Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
diop it like its hot

diop it like its hot will become famous soon enoughdiop it like its hot will become famous soon enough
Default Martin fined for flgrnt foul on Dirk in game 1

Saw it on NBA.com. Comments anybody? How do you think it will affect the rest of the series?
Old 05-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

I'm hoping the officials watch things more closely after this and make the right calls down the middle. Also that SOB deserved that fine next time suspend his sorry ass.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:34 PM   #3
GoNugs

GoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diop it like its hot View Post
Saw it on NBA.com. Comments anybody? How do you think it will affect the rest of the series?
I think it will have little or no effect...

I think the fine was well deserved...he gave Dirk a hard foul in an attempt to change up the pace...and looking back...it worked.
GoNugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe crawford or whoever that moron won't get another coaching gig.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:34 PM   #5
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to see Dirk get really physical with Kmart and provoke him into attacking again. Preferably do it in game 4, so he has to sit in Denver game 5 Lets take him out of some playing time!
Old 05-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #6
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Flagrant? It wasn't called a flagrant during the game, so it doesn't do a damn thing for us.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:51 PM   #7
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"I voiced our opinion [to the league] that we believe the fine was excessive," Nuggets vice president of player personnel Rex Chapman said Monday night. "With regard to other incidents that have taken place in these playoffs and some of those actions not [resulting in] a fine, we feel that fining K-Mart for this is a bit excessive and inconsistent.

"But we're going to accept it and move on. I think that Dirk was off balance as he often is -- and he's one of the best actors in the game, too -- but that's part of the game."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4137556

Obviously it was Dirk's fault. He hurled himself into the front row.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."

Last edited by mary; 05-04-2009 at 10:52 PM.
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:53 PM   #8
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Nuggest vice president of personnel has a point. After rondo can smash a guy upside the head and also throw an elbow with nothing happening, it does seem excessive. However it's pretty typical of the nba's ref consistency.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-04-2009, 10:54 PM   #9
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Even Denver's front off is full of pricks.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:56 PM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

This is pretty idiotic.

Rajon Rondo throws someone into the scorers table: Nothing.

And then this: This deserved a fine, but the other thing deserved a suspension and got nothing.

Does the NBA know how stupid that looks? I guess they have no incentive to care.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:18 PM   #11
Mavsfan4ever
Golden Member

The fact that the league over looked Rondo's actions goes to show Stern is an idiot.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:30 PM   #12
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Should have happened Sunday but this is better than nothing. I don't care how much he makes, he doesn't want to write $25K check to the league. I doubt we'll see anymore flagrants from him.

I don't think it affected the game one way or another.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:35 PM   #13
NugsFan

NugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the rough

It was a hard foul, and probably pretty cheap, but I didn't see any of the Mavs stand up to Kmart after that...they need to get a little fire lit up under them.
NugsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:57 PM   #14
NugsFan

NugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the roughNugsFan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavsfan4ever View Post
Even Denver's front off is full of pricks.
This coming from someone who's team is owned by none other then Mark Cuban?!?
Old 05-05-2009, 12:08 AM   #15
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugsFan View Post
What does that have to do with facts?
Old 05-05-2009, 12:09 AM   #16
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugsFan View Post
Ok and this is coming from a bandwagon Nuggets fan...where was you last season?
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:11 AM   #17
GoNugs

GoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these partsGoNugs is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
A) In English class...

B) Watching the Nuggets get swept against the Lakers.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:23 AM   #18
NugsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
What does that have to do with facts?
Nothing, ask your boy Mavsfan4ever the same question...

Last edited by NugsFan; 05-05-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #19
NugsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
Don't even try to call me a bandwagon fan... I was born and raised in Denver, been going to nuggets games since 1992...try again.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:42 AM   #20
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Nice job showing both hands as we know you know have 2 different accounts. Don't troll and we won't mind. But your posts are completly ridiculous
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:37 AM   #21
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Smart move, picking straight out that Dirk is a flopper to make sure the calls doesnt change too much after game 1.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:39 AM   #22
Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud ofBig Shot Rob has much to be proud of

I was going to stay out of this. After all, my team was defeated by the Mavs and are all at the fishing pier right now swatting gnats away from their peanut and jelly sandwiches while Popovich is drinking fine wine in Europe.

But I can't resist.

Nugget fan--the fact that you sign up for this board for the sole of being a jerk is just more evidence that there is something wrong with Nugget fans, Nugget players, their organization--anything having to do with the franchise.

Maybe its the altitude. Who knows. Maybe its so tough to get oxygen to the brain of these folks that it causes them to do strange things.

But it doesn't end there.

First--a thing or two about their slob coach, George Karl, whose forehead is so large it is a wonder he can fit it inside of the arena.

This guy is the biggest whiner in the league. That title used to belong to Phil Jackson, who was infamous for bitching about refs before, during and after games.

Well Phil--you had a good student in George Karl.

Case in point from my perspective: Manu Ginobili.

Last couple of times the Spurs beat the hell out of the Nugats, Karl came unglued about Manu and his style of play. Would scream and cry after the games were over and rage on and on about his charge that Manu is little more than a football player who can dribble a basketball.

Now--I am a realist. Everybody hates Ginobili except for Spurs fans.

But there is a bit of irony about the way that Karl would go beserk and whine about Manu.

Denver sent out its owner's plane to pick up Manu for his recruiting trip to...you guessed it...Denver.

Strange that a coach who bitches and moans as much about a player as George Karl does that he does everything he possible can to recruit that same player.

Coach Lardass Karl has no credibility. None. Zero. Nada. The years he spent in the Denver altitude not only made him lose his hair--it made him lose his mind as well.

For real chuckles, though, the Denver media has got to be the worst in any major sports city. Woody Page is a fathead. But his co-hort--Mark Kizela--is--well--lets just say that you have to read his columns to understand what I am talking about. I can recall vividly Mark Homer Kizela go on and on about how Denver was so vastly superior, had so much more talent, was superior in every way, that Manu is a total disgrace to basketball, how Duncan has lost it, etc.

Not only that--the dumbass actually takes the time to send long-winded rebuttals to fans from opposing teams. Most sportswriters laugh them off. Not this guy. He takes everything seriously. For grins--Mav fans should send him a ton of correspondance. Of course, I am waiting for when the series comes to Texas, where the guy will write a column about our state being nothing but uneducated hicks.

For I say--I was going to stay out of this fight between Mav fans and a deranged Nugget fan.

I figured--someone who has dealt with these morons during a playoff series should speak up and reveal them to be the jerks that they are.

But I won't.

I won't.

The hell I won't.

(RIP John Wayne).

GO MAVS!
Big Shot Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 05:44 AM   #23
croco

croco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura aboutcroco has a spectacular aura about

As long as the referees of Game 2 take notice...
croco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:01 AM   #24
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Big Shot Rob, I love a man who knows basketball, and tells it like it is. Nice post.

Glad to see it was changed to a flagrant fowl. There will be pressure on (I hope) to have a game that is far more evenly called tonight.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:22 AM   #25
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNugs View Post

I think the fine was well deserved...he gave Dirk a hard foul in an attempt to change up the pace...and looking back...it worked.
That's not the point.

The point is that Kenyon Martin stated that he was going to have to play tough on Dirk this series. Grab him, push him, hold him...I can go get the quote if you'd like, although I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Despite an arguably "premeditated" attempt to mess Dirk off his game with hard and/or flagrant fouls, the refs did little to call the game differently. If anything, especially after the foul, the referees called the game more physically. That just doesn't make any sense...

There were times when Denver played good defense, but overall, Denver was allowed to make a ton of contact on Dirk. And if on defense, we were allowed to make a ton of contact too, I'd be OK with that. But we were called several times for touch fouls. Technically, I'm sure what we were doing was against the rules and a foul, but you can't call a foul only by definition when the other team is getting away with plenty more on the opposite end.

Anyway...didn't Karl admit that while he didn't think his defenders fouled Dirk on his shot, that they may have fouled him off the ball? He did, and I'll get the quote out if you want it. Karl's idiocy is showing here: an off-ball foul is a foul nonetheless, and the referees should have called them when they happened. Karl is acting like off-ball fouls shouldn't matter, or as if he knows the refs won't call it. Hmm...

But when the opposite coach admits that his team might have fouled some, you know the game was reffed pretty bad.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:46 AM   #26
GoNugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
That's not the point.

The point is that Kenyon Martin stated that he was going to have to play tough on Dirk this series. Grab him, push him, hold him...I can go get the quote if you'd like, although I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Despite an arguably "premeditated" attempt to mess Dirk off his game with hard and/or flagrant fouls, the refs did little to call the game differently. If anything, especially after the foul, the referees called the game more physically. That just doesn't make any sense...

There were times when Denver played good defense, but overall, Denver was allowed to make a ton of contact on Dirk. And if on defense, we were allowed to make a ton of contact too, I'd be OK with that. But we were called several times for touch fouls. Technically, I'm sure what we were doing was against the rules and a foul, but you can't call a foul only by definition when the other team is getting away with plenty more on the opposite end.

Anyway...didn't Karl admit that while he didn't think his defenders fouled Dirk on his shot, that they may have fouled him off the ball? He did, and I'll get the quote out if you want it. Karl's idiocy is showing here: an off-ball foul is a foul nonetheless, and the referees should have called them when they happened. Karl is acting like off-ball fouls shouldn't matter, or as if he knows the refs won't call it. Hmm...

But when the opposite coach admits that his team might have fouled some, you know the game was reffed pretty bad.

In the end...the cool thing about blaming everything on officiating...is that when your team loses, you can still feel your team played the better game and avoid looking at the actual play of the two teams.

The Nuggets are going to play Dirk physical...that is no shock to anyone. In the past, Dirk has struggled with that kind of in your face defensive play. Any contact does not equal a foul.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:37 AM   #27
joemoeschmoe

joemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to alljoemoeschmoe is a name known to all

I'm really glad they didn't suspend KMart because Birdman >> KMart. If the Nuggets were smart they'd start Birdman and bring KMart off the bench. When Martin guarded Dirk, Dirk scored with ease. Birdman gave Dirk more trouble.
joemoeschmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:19 AM   #28
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Physical, equals pushing grabbing, and grinding on dirk's hip all of which are illegal except when Crawford refs a game that the mavs are in
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:33 AM   #29
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
In the end...the cool thing about blaming everything on officiating...is that when your team loses, you can still feel your team played the better game and avoid looking at the actual play of the two teams.

The Nuggets are going to play Dirk physical...that is no shock to anyone. In the past, Dirk has struggled with that kind of in your face defensive play. Any contact does not equal a foul.
Typical numb-nuts troll. You can argue (as most have) that the officiating was horrific but that didn't CAUSE us to lose the game, it just contributed to it. And for some reason ( I can't quite figure it out) folks kinda want to see impartial reffing. I don't know...something about integrity, fair play and all that in our sporting arenas. But a numb-nuts troll would not really understand that, the numb-nuts troll would just spout more sputtering, spitting garbage.

Only a numb-nuts troll could not understand that having officiating being such a big part of the game is not a good thing...This same numb-nuts troll was probably right there with gangsta Melo bitching about his obvious fouls.

Sitting there in his mommies house, drinking her sodas, eating her chips, using her computer to bitch about how poor melo was getting jobbed.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:43 AM   #30
dude1394
Guru

Quote:

Dang...the numb-nuts troll may be correct.

Before the foul the mavs were up 3 points. Then after the foul the mavs stretched that to 6 after dirk put another one in Martin's grill and Karl went smaller to get Anderson in there. Then they stretched it out to 8 by the end of the quarter. Nice change of pace there lucky.

Before the foul dirk had scored ..10 points. He was limited to 18 more by the change of pace.

But I guess I had forgotten how basketball is played. We need to send in Matt Carroll to flagrantly foul someone to "change the pace".

Your mommie really shouldn't let you use the computer by yourself, it makes her IP address look stupid.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #31
pepe

pepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to allpepe is a name known to all

If KMart receives another flagrant in the playoffs, Will he get a suspension?... I believe so, but I am not sure.
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:34 AM   #32
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe View Post
If KMart receives another flagrant in the playoffs, Will he get a suspension?... I believe so, but I am not sure.
No, he needs four flagrant points to be suspended. He only has one.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #33
nuggetsbrick

nuggetsbrick will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shot Rob View Post
I was going to stay out of this. After all, my team was defeated by the Mavs and are all at the fishing pier right now swatting gnats away from their peanut and jelly sandwiches while Popovich is drinking fine wine in Europe.

