Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 03-30-2002, 03:39 PM   #1
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope noone is offended, but I thought this was a cool story. It appears on the CNN archives. If you think you might be offended, please stop reading now.

Thought you might like to know what happened in a little town north of Bakersfield, California. After you finish reading this, please let others so that our nation and people around the world will know about those who laughed when they found out about the tragic events in New York, Pennsylvania, and the Pentagon. On September 11th, a Budweiser employee was making a delivery to a convenience store in a California town named McFarland. He knew of the tragedy that had occurred in New York when he entered the business to find the two Arabs, who owned the business, whooping and hollering to show their approval and support of this treacherous attack. The Budweiser employee went to his truck, called his boss and told him of the very upsetting event! He didn't feel he could be in that store with those horrible people. His boss asked him, "Do you think you could go in there long enough to pull every Budweiser product and item our beverage company sells there? We'll never deliver to them again." The employee walked in, proceeded to pull every single product his beverage company provided and left with an incredible grin on his face. He told them never to bother to call for a delivery again. Budweiser happens to be the beer of choice for that community.
Just letting you know how Kern County handled this situation!!

From a friend of mine....
And now the rest of the story: It seems that the Bud driver and the Pepsi man are neighbors. Bud called Pepsi and told him. Pepsi called his boss who told him to pull all Pepsi products as well!! That would include Frito Lay, etc. Furthermore, word spread and many vendors followed suit. At last report, the store was closed indefinitely. Good old
American Passive-Aggressive Ass Whoopin'! America
needs to know that we're all working together.

Don't know about ya'll, but I'm still pissed. I like to hear stories like this. I hope noone was offended.

Doc
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2002, 09:31 PM   #2
Epitome22
Golden Member

Epitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the roughEpitome22 is a jewel in the rough

No Offense intended but are you sure this is real?
Epitome22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 10:52 PM   #3
Drbio
Banned

Epitome- A friend sent me that last part, but the first half was from the CNN archive. That's pretty reliable to me.
Old 03-31-2002, 04:09 PM   #4
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

Dr. Bio, I am not trying to start a flame war or anything, but that story isn't true. I don't doubt however that you found it on CNN. We can all remember the stories and rumors that circulated following the attack. A lot of them were picked up by the CNN, and BBCs of the world. News came so fast that the media outlets let a lot of misinformation slide. They just didn't want to be outscooped. Unfortunately it led to a lot of bad reporting by news agencies we all, myself included, depend on for reliable information.

Bud

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 04:34 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

grbh- I'm not offended at all. The story came to my attention and I thought it was cool. I know that CNN isn't unfallable, but I take no offense at all. Just a story. And thanks for the link. I have passed it along to my friends as well.