Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 04-16-2005, 02:11 AM   #1
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Dallas-Mavs.com Mock Draft Contest

One week away from the NFL Draft and the NBA Playoffs...I may not leave the house next weekend.

Anyway, let's have some fun with the Draft. To keep it Cowboy centric, predict the top ten, 11th and 20th picks in the draft. All correct answers are worth 1 point except 11 and 20...they're worth two. The tiebreaker will be Dallas's 2nd round pick.

I'll just list the order right now and edit my picks as the week progresses...feel free to do the same. Just make sure that your final edit is before Midnight next Friday.

1) San Francisco - Alex Smith
2) Miami - Ronnie Brown
3) Cleveland - Braylon Edwards
4) Chicago - Cedric Benson
5) Tampa Bay - Carnell Williams
6) Tennessee - Mike Williams
7) Minnesota (from Oakland) - Troy Williamson
8) Arizona - Aaron Rodgers
9) Washington - Antrelle Rolle
10) Detroit - Derrick Johnson
11) Dallas - Demarcus Ware
20) Dallas (from Buffalo) - Kalief Barnes

Tie Breaker:
42) Dallas - Darryl Blackstock

Old 04-16-2005, 11:18 AM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: The Dallas-Mavs.com Mock Draft Contest

I'll work on this....but not ready yet.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 11:40 PM   #3
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

1) San Francisco – Alex Smith (Looks like they will take Smith after all even though he's demanding a lot more money. Good move imo, Smith is much more talented than Rodgers and has the better physical tools.)
2) Miami - Ronnie Brown (Miami’s looking for a rb and Ronnie has solidified his place as the #1 rb in the draft. That being said I wouldn’t be surprised if Miami traded down to 5 and drafted Cadillac instead.)
3) Cleveland – Aaron Rodgers (The browns desperately need a qb and they were hoping Alex Smith would drop but they'll settle on taking a chance on Rodgers.)
4) Chicago – Brayln Eedwards (The bears need a #1 receiver and Brayln would be perfect. Rex G. would love the selection more than anyone else.)
5) Tampa Bay - Cornell Williams (Gruden is in love with him, Tampa needs a rb.)
6) Tennessee – Antrel Rolle (They have many other holes so look for them to trade down, but if they can’t they’ll just fill one of their biggest holes in their defense.)
7) Minnesota (from Oakland) - Mike Williams (They need a replacement for Moss, and Mike Williams is the best receiver left on the board by far.)
8) Arizona – Cedric Benson (Arizona desperately wants a top rb and they’ll jump on the chance to draft arguably the best rb in the draft.)
9) Washington – Adam Jones (They were hoping Mike Williams would drop but they’ll happily settle for one of the best cb’s in the draft thus completing their D.)
10) Detroit – Derrick Johnson (Detroit loves UT players and need a linebacker.)
11) Dallas – Shawne Merriman (The cowboys need a LB and Merriman is a ‘Parcell’s player’ who fits a the big LB mold Parcell’s seeks.)
20) Dallas (from Buffalo) – Troy Williamson (The Cowboys need to energize their passing game and selecting the fastest receiver in the draft should be a good start.)

Tie Breaker:
43) Dallas – Matt Ware (A cover safety who would allow Roy to play closer to the line. Ware can also return punts and play special teams, and we all know Parcell’s loves players that contribute in multiple ways.)
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 12:15 PM   #4
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default RE:The Dallas-Mavs.com Mock Draft Contest

1. San Francisco 49ers: QB Alex Smith, Utah (Jeff Garcia + hair = Alex Smith.)
2. Miami Dolphins: RB Ronnie Brown, Auburn (Will make a big impact as a rookie, but could easily be involved in a draft day swap.)
3. Cleveland Browns: QB Aaron Rodgers, Cal (Boring.)
4. Chicago Bears: WR Braylon Edwards, Michigan (The best prospect in the draft, period.)
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: RB Carnell Williams, Auburn (Ankle breaker.)
6. Tennessee Titans: CB Adam Jones, West Virginia (I honestly don't care.)
7. Minnesota Vikings: WR Mike Williams, USC (He's big.)
8. Arizona Cardinals: RB Cedric Benson, Texas (Overrated.)
9. Washington Redskins: CB Antrel Rolle, Miami (Lockdown corner will help the Skins after Smoot left.)
10. Detroit Lions: LB Derrick Johnson, Texas (Best LB in the draft and it's not even close.)
11. Dallas Cowboys: LB Shawne Merriman, Maryland (Hey, everyone else put him here.)
20. Dallas Cowboys: WR Roddy White, UAB (He's fast, and not really needed all that much, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is picked.)

42. Dallas Cowboys: S Brodney Pool, Oklahoma (Allows Roy to move to strong safety. Finally.)
Old 04-17-2005, 02:24 PM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by: #1MavsFan
20) Dallas (from Buffalo) – Troy Williamson (The Cowboys need to energize their passing game and selecting the fastest receiver in the draft should be a good start.)

Tie Breaker:
43) Dallas – Matt Ware (A cover safety who would allow Roy to play closer to the line. Ware can also return punts and play special teams, and we all know Parcell’s loves players that contribute in multiple ways.)
I would love to see Williamson at 20...no way he'll be there though.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 04-17-2005, 02:41 PM   #6
endtroducing
Golden Member

Williamson isn't the fastest WR in the draft
Old 04-17-2005, 05:24 PM   #7
sike
The Preacha

He's probably the best "fast" WR in the draft though

Old 04-18-2005, 02:23 AM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, I don't follow the rest of the league closely enough to make reasonable predictions for the other teams. Can we talk draft stuff here, though? I'm getting signals on my radar that say the 'Boys would like to find a way to pick up the offensive tackle (from Wisconsin, I think it is?) in the late first or early second. I also wouldn't rule out them drafting five players on the first day. Four for sure, but maybe five.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 08:21 AM   #9
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Dirno - how do you suggest we factor in trades? - there is bound to be a couple of movers in the top 10.

Are we guessing player draft position regardless of selecting team?
Old 04-18-2005, 09:59 AM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Here's mine(and my advance apologies to Ribby Paultz for "re-purposing" his schtick):

For the first pick the San Francisco 49ers defer to the newly inducted Pope for their first pick player man. The new Pope prays for 20 minutes and therefore the 49ers deferred pick goes unspent.
The second pick of the NFL draft pick players picking is held by the Miami Dolphin player team for Leon Lett as a show of gratitude for Lett's failed play many years ago on a snowy Dallas day. Lett, grabbed the pick and started running towards the goal with the pick in his right hand extended outward..... well in an all too familiar scene, a Buffalo player man comes from behind and knocks the pick out of Lett's hand and thus the pick is lost.
The 3rd pick of the NFL picking players for team picks draft picking by the lowly Cleveland Browns is ruled an undervote by the NFL commish. Chaos ensues as fans of all teams start attacking the war rooms of the NFL teams across the Nation. Tagliabue, in a controversial decision, calls off the remaining draft picks of the 2005 draft. Thus, the first NFL draft without a single player drafted is recorded.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:06 AM   #11
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
Here's mine(and my advance apologies to Ribby Paultz for "re-purposing" his schtick):

For the first pick the San Francisco 49ers defer to the newly inducted Pope for their first pick player man. The new Pope prays for 20 minutes and therefore the 49ers deferred pick goes unspent.
The second pick of the NFL draft pick players picking is held by the Miami Dolphin player team for Leon Lett as a show of gratitude for Lett's failed play many years ago on a snowy Dallas day. Lett, grabbed the pick and started running towards the goal with the pick in his right hand extended outward..... well in an all too familiar scene, a Buffalo player man comes from behind and knocks the pick out of Lett's hand and thus the pick is lost.
The 3rd pick of the NFL picking players for team picks draft picking by the lowly Cleveland Browns is ruled an undervote by the NFL commish. Chaos ensues as fans of all teams start attacking the war rooms of the NFL teams across the Nation. Tagliabue, in a controversial decision, calls off the remaining draft picks of the 2005 draft. Thus, the first NFL draft without a single player drafted is recorded.
I predict Ross Verba will be chosen by the first three teams.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 11:11 AM   #12
endtroducing
Golden Member

