Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-10-2012, 07:49 AM   #41
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

JR Smith for two years 2.8 mil should be a good sign in getting Mayo for cheap. Both had similar stats and are near the same age. Can't see a big market for Mayo at this point...

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-10-2012 at 07:50 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #42
iella
Golden Member

iella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond reputeiella has a reputation beyond repute

Amused by this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ESPNSteinLine
Got lots to learn about Olympic track & field but pretty sure Dwight Howard's trade saga has already set an untouchable false start record
Old 07-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #43
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

8 mn. a year. Who is this guy ? I have never heard the name ?
Old 07-11-2012, 06:39 AM   #44
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

So the Spurs re-sign Danny Green for something in the 3 year/10-12M range and Tim Duncan for what sounds like 3yr/$12M. This effect of these two signings puts the Spurs team salary at around $60+M.

I think most would agree that the Spurs organization is one of the most shrewd and competent FOs in the business. And they appear to be moving forward with a plan that puts them over the cap, albeit under the luxury tax level. Compare this to our Mavs MBT that is still sitting on their hands. But the good news is that the Mavs have capspace and financial flexibility... the Spurs on the other hand have a competitive team for the next three years. With every new day more evidence accumulates that Cuban and Co. have made a huge mistake. Very, very sad.

Edit: I also read that that they plan to re-sign Diaw with a two year deal. Not sure what his salary per will be.

Last edited by purplefrog; 07-11-2012 at 06:41 AM.
purplefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #45
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Pretty sure Mark Cuban's got something under his sleeve.
I have faith. Bleed Blue Baby!

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:07 AM   #46
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

I have this nagging feeling that before this day ends Dwight Howard or Bynum even is wearing MAVS blue

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #47
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanObvious View Post
I have this nagging feeling that before this day ends Dwight Howard or Bynum even is wearing MAVS blue
I had a similar feeling last week, but it turned out to be gas.

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #48
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
So the Spurs re-sign Danny Green for something in the 3 year/10-12M range and Tim Duncan for what sounds like 3yr/$12M. This effect of these two signings puts the Spurs team salary at around $60+M.

I think most would agree that the Spurs organization is one of the most shrewd and competent FOs in the business. And they appear to be moving forward with a plan that puts them over the cap, albeit under the luxury tax level. Compare this to our Mavs MBT that is still sitting on their hands. But the good news is that the Mavs have capspace and financial flexibility... the Spurs on the other hand have a competitive team for the next three years. With every new day more evidence accumulates that Cuban and Co. have made a huge mistake. Very, very sad.

Edit: I also read that that they plan to re-sign Diaw with a two year deal. Not sure what his salary per will be.
The Spurs already have their core, they're just re-signing guys. They still have a young(ish) superstar as the center of their core. Completely different scenarios.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #49
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Quote:

I'm not so sure about Manu and Tim...thoes guys have been in playoff wars for years.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:13 AM   #50
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

The Nets just signed Jerry Stackhouse for 1.3M. Cuban is being ridiculously cheap this off-season.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #51
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
The Spurs already have their core, they're just re-signing guys. They still have a young(ish) superstar as the center of their core. Completely different scenarios.
It is different, but it's also not clear to me if the FO is willing to ever go over the cap and/or sign role players to contracts beyond one year (maybe two). Are you saying if the Mavs would have had a second elite superstar to place along side Dirk last Summer/Fall, the MBT would have brought back Tyson, JJB, and/or Caron? And perhaps even JET? If so, I'm not sure I agree with you, but I guess we'll never know. Right now, I am hypothesizing that the view of the FO is second tier or what they call B-List players, are too risky to sign with multiple year deals. That's speculation but its my gut feeling.

Last edited by purplefrog; 07-11-2012 at 10:15 AM.
purplefrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #52
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
The Nets just signed Jerry Stackhouse for 1.3M. Cuban is being ridiculously cheap this off-season.
Is this sarcasm?
Old 07-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #53
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is different, but it's also not clear to me if the FO is willing to ever go over the cap and/or sign role players to contracts beyond one year (maybe two). Are you saying if the Mavs would have had a second elite superstar to place along side Dirk last Summer/Fall, the MBT might have brought back Tyson, JJB, and/or Caron? And perhaps even JET? If so, I'm not sure I agree with you, but I guess we'll never know. Right now, I am hypothesizing that the view of the FO is second tier or what they call B-List players, are too risky to sign with multiple year deals. That's speculation but its my gut feeling.
Yes, that's what I'm saying. The whole point of this exercise is that they need the flexibility to get the second star. Once they have him, they can stay above the cap and commit to players to play around him.

Now, that's doesn't means that they'd go overpay a ton of guys, but their reason to maintain maximum flexibility would be gone.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 07-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #54
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_r View Post
Damn, the Mavs let another All-Star slip through their fingers!!

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #55
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
JR Smith for two years 2.8 mil should be a good sign in getting Mayo for cheap. Both had similar stats and are near the same age. Can't see a big market for Mayo at this point...
I don't understand how Novak got 4/$16M and JR got 2/$5.5M....
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #56
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'm hoping for Mayo. I love the idea of that kid resurrecting his career next to Dirk.

Get on it, MBT!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #57
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Word is that Phoenix is going to go after Mayo once Gordon gets matched. I would imagine they'll give him way more than we will offer.

DLord says the Mavs are WAAAY down on Mayo.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 07-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #58
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of lightoilfieldtrash is a glorious beacon of light

Is there anyone out there worthy of the mavs money?
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #59
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
DLord says the Mavs are WAAAY down on Mayo.
Well, who are the Mavs WAAAAY up on?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #60
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Is there anyone out there worthy of the mavs money?
The Mavs are waiting for a superstar to fall in their lap...
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #61
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute

Did you guys know that the Magic are thinking about trading Dwight Howard?

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #62
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Bayless signed a 2 year deal, first year worth around 3M. Seems like a decent deal. I'd prefer him over VC.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #63
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
Bayless signed a 2 year deal, first year worth around 3M. Seems like a decent deal. I'd prefer him over VC.
VC's is a 1yr deal. And it's all about FLEXIBILITY!!! man
That Jerrod Bayliss deal is so "Old CBA"
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote