Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-01-2009, 11:26 PM   #121
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone did exactly what their job asked of them tonight. This team would be so good if everyone played up to their potential on a nightly basis.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #122
xraided199

xraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud ofxraided199 has much to be proud of

very proud of our boys tonight, kept the lead for most of the game. kidd was on a mission, and MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! by the way, singleton has been a monster. he has been such a valuable piece to this team as of late, and i think he will only get better.

GREAT WIN! (to put a lil damper on the win tho, the hornets, blazers, suns AND jazz won. why does this ALWAYS SEEM TO F***IN HAPPEN?!? I JUST WANNA MOVE UP IN STANDINGS FINALLY!!!)

heres some rep fam...g'night

GO MAVS!!!

M/F/F/L
xraided199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:31 PM   #123
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

I've always known about Singleton, this is why I wanted us to move Bass so bad... shoulda packaged him with Stack and/or Howard.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
TheMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:32 PM   #124
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
I've always known about Singleton, this is why I wanted us to move Bass so bad... shoulda packaged him with Stack and/or Howard.
I honestly don't mind having both.. They both seem to play really well along side Barea. Bass has also gotten in more of a groove since the beginning of the season.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:34 PM   #125
TheMaverick
Golden Member

TheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to beholdTheMaverick is a splendid one to behold

Don't get me wrong--I love them both. But they are both backups to the best player of the team. To me, it seems like wasted assets.

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:37 PM   #126
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaverick View Post
Don't get me wrong--I love them both. But they are both backups to the best player of the team. To me, it seems like wasted assets.
I almost agree with you.. but they aren't being used as Dirk's back up. As much as most of us disagree with and hate it, they continue to be used at the 5 spot... so it's not as much as a clog as it should be. I doubt the coaching staff will stop using them that way and honestly Singleton was pretty damn effective at the 5 today.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #127
TheMaverick
Golden Member

Trading them away woulda prevented using them at the 5

The Legendary Mavericks:
- Mark Aguirre
- Rolando Blackman
- Tom Cruise
- Jason Kidd
- Mel Gibson
- Michael Finley
- Dirk Nowitzki
- Jason Kidd (again)
- who's next?
Old 03-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #128
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I don't mind them used as backup centers that much.... Hollins is softer than tissue paper. Really they're the best options for the team as currently constructed.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #129
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Man, Singleton the past 5 games has been a beast on the boards.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:42 PM   #130
fluid.forty.one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
I don't mind them used as backup centers that much.... Hollins is softer than tissue paper. Really they're the best options for the team as currently constructed.
I think TheMaverick's point was that this team shouldn't be constructed like this.. which I would agree with if Bass was still being used at the 5.

With Singleton playing the 5, he's effective (at least for now) and it lets Bass play the 4.

Honestly, Singleton is doing a better job holding down the Center position than Dampier.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:46 PM   #131
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
Man, Singleton the past 5 games has been a beast on the boards.
looking at his game logs... it looks like whenever he gets at least 27-30 minutes he's going to put up some very decent and consistent stats. This guy just needs more playing time. He's a double-double machine
However, each of those games came against bad teams excluding the Spurs.

Last edited by Windmill360; 03-01-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:49 PM   #132
vRookie

vRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to allvRookie is a name known to all

Singleton is coming in for Damp these days and seems to do a much better job than him. He was awesome tonight agianst Bosh especially late in the game. This guy is so versatile, because he can play 2-5. One of the many reasons, I love his game.
vRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:59 AM   #133
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
OMG Jason Terry is black!!
uhhh, no sh** Sherlock...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #134
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Damp is the suck!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:15 PM   #135
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Damp is the suck!
He seems to be yanked at even the slightest hint of a mis-match these days.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #136
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
He seems to be yanked at even the slightest hint of a mis-match these days.

Yeah, and when he gets his 3rd foul in the 1st Qrtr. I really don't mind him not being in the game, at all. Just sucks we have to pay him money. He does some good things on occasion but has and will never live up to expectations.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:31 PM   #137
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

As Shaq would say, I'm glad we beat the "RuPaul" of big men today.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #138
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yeah, and when he gets his 3rd foul in the 1st Qrtr. I really don't mind him not being in the game, at all. Just sucks we have to pay him money. He does some good things on occasion but has and will never live up to expectations.
Amen.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
damp<avery, gdt 08/09, singleton>harris