Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-04-2009, 09:58 PM   #401
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

Lets go rockets! Rockets & Mavs WCF!!
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2009, 10:37 PM   #402
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Who said Rockets match up well with lakers? Just call me a genius and get on with all your lives
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #403
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you're right...but its just the first half. Even the Mavs were competitive in the first half.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:28 PM   #404
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

i'm just waiting for the lakers to have a huge 4th quarter to win this game.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:57 PM   #405
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Still waiting....
Old 05-05-2009, 12:10 AM   #406
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Rockets just stole homecourt.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:13 AM   #407
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

TMac must be feelin sicker by the day.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:23 AM   #408
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

MACHINE!!!!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #409
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

F the Lakers!! Go Rockets!!
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:28 AM   #410
mavs777
Diamond Member

Seriously guys get a hold of yourself, I am a genius time to admit that. Need to type it out just cause I am who I am, and this is who I am. I am perfect, a complete genius when it comes to sports, never been wrong.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:30 AM   #411
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

The Rockettes are so much better without T-mac. Hilarious.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:33 AM   #412
NugsFan

NugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the rough

The Rockets are going to give the Lakers alllll they can handle in this series
NugsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:40 AM   #413
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Maybe. I agree with Kenny Smith. There's going to come a time where Yao and Artest are going to have some off games and they're going to need that 20 point scorer and not have one. Its rare but a healthy T-Mac is one of the deadliest players in the league.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:44 AM   #414
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Don't be stupid, the Rockets are simply a better team this year, as they have much more effective role players as compared to past years, not that they are better without Tmac. Brooks, Scola, Wafer, Landry
Old 05-05-2009, 12:45 AM   #415
Blackspider972

Blackspider972 has a spectacular aura aboutBlackspider972 has a spectacular aura about

I'll be sick if the Rockets advance to the WCF and we can't take advantage of that.

Now since we know the league desperately wants Kobe in the Finals, let's see if some weird shit starts happening like it sometimes does. We better not see another game 6 of the 2002 WCF with the Lakers and Kings.
Blackspider972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #416
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Seriously guys get a hold of yourself, I am a genius time to admit that. Need to type it out just cause I am who I am, and this is who I am. I am perfect, a complete genius when it comes to sports, never been wrong.
Who are you?
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:02 AM   #417
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrav4 View Post
TMac must be feelin sicker by the day.

True, true--but poor guy, he has to be on a crappy team where he is the hero, he won't play team D, Team O, won't move without the ball, set screens, take it to the cup.........

There is so much traffic on clutchfans it's crashing..........

F-LA

F-Denver

Last edited by And1; 05-05-2009 at 01:03 AM.
And1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:24 AM   #418
mavs777
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs View Post
Who are you?
A genius
Old 05-05-2009, 01:53 AM   #419
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs777 View Post
Don't be stupid, the Rockets are simply a better team this year, as they have much more effective role players as compared to past years, not that they are better without Tmac. Brooks, Scola, Wafer, Landry
They are considerably better without T-mac, and that notion isn't mutually exclusive from what you're saying about the other players improving, either.

T-mac is a loser and a locker room cancer. No amount of talent will make up for that.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:21 AM   #420
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Old 05-05-2009, 07:19 AM   #421
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

GuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to beholdGuerillaBlack is a splendid one to behold

Kobe's a punk.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:13 AM   #422
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

I need a gif of Shane drawing first blood. We need someone tough like him! An under appreciated defender and I don't think people realized he was on Team USA so you know he learned some tricks from Bowen. I say someone needs Dirk to taste his own blood for game 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN2frNIi8eE

Last edited by RareMilk; 05-05-2009 at 08:17 AM.
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #423
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I would like to see the rockets beat the lakers but in all honesty Kobe was sick and off of his game. The Lakers looked rusty. I expect the next game to be a better measure as to how this series will play out.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #424
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
I would like to see the rockets beat the lakers but in all honesty Kobe was sick and off of his game. The Lakers looked rusty. I expect the next game to be a better measure as to how this series will play out.
This.