my entire first round guess...Rogers slips

1. San Francisco: QB Alex Smith, Utah
2. Miami: RB Ronnie Brown, Auburn
3. Cleveland: WR Braylon Edwards, Michigan
4. Chicago: RB Cedric Benson, Texas
5. Tampa Bay: QB Aaron Rodgers, Cal
6. Tennessee: RB Carnell Williams, Auburn
7. Minnesota: WR Mike Williams, USC
8. Arizona: CB Adam Jones, West Virginia
9. Washington: CB Antrel Rolle, Miami
10. Detroit: LB Derrick Johnson, Texas
11. Dallas: LB Shawne Merriman, Maryland
12. San Diego: WR Troy Williamson, South Carolina
13. Houston: OT Alex Barron, Florida State
14. Carolina: CB Carlos Rogers, Auburn
15. Kansas City: DE Erasmus James, Wisconsin
16. New Orleans: DT Travis Johnson, Florida State
17. Cincinnati: DE Marcus Spears, LSU
18. Minnesota: DE Dan Cody, Oklahoma
19. St. Louis: OT Jammal Brown, Oklahoma
20. Dallas: WR Roddy White, UAB
21. Jacksonville: CB Fabian Washington, Nebraska
22. Baltimore: WR Mark Clayton, Oklahoma
23. Seattle: DE David Pollack, Georgia
24. Green Bay: S Thomas Davis, Georgia
25. Denver: DE Demarcus Ware, Troy State
26. New York Jets: DE Shaun Cody, USC
27. Atlanta: DT Anttaj Hawthorne, Wisconsin
28. San Diego: LB Channing Crowder, Florida
29. Indianapolis: CB Corey Webster, LSU
30. Pittsburgh: WR Matt Jones, Arkansas
31. Philadelphia: WR Jerome Mathis, Hampton
32. New England: DB Brandon Browner, Oregon State
Old 04-18-2005, 09:25 PM   #13
jly
Dirk for MVP

jly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the roughjly is a jewel in the rough

ok, didn't want to look at other people's lists before makin' my own. here's what i think:

1. aaron rodgers
2. ronnie brown
3. alex smith
4. braylon edwards
5. cadallac williams
6. antrel rolle
7. mike williams
8. cedric benson if they don't get henry, derrick johnson if they do
9. adam jones
10. derrick johnson if not taken, carlos rogers if taken
11. merriman, even though i'd like to see derrick johnson be a cowboy

20. mark clayton, i hope they can trade down and get another pick though

i can't wait for the draft!!!

is it something we did or are they just jealous?
jly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 12:26 PM   #14
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Just edited mine and changed Smith and Rodgers since it looks like SF will take Smith even though he wants a lot more money.
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 10:58 AM   #15
sike
The Preacha

Smith will go #1.

#1 - Smith
#2 - Ronnie Brown (my first edit)
#3 - Edwards
#4 - Benson...even though Goose says Ronnie Brown...call it being a homer
#5 - Rogers
#6 - Rolle
#7 - Williamson
#8 - Carnell Williams
#9 - Adam Jones
#10 - DJ
#11 - Merriman...and I think he'll be a stud...but if Williams or DJ are sitting here at 11, I am very tempted to take them.

#20 - Clayton seems a popular pick...but someone else will slip to them here...I just have no clue who.
#42 - I think the Boys find an offense player here....that Smith kid will not be here...but I would not be surprised to see the Boys trade to get him.....

Old 04-20-2005, 12:28 PM   #16
mavs413
Golden Member

mavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the roughmavs413 is a jewel in the rough

1. San Francisco - Alex Smith QB
2. Miami - Ronnie Brown RB
3. Cleveland - Baylon Edwards WR
4. Chicago - Cedric Benson RB
5. Tampa Bay - Aaron Rodgers QB
6. Tennessee - Antrel Rolle CB
7. Minnesota - Mike Williams WR
8. Arizona - Carnell Williams RB
9. Washington - Adam Jones CB
10. Detroit - Derrick Johnson LB
11. Dallas - Shawne Merriman LB
20. Dallas - Marcus Spears DE
42. Dallas- Josh Bullocks FS
mavs413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 10:55 AM   #17
endtroducing
Golden Member

final, updated mock first round:

