Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #41
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I will agree Kingbeef that stevenson exudes "crazy-ass" that is lacking on the mavs. But if you can't play, you can't play.

If he could begin to reliably nail a 3ptr then we could talk. I'd like that guy on the roster.
He would've been key for us against Ginobili though. I think his defense is better than Marion. Especially against quick SG's. I like Beaubois against Parker. And we had some success with Stevenson starting. He doesn't hurt the flow and knows how to keep the ball moving. He'll take the open shot and was starting to get it to fall before being put on the bench again by Carlisle.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2010, 09:21 AM   #42
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Manu really didn't kill us those last few games, if I recall...the problem was Hill going crazy.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:54 AM   #43
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think his defense is significantly better than marions by a long shot, I just do not see it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #44
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

I just read an article in the a SF paper that articulates a point that we have been discussing on this thread very well. It was in reference to what makes a winning coach. It also implied that a superstar who wanted to sign with a team in order to win a ring should and would consider the coach as well as the players on the team that allowed them to have the best chance for a champianship.

This writer said that a good coach was able to utilize not only his starters but also his second tier players. Stevenson is definately a second tier player. A good coach is able to bring them when it is too the teams advantage. He listed many instances when second tier players made an impact on a serie's that allowed their teams to win. Every player has games when they are sub-average. They also have games when they play way better than normal. Every player will have games when their lack of production makes them a handycap to their team. Some players are good enough to contribute and justify their staying on the court even when they are playing badly. But the majority, especially those that are not multidimentional are not that good and if they are not producing should be replaced. This writer said that a good coach who is able to recognize and utilize his second tier players is more important in a playoff series than most recognize.

Stevenson just as the rest of the second tier players on the team can only contribute or have a value in direct relation to the Coaches ability to utilize them. What good is having a roster if it is not used? If the coach sticks to a pre-arranged rotation and doesn't adjust to players production in relation to the game conditions. With out the right coach whether Stevenson or other second tier players stay or leave becomes irrelevant. And any good player who wants to win a champianship will surely reconize and consider this when the decide if they want to come to this team.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:23 PM   #45
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Stevenson is a third tier at best, kinda like this thread.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 05-27-2010 at 02:23 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #46
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Stevenson is a third tier at best, kinda like this thread.
Thanks for the Negativity!!! Start a better thread since you hate this one so much!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #47
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the roughmavsfan1000 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
I don't think his defense is significantly better than marions by a long shot, I just do not see it.
Marion's defense against Manu was garbage. It couldn't hurt to see if another player gets it that Manu goes left.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:51 PM   #48
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch#41 View Post
Thanks for the Negativity!!! Start a better thread since you hate this one so much!
Sorry man. I support your ideas. We both seem to get hated on. It's just that people are such homers here. They don't want to deal with reality. It frustrates me that people can't say bad about their team even though we had a horrible first round series.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #49
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you get out of my life and shut up!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #50
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
Sorry man. I support your ideas. We both seem to get hated on. It's just that people are such homers here. They don't want to deal with reality. It frustrates me that people can't say bad about their team even though we had a horrible first round series.
Yeah, people hate you because we're all incredible homers and not because of the asinine sh!t you post around here...

EDIT: oops, another one of your green boxes just disappeared - keep digging!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-27-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:15 PM   #51
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Why don't you get out of my life and shut up!

Exactly my point if you are talking to me. I get mad every time I think of the Mavs/Spurs series. I think we win this series with the right coach. I don't know why people feel need to defend a team that failed so badly. Carlisle is a great regular season coach. He'll get you wins as he takes it very seriously. Just look at how much Dirk and Kidd played. Unfortunately, you need to pace yourself for the playoffs and have some tricks up your sleeves as well. We waited until game 6 with a large deficit before we showed our trick. Alvin Gentry is the anti-Carlisle.

Last edited by mavsfan1000; 05-27-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:21 PM   #52
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Manu really didn't kill us those last few games, if I recall...the problem was Hill going crazy.
Looked up the stats...the first 2 games Manu killed us. Shot well and scored 23+ in both games.

The third game, he went 4/12 for 15 points. Tony Parker won the game for the Spurs.

