Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-18-2005, 11:24 PM   #1
MaverickFFL

MaverickFFL is on a distinguished road
Default Say goodbye to Kevin Harlan and Doug Collins

This is the last time I edit your message again.

If you do this one more time, say goodbye.

Do not use vulgar language in your posts.

FINAL Warning.
MaverickFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2005, 11:26 PM   #2
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Say goodbye to Kevin Harlan and Doug Collins

no freakin joke. I commented on this in the coverage thread.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:30 PM   #3
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

For the most part, I really enjoy Collins and Harland. I prefer Marv...but they're not bad.

Phoenix deserved to be gushed over.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 11:33 PM   #4
MaverickFFL

MaverickFFL is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Say goodbye to Kevin Harlan and Doug Collins

Quote:
Originally posted by: mary
For the most part, I really enjoy Collins and Harland. I prefer Marv...but they're not bad.

Mary, Phoenix is no doubt a good team. The thing is, when we were ahead or even more importantly, when we were hitting 3's and making a comeback in the 4th... the difference was this:

Dirk hit's a 3 bringing it within 5.
the commentators: Dirk Nowitzki.

1st quarter: Nash makes a layup to make it 2-0.
EDITED
yeah.
MaverickFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 11:34 PM   #5
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally posted by: MaverickFFL
Quote:
Originally posted by: mary

Mary, Phoenix is no doubt a good team. The thing is, when we were ahead or even more importantly, when we were hitting 3's and making a comeback in the 4th... the difference was this:

Dirk hit's a 3 bringing it within 5.
the commentators: Dirk Nowitzki.

1st quarter: Nash makes a layup to make it 2-0.
the commentators: NASH!!! OH MY F***ING GOD!!! KEVIN!! HERE HOLD THIS CUP I NEED TO EJACULATE OHHHHHHHH!!!! NASH OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!

yeah.

Word.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:43 PM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I like Doug Collins but the lovefest the Suns get on the broadcast is ridiculous. If Nash stumbles and falls he will get called a "warrior" or something along those lines. They just find any way possible to give the Suns props.

And your not lying about how they don't do a thing when the Mavs score. Mavs can be up by 10 and you'd think we were losing the game. And when they do give us a bit of credit they find a way to sneak Amare and Nash in there.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:06 AM   #7
Stitch Jones

Stitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the roughStitch Jones is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, I haven't really had a problem with Harlan or Collins before, but tonight they had there schlongs so far up Amare's and Nash's asses that it made me sick. Truly a pathetic excuse for unbiased commentating.

"Did you know that Shaq makes $20 million this season ... and another $60 million over the next three? Every Miami fan just threw up on their creepy all-white T-shirt. "
~ Simmons
Stitch Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:08 AM   #8
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

yep. I watched the game sunday with the volume down, as i was talking to my dad pretty much the whole game. I know some were offended by it then, but tonight was the first time I had noticed it. So much for professionalism. I think it's time for avery to "GO CRAZY."
Old 05-19-2005, 12:36 AM   #9
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future

I wrote about a lot of this is another thread, but this is part of the reason why most people are skeptical about the league.

I have a friend who watched this series. He's not really a basketball fan in general, let alone a Mavs fan. His only comment was, "It seems obvious who they want to win the game."
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:41 AM   #10
freestyle

freestyle has a spectacular aura aboutfreestyle has a spectacular aura about

After this, I may have to watch the next game a strip club. That way I won't have to hear the commentary. May not see much of the game either.
freestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 02:44 AM   #11
TheBaron

TheBaron is on a distinguished road

all MVPs get that kind of treatment

Oh boy!
TheBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:08 AM   #12
Frost

Frost is on a distinguished road

For the first time, I muted the game at the begining of the second half because I could not listen to such biased commentary anymore. TNT needs to hire people that atleast bring an objective look at the two teams playing. Doug Collins is decent. He atleast says some things about the Mavs. Harlan on the other hand is the biggest Suns homer I've ever heard. The Suns are down by 7 in the first half and they hit a shot and he kept on saying "This could be the shot that swings the momentum." LIke someone said above, if you didnt look at the scoreboard and just listened to them, it seemed like the Suns were leading the whole way. This is getting quite ridiculous. He's probably pissed his sorry Timberwolves imploded this season.

