Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-18-2007, 07:25 PM   #401
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

To the Redskins and their fans:

untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2007, 07:27 PM   #402
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

A little too close for comfort, but great game! 9-1, baby. Bring on the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:38 PM   #403
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Dear God and TO,

Thank you and I will say hail mary's until the next game starts.

sincerely,
me
Old 11-19-2007, 12:04 AM   #404
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

If Roy Williams is still starting next year, I think I am going to jump off a cliff. Is Pat Watkins making any progress? Would it be that bad of an idea to play Watkins at free safety and move Hamlin to SS? I can't really see him sucking any worse than Roy Williams out there against the pass.

Luckily we have a stud QB that is throwing to a stud receiver.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:17 AM   #405
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic
If Roy Williams is still starting next year, I think I am going to jump off a cliff. Is Pat Watkins making any progress? Would it be that bad of an idea to play Watkins at free safety and move Hamlin to SS? I can't really see him sucking any worse than Roy Williams out there against the pass.

Luckily we have a stud QB that is throwing to a stud receiver.
You don't think the coaches have that figured out?
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:51 AM   #406
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, who better to drop a game-winning TD pass than TO? ;-) Great call Coach Wade!

I kid, I kid. TO had a great game and I am ready for Thursday already!

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:35 AM   #407
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Trade Roy after he makes a big hit and causes a fumble.. that's what people seem to look at anyways.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:02 AM   #408
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

cowboys won~~~~~~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:07 PM   #409
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Why does everyone want to get rid of Roy? When bum tight ends start killing us i'll hop on the bandwaggon but Jeremy Shockey and Clay Cooley are far from scrubs. The Cowboys know what their doing. If they want someone to guard these tight ends just stick Jacque Reeves or Nathan Jones on them. Roy's been decent this year. Everytime a tight end does something we blame Roy but its not always his responsibility to guard the tight end. I saw Ellis and Ware have f ups in coverage against Cooley as well yesterday. Not saying Roy doesn't deserve criticism i'm just saying replacing Roy(with who btw? Pat Watkins? Keith Davis? All horrible in coverage) isn't going to make us the #1 rated defense. We're already #7.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:26 PM   #410
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
You don't think the coaches have that figured out?
I hope they have.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 11-19-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:29 PM   #411
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Cooley and Shockey may be really good tight ends, but doesn't it depress you a little bit how every tight end seemingly puts up their best numbers against the Cowboys week after week? As good as Shockey is, I'm willing to bet he doesn't repeat those numbers again this season, and that was Cooley's second best game of the season.

I do think there are some nice things about the defense, but a part of me thinks it is fool's gold right now because I'm seeing some of the same problems last year with teams being able to pass on us at when they want to. I'm definitely scared of the Packers game right now because that passing game will shred us alive if we play against them like we played yesterday.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 11-19-2007 at 01:33 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:09 PM   #412
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

Roy sucks, there's no arguement. Unless your an OU apologist, I don't see how anyone can dissagree. He is useless in space. He always think's its someone else's fault. Even if Cooley wasn't his cover on the first TD, who was he covering then. No one was even close to him. He doesn't wrap up when he tackles. I think he closes his eyes when he goes for a hard tackle, jumps with his eyes closed, head down, and arms back, leading with his shoulder. No one will trade for him cause he makes way too much money. Keith Davis or Hamlin could do the job just fine. Cut his A**.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:04 PM   #413
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

dont trade Roy, cause then i will have to buy another blue cowboys authentic jersey..and i don't want to drop the money on it.

If i was going to buy a jersey i'd buy either..

barber
ware
T.O

hmmm
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #414
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
dont trade Roy, cause then i will have to buy another blue cowboys authentic jersey..and i don't want to drop the money on it.

If i was going to buy a jersey i'd buy either..

barber
ware
T.O

hmmm
Get Ware, that dude is a bona-fide stud and should be for years to come.

Of course I got a Romo jersey at Albertson's for $25 a few weeks a go. I thought it was a good deal, even if it wasn't "authentic" one. I'm too cheap to shill out mega bucks at this point in my life on an authentic one.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
Old 11-19-2007, 06:10 PM   #415
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, i don't know...what im going to do...i will definitely do nothing, until he is no longer a cowboy.

i can't be that idiot wearing an charles "chuck" haley jersey like 10 years after the guy is off the team.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:14 AM   #416
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Cooley and Shockey may be really good tight ends, but doesn't it depress you a little bit how every tight end seemingly puts up their best numbers against the Cowboys week after week? As good as Shockey is, I'm willing to bet he doesn't repeat those numbers again this season, and that was Cooley's second best game of the season.

I do think there are some nice things about the defense, but a part of me thinks it is fool's gold right now because I'm seeing some of the same problems last year with teams being able to pass on us at when they want to. I'm definitely scared of the Packers game right now because that passing game will shred us alive if we play against them like we played yesterday.
Well Wade Phillips did say that the defense's plan was to let Shockey get his just take care of Toomer and Plaxico since they did the majority of the damage in the first meeting. If that's actually true than it was meant for Shockey to have a season-high game.

I hear the "Let's trade Roy" talk all the time at school and work and all I can ask is who do we replace him with? I don't think people realize how rare it is to find a safety who can cover well in coverage. Chances are they are cornerback's if they can do so. Polumala(?) and Ed Reed are the only safety's I can think of who can cover that are safety's. That's a small bunch. You can get Ed Reed or Troy Palumala in here then i'm for getting rid of Roy. I don't think there's a better option out there. Let's not even bring up last year when we had Pat Watkins and Keith Davis playing alongside him. They are even worse in coverage than Roy though for a rookie Pat Watkins did exceed my expectations.

If you think the Cowboys have it bad what does it say about every other team in the league? I'm looking at recieving leaders in the NFL and there are 5 tight ends that crack the top 20 in recieving yards.

Quote:
Roy sucks, there's no arguement. Unless your an OU apologist, I don't see how anyone can dissagree. He is useless in space. He always think's its someone else's fault. Even if Cooley wasn't his cover on the first TD, who was he covering then. No one was even close to him. He doesn't wrap up when he tackles. I think he closes his eyes when he goes for a hard tackle, jumps with his eyes closed, head down, and arms back, leading with his shoulder. No one will trade for him cause he makes way too much money. Keith Davis or Hamlin could do the job just fine. Cut his A**.
Just because you don't like Roy doesn't mean he "sucks". And its retarted to cut him especially after just signing a 6 year extension just last year. No reason to hurt your cap space over Roy Williams. He's still the best we have to offer at the position. Keith Davis and Hamlin can do the job just fine? Did you even see the Cowboys last year when Keith Davis was playing alongside Roy? And I guess Ken Hamlin would be a good option to play both Free Safety and Strong Safety at the same time. That makes sense. Fans are never satisfied. We're 9-1. Not saying we shouldn't look to improve but goodness if I hear one more let's get rid of..... type comment i'm gonna lose it. I heard someone on the radio actually say we should get rid of Wade Phillips and make Jason Garrett head coach so he won't bolt next off-season.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:59 AM   #417
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Me = 2-0.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:02 AM   #418
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty
Me = 2-0.
start the GDT for the Green Bay game

Contact Me
Old 11-20-2007, 11:09 AM   #419
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

We are going to destroy GB.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 11-20-2007, 11:27 AM   #420
ty
Diamond Member

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7PuseippEYE
(around 1:40...)

Quote:
How’s your hand?
Quote:

"All right. I didn’t know it would be on TV. It hurt a little bit but no broken blood vessels." - Wade Phillips

(laughter)

Last edited by ty; 11-20-2007 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:03 PM   #421
roadrunner
Golden Member

roadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to beholdroadrunner is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Well Wade Phillips did say that the defense's plan was to let Shockey get his just take care of Toomer and Plaxico since they did the majority of the damage in the first meeting. If that's actually true than it was meant for Shockey to have a season-high game.
How about a season and career high of 12 catches and 129 yards? Most of which were on 31.

Quote:
I hear the "Let's trade Roy" talk all the time at school and work and all I can ask is who do we replace him with? I don't think people realize how rare it is to find a safety who can cover well in coverage. Chances are they are cornerback's if they can do so. Polumala(?) and Ed Reed are the only safety's I can think of who can cover that are safety's. That's a small bunch. You can get Ed Reed or Troy Palumala in here then i'm for getting rid of Roy. I don't think there's a better option out there. Let's not even bring up last year when we had Pat Watkins and Keith Davis playing alongside him. They are even worse in coverage than Roy though for a rookie Pat Watkins did exceed my expectations.
There are several more prominent and obvious safeties that are good in coverage like Brian Dawkins, Sean Taylor, Tanard Jackson, Sammy Knight, Antoine Bethea, Jermaine Phillips, Rodney Harrison, and any of the starting safeties that are not already mentioned that play for the Redskins, Colts, Bucs, Titans, and Patriots. Those are just the obvious ones. I might could name some others if I was able to watch every team in the league.

Look, I'm not advocating trading Roy (yet), but the guy has bad technique, takes bad angles, and, apparently, is not a good judge of ball flight. On top of that, he likes to shed blame to teammates during the game and not take any responsibility to the press or fans between games. The TD pass to Cooley was a good example. He was a good 5 yards into the endzone and shifted his hips in the wrong direction before Cooley had crossed the 5-10 yard line and before Cambell had even released the ball. He had no reason to even turn his hips to begin with, much less in the opposite direction from which Cooley was running toward. If he was technically sound on that play, he would keep his hips square and his eyes on the QB and then break for the ball when it is actually thrown. After the play, he had an animated conversation with Bradie James, as if to say it was Bradie's fault, not his. This is not a unique circumstance for 31. He had a similar circumstance earlier this year where the ball was thrown directly over his head for a 5 yard TD because he didn't drop far enough back in his zone coverage. What does he do, but turn around with palms up toward Reeves, as if to say that was your fault.

If that is not enough, then consider that there have been opposing QB's and TE's that have either directly or indirectly stated that they are looking for 31 in coverage because they know that is the best way to beat our secondary. I have heard several media personalities mention the same thing as well. It's gotten to the point where it is very surprising to me to hear anyone defend his coverage skills.

If he was just technically and positionally sound, it would definitely improve his coverage skills. He has been in the league long enough to correct these things. There are no excuses for him. I have come to the conclusion that he is either stupid or lazy or both when it comes to technique and positioning.

Quote:
If you think the Cowboys have it bad what does it say about every other team in the league? I'm looking at recieving leaders in the NFL and there are 5 tight ends that crack the top 20 in recieving yards.
BTW, one of those is Jason Witten. Thankfully, Roy doesn't have to worry about facing him in a game. But, the others are Tony Gonzales, Antonio Gates, Kellen Winslow, and Jeremy Shockey. Of which, Roy has only faced and gotten torched by Shockey.

Quote:
Just because you don't like Roy doesn't mean he "sucks". And its retarted to cut him especially after just signing a 6 year extension just last year. No reason to hurt your cap space over Roy Williams. He's still the best we have to offer at the position. Keith Davis and Hamlin can do the job just fine? Did you even see the Cowboys last year when Keith Davis was playing alongside Roy? And I guess Ken Hamlin would be a good option to play both Free Safety and Strong Safety at the same time. That makes sense. Fans are never satisfied. We're 9-1. Not saying we shouldn't look to improve but goodness if I hear one more let's get rid of..... type comment i'm gonna lose it. I heard someone on the radio actually say we should get rid of Wade Phillips and make Jason Garrett head coach so he won't bolt next off-season.
Look, I agree with you that it makes no sense to cut him due to the cap hit. But, it is obvious that 31 is a liability for us in pass defense. I think he needs to be sent a message by taking his safety duties away. He has had plenty of time to improve. By improve, I mean to become technically and positionally sound in his game of which he has had years to do at this point in time but has not. And yes, I personally would take my chances with Watkins at FS and Hamlin at SS. I realize that Watkins has had his breakdowns in coverage, but he has the excuse of being young that Roy doesn't have. For that reason, I would give Watkins the opportunity to start.

I am very happy that we are 9-1, but I am looking forward to the future and cringing at the thought of 31 in coverage in a big game such as the one coming up against GB. What happens if the Cowboys make it to the SB and face the Pats? I don't want Roy in that kind of game. He would get torched. I would rather start Watkins now and find out what he can bring to the table compared to Roy to see if he is really an improvement or not. We could still use Roy at the linebacker spot in the nickel or dime, but I am still not convinced he is an asset there either.
We ran like a simple play, and usually the ball doesn’t come get me until later. So I just trotted through the play and I looked to the ball, and it was already right there in my face. … He sees the floor so well and sometimes he throws the ball and we don’t see it. He’s liable to really throw anything.” Dirk

Kidd to Dirk is the present day Stockton to Malone.

roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:53 PM   #422
alby
Guru

^ Roadrunner, I think everyone here knows Roy Williams isn't very good.

Contact Me
Old 11-20-2007, 05:08 PM   #423
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
If that is not enough, then consider that there have been opposing QB's and TE's that have either directly or indirectly stated that they are looking for 31 in coverage because they know that is the best way to beat our secondary. I have heard several media personalities mention the same thing as well. It's gotten to the point where it is very surprising to me to hear anyone defend his coverage skills.
I've heard the same ramblings from the media. You're not getting any defense from me about Roy's coverage. What i'm saying is what's better out there? What is out there to replace Roy because it sure isn't on this team unless you you want move Anthony Henry to one of the safety spots and draft a corner in the draft next off-season. When Henry and Newman get we should see Roy at the line more often. Our corners aren't there yet. Wade Phillips said his plan was to have Roy play more towards the line this year. Due to the injury of the cornerbacks i'm hoping that plan was post poned.

Quote:
BTW, one of those is Jason Witten. Thankfully, Roy doesn't have to worry about facing him in a game. But, the others are Tony Gonzales, Antonio Gates, Kellen Winslow, and Jeremy Shockey. Of which, Roy has only faced and gotten torched by Shockey.
So what does it say about every other safety in the league than if 5 tight ends can crack the top 20 in recieving yards? We're expecting something we just aren't going to get out of Roy. He is what he is. He's never been great in coverage. Even in college he was a threat playing more close to the line than in coverage. Now we expect for him to be Ed Reed? He's a different type of safety.

Quote:
And yes, I personally would take my chances with Watkins at FS and Hamlin at SS. I realize that Watkins has had his breakdowns in coverage, but he has the excuse of being young that Roy doesn't have. For that reason, I would give Watkins the opportunity to start.
Ahh...I don't know I think this team knows exactly what they have in Pat Watkins. He had 5 interceptions last year as a rookie and they still felt the need to upgrade by going after Ken Hamlin.

Quote:
I am very happy that we are 9-1, but I am looking forward to the future and cringing at the thought of 31 in coverage in a big game such as the one coming up against GB. What happens if the Cowboys make it to the SB and face the Pats? I don't want Roy in that kind of game. He would get torched. I would rather start Watkins now and find out what he can bring to the table compared to Roy to see if he is really an improvement or not. We could still use Roy at the linebacker spot in the nickel or dime, but I am still not convinced he is an asset there either.
The only guys that have been torching Roy are the full backs and tight ends. I'd take Watson and whoever starts for the Pats at fullback over Moss, Welker and Stallworth killing us. At this point if the Cowboys do make it to the Super Bowl and face the Pats its going to be a shoot out. All we can hope is that we can win a shoot-out against those guys because there's no stopping them at this point. You could add Ed Reed and subtract Roy and the Pats would still find a way to score against us.

At this point in the season we know what we have in Roy. I'm not expecting him to be good in coverage because he won't be. Still I think he's a threat playing closer to the line and i'm a bit optimistic on seeing how this team does once Henry and Newman start to get their leg's back. Jacque Reeves has had the experience as a starter so that should be an upgrade at the nickel corner spot. Let's just let the season play out before we right off our coverage team. They haven't been good this season but it isn't just all on Roy's shoulders. Hamlin is coming off a bad game as well.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:38 AM   #424
alby
Guru

cowboys game in one day, gosh it feels good.

Contact Me