. I lean towards Jackson as the SF/wing but I am prepared to see Rick start DFS. I'd imagine most fans prefer Luka, Wright, Jackson, KP, Powell. Would it really surprise anyone that Rick is gonna do Rick things and start Luka, Wright, DFS, KP, Powell?

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:50 PM   #3925
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Keep in mind that Rick has a history of at least one frustrating player in the starting 5 that most of us disagree with. I lean towards Jackson as the SF/wing but I am prepared to see Rick start DFS. I'd imagine most fans prefer Luka, Wright, Jackson, KP, Powell. Would it really surprise anyone that Rick is gonna do Rick things and start Luka, Wright, DFS, KP, Powell?
There is no way in heck that he is starting DFS over THJ. DFS' inconsistency with the 3-pt shot guarantees that imo. Jackson is the one most likely to supplant him in the starting lineup but only if merit is the deciding factor, AND he steps up when given the opportunity. Yes, that can be said for everybody, but I prefer Jackson's odds of taking another step over DFS'.

Last edited by turin; 07-09-2019 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:57 PM   #3926
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the starting lineup is less important than the closing lineup. That said I think the starters will be
Wright
Luka
Jackson
KP
Powell/Maxi
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:00 PM   #3927
Dirk41legend

Dirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really niceDirk41legend is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I think the starting lineup is less important than the closing lineup. That said I think the starters will be
Wright
Luka
Jackson
KP
Powell/Maxi
I do this with Maxi at the 5.
Dirk41legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:06 PM   #3928
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk41legend View Post
I do this with Maxi at the 5.
If there is one thing I can almost guarantee it is that Powell starts. No reason they give him that hefty extension if they didn't love his fit with KP.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:07 PM   #3929
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
There is no way in heck that he is starting DFS over THJ. DFS' inconsistency with the 3-pt shot guarantees that imo. Jackson is the one most likely to supplant him in the starting lineup but only if merit is the deciding factor, AND he steps up when given the opportunity. Yes, that can be said for everybody, but I prefer Jackson's odds of taking another step over DFS'.
You're probably right about THJ but I'm preparing myself mentally for the WTF lineup.

Old 07-09-2019, 02:14 PM   #3930
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
You're probably right about THJ but I'm preparing myself mentally for the WTF lineup.
You and me both. LOL
Old 07-09-2019, 02:19 PM   #3931
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
If there is one thing I can almost guarantee it is that Powell starts. No reason they give him that hefty extension if they didn't love his fit with KP.
He's not making that much more than Maxi, and I think he'll be a better spark plug off the bench if Brunson leads the 2nd unit. He and Brunson had some good chemistry on lobs last year. Yeah, Luka can get him the ball, but his chemistry with Wright is an unknown at this point. Powell is going to get plenty of minutes whether he is technically the starter or not, so I prefer that he be placed with the people who will maximize his production. For now, I think Brunson over Wright is a better fit/bet with Powell.

Last edited by turin; 07-09-2019 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:41 PM   #3932
ChileanMavsFan

ChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of lightChileanMavsFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
You and me both. LOL
A WTF lineup wouldn't be complete without Courtney Lee starting though.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:51 PM   #3933
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileanMavsFan View Post
A WTF lineup wouldn't be complete without Courtney Lee starting though.
One can only dream

Old 07-09-2019, 03:27 PM   #3934
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

I think Powell starts at center.

Maxi is not a pure center, and Boban isn't a PF in any sense. There's only so many possibilities at that position right now. It's possible someone will field a lineup that may need Maxi or KP at center with quicker lineups or with an injury to someone, but I see Powell as a starter on a typical night when everyone is healthy.
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:44 PM   #3935
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

https://therecline.org/2019/07/09/ra...os-in-the-nba/
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 04:48 PM   #3936
ChileanMavsFan

wow, Marcus Morris is considering reneging his commitment with the Spurs, might be going to the Knicks now it seems. I guess we dodged a bullet there.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1148692976949846016

Reporting with @MarcJSpearsESPN: Free agent Marcus Morris -- who committed to a two-year, $20M Spurs deal w/ player option -- is re-considering agreement. Morris is now considering a free agent deal with Knicks, who'll have additional cap space with reworking of Bullock deal.

Last edited by ChileanMavsFan; 07-09-2019 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:53 PM   #3937
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I disagree with these rankings.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:08 PM   #3938
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
wow, Marcus Morris is considering reneging his commitment with the Spurs, might be going to the Knicks now it seems. I guess we dodged a bullet there.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1148692976949846016

Reporting with @MarcJSpearsESPN: Free agent Marcus Morris -- who committed to a two-year, $20M Spurs deal w/ player option -- is re-considering agreement. Morris is now considering a free agent deal with Knicks, who'll have additional cap space with reworking of Bullock deal.
Knicks plan is to sign every PF in the league and then demand ransom from the rest of the league?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:21 PM   #3939
SMC0007
Guru

New York pfknicks

Old 07-09-2019, 05:21 PM   #3940
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Geez that’s bad. Everybody seems to think KD is going to be the same guy when he comes back. I still think he will be very good, but not too 3-5 in the league. Just glancing at the list I’d put Luka and KP over #7, 8, and 9 no question.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:12 PM   #3941
Amarelooms

Amarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the roughAmarelooms is a jewel in the rough

We need get in on this Westbrook trade and try getting a 2020 1st round pick for taking a contract
Amarelooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:12 PM   #3942
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Man I wish we could’ve pulled of a deal with Miami including Herro somehow. Dude looks nice. Pure stroke and some playmaking.

Last edited by mac222b; 07-09-2019 at 07:13 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 07:14 PM   #3943
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarelooms View Post
We need get in on this Westbrook trade and try getting a 2020 1st round pick for taking a contract
It’d have to be from OKC’s trove I think. Not sure Miami has one to give.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:51 PM   #3944
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Dubs waived Livingston.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:59 PM   #3945
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Dubs waived Livingston.
Nope.

Old 07-09-2019, 09:16 PM   #3946
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Dubs waived Livingston.
This could take mins away from camPayne :/

Old 07-09-2019, 09:22 PM   #3947
ChileanMavsFan

Quote:
Nope.
Agree, he plays older than his age even (33), and can't shoot 3s. If we need a veteran presence I'd rather look elsewhere. Not sure that he will garner much interest on other teams either, might have to go to other leagues if he wants to continue playing.

Last edited by ChileanMavsFan; 07-09-2019 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:25 PM   #3948
ChileanMavsFan

Quote:
This could take mins away from camPayne :/
Haven't watched the summer league games, has Cameron Payne really played that well to be considered for a roster spot?. Last time I saw Cameron Payne playing was in Chicago and he looked really bad, wasn't surprised at all when they waived him.

Last edited by ChileanMavsFan; 07-09-2019 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:31 PM   #3949
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nope.
He's looking to join a contender, so no worries there...

Old 07-09-2019, 09:33 PM   #3950
Underdog

Quote:
Haven't watched the summer league games, has Cameron Payne really played that well to be considered for a roster spot?. Last time I saw Cameron Payne playing was in Chicago and he looked really bad, wasn't surprised at all when they waived him.
Nah, he's "summer league good," not "good-good"... Maybe a spot on the Legends, with the possibility of working his way onto the Mavs when an injury or trade opens up a roster spot, but he's not bumping anyone out of the 15-man rotation at this point.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-09-2019 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-09-2019, 09:48 PM   #3951
ChileanMavsFan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Nah, he's "summer league good," not "good-good"... Maybe a spot on the Legends, with the possibility of working his way onto the Mavs when an injury or trade opens up a roster spot, but he's not bumping anyone out of the 15-man rotation at this point.
Got it, thanks!
Old 07-09-2019, 10:41 PM   #3952
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Neh. He's been good but I was being sarcastic. To be fair, I had low expectations from him but he has far surpassed what I thought he would do.

Old 07-10-2019, 01:04 AM   #3953
mac222b
Diamond Member

Livingston looks washed, unless he was playing hurt.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:22 AM   #3954
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard/read comparisons of Wright and Livingston.
I'd rather just go with the younger version of Livingston if that is the case.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:39 AM   #3955
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Wright
Luka
Jackson
KP
Powell/Maxi
What I like about that lineup is the size.
But I think that somewhat creates a problem offensively in the starting lineup and defensively with our bench.
Brunson
Seth
THJ
Maxi
Boban

Personally I'd rather switch Jackson with Seth in the SL because Seth provides so much more spacing for Luka on offense. Jackson is an ok defender but not great....not good enough to make up for Seth's offensive production and critical role as an outside threat.
Wright and Jackson are simply not good enough shooters to spread the floor and defenders will dare them to shoot 3pters while dropping back and double teaming Luka and/or KP.

I'm just not sure what Luka has to work with in that SL other than KP.

Last edited by rimrocker; 07-10-2019 at 05:46 AM.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:18 AM   #3956
Heezzi

Heezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Foolish statement.

When he was here is was Top 3 on the team. (Dirk, Barnes, Curry)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgiWgZrTcs0

31 points:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IeJU0Ogllw

29 points:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRVY-yWPXhw

Last edited by Heezzi; 07-10-2019 at 07:22 AM.
Heezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:13 AM   #3957
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezzi View Post
Foolish statement.

When he was here is was Top 3 on the team. (Dirk, Barnes, Curry)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgiWgZrTcs0

31 points:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IeJU0Ogllw

29 points:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRVY-yWPXhw
And it's not like anyone is saying he should replace someone that is starting material....Jackson, Wright, Powell. An argument could be made about any of those 3 starting.
This should be about maximizing Luka imo and Seth's ability to open things up for Luka does just that. Put one good defender with them and Wright makes the most sense to me.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:36 AM   #3958
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Personally I'd rather switch Jackson with Seth in the SL because Seth provides so much more spacing for Luka on offense. Jackson is an ok defender but not great....not good enough to make up for Seth's offensive production and critical role as an outside threat.
Wright and Jackson are simply not good enough shooters to spread the floor and defenders will dare them to shoot 3pters while dropping back and double teaming Luka and/or KP.
I'm not so sure about this. Jackson's outside shooting is certainly not an issue. He's 38% on 3s. And neither Curry or Jackson are great defenders, so that's a wash.

I get having Curry in the game in the last few minutes... much like Jet. But this will be about matchups as to how many minutes Curry gets and who gets subbed out in Curry's place.
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:50 AM   #3959
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Jackson is the only player on the roster outside of KP with true two way potential. His offense is still better than his defense, but he had spurts of really good D last season. Certainly has the tools...just needs the experience.

Curry is just too much of a liability on defense to start. That would force someone like DFS to start which IMO is a no-no. And people really overrate what Curry brings offensively. He is a killer three point shooter, but so is Broekhof who also isn't a starter. Neither player does anything else particularly well. I suppose Curry is a better ball handler.

Still, Luka/Wright/Jackson/DP/KP brings the best balance until other moves are made. You have a ton of scoring to bring off the bench in the scenario with Curry, Brunson, and THJ.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:06 AM   #3960
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

For me Wright and Powell are S5 locks beside Luka/KP. Wright for defensive purpose and Powell because they want Klebers shotblocking when KP sits on the bench.

I also think there wont be a true "bench unit" because Rick is going to sub Luka or KP early out in the 1st and 3rd like he did with Dirk. That way he makes sure he has one of Luka and KP on the floor all the time.

Same way with KP and Kleber, he wants one of them on the floor as rim protector all the time, thats why Powell starts and not Kleber.

I also think THJ is a lock for the bench because his role is the secondary scorer when one of Luka/KP sits on the bench.

For the 5th starter Rick is going to test a lot or maybe go with matchup anyway.Scoring/Spacing (Seth), all around (JJ), Defense (DFS).

We are going to see a lot of testing around in the first weeks, because Rick is going to test lineup/rotations like crazy.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
win now