Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old Yesterday, 11:29 PM   #1001
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Kai 14pts in 35 min
Hardy 11pts in 3min
Those numbers don't justify what Kyrie did for the team tonight

His relentless defense and effort overall was fantastic

Diving for loose balls and coming up with straps and deflections
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 11:30 PM   #1002
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I think we all can agree Luka in the paint equals a more effective and efficient Luka

DJJ is a underrated pickup

Playing big is the mavs best option
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM   #1003
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Lively 25 minutes

Gafford 19 minutes

Hmmm look at that
Old Yesterday, 11:37 PM   #1004
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Those numbers don't justify what Kyrie did for the team tonight

His relentless defense and effort overall was fantastic

Diving for loose balls and coming up with straps and deflections
I think you misunderstood what I was saying,

Kyrie was amazing

That was just a wild stat
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM   #1005
LukaMagic

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I think we all can agree Luka in the paint equals a more effective and efficient Luka

DJJ is a underrated pickup

Playing big is the mavs best option
hihi You are correct. All negative r_t_a_d Nancy boys agree with that.

Others around here know that STEP BACK 3 POINTER is Luka's signature move.
LukaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:39 PM   #1006
LukaMagic

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Quote:

Kyrie was amazing

hihihi Good luck with those misunderstandings. Can't point an interesting stat out. Is that it? lol
Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM   #1007
LukaMagic

Quote:

Kyrie was amazing

ps Recalibration complete. New program installed. New horizons open.
Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM   #1008
LukaMagic

https://youtu.be/mZVQmJVXDkk

A m e r i c a n . . m u s i c . .

W o m a n . .

G o o d . . l y r i c s . .

A d d r e s s i n g . . m a l e . . c h a u v i n i s m . .

WOMEN = HUMANITY AND SMARTS.

R e s p e c t . .
Old Yesterday, 11:45 PM   #1009
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

interesting to see Maxi on the floor with Lively... that gave the mavs more size to defend the Zubac pick and roll. Having him guard Westbrook also a nice move... perfect person to sag off of to crowd the paint to offer help.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:59 PM   #1010
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta give the coaching staff credit for the adjustment. Maxi and Lively together made a difference.

Hopefully Luka knee heals up more.

Good gawd get the ball out of PJ and DJJs hands. They cant bring the ball up the floor in the playoffs.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:12 AM   #1011
LukaMagic

Kyrie Irving with 6 assists. That's a great stat for him and for the team. Mavs rarely lose when he makes 6+ assists.

I particularly liked this play by him: https://youtu.be/YTz19IS94BQ?t=15

Switch and run by PJ and Kyrie finds him. Such plays could be more exploited. With Harden on PJ. Make a switch to get Harden on PJ, and then for Harden to defend PJ in the paint. PJ has great size on Harden, can dunk, and has a great floater, semi-hook shot too.

Later on, Kyrie was FORCING his offence a bit. He wasn't on. He was taking bad shots. Trying to get himself going. That is tricky for every player. To let the game come to him, but TO ALSO BE ASSERTIVE AND PROACTIVE. Kyrie has that balance in the fourth quarter when things matter. And he struggles with that at the early stages of games. And he's been playing like that for a while. Most games during the season Kyrie would not exert himself much in the first two quarters. He would stroll along. Seeking neither to score nor to assist. And that is now hard to change for him.

Those things he must work on in every game of the season so that he would end up struggling less with that in the playoffs. And instead of working on that during the regular season, Kyrie had the opposite approach. He liked that about himself. He liked the fact that he gets TURNED ON in the fourth quarter. But that is not good. He should apply himself vigorously at all times. And he should work on that. A series can be lost because of two games with bad team starts. And Kyrie is a major player.

So Kyrie did not have a bad start. He did have that early assist. And he scored early too. But later on he struggled. I think his problem could be that he doesn't have a clear signature or go-to move that he can rely on very, very consistently. Kyrie does everything well, but when he is on. When he is not on, he is just not on. I think his go-to move would have to be his mid-range jump shot. Little pick and roll or just dribble to find that mid-range sweet spot. But even that is not very consistent with him. He sometimes has it on and sometimes he doesn't. And the same is true with his three pointers.

