Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 07-29-2007, 11:57 PM   #1
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Garnett to Celtics Deal Back On?

Celtics close to deal for Garnett

Jeff Goodman
FOXSports.com, Updated 7 minutes ago

The on-again, off-again deal with the Boston Celtics acquiring Kevin Garnett apparently is back on.

According to sources, the current deal on the table has the 6-foot-11 Garnett heading to Boston and the Celtics dealing away Al Jefferson, Theo Ratliff's hefty expiring contract and Rajon Rondo. There may also be other players and draft picks involved.

It's not quite done, but three industry sources — including one close to the Celtics — told FOXSports.com that it's extremely close and could become official within the next 48 hours.

"It's basically done," one source said. "If it does happen, this will make the Celtics relevant again."

Celtics boss Danny Ainge attempted to trade for the Minnesota Timberwolves star forward prior to the NBA Draft, but the 31-year-old perennial All-Star had no interest in heading to Boston.

However, things may have changed now that Ainge and the Celtics pulled off the draft day deal with Seattle for Ray Allen.

There have been numerous discussions during the last week between Ainge and Wolves vice president Kevin McHale, who are good friends dating back to their days playing together on the Celtics.

Garnett has the option to get out of his contract — which pays $22 million next season — after the 2008 campaign and become a free agent. He averaged 22.4 points and 12.8 rebounds per game last season — his 12th in the NBA.

Garnett is a 10-time NBA All-Star and was the league's MVP in 2004. He is also one of the better defensive players in the NBA.

The deal would give Ainge a team that could compete with anyone in the Eastern Conference with the trio of Paul Pierce, Garnett and Allen. The Celtics would also have nearly $60 million in salaries between the three players for next season alone.

The Wolves would get one of the league's top young players in the 22-year-old Jefferson, who averaged 16 points and 11 boards in 69 games a year ago, and a second-year point guard in Rondo with plenty of potential. They would also get Ratliff's $11.7 million salary, which will come off the books after this season.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7073708
Old 07-30-2007, 12:07 AM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I think I hear someone crying wolf.....
Old 07-30-2007, 12:28 AM   #3
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I think I hear someone crying wolf.....
Old 07-30-2007, 12:36 AM   #4
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

If it gets Dallas off their "wait for KG" plan, if they had one, then sure...it's cool.

He'll be going East, so Minnesota for sure won't be a factor in the West. If Boston had a legit point guard, they'd be ready to push for the Finals. They don't really have a solid one though. But maybe with PP, KG and Allen you might not need one.

He's not going to Phoenix or GS, fine with me.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:50 AM   #5
ballin_boi
Banned

ballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the roughballin_boi is a jewel in the rough

C - Perkins/??????
PF - Garnet/Scalabrine
SF - Pierce/Green
SG - Allen/Green
PG - Telfair/??????

Talk about thin...
ballin_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:51 AM   #6
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Boston was never in the KG race in the first place....

....oh wait, I guess that's wrong.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:19 AM   #7
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

That would be crazy.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:24 AM   #8
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

IF there is a Dallas offer of JHoward + others and future #1's I can't see why
the wolves make this (Al Jefferson, Theo Ratliff, Rajon Rondo) deal.

JHoward >> Al Jefferson
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:20 AM   #9
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber

JHoward >> Al Jefferson
Even if Josh Howard is a better player than Al Jefferson right now, Jefferson has much more value for the Wolves. He's five years younger, a big man, and will probably be a 20-10 guy for years. I think the Celtics would probably trade Gerald Green as well.

Last edited by Stranger; 07-30-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:32 AM   #10
chanaw25

chanaw25 will become famous soon enough

Troy Hudson will probably be included in the deal because he was asking to get bought out by Minn. and said if Garnett left he would demand a trade too. so in my eyes if im Minn kill two birds with one stone and hopefully get a little more back.
chanaw25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:40 AM   #11
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

JHoward >> Al Jefferson
That is nutty. Jefferson if 5 years younger and it's not even clear who's the better player right now.

