Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-25-2001, 08:35 AM   #1
LAM0015
Banned

LAM0015 is on a distinguished road

overall, good game from fin last night..well, great first half at least.
I hate to whine about the officiating, but i think a key point late in the forth was the first time that nash was tripped by stockton without a call. saying that, the mavs can't blame the officiating for the loss. dirk has to step up regardless of how pathetically the game is being officiated. in all honesty, both coaches, owners...everyone involved with the jazz and the mavs should complain about the officiating. it was horrendous. but, the key is that the mavs have to knock down their shots.

one thing the mavs need to work on is getting the ball to the guy that's hot. they do a piss poor job of doing that. right after dirk had had a three point play, a four point play...he didn't touch the ball for the next few possessions late in the game.
the same with finley, he should have got more looks in the first half.

the mavs have to attempt to get dirk and finley on track early.
i think this series is proving that without solid play from nash.. and without dirk and finley, the mavs don't have a shot.
it's the big three..not the big four. howard shouldn't have even been on the floor for that much of the game. his defense and rebounding are rediculously bad.
LAM0015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2001, 08:39 AM   #2
LAM0015
Banned

for all of those touting calvin booth....well, he's not showing much against some of the better teams. let's not be so quick to run bradley out of town..because right now, he's our best option.
i'd say send mark bryant in early in game three to break a leg or two of karl malone. that would be an emotional pick me up for the mavs
Old 04-25-2001, 09:06 AM   #3
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

One position killed us lastnight. POINT GUARD!!! Granted the officiating was terrible, but you should expect that so I don't blame it on them. Our rebounding was better but still not where it needs to be. However the point guard position simply killed us lastnight. John Stockton played remarkable and Nash didn't give us what we needed lastnight. He didn't play horrible, but he could have played better. Down by three and he has a WIDE OPEN three pointer and shoots an air ball, that HURT BADLY!!!!!

I can honestly say, I can't see us winning three in a row against UTAH, but I still think we can steal one.
Old 04-25-2001, 09:32 AM   #4
LAM0015
Banned

on one of those attempts for him late in the game..he was tripped by stockton and was trying to draw his 6th foul...
well, no, it's not the officiating's fault...that's why i'm saying both teams should be bitching about the game.
the first half of the game, the officials literally screwed the mavs..but they got a more calls in the second half. the officials did, however, refuse to give stockton his 6th foul
Old 04-25-2001, 01:00 PM   #5
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

This will be the only post I have today, as I will need a day or two to reflect on my feelings and find my inner child! I had so much hope for the game last night, and still do for the game on Sat. But one thing I will say... isn't it amazing how the Mavs started turning things around when they started giving the ball to Nowitzki instead of Howard in the low post? Dirk was clearly struggling from outside, lets get him some inside baskets from 10 to 12 feet and get his confidence up. If one of the Big Two (Dirk or Fin) are off, this Mavs team doesnt do so well, and Dirk has been off.

That is all I have right now... I will need to get my emotion back for game 3 here in Dallas!!!
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 03:32 PM   #6
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Giostar, you are right. I see another problem, when they post Howard up, NO ONE positions themselves for a rebound. If someone, ANYONE would cut to the basket while Juwan is dribbling, either someone would have an easy layup or the defense would rotate to the cutting person and someone on the perimeter (preferably Dirk or Fin) would be standing wide open. It's so frustrating.
Old 04-25-2001, 04:38 PM   #7
LAM0015
Banned

howard does not have the slightest idea how to pass out of a double team. it pisses me off watching him take some of the shots he throws up.
yes, he can be a valuable player but he needs to learn how to pass out of the double team.

get dirk and fin the ball early....let dirk and/or fin drive to the hole some and get their confidence up. i hope fin's cold shooting in the second half doesn't carry over...but i hope dirk's late hot play does carry over
with this many days off...nothing will carry over besides poor officiating that screws both teams...just not equally
Old 04-26-2001, 08:33 AM   #8
LAM0015
Banned

it seems as if when jhoward gets the ball, they clear out of the lane to give him more room to operate. but, when he misses a shot, there is nobody on the mavs team to secure the offensive board