Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #41
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Why are you guys ruining an appreciation thread?
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #42
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I was wondering how long it would take you to explicitly bust out the old-man card. Well done. I just wish you hadn't used it to make such a preposterous argument.
I hope you don't think the kiddos are the ones to retire the numbers.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #43
mav4ever

mav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to allmav4ever is a name known to all

dang, all i said was boom goes the dynamite and if you hack on the dallas mavericks terry will punch you straight in the testicles as hard as he can.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #44
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Good question.. I should be defending it better.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #45
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'd say Terry scoreboarded him by being the better player, both overall and in the most important games.
Just for bookkeeping...was that you, or was that you doing the chum?
Old 05-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #46
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
And you are establishing what? That sports message board conversations are by their very nature inane? Good job, hero.

(P.S. You still don't get "transcend," when it comes to Finley.)
I'm establishing that, while you are very intelligent, you aren't very good at arguing issues on the merits. You make unsubstantiated claims and suspect insinuations, and once they're called into question, you tend to hurriedly shift the issue to something that can't be falsified and hope that nobody notices. Sometimes you'll pepper this shift with loaded "questions" directed at the person you're discussing with, hoping that you can get the person to slip up and shift the focus away from the incorrect or bizarre point you originally made.

Then, you often drop into some authority fallacy (which is typically based on your age and how long you've been a fan).

I like discussing things with you, and I actually do care what you think (including whether you like Finley--believe it or not), but you're all over the place with how you approach these things, and your attempts to bait people into arguments are patently obvious.

There's a reason you get called a troll by highly respect board members, despite being a long-tenured member yourself. It's because you're trolling.

*edit* I'm out for the night. Good talk.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls

Last edited by LonghornDub; 05-06-2012 at 07:22 PM.
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #47
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
I'm establishing that, while you are very intelligent, you aren't very good at arguing issues on the merits. You make unsubstantiated claims and suspect insinuations, and once they're called into question, you tend to hurriedly shift the issue to something that can't be falsified and hope that nobody notices. Sometimes you'll pepper this shift with loaded "questions" directed at the person you're discussing with, hoping that you can get the person to slip up and shift the focus away from the incorrect or bizarre point you originally made.

Then, you often drop into some authority fallacy (which is typically based on your age and how long you've been a fan).

I like discussing things with you, and I actually do care what you think (including whether you like Finley--believe it or not), but you're all over the place with how you approach these things, and your attempts to bait people into arguments are patently obvious.

There's a reason you get called a troll by highly respect board members, despite being a long-tenured member yourself. It's because you're trolling.

*edit* I'm out for the night. Good talk.
I appreciate your observations. They are quite keen. I wonder, though, what it is that you expect. You talk about arguing "on the merits," but the great, great majority of what we talk about on this board falls outside of objective criteria. I think it would be a pretty dull place if all we discussed were objective criteria. I've seen boards like that. They aren't the kind that you visit several times a day.

The rest is all rhetorical play...and I guess you get your practice or you don't. With some entertainment mixed in, to be sure.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #48
Jproxursoxoff

Jproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to beholdJproxursoxoff is a splendid one to behold

I'd like to add something.

Thank you Jet for being the heart of our team and for wearing your emotions on your sleeve.

Thanks for bringing 4th quarter mojo to this team to a level I'd never seen before. When we were ever down early in the 4th and I saw you make that first shot, I always said "Uh oh". I've never seen a guy be so unafraid of clutch moments. We were lucky as a team to have two closers on our roster.

Thanks for game 6 of the Finals. I believe it was you and your play that raised Dirk's level of play that game after he started slow and it was beautiful watching you and Dirk sink jumper after jumper in the 4th quarter to maintain that lead and win yourselves rings.

I will miss the Dirk/Terry picknroll, because it produced some truly beautiful plays and shots.

Thanks for all the timely shots. There are wayyy too many to mention. You were a beast going to your right. Stop and pop.

I'll always be a fan.
Jproxursoxoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #49
OneLove22

OneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to allOneLove22 is a name known to all

I love it! haha

JET will always be my homeboy.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #50
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Because appreciation threads are gay?
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #51
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Jason Terry...... I'm glad you were around to help out with winning the title, but I will not miss you one bit.

Murph
Old 05-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #52
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Because appreciation threads are gay?
You just made Grant Hill cry.

Loved JET's championship run, hated his antics this season. Loved the two-man-game with JET and Dirk, hated the defensive lapses. He does seem to be a polarizing figure.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #53
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Jet isn't going anywhere

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #54
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Jet isn't going anywhere
Yeah, he is.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #55
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jet isn't going anywhere
What makes you say this? I think it's fairly clear that he's gone, unless he decides to take some very substantial pay cut (which, with his ego, is quite unlikely even given his love for Dallas and the organization).

Old 05-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #56
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

If cubes is right and the cba starts to squeeze all of the mid level guys maybe, but i think cubes is wrong on the timeframe. It will squeeze them in about 2-3 years when the luxury tax bill really looms.

Jet is gone IMO.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 05-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #57
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jet isn't going anywhere
There's NOTHING about the way he just played against the Thunder that makes me think he'll be here next year - he was a total no-show in the playoffs because he could read the writing on the wall... Hell, he's been bitching about it all season.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-07-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #58
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
There's NOTHING about the way he just played against the Thunder that makes me think he'll be here next year - he was a total no-show in the playoffs because he could read the writing on the wall... Hell, he's been bitching about it all season.
And the last thing Donnie says about Terry...says it all...