I would trade Howard for Jefferson straight up in an instant.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:14 AM   #12
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Josh Howard
2007 Playoffs Statistics PPG 21.3 \ RPG 9.80 \ APG 2.8
06-07 Season PPG18.9 \ RPG 6.8 \ APG 1.8

Al Jefferson 06-07 Stats
2006-07 Statistics PPG 16.0 \ RPG 11.00 \ APG 1.3 \ EFF + 20.96
Old 07-30-2007, 09:32 AM   #13
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
That is nutty. Jefferson if 5 years younger and it's not even clear who's the better player right now.

I would trade Howard for Jefferson straight up in an instant.

ditto
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:07 AM   #14
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

If Garnett went east that would be nice.

I'd rather him land here, though.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:24 AM   #15
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

it's a 2nd best scenario:
the top one is him coming here, the 2nd is him going east for relatively not a lot in the grand scheme.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:34 AM   #16
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Pierce/Allen/Garnett

jeeezus.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:35 AM   #17
BGMaverick9
Guru

Would Ricky Davis become available any by this deal? Or is he for sure staying?

You could offer two cheapies (Ager/DJ) and Buck for him
or straight up:
Jet for Ricky
Old 07-30-2007, 10:41 AM   #18
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Josh Howard
2007 Playoffs Statistics PPG 21.3 \ RPG 9.80 \ APG 2.8
06-07 Season PPG18.9 \ RPG 6.8 \ APG 1.8

Al Jefferson 06-07 Stats
2006-07 Statistics PPG 16.0 \ RPG 11.00 \ APG 1.3 \ EFF + 20.96
I'm confused, were you trying to validate my point?

Those are VERY comparable numbers. And Jefferson if 5 years younger, still developing, and a low post player.

Again, I would trade Josh Howard for Jefferson straight up in a nanosecond.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-30-2007, 11:47 AM   #19
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

jt32
I understand your position.

AJ did not even attempt, NOT even 1 3 pointer from him his entire NBA career!

AJ career FT 66%
JH career FT 76%

It is just that think JHoward is a better player...IMHO

Last edited by dirt_dobber; 07-30-2007 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:16 PM   #20
VivaNajera
Golden Member

VivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of lightVivaNajera is a glorious beacon of light

if this deal does happen the C's better go out and sign Brevin Knight. He is one of the top assists guys in the league and would be a good compliment to the Big 3 out in beantown. You dont want Telfair as your starting PG
VivaNajera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:19 PM   #21
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
jt32
I understand your position.

AJ did not even attempt, NOT even 1 3 pointer from him his entire NBA career!

AJ career FT 66%
JH career FT 76%

It is just that think JHoward is a better player...IMHO
Al Jefferson is a low post power forward. Why do you care if he can shoot 3's?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-30-2007, 12:34 PM   #22
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

JT32
I just think that Josh Howard is a better player than Al Jefferson.
That is all.
Nothing else more to say here.

Go Mavs!
Old 07-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #23
jmwilliamson

jmwilliamson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaNajera
if this deal does happen the C's better go out and sign Brevin Knight. He is one of the top assists guys in the league and would be a good compliment to the Big 3 out in beantown. You dont want Telfair as your starting PG
I believe they already cut or promised to cut Telfair after that last gun possession debacle.

And as for Josh Howard being better than Al Jefferson - nevermind that's debatable, and nevermind that Al Jefferson is 5 years younger. By trading Garnett to the Celtics they

a.) trade him out of their conference
b.) collect a gang of young talent in Al Jefferson, Rajon Rondo and Gerald Green.
c.) probably get better draft picks, because even as strong as the Celtics will be in the East I seriously doubt they'll compile a better record than the Mavs. And besides that, Garnett, Pierce and Allen are all in their early 30's. If just one of those guys breaks down the Celtics probably won't be very good.
d.) they get major cap relief in Theo Ratliff's expiring contract

Everything is there to make that a deal that makes sense. They trade their disgruntled superstar out of their conference, collect young talent + draft picks and acquire cap relief. I can understand you wishing KG to the Mavs were possible, but that's a better deal for the T-Wolves even if Josh Howard is better than Al Jefferson.

Jefferson + Foye + Gerald Green + Rajon Rondo isn't a bad start on a rebuilding process.