And also they need to show some Mavs highlights. I noticed at one point in the game, when the Mavs has scored a few, Phoenix took a timeout. Instead of showing Mavs highlights (hey they'd been showing every possible Suns one thus far), they go straight to commercials. I
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:15 AM   #13
MaverickFFL2

MaverickFFL2 can only hope to improve

Frost, lol, Doug Collins is NOT decent...

did you not hear him going crazy after Phoenix got in the paint and made a layup?

he seriously said this: "THERE you go!! that's what you need to do!"

my jaw dropped. If I were the CEO of being a badass (oh wait... I am), I'd go to Game 6, come up from behind and knock both of those losers out with their own microphones.
MaverickFFL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:16 AM   #14
Frost

Quote:
Originally posted by: MaverickFFL2
Frost, lol, Doug Collins is NOT decent...

did you not hear him going crazy after Phoenix got in the paint and made a layup?

he seriously said this: "THERE you go!! that's what you need to do!"

my jaw dropped. If I were the CEO of being a badass (oh wait... I am), I'd go to Game 6, come up from behind and knock both of those losers out with their own microphones.
lol Im comparing Harlan and Collins [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]...but ya I agree on a large scale both are pretty bad.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:12 AM   #15
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

In the Houston series, Harlan always rooted for the Rockets and Collins always rooted for the home team. In this series, it's been all Suns, all the time for both guys.

I'm gonna have to start muting like others have done. I like to hear the crowd and the noises associated with the game, but I can't stand listening to Harlan, and to a lesser degree, Collins.

I'll never forget Harlan in Game 6 of the Rockets series saying of Josh Howard (after committing a hard foul on Yao): "And now he's staring at Yao! He's been doing that all series long, trying to intimidate Yao!" I thought it was a HIGHLY improper comment that he had no business making, and he was so clearly rooting for the Rockets and AGAINST the Mavs that I wanted to puke.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:25 AM   #16
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
I'll never forget Harlan in Game 6 of the Rockets series saying of Josh Howard (after committing a hard foul on Yao): "And now he's staring at Yao! He's been doing that all series long, trying to intimidate Yao!" I thought it was a HIGHLY improper comment that he had no business making, and he was so clearly rooting for the Rockets and AGAINST the Mavs that I wanted to puke.
God, why did you have to remind me of that comment. What a$$es these two are.

Best ways to avoid them:
1. Get tickets to the game. Money well spent.
2. Mute the TV and listen to Mark and Brad on the radio (only frustrating part is not hearing the crowd noise or ref's whistles as well on radio).
3. If you're watching at home on a home theater set up, turn down or disconnect the center channel only. The will give you all the crowd noise, ref's whistles, etc. but will effectively mute the clowns behind the mikes.
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 10:32 AM   #17
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

What happened to the the telecast on UPN21? Atleast we had that option during the Houston series.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 10:35 AM   #18
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: vjz
What happened to the the telecast on UPN21? Atleast we had that option during the Houston series.
Pursuant to the NBA's TV contract, TNT has an exclusive for their games. Local telecast can be done only for the ESPN games. And I'm guessing ESPN will have exclusive rights for the WCF games.
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 10:50 AM   #19
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Which means I'll be doing a lot of muting...
Old 05-19-2005, 11:01 AM   #20
MFFL41

MFFL41 is on a distinguished road

Well, the Suns are the 1 seed favored to win. C'mon, if it were the Mavs being the 1 seed, it would be sorta different.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:09 AM   #21
Frost

Quote:
Originally posted by: MFFL41
Well, the Suns are the 1 seed favored to win. C'mon, if it were the Mavs being the 1 seed, it would be sorta different.
and yet if you look at TNT's ratings, I believe that games the Mavs have played have 3 of the top 5 highest ratings (including number 1). Go figure. I dont know that it would be so different if the Mavs were the higher seed. Just look at the Houston series, in which Houston was the lower seed, and how biased they were.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:12 PM   #22
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

the funniest thing all series was when Dirk hit the go ahead bucket and Harlan just goes "nowitzki..." I had to rewind at least 10 times to make sure I heard it right, he's usually busting a nut at the slightest layup.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:12 PM   #23
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

in game 2....sorry.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 03:26 PM   #24
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I think the TNT guys whether it has been the in game announcers or the sideshow freaks have an agenda to bash the Mavs and especially Nowitzki. I am glad that their run is over this year. Hopefully the Mavs will make it to the next round. At least the ESPN guys are a little better. I think the worst job ever during a 1/2 time show was when Charles and Kenny were trying to blame every dunk by Amare on Nowitzki even though Damp was the man guarding him. It was absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. These guys are making me hate watching basketball on TV. Collins used to be a decent announcer; however, I think he sucks just like the rest of the idiots.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 10:02 PM   #25
freestyle

freestyle has a spectacular aura aboutfreestyle has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

I'll never forget Harlan in Game 6 of the Rockets series saying of Josh Howard (after committing a hard foul on Yao): "And now he's staring at Yao! He's been doing that all series long, trying to intimidate Yao!"
Howard should have been staring at Harlan all series instead.
freestyle is offline   Reply With Quote