Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Wolves vs. Mavs Gameday Thread 11/22

this sucks big time
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:52 PM   #166
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

I guess that missed Stackhouse free throw really hurts right about now.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:52 PM   #167
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Too much standing around on the last play.

You can squarely put this loss on Daniels, Stack, and Terry.......In the 4th quarter, Daniels was garbage. He should have been out of the game.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:53 PM   #168
NoHeartIncluded

NoHeartIncluded is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Wolves vs. Mavs Gameday Thread 11/22

that sucked

-Jimmy Valvano
NoHeartIncluded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:53 PM   #169
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

That's just cruel. I think I would've rather we'd gotten blown out.
Old 11-22-2004, 10:56 PM   #170
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

we had this in the bad with about 4 minutes left, it was just a big breakdown

imo we'll be emotionally and physically worn out from this loss and lose the next 3 of 4
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 10:57 PM   #171
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:04 PM   #172
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: Bookit
i guess stackhouse's all around terrible game really hurts right about now...
Old 11-22-2004, 11:05 PM   #173
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3
Too much standing around on the last play.

You can squarely put this loss on Daniels, Stack, and Terry.......In the 4th quarter, Daniels was garbage. He should have been out of the game.
It sure would have been nice for our coach to call a timeout sometime during that Minny run. We took home a 20 second timeout (I guess we can use it another game).
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:08 PM   #174
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

it hurts, but with no Dirk and no Fin it is kinda surprising that they were in to the end.

how about Howard 3-3 from three and Harris getting 3 blocks?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:12 PM   #175
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Mavs lose 82-83:

Howard (38) 8-18, 3-3, 3-4, 22pts, 8rbs, 4as, 3stls, 1blk

Booth (25) 4-7, 8pts, 3rbs, 1as, 2stls, 1blk

Dampier (31) 3-8, 0-1, 5-10, 11pts, 9rbs, 1blk

Daniels (43) 5-18, 0-2, 1-2, 11pts, 10rbs, 5as, 3tos, 3stls, 1blk

Harris (34) 7-17, 0-4, 14pts, 2rbs, 3as, 1to, 2stls, 3blks

Terry (16) 1-6, 0-2, 2pts, 3rbs, 2as, 1to

Stackhouse (28) 1-9, 0-1, 2-3, 4tps, 5rbs, 1to

Henderson (24) 4-9, 2-2, 10pts, 8rbs, 1to

Bradley (1)
Old 11-22-2004, 11:14 PM   #176
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

why no Damp down the stretch?? 11pts and 9 rebounds but barely played in the fourth???

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-22-2004, 11:16 PM   #177
StrikerV

StrikerV will become famous soon enough

our bench

2-15

(stack and terry)
StrikerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:16 PM   #178
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

The good news? It was a game that let Dirk rest without costing the Mavs in the standings.

SA lost. And Dallas has some hope of beating SA considering that SA has "choked" the last two games.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:17 PM   #179
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

The ONLY thing I can guess is that we are saving Damp for the playoffs!!!!

Otherwise it makes no sense to pay $70 million dollars for a player who can't/dosen't play in the fourth quarter.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:17 PM   #180
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
why no Damp down the stretch?? 11pts and 9 rebounds but barely played in the fourth???
Nellie went to small ball again. While it can be effective in stretches, we can't use it for more than a couple of minutes at a time. Otherwise it becomes a layup drill (like the last couple of minutes in the 4th tonight).
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:18 PM   #181
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

The good news? It was a game that let Dirk rest without costing the Mavs in the standings.

SA lost. And Dallas has some hope of beating SA considering that SA has "choked" the last two games.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:18 PM   #182
bcrav4
Golden Member

bcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to allbcrav4 is a name known to all

The ONLY thing I can guess is that we are saving Damp for the playoffs!!!!

Otherwise it makes no sense to pay $70 million dollars for a player who can't/dosen't play in the fourth quarter.
"They better not put me in the All-Star Game. I won't shoot, but I'll dominate that easy game. I'll be playing hard defense. I'll be foulin'. I'll be flagrant fouling. Everyone will be like, 'What are you doing?'" -- Ron Artest.
bcrav4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:19 PM   #183
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I thought the fact that Bradley stepped on the floor for 15 seconds, between a deadball and a timeout, was more disturbing.

Damp definitely made our game different, but he seemed to be a boon to the team defensively and wasnt too bad on the other end

Maybe it was the missed three.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:23 PM   #184
CwDogg

CwDogg will become famous soon enough

What the hell wrong with Nellie. why does he call a play that takes so long to develop with only 5 seconds left.
CwDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:23 PM   #185
CwDogg

What the hell wrong with Nellie. why does he call a play that takes so long to develop with only 5 seconds left.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:28 PM   #186
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When Minn went small, we matched them. Damp couldn't have guarded anybody they had on the floor. Of course in retrospect, our small guys had trouble guarding they're small guys.

