Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-07-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
This is nearly the best case scenario from Wright.

He's playing good D, attacking the lane, making the smart passes.
He just needs to keep working on that Jumper.

For the record, since it's been debated lately, right now:
Wright > Green
Anybody that says Green > Wright does not really know the game of basketball.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
I think people were probably saying Green's potential >>> Wright's potential, no doubt right now Wright is the better player.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #3
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
You talk like Wright is this All World player. He is what he is. He's not a starter in this league and never will be. Green however has the potential to be. Atleast he should get the chance anyway. Wright would be a great guy to have come off the bench probably a part of your 8 man rotation but that's about it.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:18 PM   #4
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
You talk like Wright is this All World player. He is what he is. He's not a starter in this league and never will be. Green however has the potential to be. Atleast he should get the chance anyway. Wright would be a great guy to have come off the bench probably a part of your 8 man rotation but that's about it.
I wouldn't even start Green on my NBDL team.

Contact Me
Old 02-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then you're an idiot?

Green has proven he can score on the drive, from the jumper and behind the arc. Anyone who can do all three of those things and play marginally okay defense and has decent decision making should be able to play in the NBA. Green has marginally okay defense (with room to improve) and has decent decision making (again, with room to improve).

I firmly believe Wright is a better player RIGHT NOW than Green. Wright has the potential, imo, to be a 5th starter or 6th or 7th man off the bench...nothing more.

Green has the chance of becoming a LeBron-like player. Not the next LeBron, but an extremely atheletic player who dunks like crazy, has an outside game and has the potential to become a very good shot blocker and defender.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:23 PM   #6
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Then you're an idiot?

Green has proven he can score on the drive, from the jumper and behind the arc. Anyone who can do all three of those things and play marginally okay defense and has decent decision making should be able to play in the NBA. Green has marginally okay defense (with room to improve) and has decent decision making (again, with room to improve).

I firmly believe Wright is a better player RIGHT NOW than Green. Wright has the potential, imo, to be a 5th starter or 6th or 7th man off the bench...nothing more.

Green has the chance of becoming a LeBron-like player. Not the next LeBron, but an extremely atheletic player who dunks like crazy, has an outside game and has the potential to become a very good shot blocker and defender.
That's why Dallas is his fourth team in 2 years. nice.

Contact Me
Old 02-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #7
monty55555
Platinum Member

monty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant futuremonty55555 has a brilliant future

This 2nd unit has saved the Mavs so far.

Last edited by monty55555; 02-07-2009 at 09:25 PM.
monty55555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #8
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's why Dallas is his fourth team in 2 years. nice.
So, are you saying you haven't like what you've seen from Green on the offensive side of the ball this year?
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #9
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
So, are you saying you haven't like what you've seen from Green on the offensive side of the ball this year?
Yes.

Contact Me
Old 02-07-2009, 09:23 PM   #10
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
What? What made you come to the conclusion? We haven't seen him even on the floor this season and when he has been he's showing his potential. Wow.

JET is getting his hands on the ball everytime Ben Gordon has it. I remember last time the two met Gordon made JET his bitch. JET's not having it this game.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alby=rep, dirk = clutch...again, dirk = the awesomeness, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk=clutch, it didn't start well, it ended well though, terry injury