“We’d love to have Jet back,” president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson said Sunday. “You talk about a guy that’s given his heart and soul to this franchise, and made big plays and big shots. You would love to have him back. It’s just, at what cost?http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...at-right-price

Meaning, unless you take a big pay cut...thanks for the memories.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 05-07-2012 at 10:31 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #59
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love for Jet to still be on the team - but we need him at least one but preferably two spots lower on the offensive totem pole for this team to excel. No doubt he can give us 15 ppg next season. I also think he'd be amenable to a 3 year deal that's frontloaded, because the major tax implications don't kick in for another 2 years, correct?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #60
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
I'd love for Jet to still be on the team - but we need him at least one but preferably two spots lower on the offensive totem pole for this team to excel. No doubt he can give us 15 ppg next season. I also think he'd be amenable to a 3 year deal that's frontloaded, because the major tax implications don't kick in for another 2 years, correct?
Yep, it's not just about salary, it's about role on the team. Jet's days of being the second scorer are done, and Kidd is done as a starter, which removes the defensive crutch Jet depended on to be a legitimate SG.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #61
CaseyJones

CaseyJones will become famous soon enough

It's not clear what so ever that JET is leaving. In fact, he's come out and said his main priority is to stay in Dallas and that he's only leaving if they decide to clear out and get rid of him. But if it's up to him, he'll be here next year.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #62
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
It's not clear what so ever that JET is leaving. In fact, he's come out and said his main priority is to stay in Dallas and that he's only leaving if they decide to clear out and get rid of him. But if it's up to him, he'll be here next year.
Everything is hunky dory until the numbers come up. The Mavs have other priorities to fill out before thinking about Jet's contract. If he gets an offer above the midlevel, then I can't see the team keeping him.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #63
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'm establishing that, while you are very intelligent.
No, no he's not.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #64
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

A shocking amount of disrespect for one of the all time great Mavericks is being displayed in this thread.

I'll be there when JET's jersey gets raised into the rafters of the AAC. I'll be cheering the loudest.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #65
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
You asked if he was a "Mavs great," sike. Probably only Rolando Blackman was/is a greater Mavs great. It was a wild question.

BTW, since Fin left TWO players have been given his number. That, to me, says quite a bit.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:29 AM   #66
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
A shocking amount of disrespect for one of the all time great Mavericks is being displayed in this thread.

I'll be there when JET's jersey gets raised into the rafters of the AAC. I'll be cheering the loudest.
Terry is what he is. He FINALLY delivered 2011 after being one of the major reason for every other playoff fail.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:41 AM   #67
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Terry is what he is. He FINALLY delivered 2011 after being one of the major reason for every other playoff fail.
I respectfully disagree, pal.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:58 AM   #68
LonghornDub

Quote:
I respectfully disagree, pal.
Rightly so.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #69
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

JET was a bum in the Houston series when they came back after being down 0-2. I mean did he even make a shot?

Calling out Lebron was a big mistake too.

Last edited by oilfieldtrash; 05-13-2012 at 10:33 AM.
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #70
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
JET was a bum in the Houston series when they came back after being down 0-2. I mean did he even make a shot?

Calling out Lebron was a big mistake too.
How so?
Old 05-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #71
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

Thank you Jet for all the great things you did for this organization while I didn't feel like you acted as a professional off the court this year, you did in the past and played hard all the time, thank you for the great title run!
Old 05-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #72
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribosoma View Post
How so?
He is being sarcastic.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #73
ribosoma
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
He is being sarcastic.
Now it makes a lot more sense.

It's hard to tell these days.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #74
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
Yea, the repeater rate doesn't kick in for 2 more seasons, in addition the dollar for dollar rate increases in 2 seasons as well. But the lux tax count is on. Odom blew us double not only performance wise but his salary kicked us into lux tax. For the repeater rate to kick in, you have to be in the lux tax for the 3 seasons prior in the 1st year, and 3 of 4 in the 2nd year.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #75
dude1394
Guru

Wanting jet lower on the pole and actually finding someone who's junk doesn't shrink up at the prospect of a game winning shot is two different things altogether.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #76
markus1234
Platinum Member

markus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to beholdmarkus1234 is a splendid one to behold

Jet is a great player and great guy, but he should have been our 3rd best scorer, always. His "robin" role was not fair for Jet and for the team.

I think it is no coincidence that our two most dominant reg. seasons ( 06 / 07 ) happened when Josh was the 2nd best scorer. Jet as a 3rd guy was deadly efficient during that stretch....

Last edited by markus1234; 05-14-2012 at 05:31 PM.
markus1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #77
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
Wanting jet lower on the pole and actually finding someone who's junk doesn't shrink up at the prospect of a game winning shot is two different things altogether.
I agree, writing "find a replacement for JET" on the to do list is cool and all...but then you have to actually find that person, and there aren't very many guys like that out there.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:24 PM   #78
balldontliez

balldontliez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I agree, writing "find a replacement for JET" on the to do list is cool and all...but then you have to actually find that person, and there aren't very many guys like that out there.
+1
balldontliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #79
Murphy3
Guru

I've never really like the guy.. Glad to see him on his way out. I "appreciate" his contributions especially last year, but I also cringed at his numerous boneheaded mistakes in the playoffs as well.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #80
JET41

JET41 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Agreed, it just shows how quickly fans forget.
I bet during the playoffs in 2011, everyone was cheering for him.
He has not the greatest season and everyone think he's bad and they be disrespectful.

Glad I'm not like that.
He'll forever be one of the best Mavericks. Whether people love him or hate him.
JET41 is offline   Reply With Quote