Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-04-2001, 03:04 PM   #1
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

yes, finley singlehandledly kept the mavs in the game...
for that, i'm thankful. finley's a great player but my freaking goodness, quit the shit already. why the hell do people have to rub it in dirk fans face because finley carried the team in game five.
damn, dirk carried the team for huge parts of games three and game four (before they broke it open) and you don't see people saying "hey thekid, how about dirk, he carried the mavs last night..where was finley"

damn, it's a team sport and certain top players are going to carry the team at times.
game three, dirk and nash carried the mavs....YES, IT WAS AN ELIMINATION GAME FOR THE MAVS...AND THEY CARRIED THE MAVS... GIVE THEM THEIR CREDIT

game four, dirk and nash carried the mavs for the majority of the game, finley got hot late in the third....YES, IT WAS AN ELIMINATION GAME, GIVE DIRK AND NASH THE CREDIT FOR TWO AND A HALF QUARTERS AND FINLEY CREDIT FOR A SOLID LAST HALF OF THE THIRD PERIOD

game five, finley carried the team for most of the game, dirk was huge in the third, nash, finley and booth were huge in the fourth.....YES, IT WAS AN ELIMINATION GAME, GIVE FINLEY THE CREDIT FOR COMING UP HUGE, GIVE DIRK CREDIT FOR BEING INSTRUMENTAL IN THE THIRD PERIOD, GIVE FINLEY, NASH AND BOOTH CREDIT FOR COMING UP HUGE IN THE FOURTH.

do you get the point yet?
damn, be happy that the mavs are going to the next round. it's completely likely that dirk, finley or nash will carry the team at times during this series as well...do you think that you can realize that it's not a one game series, and that other people may carry the team on a different day? is that possible?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2001, 03:07 PM   #2
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

neither guy, dirk or finley..or even nash will prove who will be more important in the future to the mavs team during the playoffs. that will happen next year and the year after. so just drop it!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2001, 03:34 PM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

who's arguing with you? looks to me like you're debating yourself? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

i'm actually a huge dirk fan, but i'm not biased. i can see the abilities of the other stars on the team and exactly how much they bring to the table.

Old 05-04-2001, 03:43 PM   #4
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Murph, look you're a Dirk fan OBVIOUSLY and because you are you take it personal because I'm giving praise to Fin for doing a great job. HE DID!! DIRK AND NASH said it themselves lastnight, "HE CARRIED US!" When Dirk had a great game four, people were talking about how great of a game he had in 3 and 4 and you know what, HE DID!!! I was willing to give him his props that game and I still am.

Now I'm a Finley fan and personally I don't think he has been getting enough respect. I always thought he was a big time player and people had been throwing all types of statistics at me, breaking down how he's second tier shooting guard etc. etc. I'm also basing my decision of how good his has been over a six year career! Not ONE YEAR, not one game, not one playoff series, over a career. Once he was thrown into the leadership role he's performed OUTSTANDING since. So if I'm happy for the guy that he's finally in a position to get the respect "I" think he deserves, I'm going to applaud him. Like it or don't like it, I don't care. NOW if six years from Now Dirk is still dominating, believe me, I will be leading his parade too! That goes for NASH also. My reason for NOT getting as hyped about Dirk or Nash is because I can remember a certain power forward having a BREAK OUT YEAR and everyone saying, "this guy is going to go down in history, etc. etc. etc." Well he's now on our team and we're saying he shouldn't be touching the ball as much! I said then, he flourished because he was not the man on that Bullets team and obviously that's why he did! So I'm sorry if I'm not willing to say if Dirk was thrown into the leadership role he could handle it JUST YET! Just my opinion, THAT in my eyes seperates Finley and Dirk, in my eyes. Both are GREAT talents, Fin just has more intangibles than Dirk. That's not a diss to Dirk, that's not me saying he sucks, or throwing anything in his face either!
Old 05-04-2001, 03:53 PM   #5
Murphy3
Guru

i cannot believe you are .... enough to compare a year by gary trent to a what dirk has done the past two years. if you cannot see his talent and ability, you have serious issues.

and i've said it numerous times the two days that i've been posting that finley is a great player.
i've also said that "thank you finley, you've given us another series with your play last night" also.
how much do you want me to do?
i have sucked up as much as almost anyone the past couple of days but i'm tired of you attacking people that are dirk fans. without dirk, this series would have been lost in game three. without finley, this series would have been lost in game five.

so give each their props
Old 05-04-2001, 03:57 PM   #6
Murphy3
Guru

thekid is arguing...that's who.
I'm just trying to say that both players have been huge this series.
and i'm also just trying to say that this series would be over without the heroics of both.
and i'm just trying to give credit to both of them. that is it. i'm just tired of the arguing about dirk and finley and who will be the better player in the future. i wish it would get dropped and then we can worry about it next year, when it needs to be talked about.
Old 05-04-2001, 04:03 PM   #7
Maringa
Golden Member

Maringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to allMaringa is a name known to all

Do we see the beginning of the same stuff that plagued the Lakers this year? "Kobe is more important", no "Shaq is more important"......I haven't seen anyone disparaging either Finley or Dirk except under each game situation when one of them was underperforming, we each saw what the flaws were...Same goes to Howard...he had a rough series, however I think that he will perform better in the next one. Remember each Mav player (except Eisley and Max) were keys to winning the series. Dirk is one of the most interesting players for me to watch because I can see the growth in him every game, even the bad ones. But Finley is the glue and the silent and selfless leader of this team and each player on the team knows and respects him as the leader. But I don't think its a type of leadership that matters in the sense that it matters for other teams. The lack of egos on this team would allow for mini-leaders (leaders for each game) so that there is no disruptive atmosphere. Everyone needs to pray that egos never, ever begin to creep into this team.....
Old 05-04-2001, 04:07 PM   #8
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

well put, maringa. our team has the ability to have a different leader every game. look at the raps for example. they certainly go as vince goes.

just an observation, but it seems to me that most of y'all are just repeating the same things over and over. we get the point.
Old 05-04-2001, 04:10 PM   #9
Murphy3
Guru

i'm sorry maringa....but man, i'm just tired of listening to it.
it's not important right now.
i know i went off, but both of the players have been huge this series. it's not worth arguing over now. both players carried the mavs at times.
it's frustrating.

man, i've mentioned what i thought both players need to improve upon and dirk has a little more i think he needs to improve upon at this point in his career.

it's just so frustrating to support both players and then get a wrap that i don't like finley. i don't know how much more i could say positive about the guy. i've already said he's a great player that led the team to victory....
i just don't want to listen to the ramblings of who will be better in the future...especially when someone bases a big part of his argument over "the proof that he showed last night".
it just beats me down
Old 05-04-2001, 04:16 PM   #10
TheKid
Diamond Member

I'm not even going to comment on that anymore, I will comment on the comparison to the Lakers. The difference is, it's the fans arguing, not the players. Lastnight the way those players were hugging each other ASSURED me that the infighting will NOT go on within the team!

That sort of stuff is reserved for the fans. That went on in Chicago with Pippen and Jordan. Of course no one was EVER saying Pippen was better than Jordan but saying that Jordan would not have won a championship without Pippen, vice versa. It leads to good discussion in my opinion! Actually I like it when people give constructive criticism or just criticize Finley. For instance, just yesterday people were saying how Finley is pretty bad at passing out of a double team, isn't it funny that the pass he made to Booth for the winning basket was out of a double team?
Old 05-04-2001, 04:20 PM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

which shows that finley is making progress

and i also hope you're not comparing the jordan/pippen situation in chicago to dirk and finley in dallas

please, for the love of basketball, don't make that one. it's not remotely valid in this situation
Old 05-04-2001, 04:24 PM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

and again, thekid, you are making an argument based on one game again...you're even making an argument out of one pass. you can't do that and be considered an intelligent sports person.
yes, finley made a nice pass from a double team but he still has work to do in those situations.

if i did that, i could make an argument for booth being one of the most clutch players in the history of the mavs based upon his performance last night....
Old 05-04-2001, 04:27 PM   #13
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

dude, don't knock booth. he's the best player we have. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2001, 04:29 PM   #14
TheKid
Diamond Member

You're trying your hardest to find problems in what I say and what I write. You're trying to argue semantics. NO I'm not comparing this to the Bulls situation. Pippen and Jordan are two of the top fifty players of last decade, Fin and Dirk haven't done anything remotely close in their careers to put them in that category.

Secondly, me using that pass as an example, I was referring to the IRONY. Also LAM, have you heard me ONCE comment on your intelligence level? GROW UP, if you can't discuss or argue basketball topics without having to resort to five year old tactics of name calling then I don't no longer wish to discuss anything with you.
Old 05-04-2001, 04:29 PM   #15
Murphy3
Guru

he is after last night, at least
booth for president