But I can't resist.

Nugget fan--the fact that you sign up for this board for the sole of being a jerk is just more evidence that there is something wrong with Nugget fans, Nugget players, their organization--anything having to do with the franchise.

Maybe its the altitude. Who knows. Maybe its so tough to get oxygen to the brain of these folks that it causes them to do strange things.

But it doesn't end there.

First--a thing or two about their slob coach, George Karl, whose forehead is so large it is a wonder he can fit it inside of the arena.

This guy is the biggest whiner in the league. That title used to belong to Phil Jackson, who was infamous for bitching about refs before, during and after games.

Well Phil--you had a good student in George Karl.

Case in point from my perspective: Manu Ginobili.

Last couple of times the Spurs beat the hell out of the Nugats, Karl came unglued about Manu and his style of play. Would scream and cry after the games were over and rage on and on about his charge that Manu is little more than a football player who can dribble a basketball.

Now--I am a realist. Everybody hates Ginobili except for Spurs fans.

But there is a bit of irony about the way that Karl would go beserk and whine about Manu.

Denver sent out its owner's plane to pick up Manu for his recruiting trip to...you guessed it...Denver.

Strange that a coach who bitches and moans as much about a player as George Karl does that he does everything he possible can to recruit that same player.

Coach Lardass Karl has no credibility. None. Zero. Nada. The years he spent in the Denver altitude not only made him lose his hair--it made him lose his mind as well.

For real chuckles, though, the Denver media has got to be the worst in any major sports city. Woody Page is a fathead. But his co-hort--Mark Kizela--is--well--lets just say that you have to read his columns to understand what I am talking about. I can recall vividly Mark Homer Kizela go on and on about how Denver was so vastly superior, had so much more talent, was superior in every way, that Manu is a total disgrace to basketball, how Duncan has lost it, etc.

Not only that--the dumbass actually takes the time to send long-winded rebuttals to fans from opposing teams. Most sportswriters laugh them off. Not this guy. He takes everything seriously. For grins--Mav fans should send him a ton of correspondance. Of course, I am waiting for when the series comes to Texas, where the guy will write a column about our state being nothing but uneducated hicks.

For I say--I was going to stay out of this fight between Mav fans and a deranged Nugget fan.

I figured--someone who has dealt with these morons during a playoff series should speak up and reveal them to be the jerks that they are.

But I won't.

I won't.

The hell I won't.

(RIP John Wayne).

GO MAVS!
I always respected the Spurs even though they crushed the Nugs in the playoffs. They were the better team by far and usually conducted themselves with a lot of class. I don't hate Ginobili either- I wish we had him.

Now I'm not sure if you are an uneducated hick- not everyone in Texas is- but you do come across as a . You have one of the greatest teams in history and you've reduced yourself to whining about the Nuggets on a Mavs board. Pathetic.

Back to the flagrant foul- Martin deserved it. He's pretty much a punk; I never liked him. But it did have a positive impact on the game.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 05-05-2009 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Personal attack/Foul language
nuggetsbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:45 AM   #34
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

mod edit

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."

Last edited by mary; 05-05-2009 at 11:09 AM. Reason: seriously dude...
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #35
digit

digit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura aboutdigit has a spectacular aura about

wrong thread, pls delete

Last edited by digit; 05-05-2009 at 10:52 AM.
digit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #36
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
mod edit.
Not to go off-topic but would I have been able to get away with this?

Last edited by mary; 05-05-2009 at 11:10 AM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:02 AM   #37
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

wat

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #38
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan View Post
Not to go off-topic but would I have been able to get away with this?
Only if you direct it at a Nuggets troll...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #39
mmmfast

mmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to allmmmfast is a name known to all

My ignore list is filling up with butt nuggets.

Good to see the cheapshot get a fine, too bad the refs were eating whistles on one end and let it go in game.
And for posterity...F*&@ you Dan Crawford!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #40
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Does not really effect the series at all, it became an off court issue, once KMart was fined. What 25,000 to a guy making 12 million a year. I'm sure the locker room is going to help subsidize the fine for KMart....under the table. These games are individual games refereed differently, do the Mavs have a shot, if fouls are called down the line? Probably, in Game 1.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
iowa = real gangsta, quote war?