Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-23-2004, 09:21 AM   #41
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:Clarett and Williams out of the Draft (for now)

Doc has most of my private information. Aside from the occasional nude photo over the fax machine, it isn't that big a deal really.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I haven't read the District Court Order or the appellate ruling. The only thing I read, and I just skimmed it, was the motion to the Supreme Court seeking to avoid the 2nd Circuit's stay. Everything else goes back to the arguments reported in the papers when the case started. From what I recall, the NFl argued that the 3-year rule was incorporated in the CBA in some rule that said the league could establish eligibility rules. I am just guessing. I don't have a copy of the NFLPA-NFL collective bargaining agreement handy.

Lots of industries have rules that require you to be a member of the union to work. And lots of unions have CBA's that govern the rights of members and non-members alike. Closed shops are legal in many states (not Texas). Not that big a deal. I actually made this same argument to OP, which he shot down for one reason or another that I don't recall.

I took one labor law course in law school and don't remember much about it other than union election and campaign procedures. I don't think the labor law exemption to anti-trust law was even covered. And I haven't thought about it since. So if somebody practices in that area wants to come forward-great, but that is unlikely since this is predominantly a Texas message board and labor law is not a very big deal outside of Houston and Corpus Christi.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links