Kobe wont chuck again like that, Gasol wont play again so bad. Brooks wont score so good again

I think the Lakers went a little bit lazy in this game. I still expect them to win the series and probably win game 2 and 3 in a row.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #425
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

LOL at the Kobe sick excuse. I knew that would be the excuse if the Rockets had won.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:03 PM   #426
Blueprint79

Blueprint79 is on a distinguished road

Rockets seemed to just be hitting the shots that they need to... and how about that fresh hairstyle on Artest? Check out the highlights here.
Blueprint79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:07 PM   #427
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueprint79 View Post
Rockets seemed to just be hitting the shots that they need to... and how about that fresh hairstyle on Artest? Check out the highlights here.
Does "fresh" mean "retarded" these days?

(I can't keep up with the lingo, but Ronnie's hair looks lame as hell...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #428
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather have this guy's hair:

Old 05-05-2009, 03:11 PM   #429
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
LOL at the Kobe sick excuse. I knew that would be the excuse if the Rockets had won.
It may be an excuse when Lakers fans say it, but it's certainly nothing of the sort when it's being postulated by people who have absolutely no interest in the Lakers winning the series.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #430
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
It may be an excuse when Lakers fans say it, but it's certainly nothing of the sort when it's being postulated by people who have absolutely no interest in the Lakers winning the series.
I don't think so. I really don't think his sore throat hurt him that much (of course, I'm not Kobe and can't tell how he feels). He didn't seem slow, or out of step. Just good defense was played on him. Something he didn't face against Utah.

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 05-05-2009 at 04:24 PM. Reason: It's sore not soar!
Old 05-05-2009, 05:27 PM   #431
mavs777
Diamond Member

Houston also played a bad first half, if they play like the did in the second half, they won't lose a home game. As I said earlier one of the main keys is getting scoring from Scola, Brooks (this wasn't even his best game in the post season), Landry, Wafer, Lowry, and Battier. These 6 have to score 56-62 ppg, Artest and yao can do the rest. They scored 48 in game 1, they will need more scoring from Battier and some from Landry, Artest is a streaky shooter.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:08 PM   #432
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Is it just me or did LeBron just take like 5 steps?!
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #433
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
Is it just me or did amazing just happen?!
Fixed by Stern.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:57 AM   #434
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW View Post
Fixed by Stern.
LOL

LeBron is the King and therefore, like any King, he lays down the rules. If he just wants to walk around holding the basketball without taking a dribble so be it.

The other King LeBron rule is that he can never miss a shot. If he misses one he has got to get Free Throws and the guy who dared to touch him loses a finger.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:33 AM   #435
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I don't think so. I really don't think his sore throat hurt him that much (of course, I'm not Kobe and can't tell how he feels). He didn't seem slow, or out of step. Just good defense was played on him. Something he didn't face against Utah.
You're making it pretty easy to root against the Rockets.

Even a small illness can throw a player off of their game. Put them in the playoffs when everything raises up a notch in intensity and you can see where the disadvantage may be with trying to play sick.

Anyhow, never thought I'd say it but Go Lakers.

Should be fun.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:00 AM   #436
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by particleman View Post
Is it just me or did LeBron just take like 5 steps?!
Just like always

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
May 6, 2009
Orlando @ Boston--B. Salvatore; E. Rush; T. Washington
Houston @ L.A. Lakers--J. Crawford; B. Spooner; G. Willard

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #437
GuerillaBlack
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
You're making it pretty easy to root against the Rockets.

Even a small illness can throw a player off of their game. Put them in the playoffs when everything raises up a notch in intensity and you can see where the disadvantage may be with trying to play sick.

Anyhow, never thought I'd say it but Go Lakers.

Should be fun.

We'll see how it goes tonight. I think the Rockets will lose. Let's see how Kobe does.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #438
mavs777
Diamond Member

Lakers already won game 2, J Crawford
Old 05-06-2009, 10:49 PM   #439
mavs777
Diamond Member

WOW
Old 05-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #440
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

So I'm not watching the game, but I see from the box score that in the first half, Yao sat after picking up 3 fouls in 10 minutes. I think almost any cynical NBA fan would have predicted this after a home Laker loss.

To anyone watching the game, were they legit fouls?

Last edited by Stranger; 05-06-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5 piece mcnuggets, 92b anti-basketball rant, clutchbane! lol, got a bit fluffy in here, kobe may opt out, pop rockets, throwfootballoverthemmtns