Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 02-17-2006, 05:35 PM   #41
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
No give blame to where its due and its Cuban. Simple as that. Nellie looked like a little boy who's puppy just died all of his time here last season. You think if we resigned Nash that Nellie would've stepped down? I think not. So maybe it was a blessing in disguise. I still don't let Nash walk now but you can't argue with the success the Mavs have had since his departure.
It would be interesting ( in a train wreck kind of way ) to see what the team would be if nelson didn't step down. I thought the mavs were really tuning him out and thinking that they couldn't really compete.

Dirk could and did, but the rest of the team looked pretty lost.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2006, 08:07 PM   #42
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I did a search on this site for the highlights of Fin's dunks and buzzer beaters and circus shots but it's no longer available I guess. Bummer.

It had those dunks over Rasho (Minnesota playoffs), Malone (Utah playoffs), Harvey (reg game in Denver) and others. Also had those 3's against Orlando a few years back.

DTF mentioned the dunk over David Robinson in his rookie season. Simply amazing. And the one over Mutombo (also his rookie season) in which I'll never forget the look on Barkley's face.

Of course, the one over Yao has to be considered impressive simply because of his height.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:53 PM   #43
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Don Nelson was crushed when Nash left for Phoenix. Where did you get this impression/information? Or was that sarcasm?

Not sarcasm at all. I am not saying that Nellie convinced Cuban to let Nash go. I am saying that Cuban heard Nellie complain about Nash's durability for YEARS and Cuban based his decision on Nash' Durability. Cuban didn't want the Mavs to be stuck with a broken down pg making 12 million a year in the latter contract years. He might still break down but it doesn't look like it.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 08:58 PM   #44
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Not a bad point bookit. Nelson might have messed himself on that one.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:47 PM   #45
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
I did a search on this site for the highlights of Fin's dunks and buzzer beaters and circus shots but it's no longer available I guess. Bummer.

It had those dunks over Rasho (Minnesota playoffs), Malone (Utah playoffs), Harvey (reg game in Denver) and others. Also had those 3's against Orlando a few years back.

DTF mentioned the dunk over David Robinson in his rookie season. Simply amazing. And the one over Mutombo (also his rookie season) in which I'll never forget the look on Barkley's face.

Of course, the one over Yao has to be considered impressive simply because of his height.
I never saw the one over Mutombo. I'd love to see that one. The one over Yao was just nasty. It wasn't like Finley was flying at Yao he actually hit a jumpstop and still dunked on the guy. The one over Adonal Foyle last year was also sick.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:49 PM   #46
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Shouldn't we give Cuban more credit than that though? Did he really base the Nash decision on what Nellie said to the media which IMO was always about 90% bs from Nellie? I always thought it was a reverse psychology thing with Nellie. Tell the team they suck in the media and the team would be fired up and try to prove him wrong. I'd think Cuban would actually talk with Nellie before he decided not to resign Nash. And let's not forget the contract Cuban gave Nash wasn't that far from the one the Suns made. Wasn't it a 4 year deal at about 12 million a year?
Old 02-18-2006, 02:49 AM   #47
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I really want to watch a finley highlight reel now..

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:19 AM   #48
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Just a heads up for us Fin fans. I didn't catch the game but he didn't miss a shot from the field tonight. 8-8 for 22 points in 21 minutes while dishing out 3 assists and grabbing 4 rebounds. Pretty solid game for only playing 21 minutes. Seems as if he's getting warmed up for the showdown on Thursday.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:24 AM   #49
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Hopefully he expended all his mojo tonight.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:28 AM   #50
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Why does it seem like the Spurs never have anyone play over 30 minutes lol? Not knocking it because its obviously working but is this a sign of gearing up for the post season?
Old 02-28-2006, 01:07 AM   #51
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Fin would have had a perfect night had he not missed a ft. Nice to see him get some boards and dish a few assists while shooting the ball well too.

He's due for a good streak so I guess Thursday will tell.