Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-24-2009, 10:53 PM   #1
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of
Default Mavs 76 Spurs 91

Actually I don't know if that's the final score, that's when I stopped paying attention though.

Anywho, I'm pretty agitated by this loss. A team with 2 of its big 3 out, comes out and sets tempo, and we never respond. The role players were adequate tonight, Kidd and Dirk were no shows as was teh case against Houston. Just as we blame the help when they didn't show up in the games against Denver and Boston, we must blame Dirk and Kidd for not showing up tonight.

Howard and Barea... empty stats, too many negative and boneheaded plays offset their decent scoring nights.

I'm agitated. Oh well, on to Milwaukee I guess?
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2009, 10:54 PM   #2
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is the biggest cuplrit. If Terry isn't on the court, he has to step up. Just like Parker did tonight when Duncan and Manu were out. He hasn't done that. He has become gunshy.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Its disgusting. Josh Howard is not a shooter outside of 10 feet. When will the coaching staff fill him in.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:57 PM   #4
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
Dirk is the biggest cuplrit. If Terry isn't on the court, he has to step up. Just like Parker did tonight when Duncan and Manu were out. He hasn't done that. He has become gunshy.
Yep, Dirk didn't step up and has shot horribly the last few games. Singleton continues to look good.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:58 PM   #5
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

I thought we'd lose, I didn't think we'd be blown to pieces though.

Like most were saying back in December. This team is what it is. They needed to make a move at the deadline and they didn't. So we'll play out this string, and maybe get into the playoffs where at best they'll be eliminated in the second round.

I hope they prove me wrong, but as constructed, there's no way they will. It's a just a team with far too many holes.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:59 PM   #6
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

It really is baffling. It's as if Dirk doesn't care and even if he did Carlisle isn't interested in giving him the ball.

I mean there's no question here right... all three of these losses are because of Dirk.

Sure having Terry would have helped but if you can't even make it a close game against the Spurs without Duncan and Ginobli... there really is no hope for this team.

What the heck is going on with Dirk?
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #7
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Pathetic..... I'm getting pretty tired of this team......
Old 02-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #8
Bookit
Diamond Member

This was another one of those games where the Mavs could have used 10 -15 points from Kidd. He might be the most inept offensive player in the league, followed by Diop.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #9
tcat075
Diamond Member

tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Anyone want some pitiful stats?

Starters were a combined 15/49 shooting.

Tony Parker made as many FG's as all of the Mavs starters combined.

Only two bench players made field goals (Barea + Singleton). A third scored from a FT (Bass). This is despite Dampier playing merely 9 minutes.

Tony Parker had more assists (12) than the entire Mavericks team (10).

One good stat: Singleton had 7 (!?is that right?!) offensive rebounds...
from gdt
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #10
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk is mailing it in right now. No question. I hope this is his last season here, I really do. I hope we can send him to a team that will give him a reason to care again.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:03 PM   #11
antoinewalker
Golden Member

antoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the roughantoinewalker is a jewel in the rough

so jason kidd had 2 points, 6 rebounds, and 4 assists? wow.
antoinewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:03 PM   #12
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Anyone else think we should blow up the team?
Old 02-24-2009, 11:04 PM   #13
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Dirk is mailing it in right now. No question. I hope this is his last season here, I really do. I hope we can send him to a team that will give him a reason to care again.
I hope you're wrong, but it sure does look like your post has validity to it honestly. It's a one man show right now, and lets be honest... he knows there's no chance he's going to win a championship here in Dallas. (Outside of the Mavs making a Gasol like move this offseason).

I just don't think he wants to wait till 2010 to become a contender again.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:06 PM   #14
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness View Post
Anyone else think we should blow up the team?

Too late. The Mavs played just good enough to get past the trade deadline.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:06 PM   #15
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi View Post
Anywho, I'm pretty agitated by this loss. A team with 2 of its big 3 out, comes out and sets tempo, and we never respond. The role players were adequate tonight, Kidd and Dirk were no shows as was teh case against Houston. Just as we blame the help when they didn't show up in the games against Denver and Boston, we must blame Dirk and Kidd for not showing up tonight.
Perfect example of this team's ever-present inconsistency. Dirk's and Kidd's showings against Houston and now San Antonio were particularly disappointing. These are the games to make a statement and take advantage of the situation. One would think that a veteran ballclub like the Mavs would try do to just that and will their way to a win. Instead, they almost collectively surrendered and proved once again in an important game why no one expects this team to make any noise come playoff time.

I thought the loss against Houston was frustrating. This one might be even worse.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:08 PM   #16
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
Perfect example of this team's ever-present inconsistency. Dirk's and Kidd's showings against Houston and now San Antonio were particularly disappointing. These are the games to make a statement and take advantage of the situation. One would think that a veteran ballclub like the Mavs would try do to just that and will their way to a win. Instead, they almost collectively surrendered and proved once again in an important game why no one expects this team to make any noise come playoff time.

I thought the loss against Houston was frustrating. This one might be even worse.
The Mavs didn't lead for one second in this game.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:08 PM   #17
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

Does anyone think Dirk IS mailing it in though?

It wouldn't surprise me.

I'm no body language doctor or psychologist, I haven't really liked his body language all season long, even when he's played well. I get a sense he senses the mediocrity and after D-Whistlegate in 2006 and the heartbreak of 2007, struggles to stomach the fact that our boys in blue can't win a title.

Who knows, I'm probably knee jerking.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:09 PM   #18
odb 7777

odb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these partsodb 7777 is infamous around these parts

Quote:

This!

Spurs lacking offense: Parker takes 32 shots! Aggressive as hell!
We lacking offense: Dirk takes 15 shots! That`s he is - a passiv pussy! A laid back guy!

Last edited by odb 7777; 02-24-2009 at 11:13 PM.
odb 7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:12 PM   #19
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookit View Post
Too late. The Mavs played just good enough to get past the trade deadline.
Yeah, well i was talking about this summer. I think we're just gonna be that team that is 7th or 8th seed but won't contend for the title unless there are some major changes. BTW, Carlisle is not that great of a coach.....
Old 02-24-2009, 11:13 PM   #20
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
The Mavs didn't lead for one second in this game.
Just wondering: Did I imply that with my statement?
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:14 PM   #21
Bookit
Diamond Member

I like Barea, Wright, and Singleton. Those guys play hard. Josh plays hard too but whatever happened to all the rebounding and intangibles he used to bring? If Josh takes another shot past 10 feet Carlisle should call a timeout and yell at him. He can't shoot! Josh could get to the free throw line any time he wants if he would just try.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #22
Bookit
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger View Post
Just wondering: Did I imply that with my statement?

Sorry, I meant to comment on how this game was much worse than the Houston game IMO because the Mavs didn't even compete one bit. The Mavs were up by 15 at one point against Houston. That game stunk. This game is horrible.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #23
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Quote:
I like Barea, Wright, and Singleton. Those guys play hard. Josh plays hard too but whatever happened to all the rebounding and intangibles he used to bring? If Josh takes another shot past 10 feet Carlisle should call a timeout and yell at him. He can't shoot! Josh could get to the free throw line any time he wants if he would just try.
This is what im talking about.... i may be mistaken but i haven't seen Carlisle yell out one of the players this entire season for making a boneheaded move.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:20 PM   #24
Bookit
Diamond Member

Certainly Avery didn't have a much of a clue on how to beat the zone but he sure got the Mavs to play defense. I agree. A little yelling at players might help, especiall Howard.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:21 PM   #25
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The emergence of a bench is one positive to try to take away from this nasty stretch. If they can hold this course when Jet is back, that's going to help us out.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:22 PM   #26
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

This has probably already been mentioned but....we haven't beat a WCF playoff team since CHRISTMAS????

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:22 PM   #27
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Yep, Dirk didn't step up and has shot horribly the last few games. Singleton continues to look good.
Ever since the trade deadline. Dirk was probably confident we would make a major move to get a player to compliment him. He was probably thinking that Howard would be outta here. Dirk and Howard's chemistry together is horrible. As if they irritate one another
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:23 PM   #28
Itachi

Itachi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkgreatness View Post
This is what im talking about.... i may be mistaken but i haven't seen Carlisle yell out one of the players this entire season for making a boneheaded move.
Maybe he assumes they know what they did wrong. A bad decision if true...
Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:24 PM   #29
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Quote:
Certainly Avery didn't have a much of a clue on how to beat the zone but he sure got the Mavs to play defense. I agree. A little yelling at players might help, especiall Howard.
I think so too. Carlisle is too laid back. I see him as a players coach like Wade is to the cowboys. But i don't know since i dont know what goes on in practice and etc.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:25 PM   #30
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Ok so Dirk is quiting on the team now?...I mean first it was Josh when he made Peja Stojakovic look like Kobe in the Hornets series but now Dirk quit?...I mean I felt like the Spurs where trying to give us this game by not playing Duncan but the Mavs still couldn't get the win, It's gonna take me some time to get over this game man...oh and the Mavs need to sign Keith Mcleod because I'm getting sick of fast PG's making a fool out of Jason Kidd.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:25 PM   #31
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The emergence of a bench is one positive to try to take away from this nasty stretch. If they can hold this course when Jet is back, that's going to help us out.
It's fool's gold. The only reason Singleton and Barea are looking good is because they are taking away from Dirk and Dampier. In other words, if Dirk would do ghis damn job, Barea wouldn't fill the need to be the go to player in the 4th quarter. If Damp could stay on the g8d damn floor, Singleton wouldn't have to play the center spot.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:27 PM   #32
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Mavs are going to regret not trading Kidd's contract.

I said this earlier in the year and i'll say it again. If they "gave up" on Avery last season what in the hell are they doing with Carlisle?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:29 PM   #33
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
It's fool's gold. The only reason Singleton and Barea are looking good is because they are taking away from Dirk and Dampier. In other words, if Dirk would do ghis damn job, Barea wouldn't fill the need to be the go to player in the 4th quarter. If Damp could stay on the g8d damn floor, Singleton wouldn't have to play the center spot.
I agree. You don't get 10 contributors night in and night out. Guys struggle. When guys struggle guys step up. That's all this is.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #34
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

You are so right on Kidd's contract. Instead of us trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel, we keep sinking more in the tunnel and takes longer to see the light. That was a bad move with Kidd's contract. What did we have to lose this year? I wonder if we had offers and what they were and i guess we will never know but i bet we had chances.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:33 PM   #35
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
This has probably already been mentioned but....we haven't beat a WCF playoff team since CHRISTMAS????
On the road.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:34 PM   #36
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janett_Reno View Post
You are so right on Kidd's contract. Instead of us trying to see the light at the end of the tunnel, we keep sinking more in the tunnel and takes longer to see the light. That was a bad move with Kidd's contract. What did we have to lose this year? I wonder if we had offers and what they were and i guess we will never know but i bet we had chances.
I have to think a team would've taken Kidd's contract. Especially all these teams trying to get cap relief. I just think with this Mavs team they want too much in a trade. If a team wanted Kidd for cap relief I bet the Mavs wanted that team to cut Kidd so they could resign him. Its just a mess. Its been a mess. Mavs beat a couple of horrible teams after "unleashing Kidd" and they got a false impression of how good they really are.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #37
Louis

Louis is on a distinguished road

"We will rebuild."
Old 02-24-2009, 11:37 PM   #38
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I agree. You don't get 10 contributors night in and night out. Guys struggle. When guys struggle guys step up. That's all this is.
I don't think it is. If it can translate when Jet comes back, it's additional weapons. It's added punch from the bench. We've mainly thought as Bass and Jet as the options for the bench, that's about it. If you can add JJ more consistently and hustle/energy from Singleton, it's going to make a difference.

Singleton is just begging to be a part of the rotation. If we go small he'll take over with Damp, if we stick "traditional" then he can play the 3 behind Josh. There are different ways for him to be on the court and it's looking like he'll be a factor either way. He might be able to score but you sure as heck know he will hustle and be a glue guy if he isn't scoring.

There are going to be off-nights, and people will need to step up, I get that. Isn't it reassuring to some extent that people are showing signs that they can actually do it? If they can show production, you could feel a little safer about going to the bench when you have a lead and need to rest the starters and it won't disappear, or see if they can provide a spark to get you going when things aren't working out.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:40 PM   #39
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I agree and also agree on rebuilding. It will be interesting on how far and deep we go to rebuild. I just hate to see us in this sahpe. It hurts to see it and know the truth. It hurts to watch us play a good team and also good coaches. Well i am off and will root for us next time.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:44 PM   #40
Bayliss

Quote:
I don't think it is. If it can translate when Jet comes back, it's additional weapons. It's added punch from the bench. We've mainly thought as Bass and Jet as the options for the bench, that's about it. If you can add JJ more consistently and hustle/energy from Singleton, it's going to make a difference.
But then JJ will be taking minutes away from eithr Kidd or Terry. And if he isn't then you have the 3 guard lineup. Either way you are using Barea way too much and hindering the better players on the court.

Quote:
Singleton is just begging to be a part of the rotation. If we go small he'll take over with Damp, if we stick "traditional" then he can play the 3 behind Josh. There are different ways for him to be on the court and it's looking like he'll be a factor either way. He might be able to score but you sure as heck know he will hustle and be a glue guy if he isn't scoring.
But then you have him playing ahead of who? Wright? Bass? And if you play him with Dirk then you are forcing your best player out of position to play him. Howard will get his minutes at the 3. Terry will play some at the 2. That leaves Wright playing some at the 2 and the 3. That leaves Singleton as the backup 4. That would be fine but then what about Bass? Playing him takes away from someone.

Quote:
There are going to be off-nights, and people will need to step up, I get that. Isn't it reassuring to some extent that people are showing signs that they can actually do it? If they can show production, you could feel a little safer about going to the bench when you have a lead and need to rest the starters and it won't disappear, or see if they can provide a spark to get you going when things aren't working out.
Because when the playoffs roll around you only play 8 guys:

Kidd
Howard
Terry
Dirk
Dampier
Wright
Bass

That is 7. If the Mavs are trusting Barea to be the 8th or Singleton to be the 8th... they are so so far f*cked that the light from f*cked will take millions of years just to reach it.

That is why they needed to make a trade. They need talent. BADLY.

Tags
we aren't the champions, we win super balls now?