1. San Francisco: QB Alex Smith, Utah
2. Miami: RB Ronnie Brown, Auburn
3. Cleveland: WR Braylon Edwards, Michigan
4. Chicago: RB Cedric Benson, Texas
5. Tampa Bay: RB Carnell Williams, Auburn
6. Tennessee: CB Adam Jones, West Virginia
7. Minnesota: WR Troy Williamson, South Carolina
8. Arizona: QB Aaron Rogers, Cal
9. Washington: CB Carlos Rogers, Auburn
10. Detroit: LB Derrick Johnson, Texas
11. Dallas: LB Shawne Merriman, Maryland
12. San Diego: OT Alex Barron, Florida State
13. Houston: WR Mike Williams, Southern Cal
14. Carolina: DE Marcus Spears, LSU
15. Kansas City: CB Antrel Rolle, Miami
16. New Orleans: S Thomas Davis, Georgia
17. Cincinnati: DE Erasmus James, Wisconsin
18. Minnesota: DE David Pollack, Georgia
19. St. Louis: OT Jammal Brown, Oklahoma
20. Dallas: S Brodney Pool, Oklahoma
21. Jacksonville: CB Marlin Jackson, Michigan
22. Baltimore: WR Mark Clayton, Oklahoma
23. Seattle: DE Dan Cody, Oklahoma
24. Green Bay: DE Demarcus Ware, Troy State
25. Washington: QB Jason Campbell, Auburn
26. Oakland: CB Fabian Washington, Nebraska
27. Atlanta: WR Roddy White, UAB
28. San Diego: DT Travis Johnson, Florida State
29. Indianapolis: DE Matt Roth, Iowa
30. Pittsburgh: WR Matt Jones, Arkansas
31. Philadelphia: WR Jerome Mathis, Hampton
32. New England: LB Odell Thurman, Georgia

42. Dallas: LB Channing Crowder, Florida
Old 04-22-2005, 11:43 AM   #18
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

#1 - Alex Smith
#2 - Ronnie Brown
#3 - Braylon Edwards
#4 - Carnell Williams
#5 - Aaron Rogers
#6 - Pac Man
#7 - Mike Williams
#8 - Cedric Benson
#9 - Antrelle Rolle
#10 - Derrick Johnson
#11 - Erasmus James
#12 - Troy Williamson
#13 - Carlos Rogers
#14 - Mark Clayton
#15 - Shawn Marriman
#16 - Jamall Brown
#17 - Thomas Davis
#18 - Alex Barron
#19 - Dan Cody
#20 - DeMarcus Ware
#42 - David Pollack
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 02:44 PM   #19
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Alex Smith
2. Ronnie Brown
3. Braylon Edwards
4. Carnell Williams
5. Aaron Rogers
6. Pac MAn Jones
7. Mike Williams
8. Cedric Benson
9. Samari Rolle
10. Derrick Johnson
11. Erasmus James
12. Damarcus Ware
13. Alex Barron
14. Troy Williamson
15. Shawne Merriman
16. Carlos Rogers
17. Thomas Davis
18. Marcus Spears
19. Jammal Brown
20. David Pollack

42. Mike Patterson
Old 04-22-2005, 05:51 PM   #20
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

1. CLEVELAND - Ronnie Brown
2. MIAMI - Alex Smith
3. SAN FRANCISCO - Aaron Rodgers
4. CHICAGO - Braylon Edwards
5. TAMPA BAY - Carnell Williams
6. TENNESSEE - Antrel Rolle
7. MINNESOTA - Derrick Johnson
8. ARIZONA - Cedric Benson
9. WASHINGTON - Mike Williams
10. DETROIT - Demarcus Ware
11. DALLAS - Shawne Merriman
20. NEW ORLEANS - Shawn Cody
42. DALLAS - Matt Jones
Old 04-22-2005, 05:53 PM   #21
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
1. CLEVELAND - Ronnie Brown
2. MIAMI - Alex Smith
3. SAN FRANCISCO - Aaron Rodgers
do you know something we don't?

Old 04-22-2005, 06:46 PM   #22
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

1- 49ers- Alex Smith
2- Dolphins- Ronnie Brown
3- **Vikings** from Browns- Braylon Edwards
4- Bears- Cedric Benson
5- Bucs- Carnell Williams
6- Titans- Antrelle Rolle
7- **Browns** - Shawne Merriman
8- Cardinals - Carlos Rogers
9- Redskins - Aaron Rodgers
10- Lions- Derrick Johnson
11- **Panthers** from Cowboys - Mike Williams
12- Chargers- Troy Williamson
13- Texans - Alex Barron
14- **Cowboys** - DeMarcus Ware
15- Chiefs- Marcus Spears
16- Saints - Thomas Davis
17- Bengals- Pac Man Jones
18- **Browns**- Travis Johnson
19- Rams- Jamal Brown
20- Cowboys- TRADE to Saints for Howard & 3 rounder

42- Cowboys - Josh Bullocks
45- **Cowboys** from Panthers - Mark Bradley
82- **Cowboys** from Saints- Marion Barber III
109-Cowboys - Ray Willis
115-**Cowboys** from Panthers - Mike Goolsby?? Best available
Old 04-23-2005, 10:29 AM   #23
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

So many draft threads...which to post in?

Anyway, Norm says the Cowboys are rumored to be trading the 20 for Simeon Rice and the Bucs' third.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:49 PM   #24
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

<u>The Final Results Are In</u>

1st …(8 points) dirno2000 and entroducing (I was going to make the 2nd tiebreaker the position of the 42nd pick, but we both guessed linebacker)

2nd…(6 points) Mavs 413

3rd…(5 points) Sike and just 211

4th…(4 points) Evil and Ape (although was the only other contestant to place Ware with the Cowboys..wrong pick though)

5th…(3 points) #1 Mavs Fan

6th…(2 points) jly

7th…(1 point) Cap City

Last…(0 points) U2…although he does win most creative mock.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:43 AM   #25
chumdawg
Guru

Nice work, Dirno. Did endtro really get 8 points??
Old 04-24-2005, 01:00 AM   #26
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
He hit on 8 of the 1st 9 while I got a bonus point for hitting on Ware at #11.

I just figured that Bill Parcells is like Nino Brown...he don't trust a muthaf****. Well when it leaked out of Valley Ranch that he really liked Merriman, it was either a smokescreen or somebody was getting fired.

Old 04-24-2005, 01:04 AM   #27
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Sweet I'm in the top 10.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:36 AM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
He hit on 8 of the 1st 9 while I got a bonus point for hitting on Ware at #11.

I just figured that Bill Parcells is like Nino Brown...he don't trust a muthaf****. Well when it leaked out of Valley Ranch that he really liked Merriman, it was either a smokescreen or somebody was getting fired.
Not to diminish endtro--not that he would care, as he is a proud peacock today, and rightfully so--but I don't see that he hit on eight of the first nine. Was it just to predict the top ten players, regardless the team? I'm confused. Anyway, your mock was solid. First five spot-on, you had the correct receiver going to the Vikes, and you nailed down the Cowboys pick. (How did you know?)

EDIT: Forgot to mention...I certainly wouldn't put it past Parcells to put up a smokescreen! Did you hear Jerry's press conference? He mentioned something along the lines that they would have been happy with either of two guys at 20. I think he said the other guy was taken a couple picks earlier. I guess they liked James, too?

Old 04-24-2005, 01:37 AM   #29
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
Sweet I'm in the top 10.
Extraordinary wit!

Old 04-24-2005, 02:05 AM   #30
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Not to diminish endtro--not that he would care, as he is a proud peacock today, and rightfully so--but I don't see that he hit on eight of the first nine. Was it just to predict the top ten players, regardless the team?
You have to look at his final mock...while everybody else just edited their mocks, Endtro submitted three different mocks and I took the last one.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:42 PM   #31
endtroducing
Golden Member

me and dirno got football on lock. now if only he'd be an SEC guy...
Old 04-24-2005, 10:33 PM   #32
dirno2000
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: endtroducing
me and dirno got football on lock. now if only he'd be an SEC guy...
If Texas ever joins the conference I'd convert...otherwise it straight Big 12
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 04-25-2005, 02:33 AM   #33
chumdawg
Guru

I heard at some point--I believe it was during the fifth round--that the SEC had had a player taken from every school. I guess it was the first conference to have that distinction.

That said...screw Auburn.