Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2004, 06:11 PM   #1
akaarod03

akaarod03 is on a distinguished road
Default New York interested in Walker...fine...lets make a deal

Apparently, New York is interested in Walker. I'm assuming Dallas in interested in Dampier. Indiana is interested in NVE. Golden State wants to get rid of NVE and get something for Dampier. Let's make a deal...

Dallas trades Antoine Walker and Tony Delk

Dallas receives Erick Dampier and Austin Croshere

Golden State trades Nick Van Exel and Erick Dampier

Golden State receives Kurt Thomas, Scott Pollard, Jonathan Bender, and Tony Delk

Indiana trades Jonathan Bender, Scott Pollard, Austin Croshere

Indiana receives NVE and Shandon Anderson

New York trades Kurt Thomas and Shandon Anderson

New York receives Antoine Walker

Why Dallas does it? I really believe Dampier could help us win a championship. Call me crazy...but I think he's the missing piece. Of course last year we probably win the championship if Nowitski wasn't hurt for the final 4 games of the Spurs series...but thats beside the point. What has Dampier done against the power teams in the West? Let's take a look:

Dallas - 10/29/03 - 14 pts 17 rbds 3 blks
01/07/04 - 15 pts 8 rbds 2 blks
02/03/04 - 13 pts 12 rbds 1 blk

Lakers - 11/02/03 - 14 pts 23 rbds 2 blks
12/23/03 - 17 pts 11 rbds

Kings - 11/16/03 - 11 pts 15 rbds 1 blk
12/26/03 - 8 pts 9 rbds 1 blk

Spurs - 11/18/03 - 17 pts 11 rbds 1 blk
11/29/03 - 9 pts 16 rbds 1 blk

Timberwolves - 12/09/03 - 12 pts 8 rbds
01/28/03 - 21 pts 19 rbds 5 blks

Against Dallas...he's averaged 14 pts, 12.3 rbds, and 2 blks
Against Lakers..." 15.5pts, 17 rbds, and 1 blk
Against Kings...." 9.5 pts, 12 rbds, and 1 blk
Against Spurs...." 13 pts, 13.5 rbds, and 1 blk
Against Timberwolves...." 16.5 pts, 13.5 rbds, and 2.5 blks

Folks...the numbers may be bloated since he's on Golden State...but that's pretty damn good against the Power teams in the West.

Why Indiana does it? To get NVE. Anderson and Croshere's contract are essentially the same...although I think Anderson could play a much bigger role on the Pacers than what Croshere is currently playing.

Why New York does it? They get Walker for Anderson and Thomas? Nuff said.

Why Golden State does it? They get salary cap relief this year with Thomas most likely opting out. They get a decent center who simply hasn't found a niche in Indiana in Pollard. Bender is a nice young player who could finally devolop into something in Golden State if given more playing time. Delk is a nice role player. 2 years from now...both Delk and Pollard contracts are up...so they could be used as trade bait then. If the Warriors don't want Delk...Bradley could be inserted instead. I know the Warriors would be interested in Bradley because most likely Foyle will not resign with them. So they would have a center tandem of Pollard and Bradley...not too bad. From Dallas' perspective...I'd still pull the trigger...I mean Dampier/Williams/Nowitski/Fortson isn't too shabby. Of course, I think we can address the backup center position with Ostertag in the summer. Anyways, I'm thinking one of the teams above has to give Golden State a draft pick or cash or both to sweeten the deal for them (Probably New York since they're getting Walker for essentially nothing).

akaarod03 is offline   Reply With Quote