Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 10-11-2002, 02:21 PM   #1
Chef Ed

Chef Ed is on a distinguished road

When you look at the first two games you would tend to think that
a New Bradley had taken the floor of the AAC, but is it cosmetic? I mean look at game 1. He picked up 4 fouls in the first Quarter. Sure he ended up with good #'s but that was against bench players. I just have the impression that his #'s are fake. The closer we get to Oct.30th against Mem. I think we will get a better indication, but it won't be until the end of November before the answer is clear.
Old 10-11-2002, 02:46 PM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Progress is both realized and psychological. Bradley seems to be gaining psychological confidence and his numbers are nice. I like what I see, but wait to make a final determination. I am pulling for Bradley to break out this year.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 02:51 PM   #3
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Well, Bradley's preseason stats are probably inflated because he's gone up against Keon Clark and Mark Blount. On the other hand, Keon Clark and Mark Blount's preseason numbers are probably deflated because they went up against Bradley.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 03:00 PM   #4
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i don't know why people are ripping bradley's numbers, even if they were against bench players.

i would rather have him come in and dominate a team's bench players than be completely ineffective on the bench.
Old 10-11-2002, 03:03 PM   #5
Base Line Guy
Golden Member

Base Line Guy is on a distinguished road

Props to Shawn and his clan of Bradley Jock Monkeys. Now, let's see if he can do it when it counts.

BLG
Old 10-11-2002, 03:07 PM   #6
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

Well, at least we have some potential left to threat people with now ...

And as long as Bradley jacks up good numbers against "bench-guys" like Keon Clark and stuff we donĀ“t have to be afraid of much teams anymore, since Clark has been regarded as one of the solid "starting" centers in the leauge in postseason
Old 10-11-2002, 03:16 PM   #7
COOLJAZZ

COOLJAZZ is on a distinguished road

Had to chime in with my two cents...Bradley posted these #'s against "Bench Players".

Don't bench players come off the bench in a real game? Don't bench players' efforts and stats count in a real game?

Back to Earth...this is Shawn Bradley not Bill Bradley (in his prime)we're talking about.
Nevermind.

Give me my two cents back!
Old 10-11-2002, 03:47 PM   #8
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Im not gonna get to hyped about this it is jus preaseason but he is showing signs which is bettter than what we saw last season. Anyone no if he wetn to the Big Man camp? If he continues to play like this maybe we should send Raef and Esch there also to get them to improve tehre big man game.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 04:20 PM   #9
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

<< When you look at the first two games you would tend to think that
a New Bradley had taken the floor of the AAC, but is it cosmetic? I mean look at game 1. He picked up 4 fouls in the first Quarter. Sure he ended up with good #'s but that was against bench players. I just have the impression that his #'s are fake. The closer we get to Oct.30th against Mem. I think we will get a better indication, but it won't be until the end of November before the answer is clear.
>>

Everyone, meet Charles Barkley Jr. They are just alike. Every time a person does good, he tries to bring him down. Just accept the fact that he got better over the summer.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 04:53 PM   #10
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts

Real. He did it.

Hope he stay doing it.
Old 10-11-2002, 07:02 PM   #11
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

Mantis made the &quot;Mr. Athletic&quot; Keon look ridiculous and awkward...that's a good enough start for me.

Keep it hard, Shawn
Old 10-11-2002, 07:56 PM   #12
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Bradley's numbers aren't fake nor inflated. I do think that Nellie's gameplan is working out pretty well by looking at the numbers. I haven't gotten a chance to see the games, but he seems to be able to contribute, and I think that is all we can ask for. By the way, Nellie's gameplan was to go more to Bradley on offensive end instead of just looking for him to contribute on defense. I think its working and he should keep doing it.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote