Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 11-18-2003, 01:45 PM   #41
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all
Default RE:Where have you lived?

A barrio is not a negative thing. It's just a statement made regarding the cultural climate that exists there.
Old 11-18-2003, 01:49 PM   #42
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Where have you lived?

Oh... well my bad then. I had no idea what a barrio was exactly, although I've heard the term used in the past. I guess I always assumed it meant slum or something like that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Thanks for the enlightenment. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 01:52 PM   #43
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

You are forgiven, however, when in doubt, look it up on http://www.dictionary.com ..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 01:57 PM   #44
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I will Hot... I will.

I apparently like living in the barrio.... I think the case could be made that I live on the outskirts of the Lewisville "barrio" now.
Old 11-18-2003, 02:02 PM   #45
Caliente
Diamond Member

Ollie, all your secrets are safe with me........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] P.S. Somebody pm'd me about the Mav party and said that you made balloon animals,
is that true? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 02:04 PM   #46
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: Caliente
Ollie, all your secrets are safe with me........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] P.S. Somebody pm'd me about the Mav party and said that you made balloon animals,
is that true? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
If your nickname for "Beer" is "Balloon Animals" then yes.... yes I did. Well I didn't make them, but I did ingest them. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 02:07 PM   #47
Caliente
Diamond Member

Yes, I'm sorry. I misunderstood. They did say "beer animals.".............I heard you were voted the poster "most people wanted to meet."....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 03:32 PM   #48
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Yes, I'm sorry. I misunderstood. They did say "beer animals.".............I heard you were voted the poster "most people wanted to meet."....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Not true... if true then surely there would have been more people there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

And who in their right mind would actually want to meet Oliver North? (besides me of course [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] )
Old 11-18-2003, 03:34 PM   #49
Caliente
Diamond Member

You know why...........the sexy picture of your head cloaked by the American flag.............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I will never forget those ears..................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 03:41 PM   #50
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I have always had a problem with people fawning over my ears.[img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 03:43 PM   #51
Caliente
Diamond Member

Stop it now.....No, not really, I didn't mean it......Please, don't stop........that ear is off the hook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Thanks for making my day......................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 03:47 PM   #52
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

I think you are misdirecting your adulation at my ear, when it clearly should be given to the flag.
Old 11-18-2003, 03:51 PM   #53
Caliente
Diamond Member

Ollie, I salute the flag and your ear.............in that order...............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I wish I could've made the party.....I heard you were worth the
price of admission alone........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 04:09 PM   #54
Lonely PSU Mavs Fan

Lonely PSU Mavs Fan is on a distinguished road

Only 2 places for me:

Santa Fe, New Mexico (born)
State College, Pennsylvania
Old 11-18-2003, 04:20 PM   #55
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Ollie, I salute the flag and your ear.............in that order...............[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I wish I could've made the party.....I heard you were worth the
price of admission alone........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
i did say it was great to finally meet you in person, U2! however, i think i worded it a little less... seductively. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 06:58 PM   #56
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Oak Cliff, Duncanville, San Antonio, Denver, CO Biloxi,MS, Austin, Lubbock, Oak Cliff, San Jose, CA.
Represent!
Old 11-19-2003, 12:15 AM   #57
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Quote:
Originally posted by: dallas_esq
Oak Cliff, Duncanville, San Antonio, Denver, CO Biloxi,MS, Austin, Lubbock, Oak Cliff, San Jose, CA.
Represent!
Ahhhh the greatness of Drunk-in-hell..... at least you always have the Cliff to fall back on if you find yourself living in DVille. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

One thing I can't figure out is why anyone that has EVER lived in Austin would want to leave it??????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2003, 08:26 AM   #58
dallas_esq
Golden Member

dallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the roughdallas_esq is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Quote:
Originally posted by: dallas_esq
Represent!
Ahhhh the greatness of Drunk-in-hell..... at least you always have the Cliff to fall back on if you find yourself living in DVille. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

One thing I can't figure out is why anyone that has EVER lived in Austin would want to leave it??????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
I can't figure that out either.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:21 AM   #59
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiles
Honolulu
Vista, CA
Falbrook, CA
Fontana, CA
BUMP! this is an old ass thread.

Wow, Smiles, we have something pretty obscure in common....

Phoenix, AZ
Winchester, VA
Phoenix, AZ again
Fontana, CA
Jacksonville, FL
Flower Mound, TX
Denton, TX
Lewisville, TX
Carrollton, TX
Old 08-24-2007, 08:45 AM   #60
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Whitehouse, TX
Tyler, TX
Winnsboro, TX
Fayetteville, AR
Denton, TX
College Station, TX
Longview, TX
Old 08-24-2007, 09:53 AM   #61
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Fort Worth, TX
Watauga, TX
Plano, TX
Arlington, TX
Keller, TX
Antioch, CA
Brentwcood, CA
Irvine, CA

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:18 AM   #62
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

this thread makes me feel like I'm in a Johnny Cash song. I've been everywhere, man, I've been everywhere.

Tyler, Haltom City, Weatherford, Arlington, Los Angeles CA, Keller, Dallas, Anchorage AK, Dallas, Bangor ME, Orono ME, Old Town ME, Glen Rose, Dallas, Austin, La Mirada CA, man

Crossed the deserts bare, man
I've breathed the mountain air, man
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:19 AM   #63
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3
abilene
baird
sanger
denton
sanger
lewisville/lake dallas
krum
lewisville
sanger? no s___?

me:

Sanger
McAllen
Soyo, Angola
Denton
Dallas
Sanger
Old 08-24-2007, 10:23 AM   #64
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

San Angelo, TX
Fort Worth, TX
Irving, TX
Denton, TX
Irving, TX again

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:28 AM   #65
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Fort Worth, TX - 18 years
Waco, TX - 1 year

I'm not very exciting.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:59 AM   #66
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
BUMP! this is an old ass thread.

Wow, Smiles, we have something pretty obscure in common....

Phoenix, AZ
Winchester, VA
Phoenix, AZ again
Fontana, CA
Jacksonville, FL
Flower Mound, TX
Denton, TX
Lewisville, TX
Carrollton, TX
Fontana, CA and the state of Virginia! That is pretty random. I did spend a summer near Jacksonville, FL when I was 19 - fun area!

BBL was also born in Honolulu? Small world. (Tripler Army Medical Center)

Wow, this is an old thread....
Old 08-24-2007, 11:00 AM   #67
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Fontana, CA....the armpit of America.

I don't miss that place at all.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:10 AM   #68
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Miami, FL

That's it!
Old 08-24-2007, 11:30 AM   #69
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Garland, TX - 16 years (born there)
Lancaster, TX - 22 years
Austin, TX - 10 years
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 11:59 AM   #70
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

Lamesa, TX
Ackerly, TX
Big Spring, TX
Austin, TX
Shelby, MT
Poulsbo, WA
Longview, WA
Chahalis, WA
Kelso, WA
Ackerly, TX
Santa Rosa, CA
Portland, OR
Ackerly, TX
Austin, TX

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:21 PM   #71
Pongo
Golden Member

Pongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to allPongo is a name known to all

Gronau ("Münsterland" in NRW, Germany)

will move to Würzburg next month or so (seriously)
Old 08-24-2007, 12:59 PM   #72
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Grand Prairie, TX (82-86)
Arlington, TX (87-01)
Dallas, TX (01-06 @ University Park, Upper/Lower Greenville, Oak Cliff, and Deep Ellum)
San Antonio, TX (06-present)

I'd like to make a stop in Austin before I decide where to settle down, but right now I cannot wait to get back to Big D. Either way, Texas is home.
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:38 PM   #73
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

McLean, VA <born and raised>
Radford and Blacksburg, VA <college>
Arlington and Lorton, VA <work>
Davis and SanFrancisco, CA <grad school>
Beijing, China <teaching>
and back to...
McLean, VA (2003 - present)
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:23 PM   #74
MissNU

MissNU has a spectacular aura aboutMissNU has a spectacular aura aboutMissNU has a spectacular aura about

In a van.....down by the river!
MissNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 03:38 PM   #75
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Austin, TX
Claremont, CA
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:24 PM   #76
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissNU
In a van.....down by the river!
No one is surprised...
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 05:06 PM   #77
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
McLean, VA <born and raised>
Radford and Blacksburg, VA <college>
Arlington and Lorton, VA <work>
Davis and SanFrancisco, CA <grad school>
Beijing, China <teaching>
and back to...
McLean, VA (2003 - present)
what school in california did you go to?

Contact Me
Old 08-24-2007, 05:06 PM   #78
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
this thread makes me feel like I'm in a Johnny Cash song. I've been everywhere, man, I've been everywhere.

Tyler, Haltom City, Weatherford, Arlington, Los Angeles CA, Keller, Dallas, Anchorage AK, Dallas, Bangor ME, Orono ME, Old Town ME, Glen Rose, Dallas, Austin, La Mirada CA, man

Crossed the deserts bare, man
I've breathed the mountain air, man
alaska?? why?

Contact Me
Old 08-24-2007, 06:26 PM   #79
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Good salmon.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:38 PM   #80
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

You know you're in the largest state in the union
When you're anchored down in Anchorage
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote