Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-26-2003, 11:48 AM   #41
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Mike Finley

I'm not sure if it's a called play or just one of those eye contact things, but I like seeing Finley posted up on a smaller player. He has the defender on his back and once he feels the slight give, he's twisting away towards the basket where he catches the pass for a dunk or layup.

I've seen it 3 times already. The first against Houston where Finley ditched Mobley and Walker dished him the pass for the dunk. The second was against the Spurs where Finley ditched Ginobli and Bradley dished the oop. And last night when Finley ditched Crawford and Walker dished for the Fin layup.

I hope we see more of it.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:53 AM   #42
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Mike Finley

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavsFanFinley
I'm not sure if it's a called play or just one of those eye contact things, but I like seeing Finley posted up on a smaller player. He has the defender on his back and once he feels the slight give, he's twisting away towards the basket where he catches the pass for a dunk or layup.

I've seen it 3 times already. The first against Houston where Finley ditched Mobley and Walker dished him the pass for the dunk. The second was against the Spurs where Finley ditched Ginobli and Bradley dished the oop. And last night when Finley ditched Crawford and Walker dished for the Fin layup.

I hope we see more of it.

I noticed this to. The pick and roll with Dirk and Nash is impossible to guard for opposing teams. It's good to see Fin has one of those plays. Everytime I see it I always think Fin's going to get a oop. I have yet to see a better executed play then when Bradley hit Fin for a oop. Why does it seem like everyone on this team has become a better passer with the addition of Walker?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote