Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-22-2004, 10:13 AM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default 8-7

Rangers are above .500 through 15 games. I thought they'd be 5-10 right now. As someone that loves to rip the Rangers, I have to give them props for fighting.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2004, 12:11 PM   #2
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:8-7

Agreed;
Props to the Rangers, they are playing well now.............

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 12:15 PM   #3
Jbrjo

Jbrjo will become famous soon enough

I have been telling myself it would be a jinx to say anything positive about them before they get to 20 games (it's a LONG season ahead of them) BUT when was the last time they were over .500? Were they ever last year?
Jbrjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 01:55 PM   #4
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Last season, they started out 1-0 and then lost 3 straight, never to sniff .500 again. In 2002, they started out 0-3 and never got there. They hadn't been .500 since April 22, 2001 when they were 10-10.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 04-22-2004, 03:52 PM   #5
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

I watched most of the game last night. I like a lot of what I'm seeing but I'm constantly afraid I'll jinx them by saying anything or getting my hopes up. They're hitting really well. I've also been pretty impressed by Laird the few times I've gotten to watch games.
Old 04-22-2004, 03:57 PM   #6
Jbrjo

Jbrjo will become famous soon enough

UH OH....we jinxed em'..... losing today [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

edit (finally 100 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] )
Jbrjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 06:16 PM   #7
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: 8-7

They are a better team now. They have better hitting- hitters going deeper into the count instead of just striking out quickly and base running = better offense, and they have better pitching this year. They are building to something too.

A Who??
Old 04-22-2004, 10:06 PM   #8
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The young guns are playing hard and playing well. The pitching hasn't been atrocious as expected.

They will still end up third in the west.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 10:33 PM   #9
Dooby
Diamond Member

I still think they finish dead last. Seems the better pitching is happening on the road. Hate to be a pessimist, but I wonder what will happen during an extended homestand.

Old 04-22-2004, 11:55 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

you may be right.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote