Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
nowhereman
Diamond Member

nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute
Default One on One to Five with Dirk Nowitzki

Quote:

Q: We're already down to nine teams playing for eight playoff spots in the West ... and your team is in ninth at what's basically the halfway point. How worried are you that the Mavs could actually miss the playoffs?
A: It's been hard lately because we haven't had Josh [Howard]. So if Jet [Jason Terry] and I don't score 30, we're having trouble winning. Obviously you can't win with [only] two reliable scorers. But Josh has missed at least a month. I think we are still right there, but obviously we've got to get healthy.

Q: I'm sure you've heard people around town say it's time to blow this team up. It hasn't even been a full year yet since the Jason Kidd trade, but how worried are you that management might actually listen and consider trading you?
A: I've always said that I know this is a business. Cubes [Mavs owner Mark Cuban] has been great to me and he's a loyal guy, but in business I know that that stuff doesn't mean anything.
I've said it in the past when people [in Dallas] said we should try to get Shaq or try to get Kobe: If this franchise can get better by me leaving, then I understand. If they feel like I can't take this franchise any farther than where we got a couple years ago [when the Mavs advanced to the 2006 NBA Finals], then, hey, I'm happy to let someone try to take this over.

Q: Happy? I always thought you wanted to finish your career in Dallas.
A: Of course I do. I love this organization. I think if I did go somewhere else and even if I won the championship, I don't think it would feel the same. I've poured my heart and soul into this franchise. That's all that's missing for us here. We've done everything else.

Q: I know earlier this season you spoke about possibly taking a pay cut in the future if it could help the Mavs bring in more help for you. Where do you stand on that now?
A: My answer on that is that it's still all open right now. All the options are open. It's still [almost] two years away.

Q: What are "all the options?"
A: I could opt out [after the 2009-10 season and test free agency]. I could try to re-sign for less so we can sign somebody else. I could [decide to] not opt out. But I really haven't thought about it too much. We'll see what the future holds with my contract, but I'm still trying to make this [team] work.

From our man Marc Stein on the weekend dime. Good reading and things to consider moving forward.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...dime-090117-18

Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.

Last edited by nowhereman; 01-18-2009 at 09:17 AM.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
foglemann
Golden Member

foglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to beholdfoglemann is a splendid one to behold

It will be a sad day when the most truthful, honest player in the NBA doesnt wear our jersey anymore. It sucks that it might come down to that.
foglemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Dirk may be the only player on the Mavs that I would follow if he ever got traded.
craggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

That was the most worthless 5 questions. Ask him something that 99% of Mav fans don't already know.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:01 PM   #5
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I would think that was for the benefit of non mavs fans... a much bigger audience.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:19 PM   #6
TNT

TNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to allTNT is a name known to all

Dirk is the heart of mavericks.
TNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:21 PM   #7
Re-Dirk-ulous

Re-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of lightRe-Dirk-ulous is a glorious beacon of light

Dirk is the Mavericks
Re-Dirk-ulous is offline   Reply With Quote