Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 12-21-2003, 12:12 AM   #1
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of
Default Think About It..........

Dallas trades: PF Dirk Nowitzki (19.1 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.1 apg in 35.7 minutes)
SF Josh Howard (7.4 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.2 apg in 19.6 minutes)
Dallas receives: PF Maurice Taylor (10.9 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.1 apg in 26.3 minutes)
C Yao Ming (16.3 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 1.8 apg in 34.6 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +0.7 ppg, +1.1 rpg, and -0.4 apg.

Houston trades: PF Maurice Taylor (10.9 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.1 apg in 26.3 minutes)
Houston receives: PF Dirk Nowitzki (19.1 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.1 apg in 20 games)
SF Josh Howard (7.4 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.2 apg in 21 games)
Change in team outlook: -0.7 ppg, -1.1 rpg, and +0.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2003, 12:16 AM   #2
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Think About It..........

Thats a big ol hell no
Old 12-21-2003, 12:23 AM   #3
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Think About It..........

Houston would laugh at that trade.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 12:24 AM   #4
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

absolutely not

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 12:31 AM   #5
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power
how so...?
Old 12-21-2003, 12:33 AM   #6
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

I was thinking of a trade involving Ming as well.. but definantly not involving Dirk.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:22 AM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Ming is agile and can fight it up. We could play him at the 4, Bradley at the 5 and then we could start Best, Nash and Delk to accompany at the 1-3 positions. THAT would cause some major height mismatches
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 01:35 AM   #8
Max Power
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Jamisonite
Quote:
how so...?
Basically every team in the NBA wants a center so the demand is extremely high. Dirk is fairly maxed out as far as stats go so the Rockets can easily see what Dirk will bring as a player. Ming is certainly capable of having very similar stats in the ultimate premium position.

Plus the global branding of Yao is much stronger. He has many more fans and they buy a ton of merchandise. There is talk that soon the NBA will be forced to give teams their merchandising rights back and that's a LOT of money.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:03 AM   #9
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Yao is untouchable. If its Dirk for Yao. I'll take Dirk.
Old 12-21-2003, 05:10 PM   #10
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Walkerforthree is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Dallas would laugh more. And Houston wouldn't laugh. Dirk is better then yao and alwaysa will be, book it.
Walkerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 05:11 PM   #11
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Walkerforthree is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by: Jamisonite
Quote:
how so...?
Basically every team in the NBA wants a center so the demand is extremely high. Dirk is fairly maxed out as far as stats go so the Rockets can easily see what Dirk will bring as a player. Ming is certainly capable of having very similar stats in the ultimate premium position.

Plus the global branding of Yao is much stronger. He has many more fans and they buy a ton of merchandise. There is talk that soon the NBA will be forced to give teams their merchandising rights back and that's a LOT of money.
You just hate dirk, its so blatantly obvious. If you think Dirk has maxed out, then you need help, Dirk still has untapped potential, he goes to Germany every summer and gets better.
Walkerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 11:50 PM   #12
Max Power
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: Walkerforthree
You just hate dirk, its so blatantly obvious. If you think Dirk has maxed out, then you need help, Dirk still has untapped potential, he goes to Germany every summer and gets better.
I don't hate Dirk at all. He is the best player on the team. But show me the improvements.

00-01 .474 fg% .387 3p% .838 ft% 1.0 stl 1.2 blk 1.9 to 9.2 reb 2.1 ast 21.8 ppg
01-02 .477 fg% .397 3p% .853 ft% 1.1 stl 1.0 blk 1.9 to 10.0 reb 2.4 ast 23.4 ppg
02-03 .463 fg% .379 3p% .881 ft% 1.4 stl 1.0 blk 1.9 to 9.9 reb 3.0 ast 25.1 ppg

Show me the improvement. His fg% hasn't improved nor his 3p%. He did show a minor improvement in his ft% and is getting a few more steals but his blocks are the same as well as his turnovers. His rebounding is slightly improved as well as his assists but nothing dramatic. The only thing that REALLY improved was his points per game. And that is mostly a function of going from 15.2 shots per game to 18.6 shots per game. In fact you would be correct in saying that Dirk was a less efficient scorer last year than in the previous two.

Thus I stand by my original statement that Dirk is fairly maxed out in his stats. Do you have anything to add to the discussion?

Forgot to add one last thing. In 00-01 Dirk averaged 6.6 free throws per game, in 01-02 increased to 6.8 per game and in 02-03 it stayed 6.8 per game. Minimal improvement in this area.
Old 12-22-2003, 12:33 AM   #13
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Houston will laugh off many trade ideas for Ming.

Other than Shaq, Ming is the only freak center out there.
Old 12-22-2003, 02:54 AM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

walkerforthree- I keep seeing you say how others hate Dirk because they don't hang off his nut sack. The best posters on this site all love Dirk to a fault, but they also critique his performance. He has not played well this year (by his own standards and own admission). If you can't objectively accept that Dirk has fallen below ours and his standards, then it is your problem. The problem is not with MP making a pretty dadgum accurate statement at the expense of Dirk.

Since you haven't been around all that long, maybe a pass is in order, but I am as big a Dirk fan as there is in this world and I wold have to think hard about a Dirk for Yao trade.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 07:31 AM   #15
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk's my favorite player in the league, but I'd trade him for Yao Ming.

Ming - Bradley
Walker - Fortson
Jamison - Howard
Finley - Daniels
Nash - Best - Delk

Add a backup point guard and you're in business with that team.

Old 12-22-2003, 08:05 AM   #16
ReDIRKulous
Golden Member

ReDIRKulous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
Dirk's my favorite player in the league, but I'd trade him for Yao Ming.

Ming - Bradley
Walker - Fortson
Jamison - Howard
Finley - Daniels
Nash - Best - Delk

Add a backup point guard and you're in business with that team.

I don't think I would do it. I do't think yao will ever be agressive enough offensively to win a championship. sadly... I think he will be another Patrick Ewing in the clutch. Poor Van Gundy.
There is nothing wrong with criticizing a team if your points are valid. But most of the armchair coaches on this board talk pseudo-basketball-ese and make results oriented comments as if they actually have an understanding of the game at the pro level. Most of the comments are based on disappointment from unrealistic expectations or the most ludicrous notion that you sitting in your barc-o-lounger knows more about how to win basketball games than Nelson. Just not gonna happen, boysan.-TwoDeep3
ReDIRKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 08:12 AM   #17
ZueriMav

ZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really niceZueriMav is just really nice

Quote:
Originally posted by: Nash13
Dallas trades: PF Dirk Nowitzki (19.1 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.1 apg in 35.7 minutes)
SF Josh Howard (7.4 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.2 apg in 19.6 minutes)
Dallas receives: PF Maurice Taylor (10.9 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.1 apg in 26.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +0.7 ppg, +1.1 rpg, and -0.4 apg.

Houston trades: PF Maurice Taylor (10.9 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.1 apg in 26.3 minutes)
Houston receives: PF Dirk Nowitzki (19.1 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.1 apg in 20 games)
SF Josh Howard (7.4 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.2 apg in 21 games)
Change in team outlook: -0.7 ppg, -1.1 rpg, and +0.4 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED
And how many posters of this forum and fans will be traded in the process??? However, a "couple" Chinese fans buying Mavs gear would make Cube happy. Somebody better forward this thread to Mark

That said, I wouldn't do this trade

ZueriMav is offline   Reply With Quote