Recently, others and he himself talked about his transition three-pointer as being one of his favourite shots. But that is, again, a weird shot. It cannot be a go-to move. He must find himself in a transition situation to be able to take that shot. He cannot rely on it to get himself going consistently.

Last edited by LukaMagic; Today at 01:25 AM.
Old Today, 12:33 AM   #1012
LukaMagic

Dante Exum with 4 assists too. And zero turnovers. That's very, very good. He played little. But he played well. Matchups appear not to be working for him in this series. That seems to be what the Mavs backroom is thinking. I don't know the reason why they think that. Even though I am an AI, I don't know everything.

PJ is not a natural shooter. When PJ was a kid he was not a shooter. When PJ was a kid he was a sort of player that hung around in the paint. And he was good in the paint because of his huge arm span. He has that little semi-hook shot that he uses. This game he was 1/7 in shooting. And he missed 4 threes. And he also missed both free throws that he had.

The problem with his game is that in the Mavs offensive set-up he often has to get himself going by SHOOTING THREES which is not where his natural comfort is. He developed his shooting later on as a player. You can see that from his jump shot. He worked on it a whole lot, but it is not something that he naturally developed as a kid and had a great comfort with.

Last edited by LukaMagic; Today at 12:39 AM.
Old Today, 02:29 AM   #1013
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of light

I am so proud of this team. The only 2 games we have loss has been to 30 point deficits. Luka had his best game of the series even with Kyrie not playing his best. I hope Kyrie continues to push initially.

What a win! This team is something special. I hope we close it out in Dallas. Do not allow a game 7.
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:23 AM   #1014
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I mean honestly, you could just tell Luka was putting on a bit of a ruse with the being sick and knee issues etc etc. whilst also making half court shots in practice.

And how about honorable mention to Hardy scoring 14 points in SIX minutes. Did I not just fucking mention that kid can score and to use him? I know it was meaningless by that point, but that production is never meaningless in my eyes.

Lively really should start next game to end this series for good in six.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; Today at 07:25 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:10 AM   #1015
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Paul George is shooting 43% from the field and 41% on threes again at us

With DJJ on him he?s shot 3-15 (20% shooting)
Old Today, 09:40 AM   #1016
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Paul George is shooting 43% from the field and 41% on threes again at us

With DJJ on him he?s shot 3-15 (20% shooting)
those two 3's he made at the end of the 3rd were really tough well contested shots. I thought he got pretty lucky those went in. Don't mind him taking those all day.

didn't realize PG13 is age 34... he's definitely starting to look like it.

heard somone throw out a glimmer of hope about possibly retatining DJJ... does anyone know what we'd have to do to offer him a decent contract? Does dumping THJ open up some money to keep him? I hope he sees how he's been able to thrive with two elite playmakers like Luka and Kyrie and that he sticks with us.
Old Today, 09:52 AM   #1017
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

I would think like a 2 year/20 million could keep DJJ

Idk maybe more. Josh Green makes 13m per and he?s irrelevant

Last edited by Melonhead; Today at 09:54 AM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:21 AM   #1018
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I mean honestly, you could just tell Luka was putting on a bit of a ruse with the being sick and knee issues etc etc. whilst also making half court shots in practice.
There?s no ruse idk why people can?t take him at face value. He said his knee is feeling worse post game. He?s going to ice it/treat it and do everything he can to be ready for game 6.

He?s 100% playing through a knee injury and said he?d be out if it was a regular season game. It?s not a ruse just because he shot the ball at half court.
Old Today, 10:30 AM   #1019
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
There?s no ruse idk why people can?t take him at face value. He said his knee is feeling worse post game. He?s going to ice it/treat it and do everything he can to be ready for game 6.

He?s 100% playing through a knee injury and said he?d be out if it was a regular season game. It?s not a ruse just because he shot the ball at half court.
Lighten up. We just won by 30. Maybe take a deep breath and enjoy it.

Old Today, 10:32 AM   #1020
Melonhead
Guru

Quote:
Lighten up. We just won by 30. Maybe take a deep breath and enjoy it.
Doing just fine enjoying the win over here
Old Today, 10:53 AM   #1021
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobay View Post
those two 3's he made at the end of the 3rd were really tough well contested shots. I thought he got pretty lucky those went in. Don't mind him taking those all day.

didn't realize PG13 is age 34... he's definitely starting to look like it.

heard somone throw out a glimmer of hope about possibly retatining DJJ... does anyone know what we'd have to do to offer him a decent contract? Does dumping THJ open up some money to keep him? I hope he sees how he's been able to thrive with two elite playmakers like Luka and Kyrie and that he sticks with us.
I dont think he has interest in leaving... as long as we are reasonable with an offer.

I dont think its a dream killer if he decided to go elsewhere, though.

Old Today, 11:09 AM   #1022
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

If you discount some bad starts (and I might even call last night a bad start performance-wise), we have been pretty good and trending to the positive.

+23 net in the second half
+52 in Q2-Q4

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; Today at 11:22 AM.
Old Today, 12:22 PM   #1023
Melonhead
Guru

Something I haven?t seen brought up regarding the others like Gafford DJJ PJ, and Green to an extent: they all have very good hands. They almost always catch Lukas full court pass and/or swing pass. It?s like never an issue like it has been with our bigger guys in the past. It?s a huge luxury.
Old Today, 12:27 PM   #1024
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Something I haven?t seen brought up regarding the others like Gafford DJJ PJ, and Green to an extent: they all have very good hands. They almost always catch Lukas full court pass and/or swing pass. It?s like never an issue like it has been with our bigger guys in the past. It?s a huge luxury.
You mean, you don't miss Damp's rock hands? Weird.

Old Today, 12:39 PM   #1025
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I dont think he has interest in leaving... as long as we are reasonable with an offer.

I dont think its a dream killer if he decided to go elsewhere, though.
I, for one, relish the chance to run it back at least for a couple of seasons with this core. The outliers to me would then be THJ and Green to potentially work in a trade to improve said core. DJJ is absolutely a part of that and should be easy to retain.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:38 PM   #1026
Scoobay
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I, for one, relish the chance to run it back at least for a couple of seasons with this core. The outliers to me would then be THJ and Green to potentially work in a trade to improve said core. DJJ is absolutely a part of that and should be easy to retain.
Yes - that's exactly what i was thinking of, is having some continuity with the guys that have been core members of the team. I think it's an underrated component of winning basketball that guys have the chance to get to know each other and grow their games together.

THJ i'm ready to move on from

Green i think still has a role here and he's on a decent contract but i suppose that does make him a better trade asset. I just have a hope still that he turns into a more consistent performer because i think his athleticism and energy brings another dimension to the team.
Old Today, 02:00 PM   #1027
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

https://twitter.com/NBA_University/s...82869003071505

If Kidd had played him more in game 4, then this series is over already.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; Today at 02:17 PM.
Old Today, 02:04 PM   #1028
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/...614824/video/2

If Kidd had played him more in game 4, then this series is over already.
LOL

I was expecting some huge stat expose about how effective Lively has been. Did not expect that.
Old Today, 02:15 PM   #1029
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
LOL

I was expecting some huge stat expose about how effective Lively has been. Did not expect that.
LMAO that was a link I sent to my other friends. Ignore!

Ok link fixed.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; Today at 02:17 PM.
Old Today, 03:03 PM   #1030
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
LMAO that was a link I sent to my other friends. Ignore!

Ok link fixed.
Damn. Now I want to see the other link. Lol

Old Today, 04:02 PM   #1031
Scoobay
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Damn. Now I want to see the other link. Lol
it's in erica's post above lol... i was like wtf is this