Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 08-02-2004, 09:06 PM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Star Wars: Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

Promo Art:

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2004, 09:08 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Star Wars: Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

can't wait for summer 05!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 09:24 PM   #3
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:Star Wars: Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

Vader in chains having a chat with the emperor:

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 08-02-2004, 09:43 PM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I've read something like a 12min fight scene with Anakin/Darth Vader and Obi Wan will be a climax of the flick....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 08-02-2004, 11:11 PM   #5
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Kick arse.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:35 PM   #6
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

my new desktop background - thanks dooby

Time for the jedi to exit stage left. I hope Sam Jackson goes down in a blaze of glory.
Old 08-03-2004, 08:29 AM   #7
Dooby
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity

Time for the jedi to exit stage left. I hope Sam Jackson goes down in a blaze of glory.
My understanding is he goes out like a bitch.

Old 08-03-2004, 08:42 AM   #8
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I heard that the last scene is a big 12 minute fight between Sam Jackson and Gollum.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:24 AM   #9
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dooby
Quote:
some are postulating that it is Anakin’s killing of Mace Windu (Jackson) that is the final nudge that drives him over to the dark side….all is still speculation at this point…

Old 08-03-2004, 06:49 PM   #10
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Quote:

Yea, i kinda assumed as much. Maybe anakin finishes him with his hands.

At least 3 promises to be uber violent. I'm hoping for a PG13 rating - im tired of lucas aiming towards the kiddie crowd.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:50 AM   #11
Dooby
Diamond Member

Official Preview Poster in theaters next week:

Old 10-29-2004, 01:53 PM   #12
sike
The Preacha

who gives him the scar? Is the Helmet exactly the same or slightly different, I can't tell.

Old 10-29-2004, 04:26 PM   #13
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Darth Vader is in this movie? sweet! i wonder how he fits into the picture?!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2005, 05:27 PM   #14
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Link to Darth Tater
Old 01-19-2005, 10:45 PM   #15
sike
The Preacha

very funny Cali.......

Old 01-19-2005, 10:59 PM   #16
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

if you're into potato humor...
Old 01-19-2005, 11:01 PM   #17
XERXES
Diamond Member

Mr. & Mrs. Potato Story

Girl Potato and Boy Potato had eyes for each other, and finally they got married, and had a little sweet potato, which they called
'Yam'. Of course, they wanted the best for Yam.

When it was time, they told her about the facts of life. They warned her about going out and getting half-baked, so she wouldn't get accidentally mashed, and get a bad name for herself like 'Hot Potato,' and end up with a bunch of Tater Tots. Yam said not to worry; no Spud would get her into the sack and make a rotten potato out of her! But on the other hand she wouldn't stay home and become a Couch Potato either.

She would get plenty of exercise so as not to be skinny like her
Shoestring cousins.

When she went off to Europe, Mr. and Mrs. Potato told Yam to watch out for the hard-boiled guys from Ireland. And the greasy guys from France called the French Fries; and also, when she went out West, to watch out for the Indians so she wouldn't get scalloped.

Yam said she would stay on the straight and narrow and wouldn't associate with those high class Yukon Golds, or the ones from the other side of the tracks who advertise their trade on all the trucks that say, 'Frito Lay.'

Mr. and Mrs. Potato sent Yam to Idaho P.U. (that's Potato University) so that when she graduated she'd really be in the Chips. But in spite of all they did for her, one-day Yam came home and announced she was going to marry Tom Brokaw.

Tom Brokaw! Mr. and Mrs. Potato were very upset. They told Yam she
couldn't possibly marry Tom Brokaw because he's just...................

Are you ready for this?.......................

Are you sure?.................................

OK! Here it is!.................................

A COMMON TATER !!
Old 01-19-2005, 11:02 PM   #18
XERXES
Diamond Member

That was so stupid it actually hurt....
Old 01-20-2005, 11:16 AM   #19
sike
The Preacha

now hes hurting us all....he must be stopped!

on topic: Darth Vader, the greatest movie bad guy of all time?

Old 01-21-2005, 12:04 AM   #20
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Darth Vader: The most filmed bad guy of all time. Name me another bad guy with 4 movies about how he killed good guys and two about his upbringing. There is none!

Greatest bad guy imho, at least that I can think of at the moment: George Clooney from Dusk Til Dawn.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:32 AM   #21
Dooby
Diamond Member

Here is the crawl for the last film. There is supposed to be an exclamation point after "War" in the first line.

Old 01-27-2005, 12:12 PM   #22
sike
The Preacha

That Emperor is a sneaky one…

Old 01-27-2005, 03:52 PM   #23
XERXES
Diamond Member

so- anybody gueesed who the emperor is yet?

sheeesh...
Old 01-28-2005, 02:11 AM   #24
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES

sheeesh...
It's been fairly obvious since the original trilogy that Chewie is behind the crumble of the Republic..
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 09:29 PM   #25
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: poohrichardson
Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES

sheeesh...
It's been fairly obvious since the original trilogy that Chewie is behind the crumble of the Republic..
underrated line...

Old 03-10-2005, 09:04 PM   #26
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Anyone just see the new trailer? Very impressed by it. I mean, I can't describe it. Possibly the best Star Wars ever, actually has a dark theme this time.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:43 AM   #27
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Official Preview Poster in theaters next week:
look how small Darth Vader's left shoulder is in relation to his helmet. I hated the kid-crowd targeting, too.
But to be so heavily influenced by Mel Brook's Spaceballs - - now that's rediculous. I bet Darth Vader plays with dolls, too, because he was taken away from his mother at such an awkward age.
It's funny, though - Annakin doesn't look druish.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 12:09 PM   #28
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the trailer.

Right-click, Save As

Star Wars III
Old 03-11-2005, 12:20 PM   #29
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

37.8MB?

Dayamn...
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 12:37 PM   #30
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

worth every byte...

man, this looks like all the pain of the first two movies will be worth it. this looks dark, gritty...

not to mention that we get wookies! maybe we'll finally see the death of jar-jar at the hands of Chewie?
Old 03-11-2005, 12:39 PM   #31
Drbio
Banned

loading.......loading..........I am not a patient man today..........loading........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2005, 02:46 PM   #32
Drbio
Banned

Two words.....

Awe Some
Old 03-11-2005, 02:56 PM   #33
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

a 2 hour download? that DID take some time... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2005, 03:06 PM   #34
Drbio
Banned

Naw man....I went to lunch. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Looks like we are in for another badass Yoda fight scene. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2005, 04:21 PM   #35
XERXES
Diamond Member

smooth
Old 03-11-2005, 05:24 PM   #36
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

That sucks.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:21 PM   #37
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

That poster got me thinking a little... which would be funnier, Darth Vader's head on Yoda's body or Yoda's head on Darth's body?? Chewie's head on Yoda's body would be cool, too.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:51 PM   #38
Drbio
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
That sucks.
What?
Old 03-11-2005, 11:53 PM   #39
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Sarcasm Doc. I forgot the moon icon.

Actually, that was rather enjoyable. Frickin' sweet.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:59 PM   #40
Drbio
Banned

You had me hook, line and sinker. I thought to myself...WTH is he thinking?

I can't wait. Thank goodness this episode appears to be written for adults and not pre-teens.