Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-24-2010, 02:48 AM   #1
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT Dallas Mavericks @ New York Knickerbockers (1/24/2010 - 12pm local/CST)

I am in New York for the weekend and will be AT MSG to cheer on our beloved Mavs. I will bringing it!

I'd also like to mention that I am sitting in section #41...foreshadowing some Dirk Nowitznessing?

Go MAVS!

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2010, 05:52 AM   #2
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Go Mavs! A win would be really nice

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Sportstudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:36 AM   #3
twelli
Diamond Member

twelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant futuretwelli has a brilliant future

Haven't seen much of him, but I like their Italian player, Gallinari. Lots of potential there.

Small forward with height, range, handling and passing skills, youth and confidence. Could be the (future) answer to our SF problem?

That said, Dirk will make him is biatch, if he tries to guard him. Hope the Mavs get their sh*t together this time.

“He’s always around 23 or 24,” West said. “The bell rings every day.”

Last edited by twelli; 01-24-2010 at 06:53 AM.
twelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:37 AM   #4
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty View Post
I am in New York for the weekend and will be AT MSG to cheer on our beloved Mavs. I will bringing it!

I'd also like to mention that I am sitting in section #41...foreshadowing some Dirk Nowitznessing?

Go MAVS!
Rock on, brutha!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:25 AM   #5
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Go Mavs!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #6
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

I'll be heading to the game in a few hours! It'll be my first time at MSG (aside from Penn Station under it...) Can't wait!
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #7
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

ty and Dub, have a GREAT time at the game. money issues unfortunately kept me from goin this year, but i ALWAYS try to make the one MSG game each year, being that i'm in jersey and a simple train ride away. atmosphere there is usually great (haha, aside from when we blew them out by over 40 pts a few years bacc...talk bout silent!)

enjoy your time there, and BRING BACK A W!!!!

GO MAVS!!!

M/F/F/L

xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:21 AM   #8
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
Sun. Jan 24, 2010
Dallas @ New York--Greg Willard, Sean Corbin, Kevin Fehr

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:23 AM   #9
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

GL MAVS

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #10
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Please win this one, denver is on top of us now.
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #11
tgfan
Golden Member

tgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to beholdtgfan is a splendid one to behold

The Knicks looked pretty decent vs the Lakers. I hope the Mavs bring it today.
tgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:36 AM   #12
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

I've been to half a dozen Knicks games this year, and they've yet to win with me present. Let's hope that streak continues today, with a W for the Mavs!
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #13
LetsGoMavs
Diamond Member

LetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant futureLetsGoMavs has a brilliant future

without J.Kidd - that is going to be a tough game
Old 01-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #14
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

No Kidd. It would be nice to see Roddy have his shot today.

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2479

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:09 PM   #15
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Dang...I guess on the positive side Carlisle might be forced to play Roddy.

edit: guess I wasn't the only one to notice this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2479
Breaking news: Mavs guard Jason Kidd – who has the seventh most starts in NBA history – won’t get one today.

Kidd will miss today’s noon game in New York and is instead on a flight back to DFW for what the team is calling “personal reasons.’’

Immediate concerns, of course, are with Kidd and his family, and we’ll have more details upcoming. In terms of on-court issues, the Mavs will have the option of using J.J. Barea as the PG starter, or using Jason Terry there. Pairing one of them in the starting backcourt with Josh Howard seems the likeliest move. (Though we wouldn't mind a Roddy sighting.)

Kidd is always a treat for Knicks fans at the Garden – so much so that they hoped they’d see him this year in a New York uniform.

You’ll recall the Knicks courting Kidd last summer with as much as they could, $18 mil over three years … forcing Dallas to jump beyond the two years it was hoping for and retaining J-Kidd for three years and about $25 mil.

"We weren't in a good position financially to make it happen," said Knicks president Donnie Walsh. "Usually the home team is and they did. And they got a heck of a player. He brings intangibles. He has know-how, experience and he's a winning type of guy. Those are things we were looking for."

What we won’t get to see today: Kidd, who is averaging 8.8 points and 9.2 rebounds [that's a typo by Fish, it should be 9.2 assists] per game with 12 double-doubles this year.

Last edited by tcat075; 01-24-2010 at 12:10 PM.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:09 PM   #16
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Followill just tweeted that Damp isn't playing either because of his ongoing knee issue.

Dangit.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #17
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Sportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant futureSportstudi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
No Kidd. It would be nice to see Roddy have his shot today.

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2479
Quote: ...In terms of on-court issues, the Mavs will have the option of using J.J. Barea as the PG starter....

Good lord, does it get any worse?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." (Albert Einstein)
Old 01-24-2010, 12:13 PM   #18
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Followill just tweeted that Damp isn't playing either because of his ongoing knee issue.

Dangit.
Damn... it's going to be a very tough game. Kidd and Damp will both miss that one. Hopefully Marion doesn't have problems anymore with the cut on his finger.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:05 PM   #19
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Duhon just 4/33 in his last 6 Games, does this mean he goes crazy on the Mavs tonight?
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:07 PM   #20
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Link

Old 01-24-2010, 01:12 PM   #21
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Terry and Barea both starting... Should be fun....................
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #22
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Wow, I'm impressed by Gooden.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:17 PM   #23
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Gooden has been outstanding so far...
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:17 PM   #24
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

I guess Dirk is the decoy again today....
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:18 PM   #25
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Why have him out there on the floor if you aren't going to use him.......
Old 01-24-2010, 01:22 PM   #26
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Why have him out there on the floor if you aren't going to use him.......
Ask JJB. Both times when he jacked up his shot Dirk was free.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:23 PM   #27
Bayliss

And if Dirk is going to get the ball on the block, he needs to remember that the Knicks are not a shotblocking/intimidating group. So he needs to work it down and look to go towards the rim on all shots. No need today to try and fadeaway on the shot today... force the contact or get closer.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #28
Sportstudi
Diamond Member

Roddy-time!

Old 01-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #29
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Roddy goes in and the Knicks Announcers are excited about him. "He is very good", one said!

Barea again with terrible Passes/Shots!
Old 01-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #30
TNT

TNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to all

Terry plays are great.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:28 PM   #31
skakavac

skakavac has a spectacular aura aboutskakavac has a spectacular aura about

jjb couldnt play any worse so its finally roddy time...make the most of it and force rc to sit jjb
skakavac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:29 PM   #32
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

Dirks not even a good player right now. We can bitch about him not getting the ball, but it's tough to play baksketball with a purse.
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:30 PM   #33
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

dammit, another early game ( 7pm here), but I'm as sleepy like it's 3 a.m., I can barely keep my eyes open.

Terry looks good from the little I saw. Boobie in - kill'em!
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #34
Bayliss

So Dirk plays about 9 minutes and wasn't incolved in the offense pretty much the entire quarter. Dirk in the paper said he was playing big minutes...

So why not use him if he does play? If you aren't going to use why not just go ahead and give him rest?
Old 01-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #35
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

terry's got his groove tonight
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #36
westtexasgirl

westtexasgirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppersquad View Post
Dirks not even a good player right now. We can bitch about him not getting the ball, but it's tough to play baksketball with a purse.
wow.
westtexasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #37
Kante
Diamond Member

Come on Roddy, take care off the Ball!

I like Josh so far.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #38
skakavac

skakavac has a spectacular aura aboutskakavac has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
So Dirk plays about 9 minutes and wasn't incolved in the offense pretty much the entire quarter. Dirk in the paper said he was playing big minutes...

So why not use him if he does play? If you aren't going to use why not just go ahead and give him rest?
guess who was the "Point" - guard the offense looked so much smoother the last 3 minutes without jjb
skakavac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #39
westtexasgirl

westtexasgirl is on a distinguished road

go mavs!!
westtexasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 01:36 PM   #40
peppersquad

peppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura aboutpeppersquad has a spectacular aura about

Wow all u want it's the truth.

I'd like to see Buckets get 30 mins this afternoon. Should win this game. Still better than the knicks.
peppersquad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here