The fourth game, he went 4/16 for 17 points. Again, the points were there, but on a high quantity of shots. It was George Hill who killed us.

In the fifth game, he was 2/7 with 7 points, and committed 4 turnovers.

The last game, again, he put points on the board with 26 but it took a 7/19 shooting performance.

This wasn't the Denver last year, where we had no one to stop Nene and Carmelo. This wasn't New Orleans two years ago, where Chris Paul feasted on us and our guards. Our best defenders could match up and limit their best players, but our worst defenders got killed by their worst players. I'm looking at you, JET and JJB.

Props also to the Spurs role players for stepping up when they were the one recieving the mismatch. Jefferson had a big game, Parker had a couple of big games, and Hill had one monster game and another good game.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #53
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why? So you can turn it into a big steaming pile of poo like you did this one?

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 05-27-2010 at 04:38 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:54 PM   #54
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, people hate you because we're all incredible homers and not because of the asinine sh!t you post around here...

EDIT: oops, another one of your green boxes just disappeared - keep digging!
the box thing is hilarious. keep giving me red boxes.idc about them.red is my favorite color.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:58 PM   #55
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan1000 View Post
ya man we both keep it real.thats how ive always been.this is one of the worst forums ive ever been on.

i like how people on here always question grammar when its incorrect on here. like big deal..i didnt know i was writing a report in english class. its a forum for godsake!
Old 05-27-2010, 11:59 PM   #56
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Why? So you can turn it into a big steaming pile of poo like you did this one?
i didnt start it or turn it into anything.people jus hate on me. cant control it bro.
Old 05-28-2010, 12:08 AM   #57
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ya man we both keep it real.thats how ive always been.this is one of the worst forums ive ever been on.

i like how people on here always question grammar when its incorrect on here. like big deal..i didnt know i was writing a report in english class. its a forum for godsake!
You keep it real, huh, and that's such a great thing? I hate to tell you, but that's exactly what we're worried about. You "on the real" isn't doing anything but bringing the rest of us down.

It has nothing to do with grammar, really. Or, if you prefer, "on the real." The grammar is just the symptom. The root disorder is that you evidently don't care enough about your fellow men to want to present yourself in a reasonable manner. It's the same thing as going out in public in the clothes you slept in and your bad breath from not brushing your teeth.

If that's the way you roll, more power to you. But you certainly can't expect anyone to welcome your filthy presence.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:13 AM   #58
clutch#41
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
You keep it real, huh, and that's such a great thing? I hate to tell you, but that's exactly what we're worried about. You "on the real" isn't doing anything but bringing the rest of us down.

It has nothing to do with grammar, really. Or, if you prefer, "on the real." The grammar is just the symptom. The root disorder is that you evidently don't care enough about your fellow men to want to present yourself in a reasonable manner. It's the same thing as going out in public in the clothes you slept in and your bad breath from not brushing your teeth.

If that's the way you roll, more power to you. But you certainly can't expect anyone to welcome your filthy presence.
huh??? lmao.. i havent brought the "rest of us down" wtf are you talking about?? lol
and keeping it real means what you read. when our team sucks..ill admit it. i have no problem expressing my opinion on here. everybody jus acts like were gonna get lebron and win a championship next year. i have a better chance of winning the lotto! keeping it real means being realistic.not living in dreamland 24/7

Last edited by clutch#41; 05-28-2010 at 12:17 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:51 AM   #59
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
huh??? lmao.. i havent brought the "rest of us down" wtf are you talking about?? lol
and keeping it real means what you read. when our team sucks..ill admit it. i have no problem expressing my opinion on here. everybody jus acts like were gonna get lebron and win a championship next year. i have a better chance of winning the lotto! keeping it real means being realistic.not living in dreamland 24/7
I think you've confused the difference between "keeping it real" and "acting like a little bitch".

(or is acting like a little bitch what's real on the streets these days?)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-28-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #60
RedPhase

RedPhase is infamous around these partsRedPhase is infamous around these parts

He'll still be traded with damp+filler anyway. So he picks up his option..and?
RedPhase is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch41=total retard, hay-would?, made of would?, rc made sawn bad lol, redbox#41