Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-02-2001, 12:26 PM   #1
ReggieThetaChi

ReggieThetaChi is on a distinguished road

Come on, yall! Nobody needs to jet. We're all mavericks fans here, some of us express our opinions differently. After all, we're not Jazz or Laker's fans. This should be the time we enjoy discussing basketball the most. We are on the verge of seeing our boys go to the second round, something that nobody else on this earth wants. Everyone, stick around, and let's be one big happy bunch of Mavericks freaks, yo! Reggie has spoken, so it is written, so it is done.
Old 05-02-2001, 12:31 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

AMEN BRUTHA [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The playoffs should be the most exciting time for Mavs fans! Well that and the offseason, when we can all start speculating about the 01-02 season and what moves the team should make! Plus I'll be officially finished with college (WOOHOOO!!) in a week and my programmer bud is moving back to BigD, so we can finally get the damn site up in its entirety!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 12:37 PM   #3
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

*sarcasm* Would ya'll both shut the hell up! Or I'm gonna leave! *sarcasm* [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 12:41 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2001, 12:43 PM   #5
ReggieThetaChi

Funny guy, yo!
Old 05-02-2001, 12:43 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

what are you guys talking about?
leaving? all the mavs fans leaving the game early?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 12:44 PM   #7
djb
Administrator

I think it has something to do with that LAMOO guy who posts here once in a while [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2001, 01:08 PM   #8
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

did he leave the game last night early?
well, if hed did, i'm not sure i'd admit it in public on a dallas mavericks message board
Old 05-02-2001, 02:21 PM   #9
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Murph...The rumor has it that LAM couldn't deal with the low mental capacities of some posters on this board and is now posting only at the Mensa message boards. It might just be a rumor so please don't shoot the messenger.

It's going to be weird here without him. It better not turn into a fairy convention where everyone agrees with everyone else and is happy all the time. Personally, I don't think we've seen the last of him though...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2001, 02:26 PM   #10
ReggieThetaChi

Hell, I'll play devil's advocate in order to keep things interesting.
Old 05-02-2001, 02:29 PM   #11
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

and I'll start calling you sigma chi or sig ep or something to keep his memory alive...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
Old 05-02-2001, 02:58 PM   #12
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I'm not going to defend LAMOO or squarly put the blame on his shoulders, I'll just say some posters kept getting on and pissing off other posters for what there opinions on things were. And some posters said they were leaving because of it. They felt like they were being attacked personally for there opinions. And didn't want to deal with it anymore.

I hope those posters reconsider though. So for those who said they were leaving, and you know who you are, Come on back. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 05-02-2001, 03:04 PM   #13
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

This site should not be a forum for infighting. It's like the man said, "Can't we all just get along?"...
Old 05-02-2001, 03:57 PM   #14
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

east west every state cmon bury the hate
Old 05-02-2001, 07:04 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

Lam's definitely has some great sports opinions..but an arrogant bitch
Old 05-02-2001, 07:17 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

rob, you seem to be someone that had a problem with him, so your opinion will be taken with a grain of salt
it does seem like a lovefest in here (just judging from some of the threads i've read in to)
i guess i'm already addicted
44 posts in my first day
yea!!!!!!!!!, go me
Old 05-02-2001, 07:56 PM   #17
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

"rob, you seem to be someone that had a problem with him,..."

Mmmm, Nah, not really.

"...so your opinion will be taken with a grain of salt"

Ok, thanks. I appreciate your rushed opinion. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2001, 09:36 PM   #18
The Crippler
Diamond Member

Murphy, I think the term i used was "condescending prick"...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2001, 07:30 AM   #19
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

rob just had a problem with Hales and scooter... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2001, 08:07 AM   #20
Murphy3
Guru

haha, not your basketball opinions.
just your opinions towards LAMOO, i can formulate my own opinions there.
condescending prick might be a good way to put it, but definitely sports savvy
Old 05-03-2001, 08:33 AM   #21
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

"rob just had a problem with Hales and scooter [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] "

Key word, HAD. We're all pass that now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2001, 08:52 AM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

well, personally, i don't see any reason why i would have a problem with anyone here.
it's just sports opinions.
you talk, discuss, argue, and debate them.
no reason to get so upset that you actually dislike someone.
Old 05-03-2001, 09:19 AM   #23
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

"Why can't we be friends, why can't we be friends?"

Is there any more words to that song?
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 10:37 AM   #24
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

"After all, we're not Jazz or Laker's fans".... I resemble that remark, at least the Laker's part. I can't stand the Jazz. I can't stand Malone's, Stockton's, and Sloan's whining, crybaby tactics with the refs. And the fact that Sloan can throw those kind of sh!t-fits on the sidelines like he does. He makes Nellie look like a freakin' amateur!!!
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 10:40 AM   #25
Murphy3
Guru

i used to be a laker fan
but please, don't hold that against me
that's when i lived in abilene and i was young...we couldn't pick up any of the mavericks games on local tv so i grew up as a magic johnson fan
i've changed my ways though, no more lakers loving for me.

it's all about the mavs....for the past 10, excruciating years
Old 05-03-2001, 02:14 PM   #26
The Crippler
Diamond Member

I tried to like the lakers when I was younger, but something always held me back. I guess I have always been a mav fan first and foremost. The only other team that I ever followed was the clippers because d. manning has always been one of my favs. I thought they had a shot in the early 90s with manning, charles smith, ken norman and gary grant, but alas, my hopes didn't come true, and they all left or didn't pan out.
Old 05-03-2001, 03:03 PM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

yeah..looking back, i don't know what i was thinking... i was young and impressionable
Old 05-03-2001, 03:19 PM   #28
The Crippler
Diamond Member

probably b/c you were force fed Magic, Kareem, Worthy and bob mcadoo highlights and games as I was at that age. All I remember from bball in the early 80s was watching them on sundays blowing out team after team. I guess I learned to root for the underdog at an early age.
Old 05-03-2001, 03:26 PM   #29
Murphy3
Guru

yeah...the reason why i liked the lakers was probably one of the reasons i grew up a braves fan...
i could watch both teams play all the time.

Old 05-03-2001, 03:26 PM   #30
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite team in the day was the Celtics, but not because of Bird. My favorite player was Cedric Maxwell. I kinda lost interest in the Celts after he retired. I never liked the Lakers (although I was a big Magic Johnson fan). I became a Mavs fan the day we fleeced Cleveland out of all those picks.
Old 05-03-2001, 03:34 PM   #31
The Crippler
Diamond Member

you liked cornbread?? you, my friend are the first person I have ever heard say that. He had a couple of good playoffs if I remember correctly.

BTW, I despised the Celts and Bird back then, but now as I watch old reruns, I have realized the greatness that they were. A lot of similarities to the mavs of today.
Old 05-03-2001, 03:42 PM   #32
Murphy3
Guru

i've never been a celtics fan, mostly because my dad liked the celtics
Old 05-03-2001, 04:13 PM   #33
MFFL
Guru

1981 Finals MVP! Cornbread was THE MAN that year. He carried that Celtic team to the title.