P.S. Just be glad he isn't getting traded to the Warriors, Lakers or Suns. That would be brutal.
jmwilliamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:57 PM   #24
jmwilliamson

jmwilliamson will become famous soon enough

Boston herald Blog says the deal is essentially done, with Rondo staying in Boston and the C's sending out Gomes instead.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/celtics/?p=117

Sources saying Garnett deal is done
Posted by Steve Bulpett at 12:06 pm

Sources this morning are confirming that the Celtics’ deal for Kevin Garnett is essentially completed.

One involved source said the final package will have the Celts sending Al Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff and a No. 1 pick to Minnesota to acquire Garnett.

Further word is that the Celts and Garnett have reached an agreement in principle on a contract extension. You may recall a report here that Danny Ainge would not do the deal without such a guarantee of Garnett’s presence, and it appears now that the perennial All-Star is willing to forego the opt-out in his current deal for next summer and cast his lot with Paul Pierce, Ray Allen and the Celtics.
jmwilliamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:26 PM   #25
DevinFuture

DevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of lightDevinFuture is a glorious beacon of light

The Celtics may need some players to fill out a thin roster. I wonder if they would have any interest in Pops, Ager, or Buckner.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:27 PM   #26
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

After hearing about a half-a-dozen "done deals" involving Garnett, I won't believe it until it's officially announced.

But I like this trade for both teams and as a Mavs fan (unless we happen to go up against the C's in the Finals, which I think is unlikely). Minnesota gets a great package of young, talented players. Iverson, Shaq, and McGrady didn't net that much value in my opinion. The Celtics have to like their chances in the East, although they will be really thin and pretty old as well. Viva's suggestion of signing Knight is a good one.

Last edited by Stranger; 07-30-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:34 PM   #27
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

It doesn't make any difference for us Mavs fans. Minnesota couldn't even make the playoffs with KG and nobody. And even if they did we would of destroyed them.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:43 PM   #28
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Criminy... Now, the Boston Globe is reporting that Al Jefferson might not be part of the deal. Regardless of conference, Rondo, Allen, Pierce, Jefferson, and Garnett as a starting five would be pretty damned formidable...

New twists in Garnett talks

By Shira Springer, Globe Staff

Kevin Garnett soon could become the newest member of the Celtics, multiple league sources said this afternoon, but two of the sources cautioned that any trade may not be as imminent as some early reports indicated.

As the trade currently stands, the Celtics would send Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff, and two first-round picks to the Timberwolves for Garnett.

Al Jefferson is not included in the deal at the moment.

It is uncertain how the teams would deal with Garnett's trade clause that calls for a 15 percent salary increase.

As of this morning, there still remained issues on the table to negotiate, not the least of which is the player option worth $24 million that Garnett holds for the 2008-09 season.

“There are serious discussions in place,” Andy Miller, Garnett's agent, said this morning.

When asked about the option as well as Garnett’s willingness to play in Boston, Miller added: “Part of the discussion that is taking place is addressing those issues as well as others to see if the destination makes sense for all parties. Everything is part of the overall picture as to how to bring this to a conclusion or go in a different direction.”

When trade talks between Minnesota and Boston took place before this year’s draft, the option plus Garnett’s hesitancy to play in Boston, as relayed through his agent, were considerable sticking points. If Garnett agrees to take his player option as a condition of the trade, the Celtics also will likely look to come to reasonable terms on an extension as another condition of the deal.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...ists_in_g.html

Last edited by Evilmav2; 07-30-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Evilmav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:45 PM   #29
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

if jefferson doesn't go McHale officially becomes the biggest idiot in sports.
mkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:54 PM   #30
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

sad how a team like the lowly Boston Celtics can have 3 superstars by the end of the summer when Dallas will still only have one.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:58 PM   #31
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

They could conceivably go from worst team in the league to somewhere in the neighborhood of Eastern Conference Finals capable* in one off-season....

How do you like that Pistons and Bulls fans?
Old 07-30-2007, 02:26 PM   #32
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat

And somehow, Danny Ainge becomes a genius. I can't believe that this deal will go down without Jefferson. It can't happen.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:34 PM   #33
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

If Jefferson is not involved I believe McHale is conspiring with his former team the Celtics against his current team the Wolves.

There is no other logical reason for this to occur as there is no way somebody could be that bad of a G.M by luck.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-30-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:51 PM   #34
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

I hear its Jefferson, Ratliff, Green, and Telfair for KG (he gets an extension)...prolly some other things involved...but they are talking like its a done deal and if it is WOW

The combo of those 3 players is just SICK...just imagine KG dishing out to Allen for open 3s Kg down low and PP doing a lil of everything...CRAZY

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:14 PM   #35
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe that Ainge has what it takes to make this deal go through. If KG does end up in Boston, then history tells us that Ainge will likely trade Paul Pierce for Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:52 PM   #36
Stranger
Golden Member

No Jefferson? I bet this turns into one of those reports on a trade that is all but done and then gets derailed by small snag. And by amazing coincidence, the Boston Globe website gets a few thousand extra hits on a slow news day!
Old 07-30-2007, 04:01 PM   #37
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

According to the AP, it's now a done deal...

Celtics agree to acquire Garnett for four players, draft pick

July 30, 2007
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

BOSTON -- Kevin Garnett is leaving Minnesota after the Boston Celtics agreed to acquire the All-Star forward in a multiplayer trade with the Timberwolves, a Celtics official told the Associated Press on Monday.

Among the players who could be headed to Minnesota are forward Al Jefferson, guard Sebastian Telfair, swingman Gerald Green and center Theo Ratliff, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been completed.

The official also said the Timberwolves would get at least one draft choice.
AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2006-2007, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

http://sportsline.com/nba/story/10275030
Old 07-30-2007, 04:01 PM   #38
bobatundi
Golden Member

bobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond reputebobatundi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
not according to this:

http://www.forbes.com/2007/03/02/spo...0302gms_2.html
bobatundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:09 PM   #39
Stranger
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
No Jefferson? I bet this turns into one of those reports on a trade that is all but done and then gets derailed by small snag. And by amazing coincidence, the Boston Globe website gets a few thousand extra hits on a slow news day!
Looks like I've been proven to be an idiot a bit more quickly than usual...

Last edited by Stranger; 07-30-2007 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:29 PM   #40
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
BOSTON - Kevin Garnett is leaving Minnesota after the Boston Celtics agreed to acquire the All-Star forward in a multiplayer trade with the Timberwolves, a Celtics official told The Associated Press on Monday.

Among the players who could be headed to Minnesota are forward Al Jefferson, guard Sebastian Telfair, swingman Gerald Green and center Theo Ratliff, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal had not been completed. The official also said the Timberwolves would get at least one draft choice.

The teams still had some things to clarify with the players' contracts, but the official said that would not keep the Celtics from acquiring Garnett, although there could be a change in the players ticketed for the Timberwolves.

There was a chance that a conference call announcing the trade — the possibility of which was first reported by FOXSports.com's Jeff Goodman late Sunday — would be held Monday, the official said.

Garnett, 31, has spent all of his 12 NBA seasons with Minnesota. He would get an extension of his contract, which has one year plus an option year remaining, the official said.

The Celtics had tried to get Garnett late last month, but his agent said he didn't want to go to Boston.

Since then, Boston acquired seven-time All-Star guard Ray Allen from Seattle in a draft day deal. Already with Paul Pierce, the Celtics would become instant contenders in the mediocre Atlantic Division with Garnett, even without promising forward Jefferson.

The Celtics obtained Allen and the 35th pick of the draft for guards Delonte West and Wally Szczerbiak, and forward Jeff Green of Georgetown, whom they drafted with the fifth pick.

The Celtics have won just three playoff series during Pierce's nine years with them. They still have an NBA-record 16 championships, but none since 1986.

"They have no excuses, this team out there," Danny Ainge, the executive director of basketball operations, said after Allen was acquired.

Pierce, 29, led the Celtics in scoring last season but played only 47 games because of injury.

Allen, who turns 32 next month, averaged a career-high 26.4 points last season, his 11th, but underwent surgery to remove bone spurs on both ankles that required him to wear protective boots. He is expected to be ready for training camp.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 07-30-2007 at 04:31 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote