Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 11-26-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The official ESPN is making me gag with all of the Miami stroking

Good grief... How much can one person take.. It makes me wish they would all have some terribly accident so that I don't have to watch the fawning press of these guys everytime I turn on sportscenter.

A dedicated Miami Heat reporter? Are you kidding me?

And the orlando magic whoop 'em and the only post-game is with the heat?

Barack Obama for goodness sake (get your head right with ball barry!!) is following them?

Gag me with a spoon.

If I didn't hate that team before for the obvious collusion, ESPN is going to force me to puke everytime I see their name. Massive failure wish on both of them Miami and ESPN... YUCK....
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Good grief... How much can one person take.. It makes me wish they would all have some terribly accident so that I don't have to watch the fawning press of these guys everytime I turn on sportscenter.

A dedicated Miami Heat reporter? Are you kidding me?

And the orlando magic whoop 'em and the only post-game is with the heat?

Barack Obama for goodness sake (get your head right with ball barry!!) is following them?

Gag me with a spoon.

If I didn't hate that team before for the obvious collusion, ESPN is going to force me to puke everytime I see their name. Massive failure wish on both of them Miami and ESPN... YUCK....
They have more than one writer dedicated to the Heat. They have a handful of guys that write for their Heat blog.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
They have more than one writer dedicated to the Heat. They have a handful of guys that write for their Heat blog.
How many guys does it take to write "Bosh is overrated" or "Wade and LeBron can't both have the ball in their hands at the same time"???

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

havent you heard? The Heat are now "America's team"
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

I find the Heat fascinating myself. It's hilarious watching all the media trolls eating so much crow. It will get ridiculous and very much annoying when/if the Heat start rolling. If they continue going downhill though, it will also be very annoying to continue hearing the media make excuses on the Heat's behalf.

Just read the article about how the Heat are still one of the best when you consider margin of victory.. whatevvver. They are still barely above .500.

I cannot wait to play for the Mavs vs Heat game. It will feel sooo good to beat them.
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:09 PM   #6
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Philly wont be able to on the road with how bad they are (especially since they are worst in the East) but I would LOVE to see them come into Miami and come out with a win. Getting Miami to 8-8 would make my whole Thanksgiving.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I turn off any ESPN Pre/Half/Aftergame show and dont check ESPN.com

problem solved
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #8
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Philly wont be able to on the road with how bad they are (especially since they are worst in the East) but I would LOVE to see them come into Miami and come out with a win. Getting Miami to 8-8 would make my whole Thanksgiving.
the pacers beat them by 16 in miami. the 76ers have beaten the pacers. it could happen
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #9
RareMilk
Golden Member

RareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to allRareMilk is a name known to all

ESPN would be almost as good as Dallasbasketball if they would put in the same amount of effort to write up for other teams like the Heat. Insider would acctually be worth paying for...

How do the Sub .500 fans get their information?
RareMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:13 PM   #10
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm enjoying that basically every good team they play has beaten them (did I see that they're now 1-7 against teams with winning records?) but I definitely expect that by mid-February or March, they're going to start beating the pants off of just about everybody. I hope it isn't the case but I really can't see them struggling all season long.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 09:57 PM   #11
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I'm enjoying that basically every good team they play has beaten them (did I see that they're now 1-7 against teams with winning records?) but I definitely expect that by mid-February or March, they're going to start beating the pants off of just about everybody. I hope it isn't the case but I really can't see them struggling all season long.
Yeah but then its may and they play Boston in the postseason with Boston in "typical" postseason shape...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:27 AM   #12
AngieO41

AngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to behold

haha.. here is an example of how fake the Miami fans are. Ok, so I'm a hostess at a TGI Fridays here in Miami. So a dude walks in wearing a Championship shirt, so I ask him if he'd like to sit in the bar area to watch the game. He goes, "What game?" So I said, "Oh, I was assuming since you're wearing that shirt that you'd like to watch the Heat game." He was just like, "Oh ok I guess."

Haha, stupid, fake fans.
AngieO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:27 AM   #13
AngieO41

AngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to behold

Last edited by AngieO41; 11-29-2010 at 06:57 PM.
AngieO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:58 PM   #14
DMOC

DMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of lightDMOC is a glorious beacon of light

Heat are slowly breaking down ...

LeBron bumping shoulders with Spoelstra when he had a good 10+ feet of the view and was walking (not running) ... lol. We all know what happened to Mike Brown.
DMOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:05 AM   #15
Rick41
Diamond Member

Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

http://deadspin.com/5709950/

Quote:
Photo of the Miami Heat's bus in Salt Lake City yesterday (really) courtesy of Brian Windhorst's Twitter.

REALLY?

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #16
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Laughing at ESPNNEWS comparing the Heat to the Beatles.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #17
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Laughing at ESPNNEWS comparing the Heat to the Beatles.
LeBron is more popular than Jesus...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #18
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
LeBron is more popular than Jesus...
LeSus.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #19
She_Growls
Golden Member

She_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to allShe_Growls is a name known to all

ESPN: Heat players cry in locker room after loss to Bulls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f57fLsRLIw&fea ture=player_embedded
She_Growls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quitness