Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-02-2001, 08:46 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

dirk and nash have definitely been the mavs MVP's this playoff series.
more and more the mavs look like a team that is on when they are on. No offense meant to finley, but nash and dirk have taken over the reigns that lead this team to victory.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2001, 09:09 AM   #2
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Let's put it this way. Lastnight, Dirk and Nash DEFINATELY took over that game and got us the lead. Fin, just closed the door, but Dirk was UNFREAKING believable lastnight!!!! God is he good!!!
Old 05-02-2001, 09:16 AM   #3
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

just a trend i've noticed over the past year and a half
Old 05-02-2001, 12:33 PM   #4
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Look into my thread.
I think it´s pretty much the same.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 01:07 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

yeah, i've read yours, lams, crippler's and dj's points
all very valid.
juwan just needs to learn his place and finley has to accept that juwan's place isn't right alongside him at the top of the team
his spot is as a 4th option scorer and a guy that needs to rebound

i don't think juwan, finley, or nellie realized that for the first few months he was here, but i think finley and nellie are getting the point
Old 05-02-2001, 04:06 PM   #6
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

I don't really think you can say we have a playoffs MVP, because we have been inconcsistent. Dirk was awful in game 2, Finley got 8 point in game 4, etc.
Old 05-02-2001, 04:35 PM   #7
TheKid
Diamond Member

MVP should be NELLIE!!!!! He's kept this thing together and has always said the right thing to his team. He's been keeping them together, he's done a tremendous job!!!! However if we had to choose one player, WANG!!!!!
Old 05-02-2001, 04:41 PM   #8
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Dare I say Bradley's the MVP of the playoffs thus far. Turning point of the series IMO was his elbow to Malone. He stood up and said we're not going to be bullied any longer. Something no one else was willing to do. Whole series changed from there on.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 05:37 PM   #9
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

BRADLEY MVP BABY!

People always talk about Finley/Juwan lovefests and Dirk/Nash lovefests, but people seem to forget about the most effective lovefest of all: The Bradley's-Foot/Your-Ass lovefest...
Old 05-02-2001, 05:45 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

bradley has been a pivotal player in the mavs wins.
i don't think he's gotten enough credit
but, there is a good article today in the dallas morning news about him by Kevin Blackinstone
bradley has definitely made a huge impact. now, if we could get juwan to play with some of the emotion and fire that bradley has the past couple of games
Old 05-02-2001, 06:46 PM   #11
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Here's a small tidbit from the Mavs game 4 pre-game show(for those who didn't see it).

The NBA changed the ruling of the flagrant foul Bradley had on Malone in game 3. The ruling on the court was a flagrant 1. Before yesterdays game the NBA changed it to a flagrant 2 . Meaning if Bradley commits another flagrant foul in game 4(which he didn't), game 5 or beyond. He would be suspended for 1 game.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 06:50 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

*cough* bullshit! *cough*
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 06:54 PM   #13
Murphy3
Guru

if they can change the ruling from a flagrant one to a flagrant two on bradley, why the hell can't the give malone a flagrant two on the sh*t shot he took on dirk?
Old 05-02-2001, 06:58 PM   #14
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

The league office also says the refs made bad calls in the fourth quarter of game one. Why don't they issue a statement declaring that the next game the Jazz win will be overturned and made a win for the Mavs?
Old 05-03-2001, 08:33 AM   #15
TheKid
Diamond Member

That's such bullshit!!! I know where Stu Jackson lives too, if Bradley gets ejected I'm going to raise bloody hell!!!
Old 05-03-2001, 08:36 AM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

bradley just needs to play smart and under control.
although i wouldn't mind if they sent bryant in to knock the hell out of malone for his cheap shot on dirk