Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-05-2012, 04:05 PM   #41
clutch#41
Golden Member

clutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the roughclutch#41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Get real dude. You wanna watch Dirk get owned night after night just to watch him in a mavs uni? It's looking like teams are gonna be able to play 3 on 1 vs Dirk with no other offensive options.
im with this guy. sometimes you just have to face reality sometimes man!!
clutch#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #42
scorched03

scorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the roughscorched03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Red Shirt Dirk this year and let him stay in Germany.
Play the young guys and see who will cut it going forward, get a high pick in the giraffe
Come back and grab a bad ass free asian with our monies
yao? but unfortunatly he is not a free asian...
scorched03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #43
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Get real dude. You wanna watch Dirk get owned night after night just to watch him in a mavs uni? It's looking like teams are gonna be able to play 3 on 1 vs Dirk with no other offensive options.
i want watch Dirk in mavs uniform.

i don't care about the rest.we have our ring.
JeffViggiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #44
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffViggiano View Post
i want watch Dirk in mavs uniform.

i don't care about the rest.we have our ring.
Would you consider yourself a bigger Mavericks fan or a bigger Dirk fan?

If Mavericks, rebuilding as fast as we can is the best thing we can do right now.

If Dirk, you wouldn't mind seeing him happy/contending/showcasing his talents elsewhere.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #45
JeffViggiano
Banned

JeffViggiano will become famous soon enoughJeffViggiano will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Would you consider yourself a bigger Mavericks fan or a bigger Dirk fan?

If Mavericks, rebuilding as fast as we can is the best thing we can do right now.

If Dirk, you wouldn't mind seeing him happy/contending/showcasing his talents elsewhere.
with "rebuilding" do you mean "tanking"????

are you a mavs fan,then?

Last edited by JeffViggiano; 07-05-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #46
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffViggiano View Post
with "rebuilding" do you mean "tanking"????

are you a mavs fan,then?
Spurs tanked and got TD. New Orleans cleaned house and got Davis. Seattle tanked and got KD. Minn drafted Klove after moving KG. The examples go on and on.

Of course, there are the other instances... Bobcats, Warriors, etc. as well.

Am I a Mavs fan, really?

---

It's time to rebuild through the draft (i.e. Dirk).

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 07-05-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #47
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

So apparently we are after Aaron Brooks, Randy Foye, and possibly Sessions...
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #48
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

DJ Augustin?
Old 07-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #49
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

For Dirk's sake I would be happy to trade him away. The man deserves better. Use the pieces we can get from him to usher in a new era of Dallas basketball......man still can't fathom that last year we were CHAMPS1

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #50
alby
Guru

Nick Young to Philly. Does this make Evan Turner available? I wouldn't mind Turner. Young and does not shy away from the big moments.

Contact Me
Old 07-06-2012, 10:28 AM   #51
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Nick Young to Philly. Does this make Evan Turner available? I wouldn't mind Turner. Young and does not shy away from the big moments.
Evan Turner is their young star...there's no way. Young will simply slide into a 6-th man, back-up role for them and provide some punch off the bench.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #52
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think so. Lou Williams wants big money so they're willing to let him try to get that somewhere else. Young will just take his role.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #53
Dnowit41

Dnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to allDnowit41 is a name known to all

Quote:
They'll keep Turner. Lou Williams looks to be the odd man out.

A clear night in big D. Thousands of fans ready...anxiously awaiting his arrival.
The signal high in the Dallas sky calls for one person, and one person alone.........#41
Dnowit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #54
JeffViggiano
Banned

probably they leave iguodala...not our man.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:56 AM   #55
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Will never be able to rebuild though developing young talent as long as RC is coach.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #56
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmtalk View Post
Will never be able to rebuild though developing young talent as long as RC is coach.
That's the stupidest misconception that I hear from Mavs fans these days... Maybe Roddy and DoJo aren't developing because Rick won't play them, or maybe he won't play them because they suck... "Being young" sure as hell didn't keep Barea, Wright or Mahinmi off the court.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #57
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice post popsicle patty.
Murphy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #58
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmtalk View Post
Woa, woa, woa..., let's not get all "Rick Barnes" on Carlisle now...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #59
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rick Carlisle talks Mavs' losses

DALLAS -- Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle was the first to re-sign with the team when he agreed to a four-year contract extension in mid-May. Ten days into July’s free agency and he’s still waiting for someone to join him.

On the day the Mavs introduced their three draft picks, the story line of most interest Tuesday afternoon at the American Airlines Center was a busted free agency period that’s seen the remaining core of the 2011 title team, specifically franchise stalwarts Jason Kidd and Jason Terry, chipped away.

Speaking for the first time publicly since the Mavs lost out on No. 1 free-agent target Deron Williams a week ago, Carlisle said he has accepted the loses of Kidd and Terry, and suggested that the team's "flow" offensive style could change depending which players the Mavs eventually sign to round out a stripped-down roster that has just seven players under contract.

"With Kidd not being back and Terry not being back, those are two guys whose numbers are going to be hanging in the rafters here, so things will change a little bit," Carlisle said. "But we're going to wait and see exactly how much before we decide what things to tweak in our system."

Carlisle rarely deviates from his stoic posture, but it was evident that the loss of Terry, whose daughters attend school with Carlisle’s daughter, and Kidd's unexpected change of heart to join the New York Knicks, hit hard.

"It's important to say right up front that we're very grateful for everything Jason Kidd and Jason Terry did for us," Carlisle said. "Jason Kidd, he's a once-a-generation-type player. For me, the opportunity to work with a guy like that for four years, you can't replace that. When he comes back here he's going to get a thunderous ovation in appreciation of everything he did for us, so we look forward to that. And look, he made a decision to pursue something else that he thought would be better for him and he's certainly earned that right, so we wish him the best."

Carlisle had a particular soft spot for the fun-loving Terry, who agreed to join the Celtics. Having played eight seasons in Dallas, Terry was the second-longest tenured player behind Dirk Nowitzki. Immediately upon Carlisle’s hiring in 2008, Terry told him that he would do whatever he asked to help the team succeed.

Carlisle often talked about Terry's selflessness, such as his willingness to come off the bench, and how he set the tone early on and carried through, helping to win the franchise’s first championship in Carlisle’s third season.

"Jet, he's like a family member to me," Carlisle said. “Our daughters are best friends in school, so that’s a tough one; that’s a tough one on a lot of levels. But, again, with everything he’s done here in eight years, you’ve got to wish these guys absolutely the best and be thankful they’re in the East. We only have to see them twice a year instead of four times."

Those key veteran losses follow the Mavs’ decision last December to allow defensive anchor and leader Tyson Chandler, J.J. Barea and others from the title team leave in free agency in order to clear cap space to pursue a max-contract free agent this summer, a pursuit that has ultimately failed.

Tyson, in Las Vegas for Team USA training camp, told reporters that he felt sorry for Nowitzki and the coaching staff, suggesting the Mavs appear to have gone from a title to rebuilding in 13 months.

"Look, there's no need to feel sorry for us," Carlisle said. "Dynamic change is one of the things that you sign up for when you get into this business. The thing that we have to do is we have to continue to be resourceful, understand that this is still a very long summer and that there are a lot of possibilities that can happen."
The Mavs have yet to make a roster move since the free agency period started on July 1, and it could be a long, grinding process to fill out the roster before training camp opens on Sept. 28, less than a week before the club travels to Germany and Spain for a pair of exhibition games.

Carlisle said he has faith in the creative front office team of owner Mark Cuban and president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson that they can still surround Nowitzki with quality talent for the coming season, one that could elicit the lowest expectations for a Mavs team in more than a decade.

"We knew this was a time of change and to what level you never know for sure, but we’re going to have to continue to look this summer and work and see what other opportunities are there."
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...rry-defections

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:14 AM   #60
alby
Guru

MBT really did work today. Great, sneaky, quiet moves. And if they don't work out, we have room next summer again.

Contact Me