Old 11-22-2004, 11:28 PM   #187
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

This game was the most fun of any game this season. We went cold for a few minutes, and we made those young, backup player mistakes at the end, but our team without Finley and Dirk (as well as nearly being without Stack and Terry) played their hearts out and matched up with the Wolves at full strength. As I mentioned earlier Dirk, Damp, Fin and Terry going down was going to hurt us a little as far as standings are concerned, but it was a real opportunity to realize that basketball takes 48 minutes to win. I was more than thrilled (and jumping out of my chair and screaming) at their effort tonight. This team didnt know how to finish, but it did a lot of good things that I did not see when they were oozing with too much talent.

Howard was incredible. Harris looked really sharp through 3-3 1/2. Henderson was impressive. This was a gritty game, and the "L" didn't put our effort justice.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:32 PM   #188
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

Am I the only one who thought that Henderson fouled KG before he actually was in shooting motion?????!?!??!
Old 11-22-2004, 11:45 PM   #189
acebball

acebball has a little shameless behaviour in the past

No, you weren't...benefits of being the MVP...I was at the game tonight and saw Henderson clearly fouling KG down low but the refs didn't call it until he began his shooting motion...Hendu is one of the smartest players in the league (accepted to med school and 1300 SAT) and would not be a player to forget to intentionally foul prior to the shot. The refs called it their way...otherwise, a well-officated game in my opinion and for us to be outsourced 16-3 over the final 4:30 minutes is indefensibile in my opinion...Nellie is the worst coach in the league and should be fired tomorrow. He was asked why Damp didn't play in the fourth and he said because he couldn't guard KG...well guess what...no one can. Damp can clog the lane like he did in the first quarter and draw fouls...we were in the penalty...I'm really tired of Nellie playing Daniels in crunch time (43 minutes for Daniels...is Terry really that bad?) and no center...FIRE NELLIE!!!!!!!!!! Great effort by the guys...tough game to win.
acebball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:49 PM   #190
CwDogg

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Quote:
Am I the only one who thought that Henderson fouled KG before he actually was in shooting motion?????!?!??!
He did
Old 11-22-2004, 11:53 PM   #191
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I just can't stand the way Nellie coaches this team. Small ball and match up ball was ok and fun back in the 80's during the regular season; however, this isn't the 80's. No team can win a championship without playing a traditional half court set. It just can't be done. If a team wants to go small, then throw the damned ball into Dampier or Bradley and punish them. The game does not need to be pretty or aesthetically pleasing, it needs to be effective. Good half court play wins championships when combined with excellent defense. I am beginning to doubt whether Nellie actually wants to win a championship? He always is trying to play matchup gimmicks. Tonight, his gimmicks worked for a little while until the other team made adjustments. I hoped they could close it out; however, their half court offense is suspect and they shoot 3 pointers (just like last year) with late leads. This is why they have Dampier. With a 12 point lead with 3 or 4 minutes to go can someone please tell me why he or Bradley wasn't in the game. Minny got offensive boards and easy transition buckets to win the game. Horrible coaching tonight.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 11:57 PM   #192
acebball

acebball has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Dead on right. Nellie is the worst coach in the NBA...he has amazing talent, even with Dirk and Fin out...~$27 mm in centers on the payroll and none play in the 4th when the bad guys were running a layup drill and snagging every offensive rebound. Nellie should be fired tomorrow!!!!
acebball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 12:09 AM   #193
Azn_Baller101

Azn_Baller101 is on a distinguished road

cubes please please please please please!! fire nellie tommorow... i don't care how much it takes... hire PHIL JACKSON!! who's with me??
Azn_Baller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 12:12 AM   #194
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
Quote:
When Minn went small, we matched them. Damp couldn't have guarded anybody they had on the floor. Of course in retrospect, our small guys had trouble guarding they're small guys.
I thought the point of having a "dominant" force type center was that other teams would be forced to match up with him...not that he would be forced out in the fourth allowing the opponant far too many easy shots...I don't like the call from nellie....kg will not kill you taking 15ft jumpers which is where he ends up if Damp is in the game.

Old 11-23-2004, 12:12 AM   #195
LordOfTheMavs

LordOfTheMavs is on a distinguished road

Fuck the TWolves.
LordOfTheMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 12:14 AM   #196
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: Azn_Baller101
cubes please please please please please!! fire nellie tommorow... i don't care how much it takes... hire PHIL JACKSON!! who's with me??
not I.

Old 11-23-2004, 12:16 AM   #197
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

Quote:
I thought the point of having a "dominant" force type center was that other teams would be forced to match up with him
There was no one on the floor for Minnesota that could have guarded Damp. He was throwing his weight around very effectively out there. Minnesota would have had to throw in Kandi or Johnson and they would have had to take out one of their guard/forwards. We could have dictated things.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:18 AM   #198
sike
The Preacha

[quote]
Originally posted by: EricaLubarsky
Quote:
We could have dictated things.
exactly my thoughts. don't bend to them..make them bend to you.

Old 11-23-2004, 12:19 AM   #199
Azn_Baller101

Azn_Baller101 is on a distinguished road

damn, well it was a great effort, and devin harris had some playing time...

don nelson is still a uselass bag of lard... really old and nasty lard at that!
Azn_Baller101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 12:19 AM   #200
dirk2003

dirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to alldirk2003 is a name known to all

Hell yeah I would take the Zen Master over this piece of crap coach.