Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-03-2001, 09:33 AM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2001, 09:37 AM   #2
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to miss most of the game [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

My little boy has a baseball game tonite at 7:30 and I'm going to be there.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 10:18 AM   #3
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Good for you MFFL. I know it will be hard sitting there watching your kid while your mind is somewhere else, but your kid will definitely benefit from your presence. Tape the game if you can and watch it later...
Old 05-03-2001, 10:24 AM   #4
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

the person that made up your kids schedule is cruel.

yeah, i guess it's a good idea to watch your son, but it would be a tough decision

glad i'm not in your shoes with this one.

go mavs,
good luck to mffl's son
we expect a full report tomorrow on how he did
Old 05-03-2001, 10:47 AM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

finally, i'm a member
it took long enough
Old 05-03-2001, 11:09 AM   #6
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Yeah, like 1 whole day. lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 11:14 AM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

"My little boy has a baseball game tonite at 7:30 and I'm going to be there."

Ahhh, those were the days [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] . What I'd give to be a kid again. Good luck to your son. I always loved little league.

Old 05-03-2001, 11:28 AM   #8
dallaslaker

dallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura aboutdallaslaker has a spectacular aura about

When did you join, Murphy? Yesterday? It's taken me 2 months and I just NOW reached Member status.

Oh well, I more of a lurker anyway. Congrats 2 you!!
dallaslaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 12:34 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

if i was a 7 year old boy and i had a game scheduled during a crucial nba playoff game with my favorite team involved, i would have been a pissed off 7 year old
Old 05-03-2001, 12:34 PM   #10
Murphy3
Guru

yeah...those were the days though
Old 05-03-2001, 12:44 PM   #11
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

You know there is such a thing as radio...
I know, I know... not many people use this old form of communication, but sometimes there is a use for it! Yes... Besides turning down the TV to listen to good announcers, you can listen to a game.
No really... some people really listen to a game rather than watch it. I hear about it sometimes, but dont really know if it works, as I'll be watching the game tonight.
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 12:50 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

your sarcasm is appreciated

actually, i like listening to baseball as much as i like watching it almost.
and the radio announcers are in general much better than the tv guys..for almost any sport it seems like

yeah..i went to the bruce springstein concert at reunion last year and took headphones in so i could listen to the stars game...pathetic, huh
Old 05-03-2001, 02:10 PM   #13
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

My little boy is not a NBA fan, all he likes is baseball. All he talks about is baseball. All his heroes are baseball players. Oh well!

I thought about taking a portable radio, but decided not to.
Old 05-03-2001, 02:45 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

that's cool that he loves baseball..i was obsessed with baseball from the time i was 3 until...well, i still am
the sport itself is so pure and american...
Old 05-03-2001, 02:48 PM   #15
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

Dont know why not. How many games have you been to? I have brothers and remember this... Unless he is pitching, you will get to see him bat 3 MAYBE 4 times a game, and the ball hit to him 3 MAYBE 4 times. There is alot of time in between that. Besides... even though the game is supposed to start at 8pm, Ive noticed a trend that it really means 8:30. So you will probably only miss the 1st 1/2.
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 04:19 PM   #16
MFFL
Guru

It's a little different when it's your kid rather than a brother. We should be back by 9:15 or so. Then it's time to...

Sit back on the couch, pop a beer, turn on the 63 incher and try not to wake the kids with my screaming!!!
Old 05-03-2001, 04:35 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

yeah, you can't disappoint the kid by paying attention the mavs instead of him....cause you have to live with him, and you to want to see a sad, droopy, disappointed face
Old 05-03-2001, 11:49 PM   #18
MFFL
Guru

1 for 3. A single that would have been a double except he fell down running to first. At least the coach didn't accidentally bean him again like he did last week.
Old 05-03-2001, 11:50 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

that's cool..i'm sure it was more exciting than the mavs game anyway
Old 05-03-2001, 11:51 PM   #20
MFFL
Guru

The early part of the Mavs game anyway. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2001, 11:52 PM   #21
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Ahh, I love kids. Especially watching them play sports. There soo fun to watch.

Old 05-04-2001, 03:24 PM   #22
Murphy3
Guru

yeah..i know mffl,
just being a bit sarcastic

i can't believe last night...

what does mffl stand for?
Old 05-04-2001, 04:21 PM   #23
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

"what does mffl stand for?"

Mavs Fan For Life [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 05-04-2001, 04:27 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

that's cool. i should have been able to figure that one out
Old 05-04-2001, 10:48 PM   #25
MFFL
Guru

I saw Mark Cuban wearing a t-shirt with MFFL on it. I liked it.