zanahale

zanahale is on a distinguished road
Default Shaq selling L.A. Mansion

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5311021/

Leaving L.A.? Shaq
puts home up for sale

O'Neal asking $7.5 million
for L.A. area mansion

Los Angeles Lakers center Shaquille O'Neal and his wife Shaunie Nelson have put their house up for sale.

NBCSports.com news services
Updated: 8:19 p.m. ET June 27, 2004

Still think that Shaquille O'Neal might rescind his trade demand and return to the Los Angeles Lakers next season? In the latest evidence that O'Neal is ready to leave for greener pastures, the 32-year-old All-Star center and his wife, Shaunie, have put their home on the market, the Los Angeles Times reported Sunday.

advertisement
The home, in a gated community in the Beverly Hills area, is listed for $7.5 million, the newspaper reported.

Days after the Lakers lost to the Detroit Pistons in the NBA Finals, O'Neal demanded to be traded, saying L.A. has lost its family feel and willingness to do anything to win.

O'Neal bought the home in 1997, the year he signed a $120 million contract with the Lakers.

The family just completed a huge remodel, the L.A. Times reported. The 12,500-square foot house has seven bedrooms, eight bathrooms, a movie theater and wet bar, the newspaper reported.

Other amenities of the house include an elevator, office, built-in fish tanks, a recording studio and a gym, the newspaper reported.

The house previously had a tennis court, which was converted into a sport court and parking area for O'Neal's extra cars. The court can be turned back into a tennis court if the buyer requests, the newspaper reported.
© 2004 NBC Sports.com
zanahale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2004, 09:18 PM   #2
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Shaq selling L.A. Mansion

I had heard that the mansion was going to be put up for sale regardless.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 09:23 PM   #3
zanahale

zanahale is on a distinguished road

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...ASKETBALL.html

Jun 27, 10:11 PM EDT

Lakers' O'Neal Reiterates Wish for Trade

By CHRIS SHERIDAN
AP Basketball Writer

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Shaquille O'Neal reiterated his desire Sunday to be traded, though he wouldn't specify a preferred destination other than to say: "Everyone knows."

"I can't get into that," O'Neal said when asked to give a wish list of teams he would prefer to join.

O'Neal, who demanded a trade shortly after the Los Angeles Lakers lost in the NBA Finals to the Detroit Pistons, has put his house near Beverly Hills on the market for $7.5 million. The Lakers are known to have been fielding offers from other teams for the 7-foot-1 center, though general manager Mitch Kupchak has said he is holding out hope that O'Neal will change his mind.

O'Neal's representatives have already met with Kupchak to express their client's wishes.

"What I said in L.A., I wasn't (messing) around," O'Neal said after attending his first meeting as an officer of the players' union.

Perry Rogers, O'Neal's agent, did not return a phone call seeking comment.

O'Neal, who was chosen in February to replace Alonzo Mourning as a vice president on the union's executive council, took part in a 2 1/2-hour meeting to review an agenda centered primarily on collective bargaining issues.

The NBA's labor agreement with the union expires after the 2004-05 season. The sides have held two negotiating sessions in the past few months, the league asking for cost control safeguards including a four-year maximum length for player contracts.

The union is seeking a reduction or elimination in the so-called escrow tax, which calls for 10 percent of their paychecks to be withheld if the percentage of revenues devoted to player salaries eclipses a preset figure.

"Having him on the board, a guy that has the presence that he has around the league, and who has been so involved with business issues, it's a good additive to our executive board and brings great influence to the other guys in the league," union president Michael Curry said.

The only downer to O'Neal's day was a brief one. He left his cell phone in a men's room, but an elderly custodian found it and returned it, receiving an appreciative handshake from O'Neal as a reward.

Latest News
Southern Union Venture to Make Acquisition

Norwegian Gov't Orders Oil Strike's End

Major Union Takes Organizing Drive to Web

Ralphs Grocery Hiring Probe Under Way

© 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
zanahale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 10:08 PM   #4
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
"Everyone knows."
Does this mean Dallas?
Old 06-27-2004, 10:14 PM   #5
mavsfanforever
Diamond Member

mavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of lightmavsfanforever is a glorious beacon of light
Default RE: Shaq selling L.A. Mansion

Another rumor I heard but this actually came from Dave Shores that Dave is a good friend of one of the Body Guards of Shaq and it seems the body guard told him that Shaq will be a maverick next season.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:46 PM   #6
Cubans_Posse

Cubans_Posse is on a distinguished road

this is a good move by shaq because this pushes a trade
Cubans_Posse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 05:48 PM   #7
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

The house that MTV's Cribs covered? Sold?

A single tear can't express the anguish.

At least he will have all his customized "superman" cars follow him.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 06:22 PM   #8
HexNBA
Golden Member

HexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to allHexNBA is a name known to all

Pretty sure the house in Cribs was his Orlando mansion

..though I can't find any verification on google (either way). In any case it was madness
Old 06-28-2004, 08:20 PM   #9
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

A recording studio? haha The next thing we need are Shaq Christmas CDs...
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 10:37 AM   #10
WayOutWest
Golden Member

WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough

Shaq's got two other homes in LA but I think the one up for sale is the biggest.

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 11:10 AM   #11
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Pretty sure the house in Cribs was his Orlando mansion
They say on the show(Cribs) that it's his Orlando mansion. A 64,000sq.ft house is worth more than 7.5mil.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:34 AM   #12
NBAFan7

NBAFan7 is on a distinguished road

Shaq only has 1 body guard and his name is Jerome. I doubt he told anyone that Shaq would be a Maverick next season.
NBAFan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:41 AM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: NBAFan7
Shaq only has 1 body guard and his name is Jerome. I doubt he told anyone that Shaq would be a Maverick next season.
While it seems doubtful that a body guard would even be able to talk about their client's business, this statement demands evidence. How the hell do you know who Shaq's body guard(s) are?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote